Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGertrude Bell, the biggest foe of the Kurds.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MediaWarLord View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gertrude Bell, the biggest foe of the Kurds.
    Posted: 09-Feb-2011 at 22:38
As a Kurd, she EDIT is the reason why I don't like the British imperialists. And many Kurds with me. Because of her Churchill gave an order to use the poison gas on Kurds in South Kurdistan, because they couldn't defeat and conquer the Kurds. 

She and the Brits are the curse of the Kurds. Bell helped to establish Iraq. She gave an advice to the lawmakers (and Churchill) to ignore the Kurds. She (and the English people) is Frankenstein who created a monster, known as a country called Iraq with the 3 different (ethnic) groups. Because of her there is a big mess in the Middle East. If you ignore the Kurds and Kurdish right for self-determination in every part of Kurdistan, there will never be peace...

As we know, 100 years later, she was WRONG! We will never forget that!

Edited for profanity

Edited by red clay - 23-Nov-2011 at 15:58
Bill Cobbett View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2011 at 05:52
Evidence please.
On three points: 1) It was because of GB.
2) WC gave the order.
3) Gas was used.*

To curse present day brits for something that happened 90 years ago is as empty-headed as cursing the romans, the vikings or any other historical invader.

Twenty/Thirty years ago; there was footage on british television of hundreds of kurds fleeing barefoot through the snow trying to escape from a more recent oppression.
There were many collections around the country and many bags of warm winter clothing were sent out to help them. [I remember this well; I sent lots].
As a result there are many brits today who retain a sympathy and affection for the kurds and their plight.
Keep your curses for those that deserve them; the past is as another country; it wasn't the fault of those that live here now; we weren't there.
Bill.

*Wiki suggests otherwise.
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2011 at 06:18
oh and you seem to be assuming that there would have been peace between the three ethnic groups involved if Iraq had not been created.
Do you really think that a tripartite 'notIraq' would have been a garden of roses? Hmm? All going round to see each other on a sunday night, chats about the weather over the garden fence and jars of pickle on the doorstep?
Or would one of them have become dominant and blown the others to f...?*

Oh and if Iraq was created anyway; but without GB's input: would that have been a better or a worse country than the one we have?

Come on, I gotta go and cut some trees down, there is too much stupid in your post to deal with all at one time.
Bill.

* faluja is it? how do you spell faluja?Wink
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2011 at 13:43
What is the relevance of the video?

100 years! LET IT GO!
 Post Reply Post Reply