Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Minoan and Stonehenge?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minoan and Stonehenge?
    Posted: 28-May-2011 at 20:51
Hi folks, I did a search on Stonehenge and didn't get any results, so I am starting a new thread about Stonehenge. 

The following link has several images of Stonehenge and you can get more information by clicking on the link.  My curiosity was aroused by the 1640- 1520 B.C.  date of the new construction at Stonehenge.  What else was happening in the world at this time?  

http://www.google.co...iw=1024&bih=603

This comes from that link, Analysis of the results provides a best estimate for the date of the construction of the Y Holes is 1640 - 1520 cal BC. Given the archaeological arguments for the contemporaneity of the two circles and the curation demonstrated in Y Hole 30, the date from the Z Hole (2030 - 1740 cal BC) can only be regarded as a terminus post quem for these holes (see probability distributions). 

Now around 1640 the Minoan eruption hit. This was so devastating, as an earthquake and tidal wave, some think it is the cause of the story of Atlantis. Might it be possible these sea faring people, discovered Stonehenge and made some improvements? We know the Greeks made this trip.

http://www.decadevol...ntroduction.htm 

This Wikipedia link says Stonehenge could have been used as a place of healing and there is evidence people came from all over, because some of them were buried here.  One is a teenage boy dating around 1550 BC who grew up in the Mediterranean region.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonehenge

Edited by Athena - 28-May-2011 at 21:13
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2011 at 21:35
A few miles away from Stonehenge there is Bluehenge, a site of an earlier stone circle. There is a thought by some people that the stones were moved from that site to where Stonehenge is.
The two circles stood together for hundreds of years before Bluehenge was dismantled. Researchers believe its stones were used to enlarge Stonehenge during one of a number of redevelopments

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1217752/Henge-stones-Unearthed-site-monuments-little-sister.html#ixzz1NhWdCAzx
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2011 at 22:47
@Athena

Wow, you're saying that in the 2nd millenium BCE the Greeks had already discovered England? I always thought that the Celts and Germanians were isolated from civilizations until the Phoenicians started their colonies and trade all the way to Iberia and possibly England. Please do give me a link where I can read about this Mediterranean teenage boy burried in England. This would totally change the way I thought about early bronze age travel.

Timidi mater non flet
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2011 at 09:33
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

@Athena

Wow, you're saying that in the 2nd millenium BCE the Greeks had already discovered England? I always thought that the Celts and Germanians were isolated from civilizations until the Phoenicians started their colonies and trade all the way to Iberia and possibly England. Please do give me a link where I can read about this Mediterranean teenage boy burried in England. This would totally change the way I thought about early bronze age travel.

This might change it a little also.  In the part of New Jersey that I live in there have been a number of artifacts found with Tartessian and Iberic scripts on them.  In the Delaware Valley proper, there have been several finds of artifacts with Hinge ogham inscriptions on them.
These objects have been turning up for years.  They've never been studied.  Probably because of the hoopla that would accompany it.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2011 at 10:45
Wow, that would mean that the myth about the vikings discovering America is not that implausible. 
Timidi mater non flet
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2011 at 10:59
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

Wow, that would mean that the myth about the vikings discovering America is not that implausible. 

Baal, that's no Myth.  As a matter of fact, it's the only accepted instance of pre columbian contact. 
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2011 at 11:05
Also Egyptians were there!Frequency and destinations are still unknown!?!Approve
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2011 at 11:31
Yes, the blue stones were moved from another circle. 

Stonehenge is a complex of three circles.  Down the river is a wooden circle representing life.  The blue stone circle represented death, and those stone could have represented the ancestors of the original people.  They have been moved to region, because the people who moved them, believed they were moving their ancestors.  Then like the the Egyptian crossing of the Nile, from life to death, the procession would be from the wooden circle, and down the river, to the blue stone circle.  Later Stonehenge became part of the complex, and its location is geographically and astronomically important.  The alinement of Stonehenge would have taken my years of study, as it marks the course of the moon cycles, 19 years, 19 years, plus 18 years, 56 stones in all.   A black stone would have been moved with each change.  The location of Stonehenge is vitally important.  If it were located in a different area, it would not accurately mark the moon phases.

Ball Melqart, I did provide the link.  The line about the boy is near the end of the link.  Many of the buried bodies are deformed, and some are from far away places.  Indicating this a place of healing that attracted people from far away.

http://www.decadevol...ntroduction.htm

Furthermore, I heard there is a large granite, donut shape stone that a body can be passed through.   The alinement with the sun is best between January and February.  If a body is passed through the granite stone at this time, the person could experience the relief of some symptoms.  I believe this has to do with electro-magnetic waves and their effect on bones.  Bone conditions such as arthritis are most likely to be effected.  I would love to travel there and be passed through the stone, to see if it makes any difference.   The crystals in the granite stones, and there location in relation to the astronomical events,  are vitally important, because it is the crystals that conduct the electro-magnetic energy. 

I found the possible healing effect of Stonehenge interesting, and my interest was increased by the reports of bodies that came from far away, and the possibility that Minoan's could have fled here after the volcanic and tidal wave destroyed their island.   At this time the blue stones were from the blue stone circle to Stonehenge, indicating and a major cultural change, and possibly a technological change.  

Red Clay, I have heard there are Stonehenge type places in the US.  I have heard that people reacted to natural disasters by moving.  I love the fact gathering and speculations.  I love the mystery about where people traveled and what they knew or believed, a lot better then the murder mystery books.   I think it is important that we figure out this riddle, so I thank you for your input.

Here is further evidence of Minoans dispersing, possibly at the time of the volcanic eruption, and creating settlements in other places.  This is likely a Minoan place in the Galilee of what is today Israel.  
http://archaeologybriefs.blogspot.com/2011/04/evidence-of-minoans-at-middle-bronze.html

Edited by Athena - 29-May-2011 at 11:44
 Post Reply Post Reply