Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFuture of Afghanistan?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Future of Afghanistan?
    Posted: 30-Nov-2010 at 18:26
It seems Afghanistan is really being rebuilt, this is a good news that some great urban projects are under construction in Kabul and other major cities of this country, however another war can destroy again all things but the current situation is better than what I thought, what do you think about the future of Afghanistan?
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2010 at 20:12
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

It seems Afghanistan is really being rebuilt, this is a good news that some great urban projects are under construction in Kabul and other major cities of this country, however another war can destroy again all things but the current situation is better than what I thought, what do you think about the future of Afghanistan?

I really afraid that this country has no future at all. The allied troops will probably leave Afghanistan in 2-3 years and everything will be as there was before, endless civil war or islamist rules and civil war... since the soviets killed afghan president that country know no peace..
However, you Cyrus live closer and probably know better

Edited by Mosquito - 30-Nov-2010 at 20:13
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2010 at 20:17

in my opinion afghanistan should be 2 countries, the tajik/hazara population doesn't really get along with pashtun for the part. Tajik are dari/farsi speakers ofcourse and pashtuns are pashto speakers, pashtun population is being supported by pakistan through taliban, and tajik population mostly by west, this is the sole reason for the war there. its a proxy was between the US and Pakistan, with some iranian and indian influence aswell.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2010 at 20:18
As long as the "Poppy Flower" really rules, then there can be no evolved and enlightened Afghanistan!

Just my thoughts!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
BIG D View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2010 at 13:05

you can build BUILDINGS all you want and leave troops there for a hundred years, but you CANNOT change the culture/people/minds in so short a time...

toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2014 at 04:21

I'm afraid that I agree with those who hold a pessimistic view on Afghanistans future.

Despite millions of dollars being spent on infrastructure and many more millions being spent on training the Afghan Police and the Army, there still remains a cultural clash between some of the tribes.

As the last western soldier flies out, the Taliban will ride in, and the whole show will start again.

As an aside, the western armies should have burned all of the poppy fields and ensured that they weren't replanted. From the poppy comes heroin which is one of the major problems in the west.
 Post Reply Post Reply