Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Was there a genocide in 1915?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was there a genocide in 1915?
    Posted: 07-Jan-2012 at 17:16
This is what is found on genocides in the modern era, and what you will be able to note is that the Armenian Genocide is one of them. There also had been Turkish massacres of Armenians in 1894, 1895, 1896, and 1909.

List of modern genocides

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Genocide means trying to destroy a group which is or is similar to an ethnic group or a religious group by killing its members.

Some people do not agree that all of these events are genocides, but the events listed here are recognized as genocides by many people.

• http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_modern_genocides
  • What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
    aknc View Drop Down
    Chieftain
    Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 15:48

Originally posted by Justice

IF?There is no IF.The Armenian Genocide is a Prooven Fact and it has been accepted by the INSTITUTE OF GENOCIDE (ISG) and the INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATIONS OF GENOCIDE SCHOLARS (IAGS).
    Anything else will be ignored and not be taken seriously.
    As i said before Turkey is lucky that Armenia has been under the Soviet sphare of influence ,or else the Armenian Genocide would be recognised much sooner by the Western Nations.

By the way i personalise the attacks because that is how the Ultra Nationalistic clowns deserve to be treated for making depserate attempts to rewrite history about a commited Crime against HUMANITY.

yes,so we can easily say that every single country on earth has accepted it.And we are making an attack to humanity......OH WAIT!IT ISN'T ACCEPTED UNIVERSALLY!!!AND ONLY YOU ARE ACCUSNG US.................

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

aknc View Drop Down
    Chieftain
    Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 15:34
    yeah yeah,but don't forget the amazons,who raped and killed them?simple,the terrible turk of lust....
    "I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

iskenderani View Drop Down
    Baron
    Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 14:12

1915 ??? Only ???

did anyone heared  "Thank you"  from an ungrateful greek?

HISTORY
    The Destruction of Chios

In 1821, Greece began their revolution against the Ottoman Empire. After 400 years of slavery in their mother land, the Greeks took strength and fought for their independance. At this time Chios did not take any part. They were a peaceul people that had devoted their lives to the cultivation of MASTIC. This product was mostly sold to the Sultan and because of this the people were given more privilages than the rest of Greece and slavery was less difficult.

Regargless of these privilages, the people of Chio stood proud and rebelled against the Ottoman empire. In March of 1822, Likourgos Logothetis, of Samos, led his army of 2,500 men and conquered Turkeys garrison.

When the Sultan heard word of this he ordered his leading commander Kara-Ali and his fleet, to invade Chios and punish the people of Chios. Kara-Ali disembarked 7,000 soldiers and slaughtered many of the people of the island. Not only did the people of Chio suffer from the barbarian army of Kara-Ali but also beared brutal punishment from the Ottoman army that hit from Asia Minor.

In a short period of time catastrophe had hit the beautiful Agean island and the residents had either been slaughtered, but had been taken prisoners and later sold as slaves. The population of 100,000 Greeks, only 40,000 were able to flee to neighboring islands or mountains. The people that fled to the mountains soon after were forced to leave the island as well. By the end of August the population of Chios was down to 3,000 people.

The news of the barbarian slaughter reached the rest of Greece very quickly and to neighboring European countries. Only then did the nations around the world understand the importance and the justification of Greece's independance from the Ottoman empire.

Since the Greeks were not able to stop the destruction of the island of Chios by Kara-Ali, they decided to seek revenge against him. To lead the revengeful mission was brave Constandinos Kanaris, naval commander, from the island of Psara.

The enemy fleet, even after having destroyed the island of Chio, was still anchored in the islands port. Celebrations for the Muslim holidays had coincided with the destruction of Chios. The Ottoman commander and sailors had stayed on their vessel to begin the holiday celebrations.

On June 4th, 1882, Kanari along with another naval commander and his ship, Pipino, left from the island of Psara with their fire ships. Karani surrounded Kara-Ali's fleet and Pipino surrounded the lower fleet. After setting anchor and lighting fire to their ships, they deserted their ships and sailed to shore safely in small emergency boats.

The enemy ships noticed Pipino's fleet and were there on time to extinguish it. Although, Kanaris' fleet was in blazes and soon enough the enemy ships had caught fire and began to explode as fireworks in the sky. This victory took 1600 lives.

This encouraging victory gave strength to the Greeks for their independance and from here on all battles were fought with zeal and conviction for their freedom.

The destructions of Kasos and Psara.

By the beginning of 1824 the Ottomans had achieved virtually nothing in three years of warfare, and Sultan decided to change strategy. He asked the help of the powerful pasha of Egypt, Mehmet Ali. Mehmet Ali had imposed reforms which had transformed the country. His main innovation was the creation of modern army and navy. He achieved that by bringing in Egypt hundreds of French officers and experts who set up military schools and opened military factories. Therefore, Sultan Mahmut asked his ally to bring Egyptian forces to Peloponnese, crash the revolution, transfer all the christians in Egypt and colonize the Greek lands with musulmans from Africa. All the conquered lands where to stay under Mehmet's authority. The general who took charge of this attempt was the son of Mehmet, Ibrahim Pasha. Egyptians had already crushed the rebellion in Crete, and the next objective was the destruction of the island of Kasos, fifty miles north of Crete. The Kasian ships had been of great help for the Cretan revolutionaries, and Kasos was a strong naval force. On 27 May 1824, a huge egyptian naval force, under Ismael Givraltar, reached Kasos. Among the enemy forces, there were 4000 veteran Albanian soldiers and the general commander was Husein Bey. The Greek government was long ago informed for the military preparations of Egypt, by the Italian agent A. Giusti, but her only preoccupation, was to exterminate the political opponents, the rebels, as she used to call them. Kasos was left alone. After two days of fight, enemy forces landed to the island and greek forces were overran. Then started the massacre of the population. The orders were 'All the male over eight years old are to be slaughtered, and the women and children are to be sold'. Those events took place in Kasos, on May, while the greek fleet under Georgios Sahtouris, was sent by the governement on 21 June, just to observe the destruction.

The next step was the elimination of Psara. The Ottoman fleet of 80 ships, under admiral Hosref, reached Psara island on 20 June 1824. 14000 troops landed on the island and managed to defeat the small in number greek forces. It was said that the Macedon captain Kottas was bribed and had left his position. 150 Psarian fighters were surrounded in the castle of the city and when Turks entered in the castle, Antonios Vratsanos, set fire to the gunpowder and a huge explosion killed both defenders and invaders.
    The scenes that followed, one who knows the turkish practices can imagine. Turks were butchering indiscriminately all who came in their way. The streets were strewed with the dead bodies of old men, women and children. The French captain of Isis Vilneve, reported that the water around his ship was full of bodies of women and children. The population of Psara before the invasion was 7500 Psarians, 25000 refugees, who had arrived mainly of Minor Asia and 1000 Macedonian soldiers. Most of them were savagely massacred. Hosref kept the turkish custom to pay for every christian head that was carried to his ship. According to historian Spuridon Trikoupis when the English captain York, asked from the Turkish admiral to see a Greek archimandrite who had been friend of him, Hosref ordered a jenissar to bring the Greek prisoner. The jenissar brought a cut head, which was dripping with fresh blood. Hosref smiled and said: 'Here is your friend'. Some Psarian escaped with small boats and some were rescued by French warships.

Still waiting your "thank you"

Thank you....

Isk..

Edited by iskenderani
    Guests View Drop Down
      Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 12:05

I think  some of the Greeks are getting involved in this issue to condemm Turks but in doing so they disrespect the whole tragedy which took place in 1915. Unfurtunately the issue has been a political issue more than an ethical one. 

Also the Greeks should read a little more of their history and learn about their wrong doings , maybe it would hold them back from jumping into arguments which they dont know what they are talking about.  This is a serious issue between Turks and the Armenians, there is no need for Greek provocation or intrusion.

Peace!

Murtaza View Drop Down
    General
    General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 07:41

did anyone heared  "Thank you" from an ungrateful greek?

"Anything else will be ignored and not be taken seriously"

Anyone else will be ignored and not be taken seriously, If they say you are not a mad man.

Your hatred is too much. And It looks like you have no idea what is history and what is politics.

"how the Ultra Nationalistic" is your doing. You have no wish to discuss. Your aim is to provoke us and to belittle us.  We dont need you. I dont ever think armenians need you someone who protect their claims without proof and without enough intelligent.

Still waiting your "thank you"

Justice View Drop Down
    Knight
    Knight

Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 07:36

IF?There is no IF.The Armenian Genocide is a Prooven Fact and it has been accepted by the INSTITUTE OF GENOCIDE (ISG) and the INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATIONS OF GENOCIDE SCHOLARS (IAGS).
    Anything else will be ignored and not be taken seriously.
    As i said before Turkey is lucky that Armenia has been under the Soviet sphare of influence ,or else the Armenian Genocide would be recognised much sooner by the Western Nations.

By the way i personalise the attacks because that is how the Ultra Nationalistic clowns deserve to be treated for making depserate attempts to rewrite history about a commited Crime against HUMANITY.

Edited by Justice
    THEY WILL NOT PASS
    aknc View Drop Down
    Chieftain
    Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 07:26

Originally posted by Murtaza

The Armenian Genocide is not debatable and its a Proven FACT.Nor you or any other Nationalistic little Turks are going to rewrite the history because you are ashamed of your actions.I am curious why the moderators havent closed this topic already.

Justice infact there is not proven genocide, But we have  a proven fact of your war crimes in anatolia. It looks like you think, because you are greek you should support everything against Turkey(with or without knowledge).  Armenian genocide. Or terrorists.(Aptullah Ocalan)

So This is the way of all greeks or just you?

You know i am impressed how fast you Turks reply to us and parrot your propaganda ala turca.It is as if you are computer programs which are programmed to reply to us with the same pish over and over again.

If it wasn't the truth you woldn't be stuck like that every time.

aknc View Drop Down
    Chieftain
    Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 07:24

Originally posted by baracuda

problems with bones is they dont have labels on them telling that they are turk, armenian.. or some other persons..

likewise with pictures, I could take a WW2 pic with jews in it, with the right picture one could put on it a label.. "Jew Attrocities in germany.. poor germans.." , and with the right beliefs of people we might have a chance for a go at changing history of WW2..

Oh how convinient answer.
    The Armenian Genocide is not debatable and its a Proven FACT.Nor you or any other Nationalistic little Turks are going to rewrite the history because you are ashamed of your actions.I am curious why the moderators havent closed this topic already.

PS:By the way remove the Russian Flag, someone might actually believe that you are a Russian.

If the armenian genocide is a proven fact,why do you need to personalise your attacks to defend your claims?

aknc View Drop Down
    Chieftain
    Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 07:23

Mojet bit i mne navernika nado tebe posilat k cheortu.. kto znaet.. poka terpenie i zolotoy molchanie.. eshyo odin vse znayushiy aktivist grek chya zadnitsu bil potsilovan skolko raz chto ne mojet opredelit chto pravidniy i chto ne pravidniy..   

Was this a blatant attempt to convince me that you are actually a Russian?

no he is living in russia

aknc View Drop Down
    Chieftain
    Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 07:02

Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Originally posted by akyncy

I dont have any physical proof.

I meant me personally, i was being sarcastic. Historians have plenty of physical proof from bones piled up into wells to mass un-marked graves of Armenian women and children.

interesting,we have the same proof unless you accuse us for re dressing the bones

I apoligise for the misundeerstanding by the way

Murtaza View Drop Down
    General
    General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 04:58

make your job other post. I am not sure you have enough knowledge about this issue. You just love to attack us. Even you dont give any point for debate.

Do you realy think I will discuss about this the idiotic article? If It is a fact than there is nothing debate. So why are you waiting us to debate?

But I think This is a proof. How greece made war crimes in Anatolia, think about it.

I think you are ungrateful man. We mercied you but you still attack us.

You should learn humanity from Turks.It looks like 500 years is not enough  Another 500 year?

Edited by Murtaza
    Justice View Drop Down
    Knight
    Knight

Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 04:54
    Oh and i forgot to add Algerians.
    THEY WILL NOT PASS
    Justice View Drop Down
    Knight
    Knight

Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 04:53

ARTICLE 59.

Greece recognises her obligation to make reparation for the damage caused in Anatolia by the acts of the Greek army or administration which were contrary to the laws of war.

On the other hand, Turkey, in consideration of the financial situation of Greece resulting from the prolongation of the war and from its consequences, finally renounces all claims for reparation against the Greek Government

It looks like you were the people who make crime, and we had much mercy of your pathatic position. I think you should nicely say us "Thank you".

Hmm....the usual cunning Turkish attempts to change the topic when their Nationalistic Myths are in trouble.They start to talk about Macedonians,Slavs,Bosnians,Native Americans,France,Switzerland,wars conducted 10 years ago and any other crap to desperately change the topic.

THEY WILL NOT PASS
    Murtaza View Drop Down
    General
    General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 04:47

ARTICLE 59.

Greece recognises her obligation to make reparation for the damage caused in Anatolia by the acts of the Greek army or administration which were contrary to the laws of war.

On the other hand, Turkey, in consideration of the financial situation of Greece resulting from the prolongation of the war and from its consequences, finally renounces all claims for reparation against the Greek Government

It looks like you were the people who make crime, and we had much mercy of your pathatic position. I think you should nicely say us "Thank you".

Justice View Drop Down
    Knight
    Knight

Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 04:43

Justice infact there is not proven genocide, But we have  a proven fact of your war crimes in anatolia. It looks like you think, because you are greek you should support everything against Turkey(with or without knowledge).  Armenian genocide. Or terrorists.(Aptullah Ocalan)

You know i am impressed how fast you Turks reply to us and parrot your propaganda ala turca.It is as if you are computer programs which are programmed to reply to us with the same pish over and over again.
    THEY WILL NOT PASS
    Justice View Drop Down
    Knight
    Knight

Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 04:39

Mojet bit i mne navernika nado tebe posilat k cheortu.. kto znaet.. poka terpenie i zolotoy molchanie.. eshyo odin vse znayushiy aktivist grek chya zadnitsu bil potsilovan skolko raz chto ne mojet opredelit chto pravidniy i chto ne pravidniy..   

Was this a blatant attempt to convince me that you are actually a Russian?
    THEY WILL NOT PASS
    Murtaza View Drop Down
    General
    General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 04:36

baracuda View Drop Down
    Colonel
    Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 04:35

Edited by baracuda
    Justice View Drop Down
    Knight
    Knight

Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 04:30

problems with bones is they dont have labels on them telling that they are turk, armenian.. or some other persons..

likewise with pictures, I could take a WW2 pic with jews in it, with the right picture one could put on it a label.. "Jew Attrocities in germany.. poor germans.." , and with the right beliefs of people we might have a chance for a go at changing history of WW2..

Oh how convinient answer.

PS:By the way remove the Russian Flag, someone might actually believe that you are a Russian.
    THEY WILL NOT PASS
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>