Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Very ancient civilization found in persian gulf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Drusin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Drusin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very ancient civilization found in persian gulf
    Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 11:02
I might include the Spanish destroying the native cultures, systematic destruction of information and out right theft with that category of the world's worst vandalism. Islamic destruction of hindu and buddist artifacts and information would definitely be on the top ten of that list for me too.  Even Pharaohs of Egypt scratched out older names to insert their own.  There are many reasons we have been so slow to piece history together again.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 11:37
Yes, I've seen the articles linking N America with Atlantis, here there is an obvious lack of evidence.  And yes I'm aware that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.  However in S. America the evidence is nearly everywhere.
Consider this, Russian scientists doing sea floor analysis in prep. for the Gibralter Bridge, discovered that the coasts of Spain and North Africa were aqbove the water line out about 600 miles from where they are now, around 10,000 bce.  The SA coast was 100 miles to the East of where it is now.  Throw that into the mix and a cross atlantic trip isn't so overwhelming.

Also, with 20 million sq miles of what was once dry land now submerged, there's no telling what's under it.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Drusin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Drusin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 11:50
oh yah, I definitely include south america, sorry, I live is the US and we r known for egocentricity.  The Olmecs are utterly fascinating to me at so many levels.  They were obsidian mad also.
Just happened across this lovely article.
 I have loads more on my face book page if you want to have a peek.  My real name is actually teresa drusin.
Drusin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Drusin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 11:53
I don't know how many teresa drusins are out there but i am the half asian one with flaming fascia hair

Drusin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Drusin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 11:56
yah sure of course they went by water. I still don't understand the reluctance of status quo in the face of so much evidence.  We were using bitumen, for goodness sake 40,000 years ago.  We could have made a mat of reeds water tight.  I do think we were actually building skin boats and wooden ships for much longer then we have thus far found evidence for 
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 13:46
Originally posted by Seth

The funny thing is, is that the Osirian, where considered the gods of the Egyptians, the Egyptians simply went from cave dwellers and simple farmers to great inventors and strategist..? no time of development between... They must have been given the knowledge from a older civilization, greater than themselves. how could the great civilization like Egypt do this in such a short period? they just could not in such a short period...
The Egyptians were influenced by the Sumerians - in the aspects of momumental architecture, the idea of writing /not their in chosen form, the hierogliphics/, Osiris and Isis /they being Dumizi and Inanna/ - there were plenty of Sumerian-like artefacts in the layers of Naqada II. I don't think we need Atlantis to explain the rise of the Egyptian civilization.
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 13:51
Originally posted by Drusin

oh yah, I definitely include south america, sorry, I live is the US and we r known for egocentricity.  The Olmecs are utterly fascinating to me at so many levels.  They were obsidian mad also.
Just happened across this lovely article.
 I have loads more on my face book page if you want to have a peek.  My real name is actually teresa drusin.
Very interesting article, thank youSmile.

Drusin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Drusin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 16:35
Hi Don, Back from my trip.  Was a museum rat for a week, prowled about the antiquities halls  :) I'm looking forward to catching up on reading work from one of my new favorite poets.  I think it was perhaps the activities of ancient sumar an ur and other settlements like them that sent out exploratory mining crews in search of precious metals and resources.  I won't link these megalithic sites to anyone culture in particular. I think it was a technological advance in architecture that was adopted because of it usefulness.  Like agriculture it was a good idea   
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 17:47
It looks like you had a great and useful time, Drusin!Smile Being a selfish rat thought I'm glad we have you back. Are there some good net sites on which I can learn about the exhibition you got to see?
Drusin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Drusin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 18:37
http://www.pasthorizonspr.com/index.php/archives/02/2012/nomads-and-networks-the-ancient-art-and-culture-of-kazakhstan

Here's a link to the info about the exhibit. It really does highlight how sophisticated these nomads were.  There was plenty of gold and bronze, how they acquired this is surely a fascinating tale 
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 18:56
Thanks, Drusin! I had seen the golden deer /or at least a very similar one/ somewhere in NatGeo, a beautiful thing.
Seth View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2012 at 02:45
All this i agree with... and know... just didn't expect other smart wanderers of knowledge to pop out so easy... Great! :0  so i want to ask, why cant people believe theory's with evidence more influential/ more evidence to provide, then the idea most voting counts are actually fair? not fair... and even fixed... all the way back to the first days of democracy in ancient Greece... A system of suppressing the people of the truth and erasing them from the view of history... just like many and all government types that suppress the speaker of the small voice, write the history preferred by a leader little more than a 30 year old child, not a king, or president... lost in the problems they create themselves....????
S.O
Seth View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2012 at 02:47
Then lets get to the ancients we know of...
S.O
Drusin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Drusin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2012 at 10:04
history is written by the victors, much of our current opinions are still based on research done in the last millennium, status quo is a barrier as funding for projects is at play here too. Yes I am happy to have made acquaintanceship with clever people who have solid ideas as well.  Which  ancients do you suggest?  The persian gulf was not always a gulf i suspect there is a great deal out there underwater.  I am facebook friends with a fella doing this type of research.  I find it fascinating the similarities of many of these cultures, it does seem to point to inter-regional trade of goods and ideas and even people.  The similarities of megalithic structures that span an enormous space and time also points to the transfer of ideas and technologies.  I know of a pakistan researcher who is in charge of re-erecting 6 sites he discovered.  He is on my facebook friends list.  my real name is teresa drusin and his is Zulfikar Ali Kalhoro if anyone wants to have a look at his resaerch.  These sites really cover the planet. 

Drusin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Drusin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2012 at 10:22
I have been trying to muster support for this guy Zulfikar, i fear he is underfunded for the magnitude of the work he has ahead oh him.  Any suggestions on how we can help him out?
Seth View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 02:19
You tube, as much as u can... but it will do little considering people wont randomly look it up, so make a following on Facebook about the research. And i am interested in the cultures that flourished around the gulf and all over the world and I'm pretty convinced they were interconnected... Example Rama Empire The Atlantis people and Orsirians. 
S.O
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12