Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Difference between Indians and Pakistanis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
ranjithvnambiar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ranjithvnambiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Difference between Indians and Pakistanis
    Posted: 29-Jul-2010 at 04:12
Adivasi populations of East and south India are having great similarity to austroloid people and many scheduled tribes of East India still speaks austronesian languages.
Negritos in India are mainly in Andaman and Nicobar islands(Andamanese & Nicobarese)They have austronesian people too.
dravidian like aryan as per my understanding is not a term used to indicate a race.
Dravidian is a term used to indicate people who speak the languages rthat originated in South India or basically from Tamil.
The origin of the word Dravidian is from 'dravida' a sanskrit word.
The word 'tamila' corrupted into 'dramila' and then 'dravida'.

Some people use the word dravidian in a racial sense to indicate dark skinned people.But dark skinned people are available all over India.And their features too are similar.Ansd are genetically very close to their white skinned counter parts.
Attached is the photo of Shashi Tharoor who was a Undsr Secretary at United Nations for communications and Public Information. Presently he is amember of Indian Parliament representing  the southern most district of the Southernmost state of India ie kerala.He is a Keralite belonging to nair Community and is a "Dravidian".His mother tongue is malayalam a dravidian language.

Attached is the photograph of Mammootty(Munhammed Kutty) an actor from Kerala.He is a Malayali Muslim(Moplah Muslim) of Kerala and dravidian ie his mother tongue is malayalam.

Attached here is the photograph of K.G.Balakrishnan who was the Supreme Court Chief Justice of India.He too belong to Kerala and also to a backward caste of kerala.He too is a dravidian ie malayalam is his mother tongue.

Attached is the photo of Shivshankar menon the National security advisor to Prime ministerof India.
He belongs to the menon(nair) community of Kerala south India.He too is adravidian ie mothertongue is malayalam.

Attached is the photo opf Vijay Nambiar , who is an Indian Diplomat in UN and was the Chief of Staff under UN secretary General Ban ki Moon.He holds the rank of Under Secretary General and is a senior staff of UN.He belongs to the Nambiar(Nair) Community of Kerala and is a Dravidian ie malayalam is his mother tongue.

Attached is the Photo of Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam & R.Venkataraman. Both fromer Presidents of India and belong to Tamilnadu a south Indian state they both are dravidians ie Tamil is their mother tongue.Venkataraman is a brahmin and belong to iyer caste of South Indian Brahmins & kalam is a South Indian Muslim.

Attached is the photo of E.M.S.Namboothiripad former Chief minister of Kerala.He belongs to the Nambudiri Brahmin community of Kerala.He is a dravidian ie malayalam is his mother tongue.
genetically all these people are very close to each other but skin colour may vary, but even their features are similar irrespective of their castes.
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2010 at 08:25
Originally posted by ranjithvnambiar

Negritos in India are mainly in Andaman and Nicobar islands(Andamanese & Nicobarese)They have austronesian people too.
dravidian like aryan as per my understanding is not a term used to indicate a race.
Dravidian is a term used to indicate people who speak the languages rthat originated in South India or basically from Tamil.
 Thank you for the clarification regarding Dravidian being a language family and not an ethnic group.  I think, however, that the indigenous people on the Nicobar Islands are an isolated Asiatic (Mongoloid) people and are not Negritos like the Addaman Islanders.

As a side note, I think one of the Indian mega billionaires may have some Australoid features.  Is he from a south Indian as well?

Edited by Cryptic - 29-Jul-2010 at 08:37
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ranjithvnambiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2010 at 08:59
Firstly I dont recollect South India having any mega billionaires
If you are speaking about Ambani then He is a Gujarati and belongs to Junagadh.
The Bhotto family belonged to Junagadh province of Gujarat.
In fact they were Nawabs of Junagadh and after Junagadh was annexed to India they migrated to Pakistan.Muhammed Ali Jinnah's family hails from Kutch or Kathiawar which is just north to Junagadh(say 50km).Ambani is having a dark complexion but he doesnt looklike having austroloid features
And If you are Speaking about Mittals Then They belong to Haryana a north Indian state close to Punjab.Mittals too doesnt seem to have the austroloid features.

Ya i was wrong to mention Andamanese & Nicobarese together, Nicobarese are Austronesians.And both groups as per my understanding migrated to their respective habitats from Africa.So calling one of them as indigineous doesnt make sense to me.
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2010 at 09:09

.Mittals too doesnt seem to have the austroloid features.
What about the global steel mogul ( think he lives in Switzerland), or have you already mentioned him?  

Ya i was wrong to mention Andamanese & Nicobarese together, Nicobarese are Austronesians.And both groups as per my understanding migrated to their respective habitats from Africa.So calling one of them as indigineous doesnt make sense to me.
Yes, both groups are clearly indigenous.  I was just pointing out that the Addamanese and the Nicobarese belong to two different racial groups.

Edited by Cryptic - 29-Jul-2010 at 09:11
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ranjithvnambiar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2010 at 09:11
These photos that I have attached above,I dont think that even one of them is bearing austroloid features.Austroloids of India mainly belongs to the tribal areas.And majority of the scheduled tribes are in the states of Madhya Pradesh,Chattisgadh,Jharkhand,Bihar & Orissa.People with mongoloid as well as austronesian features you can find in Assam,Meghalaya,Manipur,Mizoram & Tripura.
Sander View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote Sander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2010 at 14:05

No. Nicobarese is officially classified as Austro-Asiatic ( Mon-Khmer division) , see below link.  Austronesian is another family.

pakistanpride View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Troll

Quote pakistanpride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2012 at 16:27
Maaaaan Balochi u are so dillusional!! I am a pakistani from islamabad. I feel like you honestly need to go back to school or something because ypur arguements dont make sense at all.
These ancient cities like Mohenjo Daro and the Harrappa civilisation existed waaaaaayyyyy before the founding of our country and even India so to say that it is only pakistani culture is moronic and stupid of you. These people migrated to various regions all over south asia.

And as for skin colour, seriously dude go open a genetics book or something coz u clearly dont know what your talking about. I have fair skin and green eyes while my mother ( who btw is my biological mother) has darker skin and brown eyes and my father has slightly fairer skin and brown eyes. What now are u gna say that they are not pakistani just coz they are darker??

There are so many dark pakistanis and so many fair indians. Its a 50 50 deal bro. just how some europeans are darker than others.

Frankly i suggest that u go educate yourself before u argue with people and pls for heavens sake your giving the rest of us pakistanis a bad name. 

And stop hating on indians coz im pretty sure your ancesters are indian. YOUR THE ONE WHO SOUNDS JEALOUS OF THEM
PakistaniShield View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2012 at 17:24
Originally posted by pakistanpride

Maaaaan Balochi u are so dillusional!! I am a pakistani from islamabad. I feel like you honestly need to go back to school or something because ypur arguements dont make sense at all.
These ancient cities like Mohenjo Daro and the Harrappa civilisation existed waaaaaayyyyy before the founding of our country and even India so to say that it is only pakistani culture is moronic and stupid of you. These people migrated to various regions all over south asia.

And as for skin colour, seriously dude go open a genetics book or something coz u clearly dont know what your talking about. I have fair skin and green eyes while my mother ( who btw is my biological mother) has darker skin and brown eyes and my father has slightly fairer skin and brown eyes. What now are u gna say that they are not pakistani just coz they are darker??

There are so many dark pakistanis and so many fair indians. Its a 50 50 deal bro. just how some europeans are darker than others.

Frankly i suggest that u go educate yourself before u argue with people and pls for heavens sake your giving the rest of us pakistanis a bad name. 

And stop hating on indians coz im pretty sure your ancesters are indian. YOUR THE ONE WHO SOUNDS JEALOUS OF THEM

I seriously doubt you're a Pakistani. You have only one post and it's so defensive of Indians. I'm pretty sure this is an indian impersonating as a Pakistani. Could also be a muhajir.

Edited by PakistaniShield - 10-Jun-2012 at 01:10
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2012 at 21:00
Whoever he is, he's very disrespectful. If he wants to attack Pakistanishield he'd better come up with some convincing evidence
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Troll

Quote pakistanpride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2012 at 04:34
Wow pakistanshield would you like to check my birth records or that of my parents to be completely sure of my ethnicity or would u rather do a DNA test to check???

ive been brought up in Toronto, Canada and quite frankly my family still keeps in touch with our culture and relgion. My best friend is an Indian and honeslty when I met him i though he was pakistani. 

Honestly you clamin to promote pakistani pride yet your discriminating between us? Thats very smart on your part :/

U seem to have something against Mohajirs! Who are just as much a part of our country as the rest of us.

You may want to change your user name now!
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Troll

Quote pakistanpride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2012 at 04:38
and honestly where it comes to defending indians? So what?? Ur the one who seems to be attacking them! I dont want them all to think that the rest of us pakistanis are indian haters like u!
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2012 at 18:17
I'm not even going to bother replying to this. Not worth my attention.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2012 at 20:20
Originally posted by pakistanpride

Wow pakistanshield would you like to check my birth records or that of my parents to be completely sure of my ethnicity or would u rather do a DNA test to check???

ive been brought up in Toronto, Canada and quite frankly my family still keeps in touch with our culture and relgion. My best friend is an Indian and honeslty when I met him i though he was pakistani. 

Honestly you clamin to promote pakistani pride yet your discriminating between us? Thats very smart on your part :/

U seem to have something against Mohajirs! Who are just as much a part of our country as the rest of us.

You may want to change your user name now!

Pakistanpride, unless you tone down the rudeness, we'll be forced to take corrective action. Trolls don't last long here
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2012 at 01:08
Do whatever you feel is necessary Nick1986. I've got no objections. Thank you

Edited by PakistaniShield - 10-Jun-2012 at 04:23
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2012 at 10:28
At first I thought this might be someone from the "other site".  It is vaguely familiar in style to Sparten, except that Sparten lives in Islamabad and this person has an ip from Dubais.

Regardless, tone it down or............       

This is the type of posting we don't need.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2012 at 07:38
The Pakistanis i know have lighter skin than Indians and look more like Arabs than Asians. Some even have fair hair
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2012 at 18:00
Originally posted by Nick1986

The Pakistanis i know have lighter skin than Indians and look more like Arabs than Asians. Some even have fair hair

it depends. Some Pakistanis look like Arabs others not. 'Asian" is collectively a geographic term. This is why Pakistanis are different from Indians, because while the geography is same, the history and culture is different.

it's much like Turkey and Europe. While geographically in Europe, Turkey's modern people are very distinct from Europeans.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2012 at 07:53
Could the difference be due to intermarriage with Muslim colonists? Once an area converts to Islam, the people tend to only marry other Muslims
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2012 at 23:34
Originally posted by Nick1986

Could the difference be due to intermarriage with Muslim colonists? Once an area converts to Islam, the people tend to only marry other Muslims

I used to think that until haplogroup maps showed me otherwise. Arab genetic influence is very low in Pakistan and limited to the southern areas.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2012 at 08:28
What about Persians from Iran? It would explain the fair skin of many Afghans and Pakistanis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>