Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

USSR or USA?Which one do you favor most?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Poll Question: USA OR USSR? Who is your daddy?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [23.53%]
65 [76.47%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USSR or USA?Which one do you favor most?
    Posted: 25-Jul-2005 at 05:24
Originally posted by blake79

I can't believe those who say they would prefur a dictatorship with no political or basic human freedoms, long breadlines and a government whose stated goal was to dominate the world through advancing communsim. Over a nation that provides almost half the food consumed in the world,

I think that should be provided. And when you say 'provided' do you mean 'eaten' or 'thrown away'?

Moreover, how much of that does the US iself consume, one way or another? Provides food for more than half the world's population would be a more impressive statistic. If it were correct.

a free press and whose stated perpose is the eternal pursuite of the democratic ideal.

Everybody's stated purpose is some ideal or other. However by their deeds you shall know them.

Ask those who lived in the shadow of communism what they think.

All it boils down to is that there are many jeaous hearted people in the world who dream of a revised Soviet Union in order to be a thorn in the side of Uncle Sam due to the fact that most folks in the world regard Americans as nothing more than a bunch of uneducated morons.

Yet, somehow we gave the world the Airplane, Motion pcitures,

???

atomic power,

???

the computer that you are using now, ,

???

the fiberoptic cable, the internet,

???

, just to name a few and we even managed be the only country in history to put a man on the moon while most of the nations of the world was still trying to develop their own airplane.

What did the U.S.S.R give the world ?

The first man in space? The first satellite?

Ak47s, the Berlin Wall, and a failed Marxist ideal that has been swept into the abyss of history.

Hell! in America even as a citizen I can own an AK40 (which I do,) as long as I don't abuse that right.

Which isn't to say I didn't prefer the US to the  Soviet Union.  In the army I was prepared to fight the Soviets, not the Americans.

However, boasting irritates me.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2005 at 05:17
I do not like Soviet communism,but i feel so sad watching how a glorious and powerfull Red Army scattered into nothing.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 18:44
C'mon, a totalitarianistic communist regime versus a capitalist democracy. Most obviously i would vote for USA.

Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 14:57

I wish my grandfather was alive, he could have given me so much information about the local soviet "culture" here in Estonia from the day the Soviets learned what an acctual toilet was to what ever else crazy they did. Like eating shoewax in the army because alcohol was prohibited. Everybody take a note that the Soviet culture is a very far haven from Russian culture.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Sultan View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 07:46

USA

Turkistan is a door to two worlds,
Turkistan is a cradle of the Turks,
Living in beautiful Turkistan
Is Tengri's blessing to the Turks.

FREEDOM FOR EASTERN TURKISTAN
blake79 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote blake79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 07:33

I can't believe those who say they would prefur a dictatorship with no political or basic human freedoms, long breadlines and a government whose stated goal was to dominate the world through advancing communsim. Over a nation that provides almost half the food consumed in the world, a free press and whose stated perpose is the eternal pursuite of the democratic ideal.

Ask those who lived in the shadow of communism what they think.

All it boils down to is that there are many jeaous hearted people in the world who dream of a revised Soviet Union in order to be a thorn in the side of Uncle Sam due to the fact that most folks in the world regard Americans as nothing more than a bunch of uneducated morons.

Yet, somehow we gave the world the Airplane, Motion pcitures, atomic power, the computer that you are using now, the fiberoptic cable, the internet, just to name a few and we even managed be the only country in history to put a man on the moon while most of the nations of the world was still trying to develop their own airplane.

What did the U.S.S.R give the world ? Ak47s, the Berlin Wall, and a failed Marxist ideal that has been swept into the abyss of history.

Hell! in America even as a citizen I can own an AK40 (which I do,) as long as I don't abuse that right.

All Rise!
Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2004 at 21:47

I am flattered by their lack of caring for me.  Down with them both!  Down with your portrait too!  Long live Kronstadt!

The communist system can never work because it is self-contradictory. The equality of of proletarians are already broken because there is the ruling class. If proles are to be equal there must be some form of democracy.

Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2004 at 11:25
In the end the soviets suck and so do the Americans....... a hard discussion! Do continue...
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2004 at 11:02
You seem totally unconcerned byt the fact that the SOviets could and did intentionally create food shortages to kill off people and make sections of the populace more dependant on the central government.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Gallipoli View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gallipoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2004 at 04:45

Listen to this;

The Communist system failed because they decided to enter a rat race with the Americans. They invested huge amounts of money into a Missile race they could never win. They created the Cuban missile crisis because they could only compensate their inferiority in the missile gap through increasing the deterrancy of their missiles by placing them somewhere close to the Yankees.

Shifty Russian View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Shifty Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2004 at 01:48
Originally posted by Vittfarne

To John Doe concerning the Republic of Georgia.

None of the above!

Yes, you are right. US soldiers are also stationed in Georgia. My personal opinion is that they should leave too, but unfortunately they are invited by the Georgian government. The Russians are not wanted there by anyone and they have already signed a treaty to leave (although doing their utmost to delay the withdrawal).

Stop complaining

Originally posted by Evildoer

None of the above for me too! Down with both of them!

I'm sure the US and the Russians don't care much for you too... and wish for a quick death to you.

I'm Shifty Russian, Suka
Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2004 at 13:14

None of the above for me too! Down with both of them!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2004 at 02:25

To John Doe concerning the Republic of Georgia.

None of the above!

Yes, you are right. US soldiers are also stationed in Georgia. My personal opinion is that they should leave too, but unfortunately they are invited by the Georgian government. The Russians are not wanted there by anyone and they have already signed a treaty to leave (although doing their utmost to delay the withdrawal).

Abyssmal Fiend View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Abyssmal Fiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 22:51

Bah. The Soviet lied to their leaders about the economy. If that's not messed up, I don't know what is.

And I respect the idea of Communism, but like the belief goes, it works on paper but doesn't work in reality. The Soviets did rather well for a country that was formerly backwater, though.

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 22:47
The USA was more economically efficient than the Soviets. 
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 19:43
Originally posted by Gallipoli

Well lets make sure we understand one thing;

No regime is evil. The cold war policy of the US was based on claiming that the Soviet regime was evil and that the communist system only allowed the powerful to rule and so on. Then what about the US system?Anyone criticise that?

maybe because its 500 times better than the Soviet system...

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
John Doe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote John Doe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 19:41
Aren't there american troops in Georgia now ?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 16:14

None of the above!

Read more (Russian language) on re-aqcia:

http://www.re-aqcia.info/

Gallipoli View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gallipoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 05:31

Well lets make sure we understand one thing;

No regime is evil. The cold war policy of the US was based on claiming that the Soviet regime was evil and that the communist system only allowed the powerful to rule and so on. Then what about the US system?Anyone criticise that?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2004 at 18:18

Well USA, because there was more freedom.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>