Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The American/Lebbonese, Helen!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The American/Lebbonese, Helen!
    Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 15:52
Will any one here bemone the "retirement" of the "bitch" called Helen Thomas?

To me, she has been brain dead for at least 20 years!

Good riddence!

RIP Helen!

I am just glad that I no longer have to see Presidents and other administration speakers, have to make any response to your racist self!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 16:04
One of the few journalists out there who actually does her job, and guess what? Shes forced into retirement for saying that the Israeli's should get out of Palestine. What a shame, are we living in the United States of Israel? Sure seems like that some times.

For those of you who don't know who she is, this woman that Opuslola calls a "bitch" was a pioneer for women and a very respected author and journalist.

Helen Thomas (born August 4, 1920) is an American author and a former news service reporter, Hearst Newspapers columnist,[2] and member of the White House Press Corps. She served for fifty-seven years as a correspondent and, later, White House bureau chief for United Press International (UPI). Thomas covered every president of the United States since the later years of the Eisenhower administration, coming to the forefront with John F. Kennedy. She was the first female officer of the National Press Club, the first female member and president of the White House Correspondents Association, and, in 1975, the first female member of the Gridiron Club. She has written five books; her latest with co-author Craig Crawford is Listen Up, Mr. President: Everything You Always Wanted Your President to Know and Do.

She was forced into retirement for the following reason:

On May 27, 2010, outside a White House Jewish heritage event, Rabbi David Nesenoff asked if Thomas had any comments on Israel. Thomas replied, "Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine... Remember, these people are occupied, and it's their land."[14] She was then asked where the Israelis should go, to which she replied: "they should go home" to "Poland, Germany,... America and everywhere else."[15][16]

So if you support the Palestinian cause in any way and you want the Israeli's to end their occupation of Palestine, you may lose your job, be careful, the Israeli's evidently have more power in this country than our own government.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 07-Jun-2010 at 16:19
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 16:06
She has been brain dead for twenty years, how about you?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 16:13
If she was brain did she wouldn't be able to function at all, she'd be a vegetable, as would I, and the fact that I have been posting on here for months, and that fact that she's still very much alive, is testament to the fact that I am indeed not brain dead.

Look up brain death in Wikipedia for more information.
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 17:12
Funny, the first initials mentioned were TGS!

Just don't mess with my Israel!

Or, with my Lebanese?

At least there used to be a Christian Lebanon?

Funny isn't it, Mississippi is just full of them!

This woman, however, has been "nuts" for many years!

If "she" had been a "he", then "he" would have been run out of the "Press Club", many years ago! Much less, allowed into the interview room of any president!

Sorry women of the world, you have not lost a spokesperson! You have only lost a "nut!" Be glad!

Regards,

You are just too young to know!

Edited by opuslola - 07-Jun-2010 at 17:17
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 08:59
Originally posted by opuslola

She has been brain dead for twenty years, how about you?

Oh my, I really want to avoid an unpleasant experience, and I am glad the moderating policy here seems very liberal.  But the above is most certainly a personal attack, and before this, a woman was called a "bitch".   Perhaps we should discuss boundaries and the harm of crossing them, especially within a feminist forum.  

I have been around people who see nothing wrong with using the word "bitch" and I am glad I no longer have reason to associate with them.  I can not think of an equal word for males, so I perceive the word as a verbal weapon, with no male counterpart.  This is not okay with me.   The people I have known who used this word, were abusive in many ways.  Liberal is a good thing.  So is water a good thing, but we can have too much of both.   Then what is good becomes harmful.  

I want to add, I think freedom of speech is one of the most important things to have and I am really frightened by the turn the US has taken, causing people to loss their jobs because someone doesn't like what they are say.  Saying the Jews should get out of Israel is a political comment that should be protected.  Saying something offensive about Jews, calling the swine of something like that, is an attack that is not acceptable.  The difference is very important. 

Edited by Carol - 08-Jul-2010 at 09:11
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 09:13
I completely agree with you Carol. Helen Thomas was a very accomplished person and a pioneer for women, someone all girls should look up to and admire. Its a shame what happened to her, and its a shame that anyone would even think of calling that woman a "bitch".

Also, Opuslola says a lot of ridiculous things, and he has made sexist comments in the past, its best to just ignore him when he makes such comments, do not let him bait you into anything that could get you into trouble.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 08-Jul-2010 at 09:15
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 09:16
Sorry Carol, for the use of the pejorative word! I must really be more careful! Perhaps I should have merely said; "Demented?", or suffering from the early stages of dementia?

Certainly, if she had proposed a "conservative" attitude over the last twenty or so years, and said something just as outrageous, she might have not lasted as long as she did?

I mean by the above, that Miss Thomas, has made it a habit to ask strange questions and make strange comments for a long time, and she was also regularly pointed out by various Presidents, even when they knew they might be asked a very strange question, and She was no doubt a Liberal Democrat!

I rather doubt that a confirmed Conservative Republican female reporter whould have been able to hold the job for so long! (think Ann Coulter?)

So, again, I apologize! I will not use that word except to describe the sex of a dog! Where it is still appropriate! Or is it?

Oh! Did I mention that her words were certainly "Anti-Semitic!", does that make her, from a Muslim background, a racist?

I certainly think so!

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 08-Jul-2010 at 09:37
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 09:42
Originally posted by Carol

I want to add, I think freedom of speech is one of the most important things to have and I am really frightened by the turn the US has taken, causing people to loss their jobs because someone doesn't like what they are say.  Saying the Jews should get out of Israel is a political comment that should be protected.  Saying something offensive about Jews, calling the swine of something like that, is an attack that is not acceptable.  The difference is very important. 

Very good points. An elderly reporter makes a mild comment that is critical of Israel and is forced to resign the next day.  Interesting the coversation prior to the comment had been edited by the activist group.  It is entirely possible that Helen Thomas had been provoked and then her response illustrated.

Helen Thomas aside, giving Israel or anybody else a blank check of support over a forty year period has been our dumbest foreign policy mistakeOuch.  (except for invading IraqConfused)

Oh! Did I mention that her words were certainly "Anti-Semitic!", does that make her, from a Muslim background, a racist?
Not all arabs are Muslim. Judging from her name, she is a Lebanese Christian.  Helen Thomas and the Israelis (especially the indigenous sephardic Jews) are of the same racial back ground.

Edited by Cryptic - 08-Jul-2010 at 09:50
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 09:50

I certainly think so!

Regards,

So saying that Jews should get out of Palestine is anti-Semetic? How is that anti-Semetic, please explain.

Also Helen Thomas is Greek Orthodox and comes from a Christian background, you assuming that she is Muslim simply because she condemned Israeli actions in Palestine is, in my opinion, quite racist itself!

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 08-Jul-2010 at 09:56
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 10:06
Yes, maybe I was a little tough on her?

This site tends to defend her well.

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/is_helen_thomas_an_anti-semite/

Regards,
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 13:56
Cryptic, you wrote above;
"Not all arabs are Muslim. Judging from her name, she is a Lebanese Christian. Helen Thomas and the Israelis (especially the indigenous sephardic Jews) are of the same racial back ground."

Just why would you consider them as "indigenous?"

From Wikipedia;

"Definition

A Sephardi Jew is a Jew who follows the customs and traditions followed by Jews who lived in the Iberian Peninsula (modern Spain and Portugal) before their expulsion in the late 15th century. This includes both the descendants of Jews expelled from Spain under the Alhambra decree of 1492, or from Portugal by order of King Manuel I in 1497, and the descendants of crypto-Jews who left the Peninsula in later centuries to North Africa, Asia Minor, the Philippines and elsewhere around the world, and the descendants of crypto-Jews who remained in Iberia. In modern times, the term has also been applied to Jews who may not have been born Sephardi (or even Jewish) but attend Sephardic synagogues and practice Sephardic traditions. Today there are around 12,000 Jews in Spain and 2,500 in Portugal[1] (although it must be taken account that, when expelled from Portugal, Jews were allowed to stay if they converted to Christianity, resulting in a big percentage being assimilated in the Portuguese population. See: History of the Jews in Portugal). There is also a community of 600 in Gibraltar.[2] These are not necessarily Sephardi as defined above.

The name comes from Sepharad (Hebrew: ספרד, Modern Səfarád Tiberian Səp̄aráḏ / Səp̄āraḏ ; Turkish: Sefarad), a Biblical location.[3] This was probably the "Saparda" mentioned in Persian inscriptions: the location of that is disputed, but may have been Sardis in Asia Minor. "Sepharad" was identified by later Jews as the Iberian Peninsula, and still means "Spain" in modern Hebrew.

For religious purposes, and in modern Israel, "Sephardim" is often incorrectly used in a wider sense to include most Jews of Asian and African origin, who use a Sephardic style of liturgy. This article is mostly concerned with Sephardim in the narrower ethnic sense, rather than in this broader Modern Israeli Hebrew definition. See also: Jewish ethnic divisions.

The term Sephardi can also describe the nusach (Hebrew language, "liturgical tradition") used by Sephardi Jews in their Siddur (prayer book). A nusach is defined by a liturgical tradition's choice of prayers, order of prayers, text of prayers and melodies used in the singing of prayers. Sephardim traditionally pray using Minhag Sefarad, which is quite similar to Nusach Edot haMizrach (liturgy of the Eastern Congregations). For more details of the Sephardic liturgy see Sephardic Judaism.

Note that the term Nusach Sefard or Nusach Sfarad does not refer to the liturgy generally recited by Sephardim, but rather to an alternative Eastern European liturgy used by many Hasidim.

Divisions
Historically, Sephardim are those Jews associated with the Iberian Peninsula."

Thus, they also had to be recent emigrants to Canaan! At least by the times presented to us as the Hebrew history promote. So, what is the difference? 60 years or 500 years, just what makes one indigenous? My family has been in America since the 1630's, does that make me an indigenous American, as opposed to another family that has only been here for 80 years?

As regards her right to say what she wants, I totally support her! But, to suggest another "disapora?", of the Jews? It is non-sense and you know it and TGS knows it! Surely foolish or stupid speech is protected, but she apologized and resigned! Was her arm twisted, of course, but to defend her statement is foolish, and most any reasonable person knows it!

If there exists any large group or recent migrants, into the lands now governed by Israel it is the large group of the so called "Palestinians" who were forceable removed from either Syria or Jordan, by their "Arab" masters, and deported into those lands where there exists no proof they ever lived!

So, you can't really blame the Israeli's for continuing the movement of a people who basically hate everyone! Just like the group of like minded and related persons who basically ruined Lebanon!

If these people are so supressed, why do not the Arabic/Moslem neighbors offer their cousins a "safe harbor?" The reason, those people seem to have no ability to "reason!" Their Arabic neighbors know it, and Israel knows it, and we should know it!

Of course, like most of the time, it is mostly the leaders the mass of the populace supports, are the ones that cannot be trusted! The average Palestinian is mostly just like us! Stupid!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 15:23

As regards her right to say what she wants, I totally support her! But, to suggest another "disapora?", of the Jews? It is non-sense and you know it and TGS knows it! Surely foolish or stupid speech is protected, but she apologized and resigned! Was her arm twisted, of course, but to defend her statement is foolish, and most any reasonable person knows it!

Her statement was not foolish at all, Zionism must end and the Israeli's need to get out of occupied Palestine, and until then the Palestinians have a right to self defense.

If there exists any large group or recent migrants, into the lands now governed by Israel it is the large group of the so called "Palestinians" who were forceable removed from either Syria or Jordan, by their "Arab" masters, and deported into those lands where there exists no proof they ever lived!

That is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard! Palestinians were for the most part forced out of their homes by Jews in the 1948 war and the millions living in Syria, Jordan, and Lebanon have never been allowed to return by Israel, they are still there, they were never "kicked out".

So, you can't really blame the Israeli's for continuing the movement of a people who basically hate everyone! Just like the group of like minded and related persons who basically ruined Lebanon!

The Jews hate you too buddy, you're going to hell according to them, and there is no saving you, not even conversion.

Its funny, I saw this documentary about Evangelical support for Israel (political and monetary) in the US and they also interviewed Israeli Rabbi's who said that they would gladly take their money and support but that they were still all doomed to hell. LOL

If these people are so supressed, why do not the Arabic/Moslem neighbors offer their cousins a "safe harbor?" The reason, those people seem to have no ability to "reason!" Their Arabic neighbors know it, and Israel knows it, and we should know it!

Because its THEIR home. Thats like saying that if Americans were oppressed, they should simply move to Canada, Britain, or Australia. Would you leave your house, your land, the land of your forefathers?

Hell, if you truly believe in your own words, why dont you go back to Europe and give the Native Americans their land back.

Of course, like most of the time, it is mostly the leaders the mass of the populace supports, are the ones that cannot be trusted! The average Palestinian is mostly just like us! Stupid!

The average Palestinian is NOTHING like you, you and people who think like you are no better than any of the other oppressors in history.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 16:03
TGS, in his rant above wrote this about me!

"Hell, if you truly believe in your own words, why dont you go back to Europe and give the Native Americans their land back."

Hey, paleface, I am part Native American! Why don't you leave?

I am sure Canada would like to have you!

Or at least, some Canadians, mostly those living in Quebec! Eh?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 16:05

TGS, in his rant above wrote this about me!

"Hell, if you truly believe in your own words, why dont you go back to Europe and give the Native Americans their land back."

Hey, paleface, I am part Native American! Why don't you leave?

I am sure Canada would like to have you!

Or at least, some Canadians, mostly those living in Quebec! Eh?

How much Native American do you have in you? Just because one of your ancestors may have been Native American gives you no claim to any of their land, because you surely do not consider yourself Native American.

Like I said, if you believe that the Israeli's are justified in taking Palestinian land because Jews happened to live in the area thousands of years ago, then you must also be willing to give up your land to the Native Americans. If a Native American came to your house tomorrow and demanded you leave, would you leave?
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 16:23
TGS, you must soon come back to reality? Just how much African American blood, was enough to be called a "Negro?"

Get a grip son!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 16:39
Oh, all of a sudden Opuslola is Native American.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 17:31
TGS, "all of a sudden" found out;

"Oh, all of a sudden Opuslola is Native American."   But that is nothing I have hidden within this site! As a matter of fact, I think I have mentioned it a couple of times!

But, of what difference does it make? I can mostly assure you it is true on my mothers side, and if you ever saw my father and his sister, then you might well assume, as I have, that his family also had Native American blood!

You must note, that this is not uncommon in the Southern U.S.! I would guess that fully one third of all of the families who have resided in the South for over 150 years, would or could, also claim it!

So, big deal!

Do you think that Southern raised people of Native American ancestory are much different from the rest?

Edited by opuslola - 08-Jul-2010 at 17:33
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 18:24
Am I  understanding, Opuslola, correctly?  The reason, Opuslola, for your negative words about Helen Thomas is her position on Israel?  Your words have nothing to do with hostile feelings towards women and elderly people in general?  You have no other reason for opposing Helen Thomas than her position on Israel?  

So the subject of this thread is the Israel and Palestine issue?  I am willing to discuss that issue, if doing so is not seen as taking this thread off topic.  I would begin with the total outrage of the British using Jews to secure this region for the UK and in general its imperialistic attitude towards indigenous people.  I would continue to argue how wrong it was to not give everyone in this region the rights of democracy, when the Palestinians asked for the right,  and explain why the Jews strongly opposed a democracy that included the right of the Palestinian vote.  I am clearly on the side of the Palestinians, and I am also in favor of declaring the Six Nations Iroquois Confederacy a separate nation as well.   As human beings we now fill the whole global and face exhaustion of vital resources such as good farm land and water, as will as gold, oil and high quality iron ore, etc.,  we either enter a New Age of Reason, liberty and justice, or we become unworthy of the support of this planet.  

Edited by Carol - 08-Jul-2010 at 18:34
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2010 at 07:38

we either enter a New Age of Reason, liberty and justice, or we become unworthy of the support of this planet.  

Who gets to define "reason", "liberty" and "justice"? What actions are to be taken against those who oppose these concepts as defined by the uhmm... "community"?  Can it be severe action, as they are purportedly putting the planet at risk?

Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot also foretold the need to enter a new age "justice" or become unworthy of the support of "the volk" or "the people".

I would begin with the total outrage of the British using Jews to secure this region for the UK and in general its imperialistic attitude towards indigenous people.   
Good point on the British use of Jewish people.  They were trying to copy the method the French used in Algeria.

As far as imperealism goes, more than a few Africans would argue that the British and French colonial systems were better than the indigenous governments which replaced them.

Edited by Cryptic - 09-Jul-2010 at 07:53
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>