Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HazarAspids / A Kurdish Dynasty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Messopotamian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Messopotamian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HazarAspids / A Kurdish Dynasty
    Posted: 08-Feb-2010 at 05:59

Hazaraspid,(1148-1424), was a local Kurdish dynasty that ruled Zagros mountains region of southwestern Persia, essentially in Lorestān and the adjacent parts of Fārs which flourished in the later Saljuq, Ilkhanid, Muzaffarids, and Timurid periods[1]. The founder of dynasty Abu Tahir bin Muhammad was initially a commander of the Salghurid Atabaks of Fars and was appointed as the governor of Kuhgiluya[2] , but eventually gained independence in Luristan and extended his realm as far as Isfahan and assumed the prestigious title of Atabak[3]. His son, Malek Hazarasp fought a successful campaign against Salghurids and assisted Jalal-al-din Khwarezmshah in his struggle against the Mongols. Another Hazaraspid ruler Takla, accompanied Hulagu on his march to Baghdad, but deserted because of the murder of the last caliph. He was eventually caught and executed on Hulagu's order. Yusuf Shah I received Ilkhan Abaqa's confirmation of his rule and added Khuzestan, Kuhgiluya, Firuzan (near Isfahan) and Golpayegan to his domain. Afrasiab I attempted to extend his control to the coast of Persian Gulf but faced stiff opposition from the Mongols who defeated his army at Kuhrud near Kashan. He was reinstated by Ilkhan Gaykhatu but was executed by Gazan in October 1296[4].

The capital of Hazaraspids was located at Idaj located in present-day northern Khuzestan. Yusuf Shah II annexed the cities of Shushtar, Hoveizeh and Basra in the first half of fourteenth century[5]. During the reign of Shams-al-din Pashang, the dynasty faced attacks from Muzaffarids and the capital Idaj temporarily fell into their hands, until the occupiers had to retreat due to their own internecine fighting. In 1424, the Timurid King Shahrokh deposed the last Hazaraspid ruler Ghias-al-din thereby ended the dynasty.

[edit] Rulers

1. Abu Tahir bin Muhammad (r. 1148-1203)
  2. Malek Hazarasp (r. 1204-1248 )
  3. Emad-al-din (r. 1248-1251)
  4. Nosrat-al-din (r. 1252-1257)
  5. Takla (r. 1258- )
  6. Shams-al-din Alp Arghun
  7. Yusuf Shah I (r. 1274-1288)
  8. Afrasiab I (r. 1288-1296)
  9. Nosrat-al-din Ahmad (r.1296- 1330)
  10. Rokn-al-din Yusuf Shah II (r.1330-1340)
  11. Mozaffar-al-din Afrasiab II (r.1340-1355)
  12. Shams-al-din Pashang (r.1355-1378)
  13. Malek Pir Ahmad (r.1378-1408)
  14. Abu Saeed (r. 1408- 1417)
  15. Shah Hussein (r.1417-1424)
  16. Ghias-al-din (r.1424)
Please Iranians give information
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2010 at 10:10
Interesting. You would probably also be interested to know that the Safavids had partial Kurdish ancestry as well.
Messopotamian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Messopotamian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2010 at 06:46

I think Safavids are Turkomans..

kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2010 at 11:30
the founder av safavaid dynasti was from kurdish paternal line and  yes there were  turkoman , but the their  main force called  qizelbash were divided in many ethnic groups like turkeman, tajik and taleshi and kurds and lores too in great number. they introduced the actual form of shia islam to iran. perior to that  majority of people in our region southern kurdestan var  SHAFEI sunni.then become divided to shia in southern and sunni in middle and north part and foe began among the  kurds and upp to our day  even so called intelectual  can show very  much hatred toward their kurdish shia borthers(RAFFEDIN) in south and naturally  same from southern part tooShocked what a nice legacy???Unhappy
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2010 at 16:01
Originally posted by kalhur

the founder av safavaid dynasti was from kurdish paternal line and  yes there were  turkoman , but the their  main force called  qizelbash were divided in many ethnic groups like turkeman, tajik and taleshi and kurds and lores too in great number. they introduced the actual form of shia islam to iran. perior to that  majority of people in our region southern kurdestan var  SHAFEI sunni.then become divided to shia in southern and sunni in middle and north part and foe began among the  kurds and upp to our day  even so called intelectual  can show very  much hatred toward their kurdish shia borthers(RAFFEDIN) in south and naturally  same from southern part tooShocked what a nice legacy???Unhappy

The Shia/Sunni difference is no doubt one of  the reasons for the division that exists among the Iranian people.

I once told my family that in the next fews years I wanted to visit Iran, my fathers response was, "They are shia, why would you want to go their" and my family are Alevis. which is close to Shia.

Edited by Ince - 21-Apr-2010 at 17:19
 Post Reply Post Reply