Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The American/Lebbonese, Helen!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Airhead View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Airhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The American/Lebbonese, Helen!
    Posted: 20-Jul-2010 at 12:21
Sorry I missed this earlier.  I would not like to be like Iran.  Iran doesn't have Jesus at the reigns.
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2010 at 14:45
Originally posted by Airhead

Sorry I missed this earlier.  I would not like to be like Iran.  Iran doesn't have Jesus at the reigns.

So you want the US to become a Christian theocracy? Havent you learned from the example of other theocracies? Its not going to turn out well, whether Jesus has the reigns or someone else.
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2010 at 17:52
TGS, I have to give it to you! You pull no punches, you show no mercy, and you have no respect for anyone!

As Chef Ramsey might say; F--k Off!"
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2010 at 17:41
Originally posted by opuslola

TGS, I have to give it to you! You pull no punches, you show no mercy, and you have no respect for anyone!

As Chef Ramsey might say; F--k Off!"

Is this the last post to this thread?  

I think it is very important that we practice 3 rules.

1.  We respect everyone because we are respectful people.
2.  We act with dignity and protect the dignity of others.
3.  We act with integrity.

When we violate these rules, we risk offending someone and ruining a thread.  People of quality who have something worth saying, tend to pull away from from what is rude and crude and socially unacceptable, and the thread is then hurt by loosing them.  Others, will return the insult and then the thread is taken totally off topic and that ruins the thread too.  

When we follow the rules we are being honorable, and think how the world would be if we all honored one another.   Might this lead to everyone feeling good about themselves and others?
We might regain feelings of trust and honor.  

Might we know that Lebanon has been Christian, and Muslims do know of Jesus.  The more educated we become, the more likely it is we will maintain a high standard of good manners and diplomacy.   Hopefully, people from around the world will feel welcomed here, and we will have an opportunity to learn from all of them.   Let us avoid throwing stones, and offending others.   Smile

Edited by Carol - 23-Jul-2010 at 17:51
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2010 at 18:02
Its opuslola, dont worry about it. Everyone knows how he acts. Just leave him be.I dont let it get to me, and you shouldnt either! LOL I'm willing to continue the discussion if you are, I just dont respond to posts like that, and I know he just wants the last word so I give it to him most of the time.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 23-Jul-2010 at 18:02
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123