Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Movie cowboy shootout

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movie cowboy shootout
    Posted: 19-May-2011 at 08:15
John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Henry Fonda, Roy Rogers, Lee Van Cleef, Kevin Costner, Yul Brynner and Charles Bronson (all in character) meet in a seedy Deadwood saloon for a friendly game of poker (the Lone Ranger wouldn't show up as he never drinks, laughs or gambles). Everything seems to be going well until the cowboys have a little too much whisky to drink. When Yul accuses the Duke of cheating at cards things break down into an ugly brawl. The enraged cowboys reach for their guns and challenge each other to step outside. The next morning The Duke, Blondie, Henry, Roy, Chris, Kevin, Lee, and Harmonica step outside at opposite ends of the street.

Who walks away from the shootout?

The Duke

Hat: Silverbelly
Weapon: Colt Dragoon
Allegiance: Lawman

The Man with No Name

Hat: Dirty brown
Weapon: Colt Navy
Allegiance: Outlaw

Henry Fonda

Hat: Black
Weapon: Colt Army

Yul Brynner

Weapon: Colt Peacemaker

Roy Rogers

Hat: White

Lee Van Cleef

Weapon: Remington 1858

Kevin Costner

Weapon: Colt Buntline

Charles Bronson

Hat: Brown
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2011 at 08:24
Originally posted by Nick1986

The Man with No Name

My answer is Clint Eastwood aka Blondie from Sergio Leone's Italian made westerns :)

"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2011 at 08:51
They all kill each other. but James Stewart is passing by and get mistaken for the victims and remembered till his dying day as the man who shot them.
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2011 at 17:40
Jimmy Stewart aside, who would be the last to die?
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2011 at 18:24
Originally posted by Toltec

They all kill each other. but James Stewart is passing by and get mistaken for the victims and remembered till his dying day as the man who shot them.

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Sorry Nick that just got me.

The 'last' is 'the man with no name' as he was the fastest on screen and also wore and iron plate under his poncho.Wink
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2011 at 19:05
Blondie may be the fastest, but who's to say his opponents won't have time to shoot back after they're hit? John Wayne has killed scores of bad guys, Charles Bronson is a mean Tatar and Yul Brynner is a robot
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2011 at 19:18

John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Henry Fonda, Roy Rogers, Lee Van Cleef, Kevin Costner, Yul Brynner and Charles Bronson (all in character) meet in a seedy Deadwood saloon for a friendly game of poker (the Lone Ranger wouldn't show up as he never drinks, laughs or gambles). Everything seems to be going well until the cowboys have a little too much whisky to drink. When Yul accuses the Duke of cheating at cards things break down into an ugly brawl. The enraged cowboys reach for their guns and challenge each other to step outside. The next morning The Duke, Blondie, Henry, Roy, Chris, Kevin, Lee, and Harmonica step outside at opposite ends of the street.

Who walks away from the shootout?

The Duke

Hat: Silverbelly
Weapon: Colt Dragoon

The Man with No Name

Henry Fonda

Yul Brynner

Roy Rogers

Hat: White

Lee Van Cleef

Weapon: Remington 1858

Kevin Costner

Weapon: Colt Buntline

Charles Bronson

Hat: Brown

Isn't this almost impossible to answer with there only being two ends of the street, and a number of opponents? Are they being matched up one on one, or in teams? Confused
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2011 at 19:21

Blondie may be the fastest, but who's to say his opponents won't have time to shoot back after they're hit? John Wayne has killed scores of bad guys, Charles Bronson is a mean Tatar and Yul Brynner is a robot

LOL

Not good enough Nick...nobody ever got up after 'Blondie' shot them. And Tuco would have shot the robot in the back of the head as per his style from behind.

Good thread.....I need to laugh more.Big smile
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2011 at 19:23
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Isn't this almost impossible to answer with there only being two ends of the street, and a number of opponents? Are they being matched up one on one, or in teams? Confused

Every man's out for himself. They could come from anywhere (not just from the ends of the street, but from the doors of buildings) and can hide behind obstacles like barrels, cactuses or water troughs should they choose to. However, each cowboy is within shooting range of his rivals and is armed with a pair of revolvers

Edited by Nick1986 - 19-May-2011 at 19:25
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2011 at 19:30
In that case, I'll shoot for the man with no name. His record against multiple opponents in close proximity is second to none. 
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2011 at 20:46
The Duke would win, even if hit, he is by far the biggest man at the fair! Thus more likely to survive multiple hits. Big guys can just take more! "Fill your hands and prepare to die!", or some words to that effect?

Actually I looked it up, and Rooster, facing four men, says in the movie;

"Fill your hands you son of a bitch."

He would be a tough son of a bitch to kill however!

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 19-May-2011 at 20:54
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2011 at 00:22
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

In that case, I'll shoot for the man with no name. His record against multiple opponents in close proximity is second to none. 

But only after he spits.Big smile I'll second that, he's always got an angle.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2011 at 12:00
But surely even if Blonde shot the Duke, the Duke's 200,000 horse archers would pepper him with arrows and I doubt even if blonde carries 200,000 six gun shells with him.
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2011 at 12:57
Cause you are developing screenplay here,I will support it with this music and dialogs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZfIt2StIEs
There are two kinds of people Tuco:those with guns and those that dig!So,dig!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjdCcKTXn-Q

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2011 at 14:47
Originally posted by Toltec

But surely even if Blonde shot the Duke, the Duke's 200,000 horse archers would pepper him with arrows and I doubt even if blonde carries 200,000 six gun shells with him.

Aaah, but they had secret weapons.  They had six guns that rarely needed reloading.ConfusedBig smile I once saw an old western in which a gunfight took place between 3 men.  I counted 67 shots between the 3 and no reloading.Big smile
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2011 at 15:38
Re-loading? Holly Wood has been reloading movies for the last 50 or so years, just how many versions of good movies have been "reloaded?"
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2011 at 16:40
I always was wondering how come that the best westerns were made in Europe :)
The best duel scene in history of western movies:

Edited by Mosquito - 20-May-2011 at 16:45
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2011 at 16:50
and the most funny version of Ennio Moricone's music from "The good, the bad and the ugly" played by Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain :

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 19:09
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 19:22
There are three left on the smoky, blood stained street...The man with no name, Yul the robot and Charles Mother...king Bronson. Clint whips out his cell-phone jammer and renders the robot useless. Two quick shots...Charles the great falls, stone dead. The man with no name watches the blood trickle from the flesh wound in his side. From the rear, Klaus Kinski creeps out and blows his nameless head off with a rare turkish fowling piece.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>