Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what is your ethnic background?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is your ethnic background?
    Posted: 12-May-2011 at 22:04
since there are many members here, just wanted to know what is your ethnic background?

I am orginally from balochistan on the Pakistani side, but i was born in Karachi, Pakistan and then moved to Canada in 1996. Unfortunatly i know very little about my own baloch culture, since i never really lived there.

Edited by balochii - 12-May-2011 at 22:04
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2011 at 22:06
In American parlance I am a mutt. My ancestors include:

Scots-Irish
German-Czech
Native American-Spanish
Danish-English

Because I married an American girl with Dutch and Polish ancestry my son has that and all of the above.

He married a Canadian lady (whose ancestory has French, English and Swedish) and their child, my grandaughter, now has all the above.Smile

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 12-May-2011 at 22:10
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2011 at 22:10
Mostly British and Polish but also part German, part Ukrainian, part Irish, part gypsy and possibly part Tatar or Jew
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2011 at 22:22
I am 50% Polish (with a strong possibility of Tartar mixture) and 50% colonial French. 

With the exception of being raised with some North African foods, and French being spoken by some family members, I am almost completely acculturated as a "white American".   

Edited by Cryptic - 12-May-2011 at 22:24
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2011 at 22:26
As far as I know, I am an admixture of Native American (I believe on both sides of my immediate mother and father) as well as English, possibly Scot, some French (Hugenots) and possibly others.

But, I only consider myself and my family as Americans!

Not a Nord Americano, but as a real American.

All Americans are such! All ties to other places have been cut. And in most cases, here in the Southern USA, they have been cut for some centuries.

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 12-May-2011 at 22:28
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
PADDYBOY View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Historum joker, suspended

Quote PADDYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2011 at 02:37
Born and bred in the land of the purple heather and the dirty weather. The land where the sun rarely shines. 
I'm Scottish. LOL
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2011 at 06:55

My father's side of the family is from southern Iran and also part Jewish. My mother's side is half Iranian from north Iran and half Iraqi Arab.

"Prayer is when you talk to God. Insanity is when you talk to God and he answers back."
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2011 at 08:19

Muttsville on my side also.  Maternal-Scottish, Welsh.  Paternal-Irish, Scot, German and an Admix of Native American and West African.

However, the genetic studies that have been done on my niece have had most of my family scratching their heads. Our family has some unique markers for a typical family group.Confused
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2011 at 08:24
Originally posted by PADDYBOY

Born and bred in the land of the purple heather and the dirty weather. The land where the sun rarely shines. 
I'm Scottish. LOL

My mother's mother was from Motherwell.  [Say that 3 times real fast]Wink I still have quite a few rels. there.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2011 at 15:25
I am Moroccan from my father's side and German from my mother's side. 
Timidi mater non flet
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2011 at 17:04
My mother's mother was from Motherwell. [Say that 3 times real fast] I still have quite a few rels. there.

I have said it three or ten times fast and I have found nothing different, and I have been drinking for the last few hours.

Should it mean anything?
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
MediaWarLord View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2011 at 18:44
As far as I know am I a full-blooded Yezidi Kurdish horse. I was born in Tbilisi, the USSR in 1979.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2011 at 14:17
Originally posted by opuslola

My mother's mother was from Motherwell. [Say that 3 times real fast] I still have quite a few rels. there.

I have said it three or ten times fast and I have found nothing different, and I have been drinking for the last few hours.

Should it mean anything?

Means you probably can't say it sober.Big smileLOL
Unknown.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2011 at 16:31
From both side got Polish and German blood as I live in the part of Poland where both these nations were mixing a lot. In the 18th century half of population in my city died from plague and city council invited settlers from Bavaria if they only were catholic, to avoid religious conflicts. Those Germans were polonised in about one generation and today big part of people who live in my city got German surnames. However German settlers were coming to my region since the 12th century.
I got also a little piece of Italian blood after one Italian revolutionist who came to Poland in 1863 to fight in January Uprising 1863 and he stayed in Poland after defeat becoming one of my ancestors.
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Michael Collins View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian
Historum joker, suspended

Quote Michael Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2011 at 18:32
I'm Boring.

Irish. And More Irish. And More Irish again.
Is í labhairt a dteanga an moladh is mó is féidir linn a thabhairt dár namhaid.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2011 at 19:39
LOLNow get back to cracking them books fer the final.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply