Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turk and Turkic ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hadifclz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hadifclz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turk and Turkic ?
    Posted: 24-Apr-2011 at 23:45
What is Turkic ?

Kazakhs,Uzbeks,Uighurs,Turkmens,Azeris,Kyrgyz not Turks? They says " We are not Turks,we are Turkics"

Only Oghuz Turks says " We are Turks "
Turks and Turkics diffrent peoples?
Manaschi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Manaschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2011 at 09:18
"What is Turkic ? "
It's similar to Germanic. You don't hear Scandinavian people saying they're German.
"Kazakhs,Uzbeks,Uighurs,Turkmens,Azeris,Kyrgyz not Turks? They says " We are not Turks,we are Turkics"
For various reasons, most people associate "Turk" with Anatolian Ottomans. Uzbeks don't say we are Turkic, they say "we're Uzbeks". The same goes for all of them. However, out of all these, Kyrgyz and I think Uighurs were already known as separate states prior to Gokturk arrival.

"Only Oghuz Turks says " We are Turks "
Turks and Turkics diffrent peoples?"
I think all Turks are connected culturally and linguistically to some extent. Even among so called Turkics you will find different people, even among presumably mongoloid Kazakh and Kyrgyz you will find tons of differences in history, origin and genetics. But our differences don't matter, as long as we are able to restore the long forgotten Turkic spirit that's sleeping inside of every one of us!
Up the Irons, Turkic Brothers!!!

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2011 at 09:29
Manachi,have you ever been explored by you appearance of Turk name in ancient scripts?When did officially
state get name Turkey? 
Manaschi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Manaschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2011 at 09:42
medenaywe, if I got your question right.

"The first known mention of the term Turk applied to a Turkic group was in reference to the Göktürks in the 6th century." Wiki

"By September 18, 1922, the occupying armies were expelled, and the new Turkish state was established" - meaning Rep of Turkey. " Wiki
Turcomans - Seljuks - Ottoman(Osman) - Rep of Turkey

Almost 1500 years difference.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2011 at 09:52
Have noticed that first English people started to call you,Turks,in official documents!Balkans people are using lot of words similar with those in Turkish language!"BeSa" seems to be swear!(You give your word!)
benzin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote benzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2011 at 07:43
Türk in the form Turqoi was used by Byzantine Emperor Constantine in his work De Administrando Imperio for describing Hungarian tribes.
MediaWarLord View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2011 at 18:56
Turkic people in Central Asia are not proud of their Turkish 'brethren' in West Asia, to say the least...
kutbolsun View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote kutbolsun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2011 at 05:47
Originally posted by MediaWarLord

Turkic people in Central Asia are not proud of their Turkish 'brethren' in West Asia, to say the least...
I am Uighur ,from china and i am proud being Uighur and having so much similarities with all those turkic nations, such as Tatar, Turkish,Azeri,Ozbeck,Kazakh..etc.... and i know many Uighur people who proudly talk about those to others who are Non-turkic.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2013 at 14:24
Modern Terminology

Turk: Turkish People
Turkic: People of Turkey, Turkmenistan, Kazakestan.....

like Russian, Slavic

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2013 at 12:10
Originally posted by MediaWarLord

shame on you to say such
yomud are free people
Bilge Chanyu View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Bilge Chanyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2013 at 16:28

Oguz Turks or other Turks are not different. If they don't say that people of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan,  Azerbaijan or other lands are not Turk but Turkic, that proves how successful the propaganda of Russians is. German - Scandinavian example is not good one. That's like Austrians and Germans from Germany. Because we are speaking the same language.  We are sharing the same history. Today, in Turkey someones say that we are not Turk, we are Hethitian, Lydian, Greek or Armenian. Just bulls*it, right? Who cares what people think today. They can change their mind after 10 - 20 years with new generation.

They are trying to create a new nation. Of course they say "we are different."

20 years ago the President of Azerbaijan Ebulfez Elçibey was saying that we are same.

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2013 at 15:32
Originally posted by Bilge Chanyu

Oguz Turks or other Turks are not different.

Are you, your brother and your cousins same?  They have different side as well as common ones 

If they don't say that people of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan,  Azerbaijan or other lands are not Turk but Turkic, that proves how successful the propaganda of Russians is.

Don't tell me, you don't know Turkish propaganda about Central Asia. I don't see any difference. 

They are trying to create a new nation. Of course they say "we are different."

Of course, Turkey will say "we are same" because of his aim to increase his political-economical  hegemony.

20 years ago the President of Azerbaijan Ebulfez Elçibey was saying that we are same.

These are just nice gestures and not more then it.
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Bilge Chanyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2013 at 16:59

Originally posted by Ollios

Are you, your brother and your cousins same?  They have different side as well as common ones 

No, we are all different. I am the ugliest person in the family. But, we are family. That is the point. I mean, of course a Uzbek or a Balkan Turk are not same. But we are the member of same family.

Can you tell me, which propaganda of Turkey is non-historical? Btw, I have no idea about Turkey's propaganda. I just said what I read and saw in history books.

Linguistic and history prove that we are same. How do you classify Central Asian people? (Linguistically and historically)

Edited by Bilge Chanyu - 18-Oct-2013 at 17:18
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2013 at 23:20

No, we are all different. I am the ugliest person in the family.

Don't be to harsh to yourself

But, we are family. That is the point. I mean, of course a Uzbek or a Balkan Turk are not same. But we are the member of same family.

Linguistic and history prove that we are same. How do you classify Central Asian people? (Linguistically and historically)

I can understood linguistic roots, but historical??? East Roman culture was in many parts of Ottoman including music, archtecture so where is the common Roman heritage with Central Asian countries? Historical relationship was cut off many years ago(it was so limited before 1991) and now after 20 years we can just talk about Azeri and Turk cooperation. 

Do you think Uzbek songs are more popular then Greek songs in Turkey? I don't think so

Look at Turkey as just Central Asian, is like looking Central Asia without thinking Arab and Pers effects. I mean, it is missing

That's why Turk and Turkic definations are important for me

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Bilge Chanyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2013 at 05:51

You're right. But I didn't say that we are a nomad country or Turkey is a Central Asian country. I already accept that there is really big differences between Turkey and other Turkish or Turkic states. Political systems, law, economical systems and the other things. And they depend on Russia. In last years China increased her influence in Central Asia and now Kyrgyzstan is like a road for China that goes to Central Asian and Russian markets. They did it with economy. Because their political cultures and systems are not so different.

I mean, I accept all that things. But I would like to emphasize that a Tuvan or a Turkish are the members of the same family.

I accept all what you wrote in your last post. I can't ignore the Roman or Persian effect. But also we can't ignore the history, language, culture. It's not fanaticism to say that there are Turks there and we shared the same history, we speak the same language.

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2013 at 09:12

You're right. But I didn't say that we are a nomad country or Turkey is a Central Asian country. I already accept that there is really big differences between Turkey and other Turkish or Turkic states. Political systems, law, economical systems and the other things. And they depend on Russia. In last years China increased her influence in Central Asia and now Kyrgyzstan is like a road for China that goes to Central Asian and Russian markets. They did it with economy. Because their political cultures and systems are not so different.

I mean, I accept all that things. But I would like to emphasize that a Tuvan or a Turkish are the members of the same family.

I accept all what you wrote in your last post. I can't ignore the Roman or Persian effect. But also we can't ignore the history, language, culture. It's not fanaticism to say that there are Turks there and we shared the same history, we speak the same language.

fully agree  but i myself feel we people who call our self as turk are same :D no matter if we live in iran or azerbijan or turkey or turkmenistan  we are one nation with one history and language Thumbs Up
yomud are free people
 Post Reply Post Reply