Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

watermlon democracy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: watermlon democracy
    Posted: 19-Dec-2010 at 12:17
http://watermelondemocracy.com/?page_id=2

This is the best explanation of the different realities of the rich and poor that I have ever come across.  My father dumped my mother, and his new wife convinced him he had no moral obligation to pay child support.  As a result, I grew up in those nieghborhoods, my father protected his second his second family from.   When I was 18 I met my father and live about 3 months with his family in an "exclusive nieghborhood".  I was very impressed by how different his second family's reality was from the reality that shaped my life.  I can so relate to the explanation in the "Watermelon Democracy" and I hope you can too. 

Edited by Athena - 19-Dec-2010 at 12:24
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2011 at 18:21
I really do not understand your above post! Your father was "convinced" by his second wife not to pay child support? Was there no law concerning such in your area at that time?

If not, what a shame! But, you seem to have seen just what having two parents can do to a child!

You, were raised it seems, by a one parent family! This normally results in a family (especially if the one parent is a female) that is hovering upon the edge of poverty for ever, if not totally within the poverty level!

Shame on your father for his lack of action, and shame on you for having such bad feelings when you were finally exposed to the "wealth!"

Yes, I know it had to be an awakening, but what one person thinks about life, while having material advantages, is not exactly what you should either expect or believe!

My sincere regrets concerning the trials you have been through! But, perhaps that is what makes you such a strong woman today?

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 01-Jan-2011 at 18:23
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2011 at 06:12
The  Bollywood  movie is needed to cover allusions of masses ...Big lies need big lier..All depends on your matrix program.And actual position in the system.We have above two units with different positions and usage programs.RESULT ...Two different points of view on same action.Therefore we are talking about HIStory...
Sometimes reading other opinions here  looks like theological conflict about"How many camels you can push trough the needle's eye...".But stories we are talking about are written by those that have survived battles and usually have had more money to published their history versions.

Edited by medenaywe - 02-Jan-2011 at 11:54
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2011 at 10:10
I was not aware of expressing negative feelings; certianly nothing I have to be ashamed of.  I value my awareness of different realities.   I am not even sure if I oppose a classist society.  What I object to is denial of reality, or blindness to it.  We can not leave children to grow up inner city slums and expect good results.  Early housing projects were well intentioned, but contributed to the problem.  We are suppose to be capable of identifying problems and correcting them.  This begins by identifying the problem and being realistic. 

From here we get into politics.  I do not agree with the Republican idea that if the wealth of the rich is protected, things are better for everyone. 

Edited by Athena - 03-Jan-2011 at 10:22
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2011 at 10:21
Sorry my intentions were not to be insulted anyone but were useful from the point of historian objectivity now.

Edited by medenaywe - 03-Jan-2011 at 10:24
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2011 at 20:16
My dear Athena!

It is obvious that I have hurt your feelings a number of times on this site! And, it is also most obvious that you have grown up during times most anyone would have considered as "hard!"

For my part, I apologize for my sometimes hard and hateful words! You see, I grew up within a small group of very special people, that is the sons and daughters of College professors, etc.!

Being smart, and smart mouthed was part and parcel of my upbringing! Even at the ripe old age of 64, all I can ask is "Will you still love me?" Which is again a smart ass answer quoting from Ringo Starr!

So, I just want you to know that I have in some ways valued each and every one of your postings!

"But, will you still love me in the morning?" You see, I cannot help it!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2011 at 09:13
Will you still feed me? will you still need me when I'm 64.  It was a beatles number, but it wasn't Ringo's.  Wink Just preserving AE's reputation for accuracy.Wacko
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2011 at 11:34
Originally posted by opuslola

My dear Athena!

It is obvious that I have hurt your feelings a number of times on this site! And, it is also most obvious that you have grown up during times most anyone would have considered as "hard!"

For my part, I apologize for my sometimes hard and hateful words! You see, I grew up within a small group of very special people, that is the sons and daughters of College professors, etc.!

Being smart, and smart mouthed was part and parcel of my upbringing! Even at the ripe old age of 64, all I can ask is "Will you still love me?" Which is again a smart ass answer quoting from Ringo Starr!

So, I just want you to know that I have in some ways valued each and every one of your postings!

"But, will you still love me in the morning?" You see, I cannot help it!

Regards,

Wait a little bit!What did heard my ears?Were those last testimonial words above?Have not seen amount of $ for loving You,Honored Caliph?Are $?$$?$$$.?.$$$?We are all loving You!?!LOLShockedLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply