Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prophets, Reformers and Heretics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Behrouz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Behrouz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prophets, Reformers and Heretics
    Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 11:19
Originally posted by azimuth

how did Salman Al Farisi helped propagate the Religious/ Spiritual Culture of Persia far and wide??

I believe he means Salman Al Farsi, as for whether he hepled or not my knowledge is limited.

Edited by Behrouz
Rakhsh View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Rakhsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 22:09
Originally posted by Saki

Who can provide information on the men who helped propagate the Religious/ Spiritual Culture of Persia far and wide , both Historically or Contemporaneously?

Lets start the ball rolling with:

Zoroaster: Old Persia

Nestorius: Central Asia/ China

Bahaiullah: India/ Africa

Bogomil?: Balkans/ C.Europe

Salman al Fars: Islamic World

Rumi: Contemporary West/ Islamic World

Nurbakhsh: America/ Europe/ W.Africa

Baha'i Faith and its founder Baha'u'llah are from Iran it started in Iran not India....
Never under estimate the predictablity of stupidity! - Bullet Tooth Tony
Rakhsh View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Rakhsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 22:10
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Again: Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi was Turkish. It doesnt make him a Persian propogater or genetically Persian because he wrote mostly with Persian language.

If that makes him a Persian, Saki, you are a British, since all your posts in AE are in English!

Sorry he was from a place in Iran called Rum or Rumi and he was persian, calling him Turkish is an insult, No evidence for Turksih and alot for Persian...
Rakhsh View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Rakhsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 22:16

Originally posted by Seko

Hold on there. The resources I presented tell the history of Rumi actually being born under territories of Balkh. I never said he was Turkish by blood, even though a few sites hint of that. The resource I presented states the Rumi was born of parents with Arabic names. Still this does not prove his nationality he was born under. Speaking Persian, Arabic or Turkish is not a prerequisite for his origins either. Since lanquage he used is a reflection of his broad multilingual relations. You may also know that many "Persians", Arabs and Turks by blood also lived, at his time, in the territories currently called Iran (Persia).

There fore he is Persian Balkh was part of Iran and people there are Persian....But the arguement about arabic names is not valid that is the same arguement for claiming many Iranian scientists and poets just because their names are arabic it is a muslim name not arabic just like westerners adopt Christian names like Paul, Simon, Michaeol, Abraham

Rakhsh View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Rakhsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 22:18

Originally posted by Seko

He may very well have been Persian. But I hope you have more proof of that instead of labeling his birthpalce or intial lanquage as the sole arbitor of his heritage. The name of the empire he was born under then could just as well claim historical rights to his heritage. Was there an empire of Persia that he was born in? Otherwise, I do see the point that Persia can claim him as a nobel figure since he is now regarded as being raised in Persian zones of influence.

this labeling is what Turks use but we do not need to label him, he is Pesian because he was born there, and felt afiliation to this country. You need to claim how he isn't Persian him being born there is enough proof of him being Persian

PrznKonectoid View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote PrznKonectoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 22:23
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Again: Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi was Turkish. It doesnt make him a Persian propogater or genetically Persian because he wrote mostly with Persian language.

If that makes him a Persian, Saki, you are a British, since all your posts in AE are in English!

Rumi was born near the Iran/Afghan border close to Herat and was ethnically Persian!

In fact he moved to Konya, Turkey to get away from the Turkic/Mongol invasions from the north.

Want to know more on ancient Iran?
http://www.parsaworld.com
or join our forums
FORUM
Yekta View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Yekta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2005 at 00:17

Rumi belongs to the whole world, his works make him universal.

About him being a "Turk", well, Rumi has already answered that, I wish you guys read the man's works before claiming him, because all this you talk about isn't what he preaches, anyone can translate that picture(above)? It's not my skin.

I AM NOT

Muslims! What can I do? I have lost my identity!
I am not a Christian, Jew, pagan, or Muslim.
I am neither an Easterner nor a Westerner,
   neither a land nor a sea person.
Nature can't fully account for me,
   nor can the whirling cosmos.
I don't exclusively belong to earth, water, fire, or air.
I am not of the invisible-ineffable, nor of the dust--
I am not a process or a being.
I am not of this world or the next, and deserve
   neither eternal reward nor eternal punishment.
I am not of Adam or Eve,
   not of the original Garden nor the final one.
My home has no address; my tracks leave no trace.
I am neither body nor soul--What can I say?
I belong to the Self of the Beloved.

I have laid all "twos" aside:
this world and that world are one.
I search for One, I recognize One,
I see One clearly, and I call the name of the One.
That unnameable One, the breath of the breath,
   is the first and last, the outside and the inside.
I identify no one except by "O That... O This!"
I am drunk on the cup of Love:
   here-now and everywhere-all-time have vanished.
I can't handle any business except celebration.

If I spend an instant without you,
that instant makes my whole life seem worthless.
If I can win one moment with you,
I will crush both worlds under my feet
as I dance in joy forever.

My Beloved Shams-i-Tabriz, I am living permanently
  intoxicated:
I have no more stories to tell except ones about drunks and
  parties.

The fire that never dies burns in our hearts.
Rakhsh View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Rakhsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2005 at 08:34
Amen Yekta thanks for pointing out his work........... i hope now the Pan-turanists will be quiet.
Saki View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Saki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 18:43
In the end it doesn't really matter where he came from- I think thats what the great man himself is trying to say.
Turks, Iranians and Caucasians lead the way for the whole Islamic world. The main thing is not to get drawn into all the extremist crap that is destroying the real values of being a good human.
Amen
At least the Arabs are not claiming him. That would be too much!
Knowledge is power, and power is the knowledge of when not to use it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12