Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Muslims are a dangerous people?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Muslims are a dangerous people?!
    Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 11:53
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Originally posted by Athena

Only if it this threads stops over generalizing Muslims, and treats the terrorist groups as speparate groups, like the KKK is a separate group that does not represent the whole of Christianity, can this thread have any justification.

Those who act according to the Koran’s sentences in Iran and execute numerous people everyday are not terrorists, they call themselves Muslims and they are right, they have not done any non-Islamic thing, Islam says that they should kill sinners and they do it, so we can't blame them.

Why did you ignore what started this problem with Iran?  Come on, this is not an honest debate at all, because it has excluded so much infiormation, vital to the discussion, which is now about Iran, not the whole of Islam.  

Okay, the number of executions in Iran have increased.  The increase of exclusions is not caused by Islam, nor the Koran, but political conflict and people such as yourself who demand their leaders prove their strength.  Perhaps Obama should take up the practice of increasing executions to prove his strength to please those who call him weak?   Be clear about what is happening here.  It is politics and human begins demanding their leaders show signs of strength during this time of political conflict that is causing the problem.  I use this validation of increased executions to support my argument that is politics and humans demanding leaders show signs of sthrenth and not Islam causing the problem.

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 12:36

Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

Exactly! Generalizations, the very title of this thread is a generalization!

Muslims themselves have proved to be a dangerous people, look at the number of terrorist attacks in the different parts of the world, this is an undeniable fact, I have just asked about the reason of it.

Hinduism and Buddhism are completely different than the Abrahamic religions.

You are right, so the problem is Islam, like Christianity before reformation, and it not true that "the ideologies are all the same".

I'm not Muslim.

But I'm a Muslim, however I doubt Mullahs of Iran, even those grand Ayatollahs, support Islam as much as you do!

Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 12:52

Those are the older versions of Islam, for a long time Christianity was even more dangerous than Islam, numerous people were also killed in the name of the religion when the power was in the hand of the real Christians, but I think there is already no country, except Vatican, that the Christian clergy rule.

Ok, good, so you agree that the ideologies are all the same, so its not that Islam is the problem, its the mentality of the people thats the problem. Therefore, Islam cannot be blamed for Iran's problems, only Iranians can be blamed for Irans problems. Remember, Iran was no better when the secular shah was in power, and Iranians themselves put this government into power, no one forced it on them.

So you cannot blame Iran's problems on Islam, you can only blame the people themselves and Iranian culture for allowing such things to happen in Iran.

Great, except you totally missed all the history and politics involved, just as Cyrus has.   This is a history forum.  Where is the history?   Without it, there is nothing intellectual about this discussion.

How do I address this?  What is happening in Iran is about politics, not religion.  If you all want to discuss religion and what people believe, that should be in a theology forum.   What is happening here is over whelming ignorance of the history of politics of today's reality, and Satan himself could do a better job of bring hell to earth. 

You should not even be having the discussion in this thread without the history of the British Empire and how countries fought to throw off British control.  Then the very good relationship with Iran based on the Iranian belief that the US was liberating Iran from British control, and how that went sour when it became clear the US was not liberating Iran, but trying to move in and take over where Britian left off.   The US has used the CIA to instigate revolts in several countries, to then put their chosen leaders in power, and this is because of the conflict between communism and capitalism.  This includes arming Sadam to fight a war with Iran.  Reagan slashed domestic budgets and poured money into military spending, including granting arms to mid east countries, which destablized the mid east and escallated not only the likelihood of war, but also the destruction of war. 

The US put a brutal man in power in Iran, and unlike the Iraquis, the Iranians revolted against him.  They were able to do this because the religious leadership was strong enough to unite the people.  Now the Iranians are divided on if the Shaw was weak and didn't use enough force to suppress opposition, or if his brutality and use of force caused the opposition?   But there is no doubt it was the US that put him in power and that the US did this because of capitalist, oil interest and the competition with the USSR to control this region. 

We can not over look the importance of the conflict between the USSR and the US in the conflicts in the whole region.  This is a history forum, and the discussion here should be full of history.  Okay, we have major players to discuss, Britian, the USSR and the US.  We could even go further back to the Bagdhdad  Railroad and WWI and WWII.   For sure, the focus should be on history.  Without the history, what is happening here is absolutely no different than what happens in a Muslim terrorist camp.  If you want to know why people do this, look at yourself. 

Edited by Athena - 15-Nov-2010 at 12:54
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 12:54

Why did you ignore what started this problem with Iran?  Come on, this is not an honest debate at all, because it has excluded so much infiormation, vital to the discussion, which is now about Iran, not the whole of Islam.  

Okay, the number of executions in Iran have increased.  The increase of exclusions is not caused by Islam, nor the Koran, but political conflict and people such as yourself who demand their leaders prove their strength.  Perhaps Obama should take up the practice of increasing executions to prove his strength to please those who call him weak?   Be clear about what is happening here.  It is politics and human begins demanding their leaders show signs of strength during this time of political conflict that is causing the problem.  I use this validation of increased executions to support my argument that is politics and humans demanding leaders show signs of sthrenth and not Islam causing the problem.

No, the problem is the barbaric laws of Islam, people are being executed because of Irtidad (Apostasy), that is an Islamic law.
cavalry4ever View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Retired AE Moderator Emeritus

Quote cavalry4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 13:52
The Christians were burned at stake for being heretics. Exactly the same thing, except Western states grew out of it. Unless the society becomes secular and separates itself from religion, there is no hope. This requires an incredible evolution of society to the point where the religion itself is analyzed for its morality or immorality.
"Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul."
Mark Twain
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 13:58

Muslims themselves have proved to be a dangerous people, look at the number of terrorist attacks in the different parts of the world, this is an undeniable fact, I have just asked about the reason of it.

I'm not Muslim.

But I'm a Muslim, however I doubt Mullahs of Iran, even those grand Ayatollahs, support Islam as much as you do!

Wait, so Cyrus, you are dangerous?
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 14:44

Hinduism and Buddhism are completely different than the Abrahamic religions.

You are right, so the problem is Islam, like Christianity before reformation, and it not true that "the ideologies are all the same".

I'm not Muslim.

99% of of those attacks are because of reactions or revenge based on politics, where in the quran it says to blow up inocent people? 
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 15:08
Originally posted by cavalry4ever

The Christians were burned at stake for being heretics. Exactly the same thing, except Western states grew out of it. Unless the society becomes secular and separates itself from religion, there is no hope. This requires an incredible evolution of society to the point where the religion itself is analyzed for its morality or immorality.

This is true but does it still happen? This was also the fate of Muslim heretics and we did grow out of it but some parts of the world have not, as of yet.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 15:31

Originally posted by eaglecap

Now I know I was correct that whenever you point a finger you have three pointing back. I wonder who is the white hating racists and the white man is far from the only ones guilty of this, how many did the Japanese kill? I don't justify any killing by any group but Muslims have done their share also.
Exactly, Muslims who kill are no different then whites who kill or Japanese who kill, so how are you so insistent that Muslims are the bad guys when it could just as easily be said that whites are the bad guys?

It is estimated 80 million people were killed by Muslims during the Islamic Invasions of India. Like I said I don't care if someone wants to be a Muslim and it is their free choice as long as they respect other faiths, many do.
Ok, lets say that Muslims have killed about 100 million people in their 1000+ years of history (this is a huge stretch of the imagination but lets assume so anyways).In 1/10 of that time, 100 years, Whites have killed well more than 150 million people across the globe. So tell me, whose more dangerous?

Did they kill because they are the evil white man or did they come under the spell of some evil ideology like Nazism or Marxism (Stalin)?
White men have killed more many different reasons, INCLUDING THE REASON THAT THEY WERE WHITE, AND ALL OTHERS WERE INFERIOR.

Within the last hundred years the evil white man was not the only one doing the killing. Since the decline of the Ottoman Empire the Muslims were not in the position of power that Europeans were in and yes I don't deny evil was done on both sides. This does not speak for all Muslims and my hope is most only want to live and let live. You can find evil in all groups so please stop stereo typing the white man as the source of all evil. It is good that Cyrus, a Muslim, is asking these questions. The world needs people like him for Islam to reform in time or that is my hope. I am sorry you hate the white man but I don't agree with you. would you call this whitophobic- LOL

The last hundred years:
Sudan - over 2 million Christians and animist murdered by Muslims in the north.

Armenia- one million Christian Armenians killed by Turkish Muslims and god knows how many Greeks were murdered and dispossessed of their land.
East Timor: 250,000 Christians slaughtered by Muslims.

Since you believe the white man is so evil then what about the slaughter of Chinese (25+ million) by our favorite commie Chairman Mao or what about 2-3 million Cambodians killed by the wonderful Marxist Pol Pot.

God knows how many Hindus were killed by Muslims and vice versa.
I still suggest you read Defending the West by Ibn Warraq

If anyone can add to the list of the last 100 years please feel free to do so.

Edited by eaglecap - 15-Nov-2010 at 15:34
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
cavalry4ever View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Retired AE Moderator Emeritus

Quote cavalry4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 16:14
eaglecap - If we talk about killers in last 100 years, we do need to add some Europeans - they invented major league in this field:
WWI
WWII
Franco
Mussolini
Stalin
Hitler
Subjugation of independence movements in Africa, South-East Asia
A couple of nuclear bombs
one elective war
This should match several times over your list.
It looks like your list represents minor league (except for  Mao, he was playing majors).
"Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul."
Mark Twain
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 16:26
Then why the increase? 

The US and Iran were on good terms and we would not be having this discussion if that did not change. 

I am very concerned about the statment that Obama is weak, because I know darn well what is happening in Iran is leadership trying to prove they are different from the US and are strong.  Exactly how do strong people behave? 

Edited by Athena - 15-Nov-2010 at 16:30
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 16:27
Originally posted by cavalry4ever

eaglecap - If we talk about killers in last 100 years, we do need to add some Europeans - they invented major league in this field:
WWI
WWII
Franco
Mussolini
Stalin
Hitler
Subjugation of independence movements in Africa, South-East Asia
A couple of nuclear bombs
one elective war
This should match several times over your list.
It looks like your list represents minor league (except for  Mao, he was playing majors).

Yes I am aware of these names and
You are correct and ....
..I never denied that Europeans did evil but his premise seemed, or to me, that the only evil done in the last hundred years was by the white man. Islam was in a decline but even at that it has persecuted and killed many people, let alone the communist in China and Cambodia.

My contention is you can find evil in all races, creeds and beliefs.
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 16:35

Islam was in a deline when?  Right now it is rapidly growing.

I think we are still confusing religion with politics. 

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 16:40

Islam was in a deline when?  Right now it is rapidly growing.

I think we are still confusing religion with politics. 

After the decline of the Ottoman Empire in the 17th c but yes now it is on the rise. The final attempt to expand their empire was at the gates of Vienna and after they failed, like many empires, they declined as a power fast and were overshadowed by the European powers; France, England and Russia.
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2010 at 18:15
Now you have my interest.  As a political and economic power, Islam has been in decline, but as a religion it is gaining in popularity.  Isn't that a bit odd? 

I have been googling things like the death penalty because Cyrus made a good point about the execusions in Iran.  Human rights organizations are concerned about the honor killings and execution of justice in several of the Muslim countries.  Why this is so, is most certianly an intellectual matter, but is perhaps better discussed in the theology forum.  To whom does God give the authority and right to kill another?   Jews and Muslims disagree on this issue, and this may be a better way to approach the argument Cyrus is making.  Seriously we need to flesh out the religious issues from the political ones. 

Edited by Athena - 15-Nov-2010 at 23:00
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 02:15
The fact is that there are some moral and social problems in Islam which are certainly against the human rights, I don't know why some people who are even not Muslim try to deny it, Muslims have learnt to kill those who have different beliefs, if they have political power then they will do it easily, otherwise they will have to use terrorist methods, I believe the only thing which can solve the problem in the Islamic countries is a religious reformation, for this purpose Islam should be criticised, in the previous century some persons, like Baha'ullah, tried to imporve some things and create a new religion but I think they were not successful, the reason is they still believed in the heavenly aspect of the Quran.
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 11:45
Cyrus, I have Muslim friends and they are not dangerous people.   They are very peaceful and and very respectful people, who we can admire.  In fact, these people are converting non believers in increasing numbers.  You have over generalized with the title of this thread, and this demands a defense.   I copied what you have done here to make a point, and finally Red Clay stepped in and close the thread replacing the word Muslim with the word Blacks.  The only difference between the two threads is the words.   This disagreement about what is acceptable and what is not, has greatly increased my appreciation of what can be tiny differences.   Perhaps we can accert over generalization and omiting information is what makes this thread wrong. 

Your thinking here demonstrates two fatal errors, and therefore, demands the defense of Muslims.  First you are over generalizing.  Second you are obmitting vitally important information.  And I think there is a third error, when it is agreed Christians have behaved as badly as Muslims, and you continue to argue as though it is only Muslims who do bad things.  This is almost like double speak, as you agree and then discard the agreement.  These religions are fundamentally the same.  BUT, there are differences worthy of discussion. 

The most obvious difference is many Islamic countries are where they were when their holy book was written.  These dudes were still riding camels when President Carter was in office.  All religions tend to hold people back, including Christianity.  We love our Amish who reject modern technology.   What makes the really big difference in progress or lack of it, is commerce.  At any time history, any place in the world, the city that was the hub of commerce, advanced far beyond the others.  We seriously blew our relationship with Baghdad, because Baghdad was the gateway between east and west for centuries, and therefore was advanced.  Saudi Arabia didn't advance until the oil money began flowing, and it has one of the worst human right records, and is most likely behind some of the worst terrorist acts, but their monarchy made a deal with the US and will be protected.  This is the kind of problem the US created in several coutries.   My God man, Saudi Arabia has had to leap for 600 AD to 2000 AD in 50 years.  Religion is only a small part of the problem.  The big problem is oil is the only resource many of these countries have, so they got left behind.  Afghanstan is totally lift behind.  We might as well be dealing with people on a different planet.  We would have absolutely no interest in Afghanstan, and therefore, they would know nothing about us, and we would nothing about them, if we didn't want this land for oil pipe lines, and if we had not gotten involved by giving Laden weapons and training, when the USSR was trying to subdue these people.

Cyrus, you obviously love history.  How did people live in 600 AD when Mohammed began preaching?   Forget the religion and think history.  We are dealing with people whose consciousness is the same as it was in 600 AD.  Remember the huge tsummi that killed a lot of people?  There is an island in this region untouched by anything near modern civilizations.  With good intentions we checked on the well fare of these people from a plane, and the natives threw rocks at the plane.  These primitive people reacted with the instincts of alligators.   These people got left back in time.  So did much of the Islamic world get left back in time.   Then our oil companies went in and took advantage of them.  This results in them uniting into OPEC, which includes non Muslim countries, and anti US countires.  I hate to do this, but there is no avoiding it, this boils down to the conflict between communist and capitalist countries, which is very much a conflict between rich and poor countries.  Have you heard the term "Ugly American"?   To be fair Cyrus, the problem is not one sided.  It is not just religion.  When we over generalize and omit information, we effectively create a lie, and that is what is wrong with this thread
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 12:12
Cyrus:

I'm not Muslim.

Wait, so Cyrus, you are dangerous?

Answer the question, you are a Muslim, so are you dangerous?

------------------------

With regards to eaglecap:

Whites have proven themselves to be far more dangerous then any other peoples on earth by your logic. See, when your logic is so irrational, its easy to turn it around back at you.
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 13:13

Cyrus, I have Muslim friends and they are not dangerous people.   They are very peaceful and and very respectful people, who we can admire.

There were also some peaceful and respectfu Nazis, does it change the fact that Nazis were a dangerous people?

You have over generalized with the title of this thread, and this demands a defense.   I copied what you have done here to make a point, and finally Red Clay stepped in and close the thread replacing the word Muslim with the word Blacks.

You made a racist thread and it was correctly closed, you could replace the word with the followers of other ideologies to discuss, I expected the word "Zionists", opposite of "terrorist" can be "anti-terrorist".

Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 13:37

I don't know why in every country that I visit, the only people that we should fear them are Muslims?!! However we are ourselves Muslims but it is highly recommended to not trust our fellow religious people and be always careful in contact with them! Sometimes I fear myself! Confused

I feel like an idiot.  I assumed you were as informed about Muslims and Iran as someone from the middle of the USA.   I was not paying as much attention as I should have.  How totally amusing.  I wondered why you did not respond as expected to being told you are not following Jesus who told us to love our enemy.  

Now my approuch to you will change.  What does it mean to be a man?  What are the traits of an ideal man?  Different cultures, and at different times in history, our ideas of what it means to be an ideal man or woman change. 

You called Obama weak, and I see him as a very strong man, who is confident in his strength.  I assume you think Bush was a strong man, and I see him as a Mommy's boy and bully.  That is, a man with terrible weaknesses who should have never been our president.  I see the blustering of the present Iranian leader, as similar to Bush, a man who isn't really strong, isn't he really very short, more like a little dog than a Saint Barnard, so he makes a lot of noise in an effort to prove he is strong.  Both Bush and the Iranian are doing their best to appeal to non intellectual people who see this blustering and bullying as strength.   I see both of these men as I see Hitler, and what is frightienng is the publics that put these men in power and demand of their leaders this kind of display of strength.  This is not so much about religion, or even politics, but cultures and what people believe a strong man should man should act like.  Hum, now shall we talk about the power of femininity and how it is different from masculinity, after we have dinner, where you eat first and I wait until you have eaten before I eat and feed the children?  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>