Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turks in the balkans???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
OSMANLI2011 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote OSMANLI2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turks in the balkans???
    Posted: 06-Feb-2011 at 03:06
Hi
me my self are from the former republic of macedonia, and my elders, im tolded that our ancestors are turkic, and it always has been me a big question which part of the worldmap did the turkic tribes came to the balkans?

Nadi
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2011 at 03:31
read this first and think about!Migrations are eternal,have nor start point neither end one.
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24256
and make your personal search about this.Origin of name Turk is very suspicious and speculative in same time.Different terminology for same object,a bird common around the Mediterranean areas.We have at least one more country that have derivation of same name. 
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote OSMANLI2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2011 at 04:37
I wrote wrongly.. i ment instead Macedonia, former republic of yugoslavia..
now after reading the article you sent, that you mean afterall are not turkish, epirus are linked with the albanian and teh greeks.

One of our elders say that we our ancestors are so called " pomak" turks, but where did they came from, why did they came in the balkans?
surely we speak turkish at home but we have a lot of common words used in the slavic language, and  no one can explain it can be.

Nadi
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2011 at 06:52
What did If they were there?Are you with Islam confession also?I believe people share same past,but history was written to separate them.Religions also.I know what are pomaks.Also Torbesh or Gorans.
 Once we shared same language and practice same religion i believe.My personal approach is:Stand in front of the mirror.Look the features of your face.You can find mongol,persian,"Egiptian" influence even there.
During the Rome hate was basic tool that divides same people against themselves.It works until today.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2011 at 08:09
Who did became minority all around Empire after fail of Rome!?!This premise explain all European and World history after?

Edited by medenaywe - 06-Feb-2011 at 08:10
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote OSMANLI2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2011 at 09:37
wow what a great answer.
It may be possible, but still im wondering how we speak turkish if my ancestors are from Epirus.
Its crazy like you mentioned how easy it is to manipulate people with history, ofcourse, its not important where you from but where you are going.
but for my part its important because you get quit confused, some say that it was during the ottoman era but as my elders tooled me that they were in nowadays Macedonia(FYROM) before them, and thats why i investigate how the ended there.
where are you from? 

Nadi
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2011 at 10:04
Near by You!?!SmileSo you already have readed that three rulers ruled together all known ancient world.
 They even used similar language."DeReDzE","PeNDzeRe",etc.are words (among lot of others)shared by lot of national official languages today on Balkans.Asia Minor is crossroad of civilizations similar with Macedonia,
so called "Catena Mundi" ="The Link Between the Worlds".Allusions we share together, even if no one history do not work alone.
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote OSMANLI2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2011 at 08:31
So You are a Christian Bulgar?
I have written that the the name " Bulgar" are originally from a turkic tribe in asia "Bolghar" The people migrated on todays Bulgaria, so there must be more than migrations from asia to the balkans. 
I know that its hard to define "pure blood" as whole balkans has been " dzorba" mix of etnich groups And i think  that our differences are good so we can learn more from eachother.
Nadi
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2011 at 10:17
Bulgar comes from Vulgar...social class in Byzantine Empire.This one started with "beta".Than language of vulgars was recreated."Beta" was used for "B=Buki".So part of population of Balkans still use this name.
Bulgars.This name means "uneducated","simple","raya"..ordinary people that served their masters,
Romans!Their masters,called themselves Romeians or Romei...Just search further and we would be maybe relatives!?!
Smile

Edited by medenaywe - 12-Mar-2011 at 11:02
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2011 at 10:44
I was searching for truth and i found that "nadenaywemo" we were!Maybe you also!
ETL_Guy View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ETL_Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2011 at 15:54
Hello,

You guys are right about European ethnic groups being all mixed up from ancient migrations, invasions, etc.  What nation you are from is not a good indicator of your ancient heritage, especially in the central parts of Europe.  Too many tribes and empires over the course of history came through there.

You can get DNA tests that might help you narrow down your heritage.  Or it may only lead to more questions and confusion.  Here's a link to European Y-DNA results by country.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml

Even though my most distant known paternal ancestor came from England to North America in the 1600's, his DNA is Haplogroup G, which is only 1.5% of people in England.  It is found in larger numbers in southern Europe, Caucasus, and Central Asia, and is strong in some Turkic and Persian speaking peoples.  I also suspect the Roman Empire activities since they recruited a lot of eastern people and sent them as soldiers etc. to Britain, but there's no real way to know.  It could have happened earlier, or later.  Language is not always a good indicator either, since people get assimilated and learn new languages.  They also change their surnames to match their new language.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2011 at 16:06
Yes and this was done by me also.R1A1A...My reasons to be Denaywe are based on piece of text on stone.

Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote OSMANLI2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2011 at 09:58
If Bulgar come from vulgar so how can it be that there Bolgarians tribe in central asia speaking turkish?  
nadenaywemo?? whats that? 

I fully understand with assimilation and with the languange but you can identify by simply looking at people´s faces, Look at polish people, you see slavic faces and germanic faces in them. 
look at turkish people, you see persian and arabic kind faces but when you see in the balkans you cans see thousand type of faces.. 
Nadi
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2011 at 10:25
Yes Byzantine Empire was complex society consisted of ancient population of conquered nations.We are talking about (1453a.c. to 30b.c) at least 1500 years of slavery/feudalism for those people.Their masters called them Vulgars.After the rebellions against their masters this was sacral name for them!Empires were melting pots of masses.Freedom was everlasting desire for all of them.Identification was social class:vugaris,(beta=Buki in slavic),bulgaris,bulgari,bolgari..etc...This do not have nothing with their ancient nationality.Info about people i belong to,consist inside,your "Turkey"...Misir...People of Pharaohs!

Edited by medenaywe - 19-Mar-2011 at 13:48
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote OSMANLI2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2011 at 13:46
It is very true it was a complex society and how devolpment and progress was made throught christianity but rulers got to gready and used the faith to control people and made they there true identity in the back. In the start of Byzantium the true goal was to spread christianity and make peace through east and the west empire and only way you can gather people are asimilimation..  Then the pope or ruler got to gready thinking about his own wealth when his people was getting poor and then automaticly people started to focus on there own identity.. saying im a albanian im macedonian and whatever and that caused the fall of the byzantium empire like a story was tooled then later on ww1 that 2 brothere got 2 different nationalities.. one was macedonian other was bulgarian so it is hard now to know what you really are and second Ottoman empire had sorted this out regarding assimilation, they had planned the collaps of byzantium one took rumeli ( roman part) and  ( i-stan-bul) which means to the city on old greek7turkish languange...
They wanted to minimize the rebelions and by doing that they had dervishes and dönmehler or TORBESH maybe you know who where slavic converts. 
Most of them islamize the balkans and most of them mariied to turks which gavea new race REMEMBER people from balkans where from the arian race, blue eyed and blond haired and it proven by dna seen it in Discovery.
The turks where black eyed and dark skinned, and one man livin in the byzantium era wrote that they saw the turks as beast, different coloured.
Take for instance Serbia...  it os proven that through dna that 6 out of 10  had ottoman genes when i write ottoman because there were also arabs and persian s in there army.
When it comes to bulgaria it is divede because it is a real CORBA.. You can define which are turk or Bulgarian.... becaus it has been forced from both sides.. once turks did turkishized bulgarian and then did bulgarians bulgarized the turks..
Turks are not arabs if it thats you claim.. They just have been arabized by the centuries...

Nadi
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2011 at 05:09
of course, there were assimilasions in the past but also there were some forced immigrations from anatolia too. After the Karamanid dynasty was conqured by Ottoman, many people forced to immigration to Balkans.  some turks were placed Skopje(üsküp) and Gostivar
 http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makedonya'daki_Türkler  (turkish)

i am turkish guy whose family have come from central bulgaria on the paternal side. according to family history, they went there from Karamanid dynasty

for pomak look at here http://www.pomak.eu/Wink

Edited by Ollios - 10-Aug-2011 at 05:21
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2011 at 00:44
Most possible variant would have been your ancestors just have changed their religion(but they were born  natives)!Do you know meaning of star and crescent on your flag today?!?This sign was ideology those days.
First in usage was during Perseus,last king of Macedon!?!
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2011 at 16:22
the figures of crescent and star are older than all ancient greek culture. Crescent is realited with moon cult in mesopotamia (check vikipedia). however star was added on turkish flag very lately, so i am not sure about it. 
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2011 at 00:33
Moon Crescent was symbol in Egypt(Part of Osiris body).Star was symbol in Persia(evening star Venus, Inanna,Ishtar).Persia and Egypt were enemies.But after Alexander had conquered most of ancient world he
tried idea for "one nation" as it looks now.Many rulers after would have copied&pasted the same idea.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2011 at 08:02
Although true or not true, yours is a pretty store (medenaywe). I love it so I will use it. but also we should remember that, people could have lost this meaning and gave another meaning to these symbols too or people could have found same meaning in the same time, in different places.

Also it is really interesting moon is female in greece, mesopotamia cultures, but it is male in turkic and ancient eygpt cultures.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>