Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Muslims are a dangerous people?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Muslims are a dangerous people?!
    Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 13:46
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

Answer the question, you are a Muslim, so are you dangerous?

Yes, I said in the first post of this thread that sometimes I am afraid of myself, Islam can brainwash me too, for example it is possible that I also think someone deserves to be stoned to death and then I throw a stone at him/her!
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 14:29
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Yes, I said in the first post of this thread that sometimes I am afraid of myself, Islam can brainwash me too, for example it is possible that I also think someone deserves to be stoned to death and then I throw a stone at him/her!

Sounds like those are personal problems you have with yourself. My grandmother is a very devout Muslim, and she is against the Iranian regime, against all the barbaric punishments, etc...

Looks like the problem isnt Islam, the problem is you yourself.
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 14:53

Sounds like those are personal problems you have with yourself. My grandmother is a very devout Muslim, and she is against the Iranian regime, against all the barbaric punishments, etc...

Looks like the problem isnt Islam, the problem is you yourself.

Does your grandmama fast in Ramadan, a barbaric self-punishment? These are all Islamic punishments, people are stoned to death not only in Iran, and not just in the current regime, look at this painting from the Qajar period:

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 15:15
Dear Cyrus!

That was an interesting representation you showed above! I am intrigued by the head gear/hats worn by those doing the stoning, as well as what appears to be a slave bearing a stone upon a platter, by one of those wearing the strangely shapped hats on the right of the representation!

You will notice that on the left there are three men wearing three differing hats! In essence it seems we see at least three or more differing sects doing the stoning!

Can anyone actually identify the groups?

It also appears from a Christian viewpoint that the activity might well be stopped by Jesus, who might ask the pertinent question?

You see Cyrus, I agree with the viewpoint that Judaism, Islam, and Christianity were all, at one time, much nearer to the present than current scholarship can allow, were merely sects of one dominate religious order!

It is also obvious that it is a woman being stoned!

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 16-Nov-2010 at 15:16
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 15:44

Remember what Isa/Jesus said when the Jewish Pharisees wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery. "He who is without sin caste the first stone." In that case no one can caste the stone!
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2010 at 18:05
Well eaglecap, thanks for stealing my idea!

If you in your importance, had taken the time to read my post above then you would have read my words, thusly;
"It also appears from a Christian viewpoint that the activity might well be stopped by Jesus, who might ask the pertinent question?"

Just what would any learned man think that I meant by the above quotation?

Do I have to explicity explain everthing in "Black and White" for you to get it?

Edited by opuslola - 16-Nov-2010 at 18:06
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2010 at 06:28

Originally posted by opuslola

It also appears from a Christian viewpoint that the activity might well be stopped by Jesus, who might ask the pertinent question?

Originally posted by eaglecap

Remember what Isa/Jesus said when the Jewish Pharisees wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery. "He who is without sin caste the first stone." In that case no one can caste the stone!

So he also didn't condemn this barbaric punishment, maybe he himself could throw the first stone, I doubt Jesus was a sinful man.

cavalry4ever View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Retired AE Moderator Emeritus

Quote cavalry4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2010 at 09:04
Jesus was about mercy, not changing the form of punishment or the social structure of the society.
"Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul."
Mark Twain
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2010 at 09:36
Originally posted by cavalry4ever

Jesus was about mercy, not changing the form of punishment or the social structure of the society.

I don't know why Christians represent Jesus as a humiliated man against the enemies, a poor person that people should just feel pity for him, probably for this reason Chrisitians stay silent against the Islamic oppression, what they can do is to just forgive them!!
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2010 at 12:01
Prefect Cyrus, Now is it your religion that gives you your point of view or your culture?  Exactly what are the traits of an ideal man?

I think you have told us you perfer Bush over Jesus?  That is choosing a man of war over a man of peace, and this is not dictated by religion, but by what guys perfer.  Both Christian men and Muslim men perfer to follow men of war.  Why do you think that is? 

Edited by Athena - 17-Nov-2010 at 22:27
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2010 at 13:01

Originally posted by cavalry4ever

I don't know why Christians represent Jesus as a humiliated man against the enemies, a poor person that people should just feel pity for him, probably for this reason Chrisitians stay silent against the Islamic oppression, what they can do is to just forgive them!!

Jesus represents moral rightness, and immortality as punsihment (Hades) or reward (heaven), contrasted with the moral corruption of Rome, and what Jesus believes is also the corruption of the pharasee.  Turn back to Zoroastrian to know the foundation of the religions, because the beliefs are Zoroastrain enter Jewish thinking during the Persian ascendancy in Palistine. 

Jesus is also the promised Messiah when Rome was in decline and a volcano lead people to believe they were in the end of times, which is a Zoroastrian belief, adopted by Jews and Christians. 

Jesus's suffering was an atonement for our sins, and only through him can anyone be saved.  That is of course if you believe we are born in sin and need saving, and that we can be saved by the blood of the lamb.  I think this is superstiton. 

Edited by Athena - 17-Nov-2010 at 22:44
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2010 at 13:09

Dear Cyrus!

That was an interesting representation you showed above! I am intrigued by the head gear/hats worn by those doing the stoning, as well as what appears to be a slave bearing a stone upon a platter, by one of those wearing the strangely shapped hats on the right of the representation!

You will notice that on the left there are three men wearing three differing hats! In essence it seems we see at least three or more differing sects doing the stoning!

Can anyone actually identify the groups?

You see Cyrus, I agree with the viewpoint that Judaism, Islam, and Christianity were all, at one time, much nearer to the present than current scholarship can allow, were merely sects of one dominate religious order!

It is also obvious that it is a woman being stoned!

Regards,

I have to agree with Opuslola that the picture looks like the story of  Jesus stopping men from stoning a woman, by saying the person with no sin should throw the first stone.   None of thrown the stone.  They are only posed to do so. 

Edited by Athena - 17-Nov-2010 at 22:16
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2010 at 16:18

Originally posted by eaglecap

So he also didn't condemn this barbaric punishment, maybe he himself could throw the first stone, I doubt Jesus was a sinful man.

I know Christians believe he was sinless but correct if I am wrong but I think Muslims also think Isa was sinless. The Pharisees were very self righteous and thought they were perfect (the law) so maybe he was condemning them for this. Of course Christian believe Jesus was God manifested in the flesh and much more than a prophet but that is besides the point. He did not try to stop the barbaric act of stoning so maybe he was condemning their evil hearts instead. One wonders where was the man involved in this adultery.

I do believe in strict laws against adultery but not death but maybe fines and a few years in jail, depending on the case. The Victim should be allowed to sue as well, if that is needed. Jesus did not confront the wrong of living under Roman rule but he seems to have come to reform Jewish law and create a new covenant with the Jews and then the gentiles. This is why you have the old testament and the new testament-LOL

What is very sad is woman have been stoned for adultery, in the Muslim world, who were forcefully raped, that is insane.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2010 at 22:05
I argue Jesus did try to stop the practice of stoning, by making it a condition that the person who throw the stone, be without sin.  I suspent the stoning incidence, if it did happen, and this was not a Zoroastrian story, was the result of objecting to the Persian influence.  The quotes are from Will Durant's "Our Oriental Heritage".  The subject is Persian beliefs and codes of conduct. 

The code was again Judaically stern against the sins of the flesh.  Onanism was to be punished with flogging; and men and women quilty of sexual promiscuity or prostitution "ought to be slain even more than gliding serpents, than howling wolves".

Remember Jesus objecting to practice of washing hands before eating?  This is also likely an objection to the Persian influence. 
Cleaniness was rated as the greatest good after life itself.  Good works done with dirty hands were worthless; "for while one doth not utterly destoy corruption" ("germs"), there is no coming of the angels to his body". Severe penalties were decreed for those who spread contagious diseases.  On festal occasions the people gathered together all clothed in white.  The Avestan code, like the Brahman and the Mosaic, heaped up ceremonial precautions and ablutions; great arid tracts of the Zoroastrian Scpritures are given over to wearisome formulas for cleaning the body and the soul. 

The Jews were so respected for the knowledge of incantations and spells, that some of them are in the Egyptian pryamids.  This is important stuff and there is no doubt some made it their intention to know all they could, and that they learned from the Persians. 

Can we reason that it would be the Pharasee who are most likely to concern themselves with ideas of morality and legal concern, and shall we say the superstitious beliefs of the Persian magi,  because this is the class that is intent on the study of such matters.  If there is any traveling done it would be this uppoer class of Jew and Magi doing the traveling and the visiting, because they are the ones who can afford it, and they would attracted to eachother, just as college professors and scientists are attracted to eachother today.  Jesus is not of this class.  He strongly objects to the wealth gathered by the temple, and says the rules the pharasee are not God's laws, by man's.   I think we are making a mistake if we assume all Jews thought alike and were in agreement.  There was a class conflict among the Jews, and Jesus was only one of the dissident leaders. 

At the same time, there is Rome breathing down the their necks, and heavily taxing the Jews.  It is up to the pharasee to assure their people are obedient and orderly, the lower class Jews think the higher class is in cahoots with Rome, protecting their own asses, but not those who are suffering so much because of the high taxes.  If there is any trouble, Rome takes action, and Jesus didn't just turn over the money changes tables, but he did so when this most was apt to get notice.  Jesus put the whole Jewish community at risk, and that is why he was crusified.  The guys in charge had to prove to Rome that they would not be easy on trouble makers. 

cavalry4ever View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Retired AE Moderator Emeritus

Quote cavalry4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2010 at 22:11
Interesting quote I heard on TV. 
"Some Muslim societies look like Christians in XIV century, except they have XXI century weapons"
"Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul."
Mark Twain
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2010 at 22:19
The above post was very good Athena! As well as very worthy!

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 17-Nov-2010 at 22:26
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2010 at 01:17
Thanks Opuslola, not too bad for a female, huh?   However, I have done a lot of editing.  I need to work a better system for writing out my thoughts while in the process of research.  It would be cool if the forums had a draft file, where we could keep post that are thought processing.  It is obvious when I am processing information, I should not be posting it, because it is gibberish. 

I strongly objected to this thread, and now it has lead into such interesting research, I consider it one of the best threads.  We must take question of Muslims, further back.  We must go back as far as Zoroastres and the Avesta, the Book of Knowledge and Wisdom.   This is not just an account of a religion that was absorbed into Judaism, then Christianity, and returned to become Islam, through the editing of Mohammed, but it is also an account of religion changing in the hands of those who have political power.   I really think we need to give this some consideration. 

Time and again, along this religious chain, what starts as spiritual considerations, becomes politicalized, and this is exactly what is causing so much trouble today.  I never before had so much appreciation for the separation of religion and politics.  We must not have evanglist like Billy Graham and Pat Robinson and Bin Laden bringing men to war.  Bin Laden does not have the military might of the US, so he is a terrorist, rather than an invading army doing the will of God, but he too believes he is doing the will of God, and we get this right out of ancient religions. 

Zoroastrian Ethics from Will Durant's "Our Oriental Heritage"

By picturing the world as the scene of a struggle between good and evil, the Zoroastrians established in the popular imagination a powerful supernatural stimulus and sanction for morals.  The soul of man, like the universe, was represented as a battleground of beneficent and maleficent spirits; every man was a warrior, whether he liked it or not, in the army of either the Lord or the Devil; every act of omission advanced the cause of Ahura-Mazada or of Ahriman.  It was an ethic never more admirable than the theology- if men must have supernatural supports for their morality; it gave to the common life a dignity and significance grander than any that could come to it from a world-view that locked upon man (in midieval phrase) as a helpless worm or (in modern terms) as a mechanical automaton.  Human beings were not, to Zarathurtra's thinking, mere pawns in this cosmic war; they had free will, since Ahura-Mazda wished them to be personalities in their own right, they might freely choose whether they would follow the Light or the Lie.  For Ahriman was the Living Lie, and every liar was his servant. 

Jesus most certianly gave the poor of Rome a human dignity, as many years later he gave Black slaves a human dignity, and Martin Luther King was able to transition this into a civil rights movement, that has changed the US and lead to us having a Black president.  This is an awesome feat that occurred in a very short time.  But it does not being with Jesus, nor with Judaism, and it may not begin with Zoroastria.  I need to research India's religious notions and see if the Bhagavad-Gita comes first, because it clearly explains this war between good and evil. 

But as the problem with jihad, how do we understand this holy war and our role in it?  I said we must be more moral/pious, and an insulting comment was made.  Our evanglist Christian leaders and Bin Laden would have us fight this war with weapons of war, killing each other.    This is not how Jesus told us to fight the war.  He told to fix ourselves.  And Cyrus writes of Jesus and Obama as pathetic and weak.  So now why are Muslims dangerous?  Do Muslim women agree with the Muslim men about this?   How necessary is it for men to like John Wayne or Captian Kirk instead of like Gandi?  

Edited by Athena - 18-Nov-2010 at 01:28
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2010 at 05:37
Originally posted by Athena

Prefect Cyrus, Now is it your religion that gives you your point of view or your culture?  Exactly what are the traits of an ideal man?

I think you have told us you perfer Bush over Jesus?  That is choosing a man of war over a man of peace, and this is not dictated by religion, but by what guys perfer.  Both Christian men and Muslim men perfer to follow men of war.  Why do you think that is? 

Modern Iranian culture is a mixture of some different cultures, including the Islamic culture, I don't deny that there are some good things in the Islamic culture, in fact the Islamic culture is also a mixture of Arabic, Persian, Jewish, Greek, Roman, Egyptian and other cultures. I believe religion is a holy non-developable culture, Islam, Christianity and other religions were certainly great at their early times and they hepled to develop their societies but their holy books didn't change with developments, unfortunately followers of these religions consider them as the words of the god and unchangeable, that is the problem, culture changes but religion is fixed and permanent, so my culture gives my point of view.

And I have never said that I prefer Bush over Jesus, the first one was a political man but the second one was a religious man with no political power, it is not clear what Jesus would do, if he had also a political power, like Muhammad. It is clear that for a long time, his followers proved to be ones of the worst men of war.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 18-Nov-2010 at 05:40
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2010 at 11:34

Cyrus,  as I learn about the ancient Cyrus and Zoroastrism, I want to change my user name.  I surely need to change what I said in the thread questioning Persian religion and war.  That was the mistake of reading biased history and not knowing any better. 

I read the original Puritans were really cool people, but each generation after the first generation that landed in the New Land, got worse.  Cyrus appears to be an extordinary person, but those who followed were not great in the same way. I think we can equate Cyrus' rise to power, with Constatine's  rise to power, and Mohammed's rise to power.  It is the perfect blend of a new religious insight and hope that attracts and motivates followers, with worldly power at the right time.  Daris the Great was not the good man Cyrus was, but he was an organizational genius, and it was this genius that made Persia a stable empire.  Jesus did not start a new religion, but it was Paul who was worldly enough to turn the religious insight into a religion, and is probably because of the oriental influence on Judism.. 

How open minded can we become, and how honest?  It takes different qualities for a nation to be both highly moral and strong.  Obama is an idealist, but is lacking in worldly strength.  Bush is a scandal but had a lot of worldly power until near the end.  Clinton is a good blend of the two, idealism and a wheeler and dealer who can say anything with a smile as long as it achieves his goal.  The present leader of Iran is appealing to those Iranians who will buy into his bid for power by appealing to their hatred of the US.  This is very worldly.  Like Bush's bid for power,, he is misusing religion.  Laden was wondering in a desolate region of the world, wanting the power and glory of his family back in Saudi Arabia and he catapulting himself from a no one body,, to a person known around the world,  by misusing relgion.  This unfortunately started a misguided Muslim movement we all regret.     

Behind every leader is followers, and perhaps we need to pay more attention to those followers, and  the circumstances?  I will fall back on what I said about about the Brittan and the US causing a problem with Muslims.  And go back to what I said about many of these folks living as people lived in ancient times, and suddenly having the technology and weapons of this century.  Talk about culture shock the trauma to a belief system and social order.  These folks have to be dealing with some pretty heavy duty culture shock.  But there is more to be said.  Leaders are brought up by the wave of circumstances.  Obama won by  a land slide because of the great opposition to Bush.  Another effect of Bush is the current leadership of Iran and determination of develop nuclear capabilities.  This too is a counter- Bush reaction.  However, Obama's failure to have earthly power is troubling.  Jesus didn't have earthly power and given his circumstances he could not.  Cyrus had earthly power and used Zoroastrian to revolutionized Persia,, but following Persian leaders focused on worldly power and were not good for their religious movement. 

See this play of powers?  The religions get politicized and become destructive forces.  We must separate the religions from politics, because human beings can not know the will of God, and none of us should back a leader with the belief that leader is doing the will of God. 

I feel like I have just spent days working on a very complex math problem.  Why Muslims are dangerous people is exactly the same reason Christians can be dangerous people POLITICS AND BEING WORLDLY.   

Edited by Athena - 18-Nov-2010 at 12:11
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2010 at 16:59
It is interesting to read the news: Iran warns citizens of dangerous Canada, so they, who killed that poor Canadian journalist in Iran, are not dangerous but Canadians are dangerous!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>