Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy the British should hate American's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why the British should hate American's
    Posted: 27-Jan-2011 at 17:45
I am from UK and I hate USA because of USA war of independence, war of 1812, ww1, ww2, post ww2, falklands war, USA banking system, and the way USA has taken over BP.
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2011 at 09:48
Perhaps you would have preferred the US stayed out of WWII until the Germans invaded the US?  Do you think there would be a UK today, if that had happened?  The US has supported the British in many ways.  A main reason for the US attempting to control the mid east is to secure oil for Britain.  Yes, the US has stepped in where the British have pulled out, but it did not force the British out, and Britain has benefited from the change of power, because the US perceives it their best interest to take good care of a trading partner.  

http://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2010/02/25/obama-refuses-to-support-britain-in-falkland-islands-dispute-with-argentina/

Okay, now I see why you say you hate the US.  What gives Britain the right to the Falkland islands?  How is Britain's imperialism justified?  I have edited out my opinion, because I went on to research the British claim and it is a good one.   My first reaction was to oppose British imperialism, thinking the island had native inhabitants and it did not. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkland_Islands

Here is the possible justification of British claim to the Falkland, and it is a good one.  Most the people are British and the Argentinians are late comers.   The UN gave the citizens the opportunity to vote Britain out and the people did not.   This matter needs to be handled by the UN, because it is not a good thing for the US to worsen its relationships with South America. 

The whole disagreement pushes us to consider what is good government, what are the rights of the people?  What is best for the world? 

Edited by Athena - 30-Jan-2011 at 10:43
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2011 at 10:55
Originally posted by Athena

The whole disagreement pushes us to consider what is good government, what are the rights of the people?  What is best for the world? 
And what are the rights of sovereign states and who determines what is best for the world.
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2011 at 18:55
No I would have preferred the USA entering the war right after France was beaten. Will I do think the UK would still be hear because the UK stopped the Germans without the USA.
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2011 at 19:32
Yes the USA has Britains oil interests at heart, like the suez or saudi arabia. Britain has enough oil the North Sea and the Falklands. The USA really stepped in when Britain left it's empire like Israel or Africa. The USA help the UK in no way what so ever.

The Falkland are British and the USA should back Britain up over them.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2011 at 09:29
Originally posted by mynoon

No I would have preferred the USA entering the war right after France was beaten. Will I do think the UK would still be hear because the UK stopped the Germans without the USA.

They did? How did they do this? You tell me when the britts stopped the Germans without help.  Was this before or after Dunkirk?  What about the 50 destroyers we gave the UK and the complete resupply of the British forces after they left everything they owned on the beaches at Dunkirk.  My friend, you need to do some heavy reading.  And you would do well to read histories that aren't written by anyone from the UK.  And then thank your stars for the thousands of Merchant seamen that lost their lives bringing supplies from the US just to keep you folks alive.  
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2011 at 09:38

Yes the USA has Britains oil interests at heart, like the suez or saudi arabia. Britain has enough oil the North Sea and the Falklands. The USA really stepped in when Britain left it's empire like Israel or Africa. The USA help the UK in no way what so ever.

The Falkland are British and the USA should back Britain up over them.

Afaik, The only assistance the British asked for in the Falklands was the use of the US base at Diego Garcia, which they recieved.  They were offered military aid, but declined, saying that they could handle things alone.  Which they did quite nicely.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2011 at 15:21
Yes i know all about the USA giving the British empire 50 destoryers, under the cash and carry system, inwhich the USA gave any country in the Atlantic theatre in ww2 weapons or food. The USA could not give the Axes power supplies because the British empires navy was the Biggest and best in the world at that time. The British empire also had to pay 100% of the cost of building the war ships, so it was not the USA helping Britain but just business.

The British empire with about 400 other European pilots from. Poland, France and czech republic won the battle of Britain. The USA sent 7 pilots and 4 planes. Canada sent 130 pilots and more than 500 planes, which nation did more to save Britain. Also Canada sent Britain more food, ships and planes than the USA untill mid 1941.

I do think your the one who needs to do some heavy reading and to stop listening to American writers.

I will thank the canadians because they are the ones who really saved Britain and Europe if anybody did.

Edited by mynoon - 31-Jan-2011 at 15:25
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2011 at 15:33
 Diego Garcia is owned by Britain we don't need to ask if we can use it. Yes the USA offered to re fuel British ship and we let you do that, the USA also offered to sent ops teams Britain refused. The USA did not offer and military manpower or weapons to help the UK. Also the USA stopped Britain from taking out the Argentine air bases on the mainland of Argentina. Thanks for the last bit, the war would have been easier with the American naval and air power.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2011 at 09:20
The UK owns the Island, not the US Naval support facility.  You and I both know that the British wouldn't be able to just waltz in without US approval.

Your undoubtedly young.  You quite possibly haven't known anyone who was alive then.  Your reading a lot of revisionist bulls***.  You have a strong national pride, that's good.  However your hatred of the US[for whatever reasons] is clouding your judgment.
It's a given fact, if it hadn't been for the US and the USSR,  German would be the language of the UK today. 
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2011 at 16:48
"Mein Führer! I can walk!"

Do you hold the above movie as one of your favorites?
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2011 at 18:24
You will also know that the British could kick the USA out of the air base of we wanted to. The USA having an air base on diego garcia is also an argument that, Argentina uses for them taking control of the Falklands. They say if the UK can kick 2000 or more people of diego garcia for the USA air base then they can move around 2000 people of the Falklands. I know what a load of brown bird Argentina talks hahaha.

It is also a know fact that without Britain the USA could not have helped the USSR or take back Europe bacause the Germans would have had the Atlantic. Also Without the British empire fighting in Asia the USA/China/Russia would have lost millions more men. 

Also I think that ww2 needed everybody and that the British empire/USA/USSR/China should get 25% of the glory for winning the war each. If even one of them was not in the would it would have been very hard to win.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2011 at 16:23

You will also know that the British could kick the USA out of the air base of we wanted to. The USA having an air base on diego garcia is also an argument that, Argentina uses for them taking control of the Falklands. They say if the UK can kick 2000 or more people of diego garcia for the USA air base then they can move around 2000 people of the Falklands. I know what a load of brown bird Argentina talks hahaha.

It is also a know fact that without Britain the USA could not have helped the USSR or take back Europe bacause the Germans would have had the Atlantic. Also Without the British empire fighting in Asia the USA/China/Russia would have lost millions more men. 

Also I think that ww2 needed everybody and that the British empire/USA/USSR/China should get 25% of the glory for winning the war each. If even one of them was not in the would it would have been very hard to win.

People will pay more attention if you provide sources for your ideas.  And making the claims you are, it's almost mandatory.  You might want to search the archives, as this has been hashed over many times.
And BTW- US war planners had already gone on the assumption that the UK would be over run and therefore unusable as a base. The war would have been won without you.

Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2011 at 16:42
Yes,new projectiles strike you from thousands miles distance,trough the hole of your chimney or small toilet ventilation fun.Gadgets are all you needed for it.New software version of total war,US needs only!!!
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2011 at 17:52
Why are you trying to anoy and aggravate me, the so called claims I make are just the same as you claims, just you say that American won the war on it's own. I am saying that the USA could not have won without the British empire/Russia/China my view is fair and the right one your is wrong to all but American's. The USA may have had plans not to attack Europe from Britain but planning and doing are different things. Also the British empire had all the best place to attack Europe from and by the USA not helping they all could have been lost. I disagree the war could not have been won without the British empire/USA/Russia/China. Where are your sources for the thing you are saying. By the way saying the thing you and other American's say it just makes people hate you more.

I also think Russia goes on to much about it's part in ww2, because without the USA and Britain sending them weapons, oil and food they would have been crushed between Germany and Japan. Also most of the Germans who died on the eastern front, died because of the weather and the Russia camps. Russia also played both side they can't ever be forgiven for killing so many polish and not stopping the Germans sooner.
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2011 at 17:54

USA would need more than weapons to beat China, that a proven fact. Korea where 63,000 British fought.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2011 at 18:41
Yes good old Korea! Here are the troop strengths per Wikpedia;

590,911 S. Korea

480,000 USA
63,000[3] GB
26,791[4] CA
17,000    AU

So, the combined forces of Great Britain including Canadians and Austrailians, totaled but 107,000! Great job, thanks a lot!

If Brit voters had not kicked out the real men, then it might well be that WW-II might not have happend! OH! I forgot; "Peace in our time!"

And the USA has taken over BP! Please do some investigation, it seems that BP was the company that took over a couple of large Amercian gasoline producers? Can you spell "Gulf Oil?"

Just keep things reasonable, please!

Edited by opuslola - 02-Feb-2011 at 18:45
mynoon View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2011 at 20:07

Britain could not but more men into the war because it was fighting for it's economic life at that time. Also Britain was fighting other wars like Mau Mau Uprising, Malayan Emergency and First Indochina War Britain also had to keep a large military to defened it's withdrawal from it's empire. The USA was also fighting in wars but not at the same level and the USA economy was doing much better. The USA had more men and most of the weapons so the USA by far did the most to stop China in that war. The reason i bring up the korean war is that many people say that the USA beat communism where as after ww2 Britain was the one stopping them from taking more land and nations over. 105,000 men is still alot and it's 105,000 less American's who could get killed.

I you know anything about British history post ww1 and to ww2 you will know that Churchill was a political outcast because of his military loses in ww1. Chamberlain in my mind is the worse PM in British history and if churchill had not been so bad in ww1 we may have stopped the war and done what he wanted. After ww2 Britain voted out churchill and got one of the best PMs we have ever had if not the best so we did the right thing. 

You do know the person who runs BP now was incharge of BP. USA. so it was his fault the rig low up. and I hope you American's will one day know how it's feel to have all you great companies taken over and your job go also and you can do nothing because you own so much money to that nation. O I forgot about China hahahahah.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2011 at 22:52
Mynoon! Are you an E. Indian Brit?, or something similar? Your English sometimes betrays you!

Not to belittle your postings, but you do not come over as a "WASP", or even a Catholic one!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2011 at 10:02

Why are you trying to anoy and aggravate me, the so called claims I make are just the same as you claims, just you say that American won the war on it's own. I am saying that the USA could not have won without the British empire/Russia/China my view is fair and the right one your is wrong to all but American's. The USA may have had plans not to attack Europe from Britain but planning and doing are different things. Also the British empire had all the best place to attack Europe from and by the USA not helping they all could have been lost. I disagree the war could not have been won without the British empire/USA/Russia/China. Where are your sources for the thing you are saying. By the way saying the thing you and other American's say it just makes people hate you more.

I also think Russia goes on to much about it's part in ww2, because without the USA and Britain sending them weapons, oil and food they would have been crushed between Germany and Japan. Also most of the Germans who died on the eastern front, died because of the weather and the Russia camps. Russia also played both side they can't ever be forgiven for killing so many polish and not stopping the Germans sooner.

Who said America could win the war by itself?  I sure didn't.  I said the war planners had assumed that the UK would be overrun. with that possibility in mind they went on as if the UK wasn't there.
The eventuality would be the war would be won without you.  It would have taken longer, but the complete mobilization of the US, Men weapons , wartime production, would not have reached it's max. until 1965.  I might point out at this time that by the end of the war, the British navy was no 2 to the US Navy. 
There are always people who cannot accept the fact that the US is what it is.  And there will always be people who, having had there collective butts pulled from the fire by the US military, will deny the fact that they were unable to do it alone. 
Regardless of your nationalistic pride, Britain did not win the War by herself.  Next time you go across the channel, make a stop at the Normandy Memorial.  Take a look at the thousands of white crosses.  Yes, there are British soldiers buried there, but about 1/2 as many as the US.

Germany- 320,000 killed wounded or missing.
US-           135,000 Killed wounded or missing.
UK-              65,000 Killed wounded or missing
Canada-    18,000  Killed wounded or missing.
    And this is just for D-Day.
Source-  Encyclopedia Britannica 

Britain had been engaged in the war for nearly 2 years before the US got involved militarily.  She had already taken a pounding from the air.  The excursions into Norway and France had severely weakened the British ground forces.  At the time, the only positive thing the Britts had going was the Royal Navy.
All other things aside, the expenditure of wealth is another aspect of war expenses.  Just the cost of the Manhattan project was more than the UK spent on the entire war. [In todays money the Manhattan project would have cost approx. 100 Billion]

If it had become necessary, the US and the USSR would have eventually won the war alone, it just would have taken longer.  

Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>