Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are your thoughts over the situation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are your thoughts over the situation?
    Posted: 30-May-2011 at 16:55

Say you’ve just had a very vivid dream about lottery numbers being picked that very day.  So much so you’re convinced that they are the numbers which will be picked that very day.  You wake only to be confronted by a very hungry child, your child, who is very very hungry.  You know there is not one scrap of food in the house, and no one is giving away anything to you.  You put your hands in your pockets in full knowledge that if there is no money in them you will still be getting some more money the following day.  When you bring your hands out again all you have is just enough money to either buy one single lottery ticket, or some food for your hungry child.  It hasn’t escaped your mind that if the lottery number come up then your child is unlikely to face being so hungry ever again.  You are that person.  What are your thought of the situation, and what would you do?

What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2011 at 17:00
No, it is not like wrestling a gorilla, it is more like reality, that is feeding your family!

Anyone entering the fantasy world, would just receive the benefits of such greed, that is the death of both you or your family, unless there existed just such a pervasive system to provide for such idiots.

And, it seems it exists today, in the form of "food stamps", etc.!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2011 at 17:15
"Food stamps" would have been spent for lottery ticket by them!Feeling is stronger than they are.This one is connected with feeling of personal safety:How much I need to be safe?(Till end of the world!)  
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2011 at 18:16
Remember I said there was nothing, so there is no food stamps, just the money. Anyway how many places have food stamps?
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2011 at 18:24
Within America (NOrth) almost any place will accept them if not prevented by statute Law.

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 30-May-2011 at 18:25
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2011 at 18:51
OK, for this possible dilemma food stamps are not an option. 
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2011 at 19:46
Anyone stupid enough to waste their money on gambling deserves to be poor. They'd have to be a really lousy parent to put the lottery before the needs of their family
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2011 at 22:34
Originally posted by Nick1986

Anyone stupid enough to waste their money on gambling deserves to be poor. They'd have to be a really lousy parent to put the lottery before the needs of their family

What if this person has never gambled ever in their life, does that make them stupid and worthy of being poor in the same way, or do you believe the poorness of these people is somehow made justified for whatever has preceded these events? Maybe these people are sick of days where there is no food, and the chance of the lottery win and the implications of no more days without food seems all too tempting. 
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2011 at 00:59
No matter,poor or rich,both of them are described according same formula:How much I&Family need for life
safety!Poor have only lottery ticket money.Rich,would have piled money&wealth for "bad days" and after life. 
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2011 at 16:52
Originally posted by medenaywe

No matter,poor or rich,both of them are described according same formula:How much I&Family need for life
safety!Poor have only lottery ticket money.Rich,would have piled money&wealth for "bad days" and after life. 

Does the buying of the lottery ticket put the family at real risk?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2011 at 17:02
That's your ratio!Food gives him one night peace.Ticket gives him eternal.Somewhere inside this forum had
topic about slavery.He is slave of his addiction.Lust for fetish,virtual safety.Man do not live day by day.Check
your credit card!Found yourself how long it will take to you,minus to be covered!?!

Edited by medenaywe - 31-May-2011 at 17:04
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2011 at 17:26
Originally posted by medenaywe

That's your ratio!Food gives him one night peace.Ticket gives him eternal.Somewhere inside this forum had
topic about slavery.He is slave of his addiction.Lust for fetish,virtual safety.Man do not live day by day.Check
your credit card!Found yourself how long it will take to you,minus to be covered!?!

If you read above you will see that I asked what if this person has never gambled in their life so far, this doesn't seem to be the actions of someone suffering from an addiction, though as the original question is to those reading it you would have to ask yourself about addiction as that person is you. LOL 
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2011 at 17:47
You have created black&white character that looks unreal.You and Nick blame this person above cause of
something that you can find everywhere!Analyses start from me,even if i have never been minus score on
credit cards,but people all around me are!One ticket money do not solve nobodies future!But if he spent all
the money from salary,that is other thing!In First case,he can change something,price is only one day more
starving!Second one is unforgivable cause he destroy lives of his family.He gambles!Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply