Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kurds are German?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author
Messopotamian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Messopotamian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurds are German?
    Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 10:29
Kurds are genetically german ? I read in internet.Hitler says " Kurds are Germanic "

Kurds have Blonde hair , blue eye
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 13:33
oooops i am kurd and  lookDisapprove more italian rather than germanShocked i don't like german food!!Confused
 i am not blond and have brown hair and brown eyes and i love pizza and spagettiBig smile. damned hitlerTongue he wasen't blond himsef he had darker hair than meShockedLOL

Edited by kalhur - 22-Apr-2010 at 14:34
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 15:14
Both of you have good points! But, rather than using the term "German" would it not be more correct to use the term "Goth?" Certainly the origin of the so called "gothic" tribes both the Eastern and Western varieties offer enough leeway to consider that they at one time entered all of the areas you guys could consider!

Of course some of those other wild and crazy groups our historians have moving in and out of Europe and Asia, over the centuries might well also be the origin of a lot of you?

Regards,

Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 16:48
No Kurds are not German, this is the first time I've ever heard this.  Kurds look mostly like other Iranians.  
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 16:58
if we change the direction like germans my have some median(kurdish-lorish) origin may sound more acceptable.
it is a known historical and even DNA fact that majority of european with IE origin have their  origin from migrating  IE tribes comming from asia like  greater iran , but saying kurds have a german origin sounds not realDisapprove hitler said a lot of lies like all populist politicians do. 
they are all the sameTongue. the young german nation needed  som glorious history they found  the lingustic simmilarity with iranian peoples like pers and medes with very rich historical and cultural heritage , then  they hi- jacked all mesopetamian and persian  history for using it for their racial theories and political propaganda.Wink hitler was very jalous of italians for their rich historical heritage and he wanted to show to mousoilini that germans had even better historical heritageLOL

Edited by kalhur - 22-Apr-2010 at 17:17
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 20:40
Why would we even consider the words of one maniac who was not a historian, anthropologist, archaeologist or a geneticist? 

The only criteria he would have considered was the linguistic.  Kurds speak Iranic language/dialects.   Their languages are related to Persian.   I am reminded that the Nazis convinced the Persians to change the name of their country to Iran to accent their Aryan origin.  Hence, since he considered the Persians and Kurds as "Aryans" and since he considered the Germanics as "Aryans", presto, Kurds were Germanic!!! 
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 00:07
if hitler knew some thing about genetic , then he could never hated slavs as he didBig smile. actually slavic people in reality have much more iranian(aryan) y hg than germans do.
the highest% of R1a1 in europe is in belarussia and polen and among sorbs living  in germany Shocked  and not germans, which was the purest aryans according to himOuch and actually jews from polen maybe  have been more aryan than germansShocked

Edited by kalhur - 23-Apr-2010 at 00:10
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 00:54
sharrukin
the name iran had existed in very long time before that time when iran officially changed name from persia to iran. 
in shahnameh which is one of most important cultural document in iran. 
 the word  IRAN ZAMIN . has always been used for actuall iran and there iranian tribes lived. maybe you are right about the motivation in 1920-1930 , but it wasen't invented in recent time, beeing iranian dosen't signify to being citizen of iran as country . it was a term used by nearly all iranian tribes in the past from afganistan to kavkaz!!in 1930 it become only name for iran as country.
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 03:40
Originally posted by kalhur

oooops i am kurd and  lookDisapprove more italian rather than germanShocked i don't like german food!!Confused
 i am not blond and have brown hair and brown eyes and i love pizza and spagettiBig smile. damned hitlerTongue he wasen't blond himsef he had darker hair than meShockedLOL

Yes, but there are many Germans which look like Italians, and many Italians which look like Germans. If I`ll used football players for example (like ever before on this forum Wink) It`ll be something like that:

Francesco Totti

Michael Ballack

kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 05:21
 i see !! now i understnd  why pizza and spagetuei are the most popular dishes in germany Wink and sauer kraut is so poular in italiaLOLthere is always a scientic Lampand logical explanation for evry thingWink

Edited by kalhur - 23-Apr-2010 at 05:28
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 07:06
Like the name of "Cyrus" (Kurosh), "Aryan" is also one of forgotten Persian words, you can hardly find this word in the post-Islamic Persian texts before 19th century, I also doubt that anyone knew "Iran" and "Aryan" could be related words, of course I think Iranians knew that it meant "noble", for example Ferdosi in Shahnameh says "از ايرانم از تخم آزادگان" ("az Iran-am, az toxme azadegan" = I'm from Iran, from noble race).

It can be true to say Persia and Iran are also related, however Persians never called their country Persia but Persian-speaking people like Amir Khusrau Dehlavi in India or Nezami Ganjavi in north of modern Azerbaijan, have talked about Iran as their country, so Iran was certainly a country so much larger than modern Iran, I love this poem by Nezami Ganjavi:

همه عالم تنست و ايران دل
The whole word is a body and Iran is its heart

Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 09:00
Cyrus Shahmiri, Iran is not the only country in the world which used form of ancient IE word "Arya" for it`s name. Irish called their country Eire and this coming from name of their legendary ancestors-the Erainn folk. Old Irish form of word Eire is Ériu.

Edited by Kanas_Krumesis - 23-Apr-2010 at 09:02
Emil_Diniyev View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 09:51
edit........

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 23-Apr-2010 at 10:39
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 10:39
Originally posted by Kanas_Krumesis

Cyrus Shahmiri, Iran is not the only country in the world which used form of ancient IE word "Arya" for it`s name. Irish called their country Eire and this coming from name of their legendary ancestors-the Erainn folk. Old Irish form of word Eire is Ériu.

I believe the name of Arya/Aira mostly relate to Iranian-speaking people, for example you know that Ossetians also call themselves Iron, but about Irish people, according to this website: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=Irish Old Irish Eriu is from Old Celtic *Iveriu which means "good land", of course it is really possible that Érin (Ireland) and Éran (Pahlavi name of Iran) have the same origin.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 10:51
Originally posted by Emil_Diniyev

edit........

The name Eran was around long before that.  It first appeared during the Sassanids dynasty.

http://www.heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrianism/iranpersia/index.htm

First Use of the Name Iran

We find the first use of the name Eran as a name for the Aryan nation in the rock inscriptions of the Persian Sassanian kings (who ruled from 226 to 651 ACE). These inscription can still be seen at Naqsh-e-Rustam, a historical site containing royal tombs, and some 12 km northwest of the ancient Persian capital city of Persepolis in Pars. In the inscriptions, King Ardeshir I (226-241 ACE) is referred to as king of kings of Eran.

Ardeshir's son and successor King Shahpur (241-272 ACE) began to establish a second Persian empire and is referred to as king of kings of Eran and An-eran i.e. Aryan and non-Aryan kingdoms such as Syria, Cappadocia, and Cilicia. The words Eran-shahr meaning 'place of the Aryans' and a modern version of Airyana Vaeja, was also used by the Sassanians in describing the Iranian nation. These words would evolve to Iran-shahr.

The west continued to call Eran 'Persia', presumably out of habit and because the rulers were Persian, a tradition that continued until the reign of Reza Shah Pahlavi. In 1935 CE, Reza Shah asked those countries with whom Iran had diplomatic relations, to stop using the name Persia and formally refer to the country as Iran. Some map-makers and authors were slow to change and the name Persia continued to be used as an informal name in place of the more formal name, Iran.

Pars (Arabized as Fars - see below), the ancient seat of the Persian empire, was now a province within Iran. Pars was no longer used as the location of the country's capital. In the years following the Arab invasion of Iran, a 17th century CE king of the Safavid dynasty made his residence in the north-central Iranian town of Tehran. Later, in 1795 CE, the Qajar kings formally made Tehran Iran's capital, a position Tehran has held since then.

Plus the word Aryan was used by Iranians over 2,000 years ago.

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/darius/darius_inscription_naqshe_rostam.php

I am Darius the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage.   Darius The Great

Edited by Ince - 23-Apr-2010 at 10:53
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 12:22
About the topic, you can look at one of the longest threads in AE: Is Germanic a subgroup of the Iranian languages?

There was an original Indo-European language, this language was spread to a vast region in Asia and Europe and for some reasons some sound changes occurred, these changes could happen gradually, for example if we compare Old, Middle and Modern Persian languages then we can see that "th" sound has been changed to "h" and there is already no "th" sound in Modern Persian, Mithra -> Mihr, Spithra -> Sepehr (Sphere), Xshathra -> Shahr (city), ...

We can ask that is "G" or "J" sound in the word "German"? In Greek gyne means "woman" but in Kurdish that is jin/zjin, in Persian zan and Slavic zena but in Germanic that is kwen/ken (English queen), so like several other words, "g" has been changed to "k" in the Germanic languages, but does "ken" mean "woman" in the Iranian languages too? What is the origin of Persian kaniz or Kurdish kenishk?
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 12:53
 ravanshad ferdosi tusi the greatest of all iranian poets used the term iran-zamin almost 1000 years ago, then iran was the name of the coutry or countries there iranian lived, nothing invented for pleasing europeansTongue
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 13:02
Sultan-Mahmud-Ghaznawi.jpgsultan mahmmod ghaznavi  son of spuk-tekin was proud of
his iranian origin , despite he was turk. he proclaimed himself off spring of YAZDGERD the last sasanid king and loved the dari(farsi) language tooBig smile as i said before the turks were so mixed with iranians that for 1000 years ago their king called himslef iranian not turanianBig smile 

Edited by kalhur - 23-Apr-2010 at 13:04
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 13:54
Originally posted by kalhur

ravanshad ferdosi tusi the greatest of all iranian poets used the term iran-zamin almost 1000 years ago, then iran was the name of the country or countries there iranian lived, nothing invented for pleasing europeansTongue
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 14:52
Originally posted by Messopotamian

Kurds are genetically german ? I read in internet.Hitler says " Kurds are Germanic "

Kurds have Blonde hair , blue eye

Now I am confused! so am I 1/4 German or Kurd???
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>