Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Have you ever written to the Queen?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pignite View Drop Down
  Quote Pignite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you ever written to the Queen?
    Posted: 10-May-2011 at 09:57
Have you ever written to the Queen?

I'm working on a new television programme for the BBC to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in 2012.

We are looking for people who ever wrote a letter to the Queen and got a response. 

We are just at the research stage at the moment so even if you don't want to be featured in the programme, it would be really good to talk to you if you have any information.

Thanks!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2011 at 10:14
New one?Big smileAre you count this?That's all my communications with Royal family!Anyway nice wedding, congratulations!
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29492&KW=&PID=646966#646966

Edited by medenaywe - 10-May-2011 at 14:24
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2011 at 20:14
No, but i did try writing to the pope back in Year 7. I got in big trouble when the teacher found out one of my questions was why he smelled funny She also didn't like the fact that i called him "Mr Pope"

Edited by Nick1986 - 10-May-2011 at 20:16
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
PADDYBOY View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Historum joker, suspended

Quote PADDYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2011 at 11:00
Wrote to Santa Clause, once, tho it didn't get me what I asked for......
I doubt if writing to the Queen would get me anywhere either. So, no point.... 
Pytheus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Pytheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2011 at 09:08
Nope, but I could write to the queen for the purposes of your show. But be prepared for the responce to be Frau Vinsor trying to persuade the housold cavalry to form a posse and hunt me down.
I might not agree with you, but I will defend to your death my right to have my opinion

History Planet Website
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2011 at 13:42
I sent them a condolance card when Freddy died.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code Load New Code
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.