Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ancient Egypteans influence on Meditteranen area!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ancient Egypteans influence on Meditteranen area!
    Posted: 12-May-2011 at 11:40
Let us talk about it,without chance anyone could be excluded if this deserved our attention long time ago!
Egypt and his influence,on all we are today!Including our languages!Ancient time knew Athens,Sparta, Thebes...Greece was created in 18th century even as terminology for God sake!We are talking about facts and rational mind!Here you are!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2011 at 13:05
Like the Greeks, the Romans also adopted elements of Egyptian culture: Horus was depicted as a centurion, Isis had many breasts and several wealthy Romans were mummified after death
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2011 at 13:14
Book of the Dead compared with Bible,Old Testament and a lot of New Testament!We have not a lot of original written scripts but could be recognized influence or copy/paste inside "new" scripts.Give me more of
that here!Dig into your mind mines and post here. 
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2011 at 16:38
We all drink beer!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2011 at 17:29
Basic statement we have!Slow it now!Where does beer is,you say!Such a pity,it is not family business,after prohibition.Let us see their kitchen and meals!
http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/timelines/topics/food.htm
and something real you can cook everyday:
http://www.ehow.com/about_5460494_food-recipes-ancient-egypt.html
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2011 at 21:55

Here is a statue of Augustus as Pharaoh. The Roman emperors saw themselves as the successors of the ancient Egyptian kings
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2011 at 12:03
I suppose that had a lot to do with Augustus's defeat of Antony and Cleopatra.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2011 at 07:49
Were mummies only in Egypt?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capuchin_catacombs_of_Palermo
According new graveyards reveled in Egypt,200m below the earth,how many burial chambers are still hidden all around us.One word remind me that on Balkans were lot of places,underground tombs.Balkans
today have such a lot of Sarcophagus towns or habitats.

Edited by medenaywe - 19-May-2011 at 00:53
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2011 at 09:00
What do you think about numbers in usage today?Where do they have roots? 

Edited by medenaywe - 17-May-2011 at 09:07
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 03:53
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 18:50
Dear Nick1986! Thanks for your posting of a photo of a European in Egyptian garb! Most people in the world would never have thought such.
Just how many other statues, might well refer to kings from the Middle Ages, etc.? Does anyone really know?

And, I also feel that most every one should consider just what is the meaning of the word and "title?", used, which is "Augustus."

If you believe any of the following meanings are accurate, then we might well come up with some problems in reading the descripions of others in the history of both Egypt and Rome?

Thus here is one group of meanings;

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Augustus or this one?

http://www.behindthename.com/name/augustus

Thus any one who would give any thought to the name, might well conclude that the name of this King, in other instances, could well be translated or written as, "The Great!"

Just what was his so called Roman name? Can you find meanings for each of them, or does any one know by just how many of these words were used to describe this "great King", whilst he was one?

Just some entertaining questions.

I would also suggest that the musical term "Octave" also has some connection? Maybe meaning "eighth?", or something else quite similar?

But, back to the topic, was not the Med., at one time, called the Sea of the Egyptians?

Just what period did this point of view exist within?

Regards,
Ron

Edited by opuslola - 22-May-2011 at 19:08
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2011 at 20:14
Augustus Caesar's birth name was Gaius Octavus Thurinus. When he was adopted by his uncle Julius he changed his surname to Caesar
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2011 at 03:49
Nice post,contribute with my theory of continuity of civilization!Roman catacombs were also similar with old
Egyptian tomb pits those days.Similar with early Christian tombs at all.Ears of Augustus feast Tutankhamun
ears also!Big smile
    Main puzzle of Rome is origin of language:Was this spoken by few in the beginning?Why/How did they make it?
archaiokapilos View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote archaiokapilos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 13:20
Greece was creatad in the 18th century? Really? Even so modern Greeks still speak a Greek language while your beloved Egyptians have nothing in common with the ancient ones (everything changed in your Arabo-Egyptian culture from language to religion)
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2011 at 11:37
Text in the middle have syllables that were not "Greek"."Greek' was third text on Rosetta Stone and if you ask linguists about it,they will say it is Phoenician/(Persian dialect?).Demotico was people's language of Egypt,I suppose Upper Egypt mostly.If it is,and text says it is Danayan language,third one was Persian or Phoenician.Archaicapilos:Why do Arabs read/write from right to left?Why did Demotiko they read/write from right to left?That's the basic answer in my cryptic story!!!Big smileAhele-i and rest of characters from Il(n)iad and Odyssey were just copy/paste from other's people history.LOLLot of Med sea and Europe history
was simply stolen!Clap
P.S.There were city states:Athens,Sparta,Thebes etc.etc.Greece?Show me original ancient document within it.

Edited by medenaywe - 25-May-2011 at 14:44
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2011 at 14:13
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2011 at 08:12
Metal processing till 18 century and after:
http://neon.mems.cmu.edu/cramb/Processing/history.html
http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/trades/metals.htm
http://www.digitalegypt.ucl.ac.uk/metal/metalinegypt.html
last link shows us they knew about iron also produced it.Why did not use it instead of copper or bronze? Was technology of bronze alloys better?QuestionAlso energy wasted per kg bigger?

Edited by medenaywe - 04-Jun-2011 at 16:22
Janissary
Janissary

Quote archaiokapilos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2011 at 13:22
medenaywe I'm not denying the fact that ancient Egyptians were more ancient and even more sophisticated than Greeks but saying that Greece did not exist back in those days is wrong. They didn't call the country Greece or Hellas but Greeks and Hellenes were names allready in existance at least since the time of Homer and Hesiod. Can you present us the orininal source from where Greeks stole Illiad and Odyssey please?

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2011 at 16:40
Till my work is not published will argue my claims with this one:Rosetta Stone is trilingual.First script are
hieroglyphics,second demotic and third use signs similar as Greek today.Demotic was analyzed by me.This
script is syllables made.Inside every of 32 raws,Pharaoh and his people,were described as NaDeNaJ'VeMo.
Only ancient name that have reminded me as this above was Danayans from Iliad and Odyssey?I have expected everything except this one?Who did steel ancient history?When did this matrix program start, known as forgery of ancient history?Believe me,my only interest here is truth.I am searching for my roots.
Big smile

Edited by medenaywe - 04-Jun-2011 at 16:44
Janissary
Janissary

Quote archaiokapilos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2011 at 12:50
Well you need to show us an original ancient Egyptian document that has a similar theme with Oddysey and Illiad. You need to find an ancient Egyptian hero to whom Odysseus is based on and prove their connection with facts. Can you do that?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>