Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

were central asians caucasians??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: were central asians caucasians??
    Posted: 28-Oct-2010 at 15:05
I would suppose then that Cyrus and TGS should have a lot in common?

Is that the case?

Where I live, we have a pretty good representation of the world available for inspection! People from the Levant, India, FYROM, Yugoslavia, China, Mexico, Cuba, most of the Islands in the Carib area, Pakistanis, Germans, English, Irish, Koreans, French, Spanish, and a lot of S.E. Asians (Vietnamese) etc.!

Yet, it seems we have very little racial conflicts or religious conflicts! Actually I have heard of no conflicts like mentioned above here since I arrived about 1976!

I guess we are just weird?

Oh, yes, we also have a good deal of African Americans, as well as emigrant Africans living here also! Surprisingly a lot of our African American residents moved here from Chicago, Detroit, New York, Washington, D.C., etc.!

We even have "Slavic" celebrations!

Or maybe we are merely lucky?

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 28-Oct-2010 at 15:13
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
bai_ulgen View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote bai_ulgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2010 at 15:12

No, I'm not talking about ideological differences among members of a society. In this case, both Turks and Central Asians are Muslims. What's more, in Central Asia too, there are lots of ethnicities living together peacefully: Turkmens, Kyrigzes, Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Tajiks, Uighurs, Tatars, Russians, Koreans, and a lot more. But the question was not about tolerance. 

Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

And do you know what the perception of Turks from Turkey is of Central Asian Turks?

Edited by bai_ulgen - 28-Oct-2010 at 15:32
Möňke Taňri-niň Küçü Bile
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2010 at 21:01
Originally posted by bai_ulgen

Most of Turkish people working or studying in Central Asia have a hard time socializing with native people.  

Why is that? This is interesting. Are you posting from Turkmenistan or do you now reside in Russia?
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
bai_ulgen View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote bai_ulgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2010 at 01:34

No, I reside in Russia.

I'm not sure. Well, probably because of cultural differences? Maybe also because they (Turkish people) care a lot for Islam. You know, Central Asian concept (except Tajikistan and to some extent, Uzbekistan) of Islam is really different form that of Iran, Turkey, or other Islamic countries.

I'm not sure why :)

Edited by bai_ulgen - 29-Oct-2010 at 01:40
Möňke Taňri-niň Küçü Bile
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2010 at 12:14
Thanks for your answers.

I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2010 at 17:09

Here`s is how the Turks look like. Those who live in Bulgaria.

I think they have Central Asian features in minimal. They don`t have typical Caucassian features. There is rather a Semitic appearance, which is strange. Let us remember that the capital of Seljuq Turks was Baghdad for a long period of time. The Turks settled in Anatolia not directly from Central Asia, but from territory of modern Iraq and Syria.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2010 at 17:22
Just what type of work do the Turks provide for Bulgaria? In Germany, for instance, your typical builder of a BMW or a Merc., is probably a Turk!

Regards,
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2010 at 17:41
Turks living in Bulgaria since times of Ottoman empire. They are not "gastarbeiters". Turks are really good workers and cheap labor force. Bulgaria does not have factories like Daimler or BMW and Turks are mostly a farmers who produced high quality tobacco, seasonal workers in construction sector and abroad. Many of them are extremely poor.

Edited by Kanas_Krumesis - 02-Nov-2010 at 17:44
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2010 at 20:33
IN other words Kanas K., they are more like the Lation (Mexican) and African American workers in the USA, who provide like services?

Regards,
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2010 at 23:42
Originally posted by Kanas_Krumesis

Turks living in Bulgaria since times of Ottoman empire. They are not "gastarbeiters". Turks are really good workers and cheap labor force. Bulgaria does not have factories like Daimler or BMW and Turks are mostly a farmers who produced high quality tobacco, seasonal workers in construction sector and abroad. Many of them are extremely poor.

Those are Eastern Europeans who were Turkified, they are not Turkic.
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2010 at 01:59
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

Those are Eastern Europeans who were Turkified, they are not Turkic.

Eastern Europeans оr Middle Easterners? Turks came to Europe from Asia and their culutre is close to Arab and Persian. They don`t look like any other Eastern European nation. Of course there are Turkified local people due to forced Islamization but in a smaller volume. Many Muslim communities in South-East Europe retain their native language. Like Bosniaks, Albanians in Kosovo, Pomak in Bulgaria. Attempts for their Turkification is a modern phenomenon. In Bulgaria Pomaks are closed society, but there is a trend supported by Ankara for mixing with Turks based on Islamic religion and common Ottoman past.

Pomaks

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2010 at 05:57
Originally posted by Kanas_Krumesis

Here`s is how the Turks look like. Those who live in Bulgaria.

I think they have Central Asian features in minimal. They don`t have typical Caucassian features. There is rather a Semitic appearance, which is strange. Let us remember that the capital of Seljuq Turks was Baghdad for a long period of time. The Turks settled in Anatolia not directly from Central Asia, but from territory of modern Iraq and Syria.

I don't think to be a big difference between them and Bulgarians:

I remember last year that I read about the youngest mother in the world in Bulgaria:

I think Turks of Turkey look more caucasians! Wink
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2010 at 10:10
Turks of Turkey are Turkic speakers of Anatolian, Iranic, Greek, Armenian, Middle Easter, Caucasian descent. Which explains their Caucasoid features.
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2010 at 13:16
Dear Cyrus, I believe that your error is due to poor information. I should let you know that there is one ethnic group called Roma or Gypsy, which is quite widespread in Bulgaria, East Europe and even in Western Europe and Americas, because of their nomadic life style. The original homeland of this group is North India.

This is the news about the youngest mother in the world by name Kordeza (on your photograph) who origin from this ethnic group-  http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90782/90872/6801006.html  where you can read:

"...Kordeza met Jeliazko in the playground of her Roma gypsy school in Sliven, Bulgaria, when he rescued her from bullies...

...By then Kordeza was five months pregnant and living with her grandmother Dida, 55, because her parents were both working on vineyards in Spain...

...When Jeliazko found out he was going to be a dad he dashed back from Spain, where he had been working on farms..."

Today Kordeza and her family living in Spain, so they by your logic could be an excellent example for a Spanish.

Your first photograph submit political demonstration of the party in which participate individuals of almost all ethnic groups in Bulgaria. I see there Bulgarian and Gypsy/Turkish faces. My photograph is much more accurate, because it was taken during a rally (in Plovdiv, Bulgaria before last elections in 2009) of Turkish ethnic party in Bulgaria called Movement for Rights and Freedoms

As you seem to say that my information is incorrect, I will defend it provides images of Turks on similar topics. This is from the protest agaist Pope Benedict XVI visit in Istanbul early this year

In fact this people seems Semitic to me and they have very very small percentage Caucasian appearance.

Edited by Kanas_Krumesis - 04-Nov-2010 at 13:27
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2010 at 13:53
Like Bulgaria, different ethnic peoples also live in Turkey, for example in the first pic they look like Baluch, Turkmen and Pakistani people, but I have visited Istanbul, the majority of the people look like Eastern Europeans, not Central Asians.
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2010 at 14:24
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Like Bulgaria, different ethnic peoples also live in Turkey, for example in the first pic they look like Baluch, Turkmen and Pakistani people, but I have visited Istanbul, the majority of the people look like Eastern Europeans, not Central Asians.

Have you ever visited Eastern Europe or Bulgaria to make comparison? I can distinguish Turk from Bulgarian on a first sight because I lived among the representatives of both ethnic groups. When I visit Hungary or Romania people hardly differ me and even begin to speak with me on local language, while they easy recognized a Turk form Bulgaria if he is with me. Same to the France and Italy. If there is Caucasian looking people in Istanbul, you must be sure the are Turkizated and come from Muslim communities of Bosnia, Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Sandjak...  
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2010 at 14:51
My point is about Semitic appearance of great majority of the Turks form Republic of Turkey. I`m agree they don`t look like typical Central Asian as they claim to be...
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2010 at 15:55
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

but I have visited Istanbul, the majority of the people look like Eastern Europeans, not Central Asians.
The population of Instanbul includes descendants of Bosnians, Albanians and other Islamicized Europeans that left south eastern Europe when the Ottoman Empire started to collapse.  Therefore, the physical appereance of people in Instanbul and other parts of Western Turkey maybe different from Turkey as a whole.  Also, during the Ottoman period, concubines and / or slaves were captured from many eastern European countries.  Many of these people were more likely to be brought to the Imperial capital of Instanbul and their genetic traces remain.

Edited by Cryptic - 04-Nov-2010 at 16:00
PakistaniShield View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2010 at 06:06
they could easily pass for persians too. i could not distinguish
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2010 at 12:03
We have to differentiate between Turkic peoples, and Turkifified peoples (people who now speak a Turkic language but are of different ethnic non-Turkic origins). Once you make these distinctions, this can become a very straight forward discussion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>