Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sad news

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad news
    Posted: 19-Apr-2011 at 08:29

This morning Emma died in her sleep. She had been unwell all week from an ear infection and vomiting. Yesterday she stopped eating. When we found her lying by the door she was still warm. My best friend will be very badly missed
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2011 at 09:08
It's tough when you lose your best friend.  I have had 5 over the years, and I still miss every one of them. My best to you.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Clemmie View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Clemmie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2011 at 09:31
Sorry for your loss.  They are family and you will always miss them.  Cry
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2011 at 12:29
Sorry to hear that. 
Tiger of Kai View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Tiger of Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2011 at 13:04
Damn that sucks! Sorry to hear that, Nick.
Pellaeon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Pellaeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2011 at 15:10
I'm sorry ): I remember when my dog passed away )':
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2011 at 16:48
My deepest sympathies Nick...she was a beauty and she will always be one.

CV
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Michael Collins View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian
Historum joker, suspended

Quote Michael Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2011 at 09:55
My Sympathies, a chara.
Is í labhairt a dteanga an moladh is mó is féidir linn a thabhairt dár namhaid.
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2011 at 09:56
It is nice to find something we share in common.  A love of our dogs, and a sadness when they pass.  I really don't know how I will manage when mine passes, and hopefully that is still long away.  He motivates me to walk every morning and evening.  I am sure that makes him responsible for my good health, because I wouldn't be walking in all kinds of weather, if he were not so good, I didn't want so much to please him.  I really don't believe I will find another dog like him.    
robbielynne View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote robbielynne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2011 at 19:53
Sorry to hear of your loss Nick..It has been a year since my baby passed away at the age of 14 yrs. and I still miss him terriblyCry
Salah ad-Din View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Salah ad-Din Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2011 at 10:33
You have my condolences Nick.
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2011 at 10:59
People's pets quickly become so much more than just pets. 
Hope you feel better and enjoy happier days.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2011 at 21:58
I wish I could have responded earlier, but past events prevented me from doing so.

One of the great loves of my life was my long haired female Weiner Dog (dachshund), which I was ordered to call by name "Chelsea"! I later learned that she was named such by some old group who made a song called something like "It was a Chelsea morning", or something similar.

I belive she came from a Joni Mitchell concert held in Dallas, TX, whilst I lived there, in 1971/72? Or perhaps somewhere else?

Chelsea was most everthing to me! Tears!

Edited by opuslola - 03-May-2011 at 22:04
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2011 at 13:10
Wow, I apologize for not responding sooner, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I really don't know what I'd do if my Titan died  Cry You've had her a long time, so obviously she was more than just a dog to you. Just be happy you gave her the best life she could have.
"Prayer is when you talk to God. Insanity is when you talk to God and he answers back."
okamido View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended, tit for tat

Quote okamido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2011 at 15:17
Sorry about you dog, Nick. She looked like a good pooch.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2011 at 05:02
The picture said it all for me, Nick, you have my condolences for your loss.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
PADDYBOY View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Historum joker, suspended

Quote PADDYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2011 at 10:54
Sorry to hear about your loss, Nick.
I've had dogs all my life and have outlived quite a few of them now. They don't get a long enough innings, imo.
It never gets any easier, sadly.  
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2011 at 19:44
Nick that is very sad to hear. Emma looks like a great dog but I know it is not easy losing a pet. I once had eleven desert tortoises, as a kid, and saw them die one by one. I have also lost several dogs as well.

Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2011 at 20:48
I am surprised that you out lived these big boys and girls. I thought that their lifespan was in the period of 50-70 years?

But, what do I know? I also have a certain number of terripans who migrate thru my yard every year. One, I beleive has visited me for the last 30 or so years, but I never marked them in any way so I cannnot be sure.

Re, the loss of dogs and cats, I have literally run out of places to bury them. Therefor, when my last two die, that will be it.

Edited by opuslola - 11-May-2011 at 20:49
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply