Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tiger, I have my pick for the NCLS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiger, I have my pick for the NCLS
    Posted: 28-May-2011 at 05:38
After watching this last series I know who I would like to see in the NLCS.  The Reds and the Phils.  That match up has the potential  to outdo the 1980 NCLS with the Astros and the Phils.  Which is ranked in the top ten sporting events of all time.

Baker still has some slots to fill, and he has a very young team, but by the time fall rolls around he'll have quite a team. 
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Tiger of Kai View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Tiger of Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2011 at 12:35
If we can get our pitching back in shape, we could make it that far. Right now we are reeling! Dusty made 7 roster moves in 7 days! All Pitchers! That's gonna have to settle down if we want to make the playoffs.

I have no doubt the Phils will be there, though. 
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2011 at 13:44
Well, I know he sent Chapman down to a 3A club.  He's supposedly on the IR.  But they had to do something about his control, or lack there of. 

Watched some of the Reds/ braves game Sun.  I don't remember the Red's pitchers name, but he pitched a heck of a good game.  He just didn't have any offense behind him.  He pitched as well or better than Halladay yest.  The Nats. touched him for 3 homers.  The Phils won, but he didn't have one of his best outings.
Like I've posted before, I'm a lifetime Phils fan yes,  But first I'm a "Baseball Fan".  From little league to College and the Minor leagues, I will watch it all.  And that goes for the standings and quality as well.  I like watching poor teams play to see what makes them that way.  Conversely the "Perrenial Front Runners" have things to tell.
I guess that makes me as much a Reds Fan as a Phils.  This isn't anything unusual, any longtime Phils fan will tell you that we have learned to derive pleasure from watching other teams win.Big smileLOL

Tiger, the Reds have had some of the best teams of all time.  I was fortunate to have been able to see players like Johnny Bench and Pete Rose from their rookie years on.  Watching Rose cover Centerfield was something to see.  [So was watching him going home with a catcher blocking the plate] Big smile You think the Posey thing was a big deal? I don't recall anyone getting hurt, possibly because only a Rutting Moose will go head to head with a freight train.Tongue It's how he played the game, and everyone knew it.  So you had the option as a catcher, be the Hero, and get your butt run over, or make it look as good as you could, whatever the outcome and keep all your parts where they belonged.  Most chose the latter.
Tiger, the Reds have a ways to go yet, but from my seat they are starting to jell as a team.  They also have one of the best Managers and Baseball minds in the bus.  Dusty Baker is  out of the same mold as Charlie is.  I wouldn't have said what I did About the NCLS, if I didn't think there was a good chance it could happen.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Tiger of Kai View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Tiger of Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2011 at 11:47
Jonny Cueto was the pitcher against the Braves the other night. He's probably been our most consistent pitcher thus far this season.

I'm a bit younger than you ( ;) ), so I never got to see Rose or Bench play live. I grew up watching the Reds teams of Jose Rijo, Chris Sabo, Rob Dibble, Reggie Sanders, Barry Larkin, Eric Davis, Paul O'Neil, Norm Charlton, etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply