Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Liberalism & atheism linked to higher IQ's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberalism & atheism linked to higher IQ's
    Posted: 28-Feb-2010 at 16:21
Duh...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/26/liberals.atheists.sex.intelligence/index.html

(CNN) -- Political, religious and sexual behaviors may be reflections of intelligence, a new study finds.

Evolutionary psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa at the the London School of Economics and Political Science correlated data on these behaviors with IQ from a large national U.S. sample and found that, on average, people who identified as liberal and atheist had higher IQs. This applied also to sexual exclusivity in men, but not in women. The findings will be published in the March 2010 issue of Social Psychology Quarterly.

The IQ differences, while statistically significant, are not stunning -- on the order of 6 to 11 points -- and the data should not be used to stereotype or make assumptions about people, experts say. But they show how certain patterns of identifying with particular ideologies develop, and how some people's behaviors come to be.

The reasoning is that sexual exclusivity in men, liberalism and atheism all go against what would be expected given humans' evolutionary past. In other words, none of these traits would have benefited our early human ancestors, but higher intelligence may be associated with them.

"The adoption of some evolutionarily novel ideas makes some sense in terms of moving the species forward," said George Washington University leadership professor James Bailey, who was not involved in the study. "It also makes perfect sense that more intelligent people -- people with, sort of, more intellectual firepower -- are likely to be the ones to do that."

Bailey also said that these preferences may stem from a desire to show superiority or elitism, which also has to do with IQ. In fact, aligning oneself with "unconventional" philosophies such as liberalism or atheism may be "ways to communicate to everyone that you're pretty smart," he said.

The study looked at a large sample from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (Add Health), which began with adolescents in grades 7-12 in the United States during the 1994-95 school year. The participants were interviewed as 18- to 28-year-olds from 2001 to 2002. The study also looked at the General Social Survey, another cross-national data collection source.

Kanazawa did not find that higher or lower intelligence predicted sexual exclusivity in women. This makes sense, because having one partner has always been advantageous to women, even thousands of years ago, meaning exclusivity is not a "new" preference.

For men, on the other hand, sexual exclusivity goes against the grain evolutionarily. With a goal of spreading genes, early men had multiple mates. Since women had to spend nine months being pregnant, and additional years caring for very young children, it made sense for them to want a steady mate to provide them resources.

Religion, the current theory goes, did not help people survive or reproduce necessarily, but goes along the lines of helping people to be paranoid, Kanazawa said. Assuming that, for example, a noise in the distance is a signal of a threat helped early humans to prepare in case of danger.

"It helps life to be paranoid, and because humans are paranoid, they become more religious, and they see the hands of God everywhere," Kanazawa said.

Participants who said they were atheists had an average IQ of 103 in adolescence, while adults who said they were religious averaged 97, the study found. Atheism "allows someone to move forward and speculate on life without any concern for the dogmatic structure of a religion," Bailey said.

"Historically, anything that's new and different can be seen as a threat in terms of the religious beliefs; almost all religious systems are about permanence," he noted.

The study takes the American view of liberal vs. conservative. It defines "liberal" in terms of concern for genetically nonrelated people and support for private resources that help those people. It does not look at other factors that play into American political beliefs, such as abortion, gun control and gay rights.

"Liberals are more likely to be concerned about total strangers; conservatives are likely to be concerned with people they associate with," he said.

Given that human ancestors had a keen interest in the survival of their offspring and nearest kin, the conservative approach -- looking out for the people around you first -- fits with the evolutionary picture more than liberalism, Kanazawa said. "It's unnatural for humans to be concerned about total strangers." he said.

The study found that young adults who said they were "very conservative" had an average adolescent IQ of 95, whereas those who said they were "very liberal" averaged 106.

It also makes sense that "conservatism" as a worldview of keeping things stable would be a safer approach than venturing toward the unfamiliar, Bailey said.

Neither Bailey nor Kanazawa identify themselves as liberal; Bailey is conservative and Kanazawa is "a strong libertarian."

Vegetarianism, while not strongly associated with IQ in this study, has been shown to be related to intelligence in previous research, Kanazawa said. This also fits into Bailey's idea that unconventional preferences appeal to people with higher intelligence, and can also be a means of showing superiority.

None of this means that the human species is evolving toward a future where these traits are the default, Kanazawa said.

"More intelligent people don't have more children, so moving away from the trajectory is not going to happen," he said.

The most alarming part of this new piece is the last statement, in which it says intelligent people are not having more children... this is truly sad. Has anyone seen the film Idiocracy?

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2010 at 10:22
Here is some info about the movie Idiocracy (which is a really good movie):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy

A narrator (Earl Mann) explains that in modern society, natural selection has become indifferent toward intelligence, so that in a society in which intelligence is systematically debased, stupid people easily out-breed the intelligent, creating, over the course of five centuries, an irredeemably dysfunctional society. Consequently, the children of the educated elites are drowned in a sea of sexually promiscuous, illiterate, alcoholic, degenerate peers.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2010 at 11:14
Maybe this study explains why so many people simply cannot understand something as simple as this:

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 01-Mar-2010 at 11:29
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2010 at 14:40
All of the Hype is about Health insurance.  They need to address the actual costs of Hospitals and Emergency rooms.  Health insurance of any sort won't work unless the medical expenses are brought under control.
An example, 6 weeks ago I experienced a "problem", I finally had to go to the Emergency room as I was unable to get my doctor.  4 hours, 2 catscans and a couple of bloodtests-  5,326.00.  That's nuts. 

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2010 at 17:10
Originally posted by red clay

All of the Hype is about Health insurance.  They need to address the actual costs of Hospitals and Emergency rooms.  Health insurance of any sort won't work unless the medical expenses are brought under control.
An example, 6 weeks ago I experienced a "problem", I finally had to go to the Emergency room as I was unable to get my doctor.  4 hours, 2 catscans and a couple of bloodtests-  5,326.00.  That's nuts. 

Yea, most things about health care in this country are messed up. The only people are against health care the the wealthy who can afford this absurd system (but what they dont realize is that the nation cannot afford it, as the graphs show above) and the less educated, who are easily manipulated by the rich.

Remember, more than half of tea partiers do not have a college education.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2010 at 17:22
Did any of you ever consider "Lawsuits?" Duh! Besides the other nations mentioned being more of a co-hesive nature race wise, as opposed to the USA, I doubt that Lawyers are literally lying in hiding at hospitals and clinics around the USA looking for lawsuits! Genetics and family background can also play a major part in both health and lifespan!

In those nations which have "national health-care", there is not the same expectation that one will find here in the USA.

That is Red Clay, I would doubt if you would receive one scan in Canada, or the UK, much less two. That is another reason that US hospitals have a lot more of such equipment other than Japan, which probably has its own reasons for having such a large number of them.

I also doubt if any of the above listed countries or all of them put together have anywhere from 12 to 25 million illegals using our as opposed to their (the other nations listed) facilities?

Edited by opuslola - 01-Mar-2010 at 17:25
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2010 at 17:43
Regarding your more highly developed Liberal brain, please take some time away from solving the problems of faster than light travel and read this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Kanazawa

Where you will find, if you actually have the time, to read this section;
"Kanazawa's theories on race and intelligence are controversial. Kanazawa has argued that Asian cultural traditions and/or character inhibit Asian scientific creativity[11] and that "political correctness" is a bigger threat to American evolutionary psychology than religious fundamentalism.[12] As a result, he has been accused of promoting "racist stereotypes".[13] In 2006 Kanazawa published a controversial paper suggesting that poor health of people in some nations is the result, not of poverty, but rather lower IQ.[14][15] In the British Journal of Health Psychology George T. H. Ellison wrote that the theory is based on flawed assumptions, questionable data, inappropriate analyses and biased interpretations. Ellison wrote that Kanazawa mistook statistical associations for evidence of causality and falsely concluded that populations in sub-Saharan Africa are less healthy because they are unintelligent and not because they are poor.[16] Kevin Denny wrote similar criticisms regarding the IQ data and stated that African Americans should have similar IQs when compared to the sub-Saharan African population and that Kanazawa should have measured the distance between areas in a topographical fashion. [17]"

So, you see some others have questioned his results in other studies he has done!

And, if you really want to impress the opposite sex you guys can get some hits from the Doctor of "evolutionary psychology" at this site;

http://www.intelligencesquared.com/people/k/dr-satoshi-kanazawa
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2010 at 15:52
Taken from my above citation are these particular words, which anyone with an IQ at least ten points above my 135, should notice! Chuckle!

"In the British Journal of Health Psychology George T. H. Ellison wrote that the theory is based on flawed assumptions, questionable data, inappropriate analyses and biased interpretations. Ellison wrote that Kanazawa mistook statistical associations for evidence of causality and falsely concluded that populations in sub-Saharan Africa are less healthy because they are unintelligent and not because they are poor.[16] Kevin Denny wrote similar criticisms regarding the IQ data and stated that African Americans should have similar IQs when compared to the sub-Saharan African population and that Kanazawa should have measured the distance between areas in a topographical fashion. [17]"

Note the words "mistook" and "falsely"!

No matter his political agenda (if any), he is not one to avoid critisism!

By the way, I had an outstanding 2.1 GPA in college! Laugh! Of course college was a lot tougher than it is today! I even took a couple of Education courses, in which I got a 3.0 just by showing up! I considered those courses much like PhysED! But, it is from such that our educators of today get their degrees!

That is life!

Regards,
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2010 at 22:46
Credit card debt and why we need credit card reform, for those who have not been able to grasp the concept, here is a simple video:

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2010 at 11:44
Yes Sir! Youv'e got it right! That is why the word Minimum is used! This means that you only pay the current interest due, and little or nothing more! Your neighborhood Pawn and loan center, can do you just the same! Heck, down here you can even pawn your automoble and home!

But, you do give good advice!

Thanks!

Oh! I also meant to say God Bless!

Edited by opuslola - 03-Mar-2010 at 14:26
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2010 at 18:19

Do you ever wonder why Americans can’t pass a healthcare reform bill? Do you ever wonder how in the world George W. Bush, after lying about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and showing four years of overall boobery, was actually re-elected for a second term? There are plenty of intelligent people living in the United States of America but unfortunately, they’re are also a lot of uninformed and easily manipulated toy soldiers. This clip shows how debate on healthcare degenerated into religious, racial, xenophobic nonsense that includes the IRS, global warming, the end of America, abortion and more. Groups of people who called themselves “Tea Baggers” passionately united against Obama’s plans in protests across the country - problem is none of them really knew why they were there. They were only told they had to be. If there was ever a downside to democracy, undoubtedly the best form of government ever invented, this is it.

This is what the Tea Party Movement is all about: ignorance, stupidity, foolishness...

Let me remind everyone, THE MAJORITY OF THE MEMBERS OF THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT ARE CONSERVATIVES WITHOUT A COLLEGE EDUCATION. This means, they are mostly high school grads, and most likely lower middle class. These are the people that Obama is trying to help, why do people protest and vote against their own interests? Glenn Beck, and others who manipulate them and make millions off of them.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 14-Mar-2010 at 18:26
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2010 at 19:27
TGS, in a moment of inspiration, wrote the following;

"Let me remind everyone, THE MAJORITY OF THE MEMBERS OF THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT ARE CONSERVATIVES WITHOUT A COLLEGE EDUCATION. This means, they are mostly high school grads, and most likely lower middle class. These are the people that Obama is trying to help, why do people protest and vote against their own interests? Glenn Beck, and others who manipulate them and make millions off of them."

Gee, I did not know that a survey was conducted at "Tea party" meetings that covered the educational attainments of those in attendance? But, perhaps there was one?

So, I would have to guess that TGS with his great educational attainments has to look down upon those who have not acheived his desired level?

TGS, at what educational level will you have anything in common with what has been called for many years "The common man?" Derision of those people with less education than you might well have obtained, might well be called nicely as "snobbery?"

Are you a "snob?"

Please see! http://www.answers.com/topic/snob

"n.
1.One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.

2.One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.

[Earlier snob, cobbler, lower-class person, person who aspires to social prominence.]"

Please see if you belong in the above definition(s)?

I am reasonably sure you do not!

My regards as always,

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2010 at 22:26
Very rare

Originally posted by opuslola

Gee, I did not know that a survey was conducted at "Tea party" meetings that covered the educational attainments of those in attendance? But, perhaps there was one?

yes, there was one, but I wouldnt expect you to know about it.

So, I would have to guess that TGS with his great educational attainments has to look down upon those who have not acheived his desired level?

No, I'm not looking down upon them, I'm calling them out. If they want to protest, let them do it on their own and about something they KNOW and CARE about, not be manipulated and told what to do by Fox News, corporations, and greedy tv anchors and radio speakers.

Dont let these people, who are ignorant about what they are protesting, ruin such a good thing for tens of millions of people, including themselves!

TGS, at what educational level will you have anything in common with what has been called for many years "The common man?" Derision of those people with less education than you might well have obtained, might well be called nicely as "snobbery?"

Are you a "snob?"

Please see! http://www.answers.com/topic/snob

"n.
1.One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.

2.One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.

[Earlier snob, cobbler, lower-class person, person who aspires to social prominence.]"

Please see if you belong in the above definition(s)?

I am reasonably sure you do not!

My regards as always,

Oh, here we go again with this "elitist" crap. I work hard and I'm educated because I want to be, thats a GOOD thing, its not a bad thing, and I am proud of it, and yes, ITS PEOPLE LIKE US, THE EDUCATED, WHO EVENTUALLY COME TO POWER OR MAKE MONEY OR ARE SUCCESSFUL.

But the difference between me and you is that I WANT TO USE MY EDUCATED TO HELP PEOPLE, whereas you only want to make yourself rich and want to shaft those less educated and less fortunate than you. Whose the better person?

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2010 at 10:26
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

Here is some info about the movie Idiocracy (which is a really good movie):http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy
A narrator (Earl Mann)
explains that in modern society, natural selection has become indifferent toward
intelligence, so that in a society in which intelligence is
systematically debased, stupid people easily out-breed the intelligent,
creating, over the course of five centuries, an irredeemably
dysfunctional society. Consequently, the children of the educated elites
are drowned in a sea of sexually promiscuous, illiterate, alcoholic,
degenerate peers.

Dear TGS, yes the above words of Earl Mann, exactly reflects the basic concepts of "Progressiveism", that is reproduction and genetic control over the "un-washed masses1" All great "Progressives" it seems shared this unique view of both thmeselves and of mankind!"

And yes I see by your post that "alcohol" still must be stopped!

Hitler, Marx, Engels, Stalin, both Rooseveldt's, Mussolini, W. Wilson, etc., actually believed in "Man and Superman!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Era
"When Democrat Woodrow Wilson was elected President with a Democratic Congress in 1912 he implemented a series of progressive policies. In 1913, the Sixteenth Amendment was ratified, and the income tax was instituted in the United States. Wilson resolved the longstanding debates over tariffs and antitrust, and created the Federal Reserve, a complex business-government partnership that to this day dominates the financial world.[22]"

http://www.search.com/reference/Progressive_Era

Take a look at some of the most well known "Progressives" at the above site! I am sure some of these people are amongst your favorites?

William Jennings Bryan, Nebraska
Herbert Hoover, Washington
Robert LaFollette, Wisconsin
Franklin D. Roosevelt, New York
Theodore Roosevelt, New York City
William Howard Taft, Washington
Woodrow Wilson, Princeton NJ
Andrew Carnegie
John Dewey
Henry Ford
George Cardinal Mundelein
John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
Charles Beard

Of course the above is merely a few out of many!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2010 at 11:38
RUSH LIMBAUGH SAYS THAT HE WILL MOVE TO COSTA RICA IF HEALTH CARE PASSES.... IN COSTA RICA THEY HAVE UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE!

So Rush Limbaugh has threatened to move to Costa Rica if health care reform passes.

But Costa Rica? Really?

This is a country where the American-style health care reform that Rush would be so desperately fleeing is considered nothing short of criminally inadequate. In Costa Rica, they've got constitutionally-guaranteed cradle-to-grave socialized medicine. Not just single-payer, mind you; I'm talking real British-style socialized health care, the kind where your doctor works directly for the government.

It's interesting, too, that Rush seems to suffer from the delusion that he's going to somehow escape the clutches of those Costa Rican death panels. (There must be death panels. After all: he's assured us, loudly and often, that wherever there's socialized medicine, there are death panels.)

Costa Ricans have a 97% literacy rate -- the highest in the world. College is free at the state-run universities, which are some of the best in Latin America. Any kid who gets the grades gets to go, regardless of whether or not her family can afford it. You can get a PhD entirely on the government dime.

Not to mention that, even though the average Costa Rican speaks passable English, they'd probably choose rebut Rush Spanish, which he'd have to learn. What would his anti-immigrant, anti-Spanish language listeners say if they found out that El Rushbo had picked up the lingo of those dirty brown people he's taught them to hate so much?

And it gets worse. Costa Rica does not have a military. (OK, it's got a plane and a handful of Jeeps and a couple of dozen guys in green uniforms who patrol the airport in San Jose. In other words: a single unit of the capitol city's police department probably has more firepower than the whole Costa Rican military does.) For Rush, this is nothing short of a manhood issue. What kind of red-blooded American male affiliates himself with any country that doesn't have any penetrative capability whatsoever? That's never invaded anybody -- in fact, never wanted to invade anybody? And worse: one that was so wussy that it actually put a "no military" clause into its Constitution?

I mean: what would his listeners say?

Then there's the economy, which includes lots and lots of co-ops: coffee and fruit growers' co-ops, arts co-ops that get generous government subsidies, tourism co-ops that run rustic lodges in the jungles, educational co-ops that run schools, women's co-ops that market crafts, local food co-ops that furnish the grocery stores in the outback. And, as we all know, "co-op" is just another word for "socialism."

And then there's the greenie thing. The New Economics Foundation ranked Costa Rica as the greenest country in the world. It's also on track to become the world's first carbon neutral country by 2021. The country also ranked third in the world, and first in the Americas, in the 2010 Environmental Performance Index. A full 25% of Costa Rica's territory is locked up in national parks, out of the clutches of Rush's developer friends. The country's commitment to sustainability is so bone-deep that global warming deniers like Rush have a very rough time finding people to talk to at dinner parties. Hope he's not planning to hobnob much with the local gentry.

Finally, Costa Rica has a unicameral legislature and well over a dozen political parties, including several that have the word "socialist" or "communist" in the title. Yes, that's right: Rush is talking about moving to a country where avowed socialists and communists are actually allowed to participate freely in the political process -- a choice that we can only conclude must make him some kind of commie sympathizer.

Choosing Costa Rica as an escape hatch -- even in an off-the-cuff remark -- reveals far more about Rush's real values and priorities than he probably wants us to see. Given the choice, even he would rather live in a country where there's a strong social contract that guarantees economic opportunity, ensures fairness, protects the environment, and invests richly in the future of its own people.

Having done far more than his share to ensure that America can no longer be that country, he's ready to jet off and make a new start in a place where the progressive spirit is still alive and well and creating a strong, prosperous, future-oriented nation. As Brian said: if Rush goes through with this, we promise to line up at the airport to see him off, waving signs saying "Admit it. We were right. You were wrong. Progressivism works -- or you wouldn't be leaving."

Costa Rica: Pura vida -- home of the good life. And now also the last refuge of the world's biggest hypocrite.

http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010031009/limbaugh-endorses-socialist-paradise

WHEN WILL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WAKE UP AND UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE BEING USED BY THESE VILE CREATURES WHO CARE NOTHING FOR THEM, BUT ONLY TO MAKE THEMSELVES RICH AND THEIR EXPENSE!

get educated people! read! research! keep yourself informed! dont simply do as you are told!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2010 at 11:43
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2010 at 15:03
I would hope that you read this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Costa_Rica

Where you will quickly see that all is not well in Costa Rica! Inflation is over 10%, the infrastructure is falling apart, amongst other things. And,it seems nasty and powerful American corporations are taking advantage of the low wages paid there to place their manufacturing facilities, which they of course, moved from the USA!

Without tourism, the entire enchilada will go bad! And, if the economy of the USA goes from bad to worse, then tourism will also go into the tank!

The following site is part of an advertising plan for persons who might want to retire in Costa Rica, so read it with some caution/

http://www.internationalliving.com/Countries/Costa-Rica/Health-Care

You will notice that "Private healthcare" is advertised also! I am pretty sure Rush can afford it? Otherwise,he too would be tied up in long waits and red-tape!

This site, which is also connected to "move to Costa Rica" advice, should also be read; http://www.costarica.com/retirement/cost-of-living/health-care/

From the above we read; "The cost to affiliate with CCSS is approximately 10 to 11.5% of your income..." Thus, if you care to retire in Costa Rica based upon an income of $100,000 per annum, then you will probably have to pay about $10,000 per annum for it! But, don't worry, you might well have to wait a while for service and put up with a lot of bureacratic "red-tape", but it only will cost you about $833.00 per month!

Hey, is this really considered "free health-care?"

But, El Rushbo, will not have to worry about this payment! When and if he needs "private" healthcare, he literally has hundreds of thousands of dollars available for what ever he needs in Costa Rica, and a private jet plane to take him back to the good old USA if he wants!

I would like to ask many of you that if you had a taxable income in Costa Rica of $40,000 per annum, then you would have to pay only $4,000 or so dollars for it! Or about $333.00 per month! A good deal, no? So what if they are too busy to see you! So, what if it hurts really bad! So, what if you have to wait hours just going through the "red-tape!" Remember it's "free!" Well, almost!

Oh, concerning Costa Rica's "energy independance!", you must have noticed at the first site, that all of their energy is produced via Hydro-electic means, meaning large "Dams" blocking numerous rivers and flooding thousands or hundreds of thousands of acres of land! The good old USA could also produce a lot more energy from "Hydro-electric" sources only if one could get a "government permit" to build one! And, as most of you know, that gentle "Green Movement", here in the USA, will howl like a pack of wolves if anyone tried to do so today! But, Costa Rica, which is the "envy" of many "Greens", seems to have had a "carte blanche" to build just as many of them as needed, without "public outcry!" Wow!

I wonder what will happen in Costa Rica when they have dammed all of their damn valleys? Will they be forced by the "Greens" to build "Geo-thermal" plants, or, God forgive "coal fired plants!"

Please TGS, go an "bark up another tree!" Or better yet, please quit pissing upon this one? Hey, thats not a tree, its my leg! Laugh!

A little "Research" is everything! Please try it sometime?

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 15-Mar-2010 at 15:15
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2010 at 15:36

Do you ever wonder why Americans can’t pass a healthcare reform bill? Do
you ever wonder how in the world George W. Bush, after lying about
weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and showing four years of overall
boobery, was actually re-elected for a second term? There are plenty of
intelligent people living in the United States of America but
unfortunately, they’re are also a lot of uninformed and easily
manipulated toy soldiers. This clip shows how debate on healthcare
degenerated into religious, racial, xenophobic nonsense that includes
the IRS, global warming, the end of America, abortion and more. Groups
of people who called themselves “Tea Baggers” passionately united
against Obama’s plans in protests across the country - problem is none
of them really knew why they were there. They were only told they had to
be. If there was ever a downside to democracy, undoubtedly the best
form of government ever invented, this is it.
This is what the Tea Party Movement is all about: ignorance, stupidity, foolishness...Let me remind everyone, THE MAJORITY OF THE MEMBERS OF THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT ARE CONSERVATIVES WITHOUT A COLLEGE EDUCATION. This means, they are mostly high school grads, and most likely lower middle class. These are the people that Obama is trying to help, why do people protest and vote against their own interests? Glenn Beck, and others who manipulate them and make millions off of them.

Gee, the VID is made and supported by a group called "The New Left Media!" Wow, who woulda thunk it? I must realize that since they call themselves "New Left" that they are "non-partisan", and thus came to the "tea party" to support their preconceived ideas.

I would suppose that if the "New Left" had a big rally in DC, and a news man or woman from the "New Right" came and interviewed the participants, we might have a similar result?

No, I will not assume it, I would expect it! Maybe the would ask the participants at the "New Left" rally to name ten presidents of the USA? Or ask them to define "Progressive?" and "Conservative?"

What entertainment!

Regards,

Oh! I meant to ask, as dumb high school educated conservatives, just what kind of income allows them to drive or fly to Washington, DC, just to attend a rally, and feel that they are "good" Americans? You must even have noticed that some of them were retired? Do you believe that big evil corporations paid their way?

The only group or groups who pay people to attend rallys, as far as I know, that have been proven, are "left wing" supporters, or Democrats!

Edited by opuslola - 15-Mar-2010 at 17:06
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2010 at 15:56

Do you ever wonder why Americans can’t pass a healthcare reform bill? Do
you ever wonder how in the world George W. Bush, after lying about
weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and showing four years of overall
boobery, was actually re-elected for a second term? There are plenty of
intelligent people living in the United States of America but
unfortunately, they’re are also a lot of uninformed and easily
manipulated toy soldiers. This clip shows how debate on healthcare
degenerated into religious, racial, xenophobic nonsense that includes
the IRS, global warming, the end of America, abortion and more. Groups
of people who called themselves “Tea Baggers” passionately united
against Obama’s plans in protests across the country - problem is none
of them really knew why they were there. They were only told they had to
be. If there was ever a downside to democracy, undoubtedly the best
form of government ever invented, this is it.
This is what the Tea Party Movement is all about: ignorance, stupidity, foolishness...Let me remind everyone, THE MAJORITY OF THE MEMBERS OF THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT ARE CONSERVATIVES WITHOUT A COLLEGE EDUCATION. This means, they are mostly high school grads, and most likely lower middle class. These are the people that Obama is trying to help, why do people protest and vote against their own interests? Glenn Beck, and others who manipulate them and make millions off of them.

I agree there are aspects of this movement I don’t care for, especially the turn or burn, repent crowd. There are things I do agree but I need time to examine what they stand for and not to paint them all with a brush and make statements they are this or that.   I believe you are making an assumption based on your own bias and no doubt many do not have college degrees but that is not everything. I have known my share of people with PHDs who were fools. I don’t like the disrespect for any President but I saw a lot of negative things about Bush, I did not like him either. Funny, Obama is not a Muslim but he background was Muslim. What church does he attend?   Have you heard the sermons by his pastor?
Manipulation- you don’t think the left is not also guilty of this? I also listen to NPR, Stephanie Miller, as well as Savage Nation, Laurie Roth, coast to coast am (take with a grain). There was a local liberal I use to listen to but he was knocked off the air.
It is still their First Amendment Right but do you want to take this away? Do you oppose the First Amendment and why? You have that right, afterall, it is protected by the First Amendment.

I had an off topic question for you TGS- have you ever heard of an Iranian author names Ibn Warraq who wrote “Defending the West.” Please just yes or no!!   Anything else will be deleted since it is not part of the topic, I was curious. It would be a good thread though

beralism & atheism linked to higher IQ's

overall, I think this is a very arrogant attitude.

Edited by eaglecap - 15-Mar-2010 at 15:59
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2010 at 17:16
@ Opuslola, YOU HAVE COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT! Costa Rica is a developing country, NO ONE DENIES THAT.... the point that article is making is that Limbaugh said he would move to Costa Rica if Health Care Reform passed in this country, YET COSTA RICA IS A SOCIALIST COUNTRY.

Regarding the video: are you trying to say that the video is doctored? IS THIS FOOTAGE NOT REAL? Who cares who filmed it, their stupidity or ignorance remains. I thought the questions regarding the czar's were hilarious!

Everything seems to go over your head...Confused

@Eaglecap: name one liberal pundit that "manipulates" democrats/liberals? And dont say Olberman, he barely influences anyone.

What you guys are afraid to admit is that we make our decisions and conclusions based on research and knowledge, where as conservatives tend to rely on faith... We dont need anyone to manipulate us because we know better than that for the most part.

This is one reason why conservatives are able to coordinate so much better, because they have people telling them what to do from the top down, and they have Fox News to tell them. Liberals do not have this phenomenon.

Originally posted by eaglecap

I had an off topic question for you TGS- have you ever heard of an Iranian author names Ibn Warraq who wrote “Defending the West.” Please just yes or no!!   Anything else will be deleted since it is not part of the topic, I was curious. It would be a good thread though

No, I do not know of any Iranian authors by the name of Ibn Warraq. Ibn Warraq is not even an Iranian name. Do you mean the Indian/Pakistani guy?

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 15-Mar-2010 at 17:21
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>