Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Imperialism in the 1900s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Imperialism in the 1900s
    Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 12:09
I have an history project on Imperialism. We need to write a paper about if we think Imeperialism is good or bad. i was wondering your thoughts on this since this seems like a site that has many people who know a lot about history. thanks!
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 12:55
Just the once was enough really, but i'll move this to the 'Modern History' forum and leave a link, and lock the other one.
Arrrgh!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 20:15
Imperialism is the root cause of most of the difficulties and violence in Africa, the Middle East,  and various other places today.  When the Europeans gave these countries there independance they payed no heed to preexisting ethnic and religious groups.  This forced togetherness has lead to countless wars, including the current situation in Sudan.
Herodotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Herodotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 20:58
See the other post about imperialism...and are you saying that colonialism was unjustified, or merely that is was often bad for the conquered, which is beyond contention?
"Dieu est un comdien jouant une assistance trop effraye de rire."
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Francois Marie Arouet, Voltaire

Post Reply Post Reply