Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Islamophobia: the new antisemitism?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamophobia: the new antisemitism?
    Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 08:31

Since 9/11 anti- Muslim racism is becoming increasingly common in European and American society. All you have to do is listen to the man in the street complaining that those "Muslims" (disregarding immigrants from other backgrounds) get better treatment than native-born Brits. Others view Islam as a backward, cruel religion (forgetting about its scientific advancements that brought Europe out of the Middle Ages) and believe Muslims are part of a global conspiracy to violently destroy civilisation (sound familiar)?

Extremists assault or threaten Muslim families, desecrate mosques and even burn their books, while even moderates support Israeli atrocities in Palestine (believing the Palestinians somehow deserve it because of a few terrorists firing rockets). Many Americans believe their own president is a Muslim because of his race. Even if he was, why would it be a bad thing?

Why is this bigotry so widespread and how can this disturbing trend be stopped?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 08:35
Stupid thing double posted. Would it be possible to delete the duplicate?
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 09:05
You definitely have a point there. I live in a rather conservative Muslim society here in Bahrain, and although I'm not religious myself, I can tell you that Muslims are nice people mostly. Even my most devout of Muslims friends have nothing against the West. The West is often praised here and is a model for us. In most Muslim countries women are not oppressed, do not have to wear the veil and have the right to vote. Several Islamic nations even had women leaders, like Pakistan and Bangladesh.

The silliest example yet of this stereotyping is the Ground Zero Mosque controversy. Imam Rauf, who wanted to build the community center (not mosque) near Ground Zero is a Sufi Muslim. Sufis are not considered true Muslims by many other Muslims, including Al-Qaeda, and are persecuted in several countries. And nevermind the hundreds of innocent Muslims killed in the 9/11 attacks. It demonstrates how some Westerners are unable to distinguish between moderate and extremist Muslims.

Many Muslims in America immigrated because of persecution in their home countries. Bosnians and Albanians, for example. Where are these people to go if they can't practice their religion in the freest of nations?
Van_Möck View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Van_Möck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 09:29
Apart from how the muslim faith is mentioned pretty much only in relation to terrorism and war here in the west, it also gets a really bad name from how some immigrants behave. And of course the negative examples are always remembered for longer than those people who don't stir up trouble.

The comparison to antisemitism is ridiculous though.

Maybe you have heard how Angela Merkel officially said that multiculturalism was an experiment that failed, and that pretty much fits the mindset of a lot of people in Germany, with the "multi" cultures mostly muslim ones.

But what could be done against it? A certain German politician suggested that the media should be politically controlled to present only good sides of Islam. As you might suspect she was muslim herself, of turkish descent I think, and this politically correct suggestion that just accidently would set the freedom of press back about 190 years did not earn her a lot of approval.
Its basically the fear of losing freedom that brings a lot of people to react hostile to it. And a while ago there was a great debate about the statements of a certain politician named Thilo Sarrazin, who was one of the first to openly critizised the muslim immigrants and eventually had to resign. Together with its aggressive image and the "creeping immigration and islamization" it makes quite a good concept for an enemy.

Unfortunately the more liberal cultures like for example the scandinavian ones appear to have coped even worse than the less open ones like Switzerland (at least in immigration policies in this case, just remember the minaret ban) so a lot of people feel that this seemingly aggressive culture will use any sign of weakness or cooperation for its own advantage.
This is also supported by the many statistics that are used as proof for how muslim immigrants abuse social welfare, which has already become a stereotype.

I started a thread about the situation in Scandinavia some time ago, you will find many reasons people have to react hostile to Islam there as well:
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28432
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 09:56
Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of these Muslims who commit crimes are from impoverished or war-torn nations, like Somalia and Yemen, right? So it may have more to do with the environment they were brought up in. I don't think an immigrant from, say, the UAE would be as predisposed to commiting a crime than someone from Somalia.
Van_Möck View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Van_Möck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 10:58
You are absolutely right, indeed.
Some of them are rather conservative as well though, for example descendants from turkish immigrants who came in the years after the war. Since there were so many they didn't really get integrated at all but gathered in certain parts of major cities. Some of them are said to suffer an actual culture shock when visiting their "homeland", because they still have the impression it were the same as when they left it fourty or even sixty years ago.
And from them a large part of the lowest classes of society is formed. As I just recently read, most of their problems are indeed just typical lower-class problems. But with them the additional problem is that they have an own code of ethics and just perceive the host nation as alien and morally corrupt.
They dont identify at all with it, just take what one muslim prayer leader in Denmark said for example... he said that the muslim immigrants would be stupid to work, as they get enough money from social welfare, and should see that money as a tribute that has to be paid to them by the other people of the holy book.

The same applies to Germany, where there are schools with turkish lower class majorities. Just yesterday I saw a small advertisement for a documentary titled "three against Sarrazin", which basically showed the lives of the immigrants/descendants of immigrants, who had successfully integrated. I would love to send you a link, but its in German..
Anyway, despite this documentaries attempt to clearly show how Sarrazin was wrong with his negative statements about how many immigrants didn't wish to integrate it was full of side notes that just proof exactly what he said.

For example one of the three had come to get a good degree, saying that he broke contacts with all his turkish friends of elementary school to study with greater interest and become member of the German society. But listening to what he said: He said of himself than he had never been in trouble with the police. Unlike his former turkish friends, who all had been convicted for something, and of whom nobody had a job, all of them living of social welfare.

That is one side of the problem.
The other is something that is evident in what you wrote yourself, concerning the people from Somalia. Anyone would agree that they are more likely to slip into crime, but beware saying that in an official context in the western world! You would be tagged a xenophobe racist right away! You would have to explain just why someone who just happens to be Somalian would be more likely to be ethically corrupt!
And thats another part of the problem, an inconsistency that just lies deep in the western society. Trying to be as politically correct as possible you just have to take many conflicting positions at the same time. You must not openly criticize the muslim community, just look at what happened to Sarrazin again, who had to resign.
It gets more extreme the higher the nations claim on having a liberal view is.
You often read that in scandinavia the nationality or background of people committing crimes is kept secret or at least not spoken about by the media. The same applies for the rape rates and the far higher number of immigrant perpetrators in comparison to the native ones, which is a downright shame to anyone living in the western world.

So you are not really allowed to speak about the problem either, and thats especially evident in Germany as well, otherwise you will actually have people coming along and comparing it to antisemitism (which i should have made clear I disagree about by now), so that you are just shoved into the far right political corner where you lose any credibility.

This way the entire conflict is really a thorn in the flesh of western culture that must not be spoken about but can not be tolerated either, and this creates a lot of secret hate.

Now to me personally: I don't really agree with what Sarrazin said, he actually was very inaccurate with his theories and even started arguing in genetics which is rather messed up in a way...
And please understand I dont count you, Arab, into the group of people I am talking about. I just try to explain why the animosity has come to be so strong in the first place among many people.
I myself agree though that the current situation is not what it should be, and especially in Scandinavia there are a lot of things that have to be changed.
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 11:39
Yes, I see your point. I think it's understandable that some people would feel this way, expecially if it's supported by statistics. Perhaps the authorities should review the history of the individuals coming from less privileged nations, or analyze them psychiatrically, to see if they are predisposed to breaking the law, or something similar. This may not be possible but they shouldn't just outright ban all Muslims from coming in, that would be an unfair to the majority of law-abiding Muslims.

Edited by Arab - 07-Apr-2011 at 17:33
"Prayer is when you talk to God. Insanity is when you talk to God and he answers back."
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 13:49
The anti-European aggressive struggle of Islamism and Islamist secret societies (modern terrorists are just part of the whole) in particular is well-known fact and historic truth. It is enough to open any historic text-book to read about countless military ivansions, conspiracies and pressure against Europe from the Islamist supremacists. The fact is clear. This struggle was never stopped and will never stop until complete victory of one and the total loss of the other. Today- 05 april 2011 the ex-communist leader of Poland- Wojciech Jaruzelski say something, that wasn`t secret about everybody upon time-

"With under a month to go before the beatification of the late Pope John Paul II in Rome on 1 May, former communist leader General Wojciech Jaruzelski has claimed that “radical Islam” could have been behind the attempt to assassinate the Polish Pope thirty years ago.

“Radical Islam detested the Pope and saw in him a leader of crusades,” the 87 year-old Jaruzelski has told the Jezus Catholic magazine.

Rejecting the long-standing theory of Soviet, or Bulgarian communist involvement in the assassination attempt, Jaruzelski said that, “the Islamic trail would seem the most logical.”

The Pope was shot as he was driven through a packed St Peter's Square on 13 May 1981. Four bullets hit the pontiff, but he survived thanks to emergency surgery.

The would-be assassin was Mehmet Ali Agca, a trained sniper of Turkish background.

Three Bulgarians, including airline representative Sergei Antonov, were tried alongside Agca, after the latter claimed that he was acting on behalf of the Soviet satellite.

Although Agca was sentenced, the case against the Bulgarians fell apart owing to lack of evidence.

Jaruzelski claims the court was correct to drop the charges.

“During a visit to Bulgaria in 1982 or 1983, I candidly asked Todor Zhivkov, then Secretary of the Communist Party: 'Comrade Todor, what can you tell me in confidence about the Bulgarian trail?' He answered: 'Comrade Jaruzelski, do you take us for a mass of fools? Do you think that we would leave Antonov in his place if he was really involved in an attack?”

Jaruzelski continued that “there were various countries and various forces that wanted the Pope to be eliminated, but it does not mean that they gave Ali Agca the order to kill him.”

In the general's opinion, “radical Islam detested the Pope, and saw in him a leader of crusades.

“It might not be a coincidence that Ali Agca is a Turkish national, and that he had already threatened to kill John Paul II during his visit to Turkey in November 1979.”

It was suggested that Jaruzelski would attend the beatification ceremony on May 1 at the Vatican – which some former Solidarity-era activists considered outrageous. He announced that because of his bad health he would not be able to attend, however.
Two weeks ago it was announced that Jaruzelski has cancer."

Ali Agca is a member of Pan-Turkist and Pan-Islamist terrorist organization of "Grey Wolves". This secret organization play very important role in political life of modern Turkey and many high army officers and politics are in the leadership. No wonder that only a few mounths after the transfer of Agca from Italian prison, he was released by Turkish State. Now he is a national hero in Turkey.

Edited by Kanas_Krumesis - 05-Apr-2011 at 13:51
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 16:59
Originally posted by Nick1986

Since 9/11 anti- Muslim racism is becoming increasingly common in European and American society. All you have to do is listen to the man in the street complaining that those "Muslims" (disregarding immigrants from other backgrounds) get better treatment than native-born Brits. Others view Islam as a backward, cruel religion (forgetting about its scientific advancements that brought Europe out of the Middle Ages) and believe Muslims are part of a global conspiracy to violently destroy civilisation (sound familiar)?
Extremists assault or threaten Muslim families, desecrate mosques and even burn their books, while even moderates support Israeli atrocities in Palestine (believing the Palestinians somehow deserve it because of a few terrorists firing rockets). Many Americans believe their own president is a Muslim because of his race. Even if he was, why would it be a bad thing?

Why is this bigotry so widespread and how can this disturbing trend be stopped?

I think you need to bring up more evidence than a few blanket statements my friend. Also, Islam is a religion and it is made up of many racial groups so that point is mute.
Look at the fate of the Palestinian Christians, the Coptic Christians, the Christians in Iraq and Christians in other Islamic countries.

Since 9/11 anti- Muslim racism is becoming increasingly common in European and American society

This has been debunked over and over again by Robert Spencer and Gellar. & others
The American Islamic Forum for Democracy also debunks this and they are Muslims, who happen to oppose Sharia law - also Muslims against Sharia law. www.muslimsagainstsharialaw.com
Most American are not anti Muslim but we are against any type of Islamic supremacism, which is quite evident in current events and history.
Anyone religion is welcomed as long as they believe in equality and plurality but certain Islamic groups do not. I am glad such radicals are a minority of Muslims at least in the USA.
I do know that parts of certain European cities have become no go zones for non-Muslims- Parts of London, Paris, Malmo,Sweden and now even Athens is getting that way. It is even dangerous for the police to enter these areas without backup.
You are welcome to your opinion though but curious are you a liberal or a Muslim?

Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 18:21
For Some reason my relocate post function didn't do what was intended.....ntl following your initial op Eagle Cap replyed with this. My apologies for the dsyfunctional appearance.

His original is below yours listed on the board. I will leave that for now.

=================================================

'' I think you need to bring up more evidence than a few blanket statements my friend. Also, Islam is a religion and it is made up of many racial groups so that point is mute.
Look at the fate of the Palestinian Christians, the Coptic Christians, the Christians in Iraq and Christians in other Islamic countries.

Since 9/11 anti- Muslim racism is becoming increasingly common in European and American society

This has been debunked over and over again by Robert Spencer and Gellar. & others
The American Islamic Forum for Democracy also debunks this and they are Muslims, who happen to oppose Sharia law - also Muslims against Sharia law. www.muslimsagainstsharialaw.com
Most American are not anti Muslim but we are against any type of Islamic supremacism, which is quite evident in current events and history.
Anyone religion is welcomed as long as they believe in equality and plurality but certain Islamic groups do not. I am glad such radicals are a minority of Muslims at least in the USA.
I do know that parts of certain European cities have become no go zones for non-Muslims- Parts of London, Paris, Malmo,Sweden and now even Athens is getting that way. It is even dangerous for the police to enter these areas without backup.
You are welcome to your opinion though but curious are you a liberal or a Muslim?''

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 05-Apr-2011 at 18:26
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 19:03
My religious and political beliefs are none of his business and completely irrelevant to the topic. I don't understand how anyone could deny that anti-Muslim prejudice is becoming increasingly widespread. The newspapers are always publishing reports of "Muslim extremists" protesting against one thing or another (including returning troops), grafitti on mosques, and outlandish stories of immigrants eating swans or sacrificing children. The distrust of assimilated Muslims towards unassimilated Muslims is comparable to European Jews' dislike of Slavic Jews before the war: they blamed them for their own persecution by the Nazis and accused them of being communists due to their poverty.
American views of "equality and plurality" seem to exclude more recent immigrants: in the 19th century Blacks, Irish, Germans and Chinese were discriminated against, followed by Italians, Mexicans and now Muslims in modern times. Why is it seen as bad for Muslims to celebrate their culture? Multiculturalism works both ways: on the one hand immigrants adopt elements of their host country's culture but on the other they preserve a lot of their own traditions and introduce something new to our melting-pot which natives gradually adopt (such as a new festival, exotic food or clothing). New York's black and Jewish communities also keep to themselves, but nobody dares to discuss this out of fear of being branded racist.
The final part of Eagle's argument is wrong: the French ghettos full of poor North African immigrants are no worse than the London council estates. Social class and family connections, not religion or race, determine who can safely enter the ghetto. It was the same 100 years ago in parts of the East End: criminals were safe here as they could shelter in the houses of friends and relatives who had a longstanding mistrust of the authorities. These places are dangerous areas not because of "Muslims" but because there are a lot of angry young men living close together and forming gangs for their own protection

Edited by Nick1986 - 05-Apr-2011 at 19:06
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 21:40
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

For Some reason my relocate post function didn't do what was intended.....ntl following your initial op Eagle Cap replyed with this. My apologies for the dsyfunctional appearance.

His original is below yours listed on the board. I will leave that for now.

=================================================

'' I think you need to bring up more evidence than a few blanket statements my friend. Also, Islam is a religion and it is made up of many racial groups so that point is mute.

You are welcome to your opinion though but curious are you a liberal or a Muslim?''

Sharia law is not the problem. It is a system that has been proved to work a long time ago. Yet, it is only to be applied is Muslim countries and definitely not in Europe or America. Correct me if I am wrong but since when were there any attempt by muslims to 'seize control' of a western country?
Timidi mater non flet
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 22:43
"Since 9/11 anti- Muslim racism is becoming increasingly common in European and American society

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - Yesterday at 20:26"

I would consider your post above a bunch of "snot!"

If you were to condider that if any American (North or South) ever took umbrage over the acts of the "Religious Police" of Arabia (I.E. Saudi Arabia) ever confiscated the "religious books" of "Christians" or "Jews" found during the Customs search of baggage coming into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and then being burned as an outrage, then American Christians and Jews, would be planting bombs within and amongst all of the followers of Islam that now exist withing the USA, and Europe!

So, just where are these "OUTRAGES?"

It is so easy for me to now "rest my case!"

For just what group can we pick from those called "Outrageous?"

Christians and Jews can be immediately removed!

So, just what group is guilty of "Crimes Against Humannity?"

Yes, the above is a pure one or anther answer!

Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2011 at 13:51
I think It's clear that exploding bombs amongst civilians, worldwide, is a good way to breed distrust. Of course that's unfortunate for the innocent among the bomb exploders, and very unfortunate for the blown up. 
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2011 at 14:07
Uncle,those bombs have killed more Muslim people during those suicidal attacks!Using ignorance and poverty of Muslims to feed their religious feelings, people  can do  everything!Public schools and investments
that open jobs in those countries will be fastest way for violence prevention  and lifes saving!
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2011 at 14:11
Originally posted by opuslola

"Since 9/11 anti- Muslim racism is becoming increasingly common in European and American society

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - Yesterday at 20:26"

I would consider your post above a bunch of "snot!"

If you were to condider that if any American (North or South) ever took umbrage over the acts of the "Religious Police" of Arabia (I.E. Saudi Arabia) ever confiscated the "religious books" of "Christians" or "Jews" found during the Customs search of baggage coming into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and then being burned as an outrage, then American Christians and Jews, would be planting bombs within and amongst all of the followers of Islam that now exist withing the USA, and Europe!

So, just where are these "OUTRAGES?"

It is so easy for me to now "rest my case!"

For just what group can we pick from those called "Outrageous?"

Christians and Jews can be immediately removed!

So, just what group is guilty of "Crimes Against Humannity?"

Yes, the above is a pure one or anther answer!

Ron

Saudi Arabia is a country with a state religion. The U.S. is not. It was founded on the ideals of religious freedom and tolerance. The old "Saudi Arabia don't allow churches in their country so why should we allow mosques" argument is not a good one.
"Prayer is when you talk to God. Insanity is when you talk to God and he answers back."
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2011 at 14:29
Looks like we don't agree my English friend.
Playing the victim card when in fact their own persecution of Christians and Jews is far, far, far greater than anything you will find in Europe or America. I can start listing them if you want like from sources like persecution.org. Looking at currents events it is no wonder many Europeans and Americans distrust certain Muslim groups. They need to clean out their own closet first and yes your political and religious beliefs are not my business but it helps me understand more where you are coming from but that is fine. America is my country and a sovereign nation and it is our right to allow whoever we want to enter but anyone who loves America is welcome, Muslim & non-Muslim alike. In the words of Michael Savage we have the right to protect our; borders, language and culture. If they want to assimilate and become Americans then I welcome those Muslims, we also welcome their conttributions. America has had it problems in prejudice but we have come a long way but we are still imperfect but still much better than 40 years ago. Muslims are treated no different than anyone else here and yes you get a few prejudice people but most Americans are very tolerant of them. Black also have their own share of prejudice but once again you play the victim card for them. Most Americans are tolerant and race is not as big of a issue but can we change more –yes.
We still have a few intolerant people on, from all races, but they are a minority.

The final part of Eagle's argument is wrong: the French ghettos full of poor North African immigrants are no worse than the London council estates. Social class and family connections, not religion or race, determine who can safely enter the ghetto. It was the same 100 years ago in parts of the East End: criminals were safe here as they could shelter in the houses of friends and relatives who had a longstanding mistrust of the authorities. These places are dangerous areas not because of "Muslims" but because there are a lot of angry young men living close together and forming gangs for their own protection[/QUOTE]

I will try and find the time to demonstrate that it is about radical Islam and sharia law. Not all Muslims, of course, support that but I have read enough sources that point to the fact that it is religious in nature. How many are in France illegally?

I have Muslim friends in Turkiye and their religion is not a factor to me because they are not in the least extreme.

is this tolerance my friend?

Saudi Arabia: Eritrean Christian facing death penalty for sharing his faith with Muslims

Pakistan: Misunderstanders of Islam tell Christian "convert or die"

Bangladesh: Dozens injured as Misunderstanders of Islam protest against women's rights

Nigeria: Muslim mob storms three Christian villages, murders at least two people over alleged Qur'an desecration

Here is a good video from a Muslim group in America- a group I respect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpRgqDMrD4M

The American Islamic Forum for Democracy
http://www.aifdemocracy.org/

another great group of Muslims:
http://muslimsagainstsharia.blogspot.com/

Edited by eaglecap - 06-Apr-2011 at 14:37
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2011 at 14:49
Originally posted by Arab

Originally posted by opuslola

"Since 9/11 anti- Muslim racism is becoming increasingly common in European and American society This has been debunked over and over again by Robert Spencer and Gellar. & others The American Islamic Forum for Democracy also debunks this and they are Muslims, who happen to oppose Sharia law - also Muslims against Sharia law. www.muslimsagainstsharialaw.com Most American are not anti Muslim but we are against any type of Islamic supremacism, which is quite evident in current events and history. Anyone religion is welcomed as long as they believe in equality and plurality but certain Islamic groups do not. I am glad such radicals are a minority of Muslims at least in the USA. I do know that parts of certain European cities have become no go zones for non-Muslims- Parts of London, Paris, Malmo,Sweden and now even Athens is getting that way. It is even dangerous for the police to enter these areas without backup. You are welcome to your opinion though but curious are you a liberal or a Muslim?'' Edited by Centrix Vigilis - Yesterday at 20:26" I would consider your post above a bunch of "snot!" If you were to condider that if any American (North or South) ever took umbrage over the acts of the "Religious Police" of Arabia (I.E. Saudi Arabia) ever confiscated the "religious books" of "Christians" or "Jews" found during the Customs search of baggage coming into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and then being burned as an outrage, then American Christians and Jews, would be planting bombs within and amongst all of the followers of Islam that now exist withing the USA, and Europe! So, just where are these "OUTRAGES?" It is so easy for me to now "rest my case!" For just what group can we pick from those called "Outrageous?" Christians and Jews can be immediately removed! So, just what group is guilty of "Crimes Against Humannity?" Yes, the above is a pure one or anther answer! Ron

Saudi Arabia is a country with a state religion. The U.S. is not. It was founded on the ideals of religious freedom and tolerance. The old "Saudi Arabia don't allow churches in their country so why should we allow mosques" argument is not a good one.

The Christians & Jews were kicked out of the land of the Prophet long ago but I agree based on our founding principles they are welcome here. I know some are radicalized and preach the replacement of our constitution with Sharia Law. One American reporter, who speaks fluent Arabic, witnessed this in several Mosques. How many support this - I don't know but hopefully most do not. It is these very founding principles that make us great and we are not Saudi Arabia so yes I have no problems with the building of Mosques in the USA.

Edited by eaglecap - 06-Apr-2011 at 14:52
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2011 at 16:14
Originally posted by medenaywe

Uncle,those bombs have killed more Muslim people during those suicidal attacks!Using ignorance and poverty of Muslims to feed their religious feelings, people  can do  everything!Public schools and investments
that open jobs in those countries will be fastest way for violence prevention  and lifes saving!
Yes I agree, especially in Pakistan the last few years. 
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2011 at 17:20
I don't know what you guys think, this is a quite dead end topic. Let's talk about something like the fear that the European race is going to be extinct in the next few decades due to immigration. Is that a legitimate fear or is just some extremist right fear mongering? Frankly I see that the logistics are there since Europeans rarely have more than two children whilst African/Asian/Arabs usually have at least 4 or more. Tell me what you think
Timidi mater non flet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>