Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFinding the original date!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding the original date!
    Posted: 21-Dec-2013 at 18:12
Dear Arthur-Robin, thanks for your well written reply. I think that you had some rather good points. Well done.

By the way! I surely hope you began to feel better. God Bless!

Regards, Ron

Edited by opuslola - 21-Dec-2013 at 18:48
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2013 at 18:43
Originally posted by medenaywe

According the name of Inquisition,lot of historical facts are not sure.Religion was changed in middle
age?!?Confused

Yes medenaywe, these things happened in the Middle Ages, but the Middle Ages supposedly lasted about 1,000 years, if you accept our current chronology.

I am just waiting for those incredible posts from Red Clay that will shred my ideas to little pieces!!!

Regards, Ron

Edited by opuslola - 21-Dec-2013 at 23:33
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2013 at 18:52
Dear Arthur-Robin, you wrote these words;

"No one yet knows the full true picture of history/chronology (even if the bible is true we still can't see the full picture yet) and no one yet knows for sure the "point zero" "1 anno mundi" date of the world (like Ussher's 4004 bc). (Even you don't seem to have provided/proven any key date/point/event?) There are plenty of sequences and synchronisms which provide the keys to ancient chronology (ones which the modern evolutionists don't consider). I believe the biblical is the one truest source and evidence continually found to support this. Don't be so set on written though because it seemingly may be that it was oral at first."

Very well! I did mention a date that could well be the only one used to date BCE and CE dating, and that was the dating of the first Easter!

Please feel free to explore all of the data found on the Net! There is quite a lot and a lot of it has some hard questions to answer.

You see A-R, that there really has to be some date that is so secure, that all of the chronologies of the world have been tied together from it!

From this one very secure date, it seems to me that all other dating's were tied! This might well have happened when one secure dating was linked to another secure dating, etc.! But just where is the secure dating evidence? (Secure dating, means "without a doubt", in my mind.)

Some of the greatest minds of the past have tried to solve the Easter dating, but it is, I am afraid still not a "sure thing!", 'with out a doubt" date.

I cannot find it, perhaps you can?

Regards, Ron

Edited by opuslola - 15-Jan-2014 at 22:08
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2014 at 21:49
To all concerned, just what is the difference of the Paschal and Easter?

I, for one, consider them the same?

Regards, Ron
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2014 at 21:12
Here is a good site.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blxtn_easter_dating.htm[/URL

Next Dionysius the "Little" or in French the "Petite!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysius_Exiguus

Dionysius Petau or Dionysius Petavius, either of the last names or descriptive names Petau and Petavius are similar to Petite, and thus could mean "small" or "Little."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petavius

And this site; http://hbar.phys.msu.ru/gorm/fomenko/petavius.htm You might well note that some of our protection devices say that this site might be unsafe! I think it is bunkum and a way to deter people from finding out the truth. Proceed with caution, however.

The Fomenko Group considers all three of these personages to be only the full scope of the last! The early two are merely "ghost" figures set back into the past to help create a past.

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 08-Jan-2014 at 21:48
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2014 at 22:22
Opuslola,
First you have to define what you mean by the first Easter/Paschal? Are you refering to the crucifiction? (Or do you mean first christmas since you mention Dionysius?) Are you refering to the passover/exodus? are you refering to pagan Eostre/Ostara? [Or are you refering to one of the 2 jewish new year dates from creation/flood/moses? Or are you refering to the projected back in time to creation in relation to conjunctions/etc?]
And by date do you only require a year or do you require a month and day too?
There are secure world history dates (or events/ages/etc) that are known (as i gave some brief examples), and there is a point zero that isn't yet rediscovered.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2014 at 22:33
By the way medenaywe can you translate "Petavius?" I feel it means "The way of Peter", or something similar.

But, of course "peter" also means "Rock", and maybe it means "a rocky road?" Smile!

Regards, Ron/Rum

Edited by opuslola - 08-Jan-2014 at 22:46
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2014 at 22:43
Originally posted by Arthur-Robin

Opuslola,
First you have to define what you mean by the first Easter/Paschal? Are you refering to the crucifiction? (Or do you mean first christmas since you mention Dionysius?) Are you refering to the passover/exodus? are you refering to pagan Eostre/Ostara? [Or are you refering to one of the 2 jewish new year dates from creation/flood/moses? Or are you refering to the projected back in time to creation in relation to conjunctions/etc?]
And by date do you only require a year or do you require a month and day too?
There are secure world history dates (or events/ages/etc) that are known (as i gave some brief examples), and there is a point zero that isn't yet rediscovered.

Thanks for your response. I am merely trying to explain that the dating of Death and later resurrection of the Christ, was to become a key date to all dates. The pinning down of this date even if there existed a few week difference, made the date of the birth of the Christ, and the dating of Caesars, possible within a few weeks at the most. Thus it is "The Key Date!", IMHO! The dating of a Roman Emperor ties all other dates with it and unites every nation who had experience with the Romans, etc.!

Regards, Ronald (Since I sign most every post with my first name, it is amazing how few of you actually know it!, and none of you have ever used it!)

"Diony·sius Ex·ig·u·us [eg-zig-yoo-uhs, ek-sig-]

noun
died a.d. 556?, Scythian monk, chronologist, and scholar: devised the current system of reckoning the Christian era."

He reportedly wrote that the Christ was born 525 years before. Thus the date of year 1(one), etc.! And just whom was in power in Rome at that time? And just what was the situation in Egypt, and Syria etc.?

Edited by opuslola - 08-Jan-2014 at 22:53
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2014 at 23:47

I not quite sure I understand. I thought you meant the date of creation/bc. Do you only mean key date for all AD dating? or that it is also key for bc in relation certain amount of years from creation date (like yr 4000 / etc in Barbara Thierring's Apocalypse book). I thought Fomenko reckons that all history before Charlemagne is made up duplications? For some reason the figure 525 yrs [phoenix?] sounds possibly familiar from somewhere else, all i can find is Amasis/Psamtik/Cambyses/evelthon 525bc, Welsh Annals/ 19 or 84 yr easter cycle/Rothmund/catastrophe event/Drest 525ad [also similar to 532/537/542/547 of Nennius/Geoff of Mon], 36525yrs. Sorry for the impersonality Ron(ald). (Sean.)

-----

The Star of Bethlehem (& Herod's eclipse):
[- 17bce comet]
- Halleys 12/11bc Aug25th 56/63days china?
- Uranus&Saturn 9bc?
- conjunction of (mars &) Jupiter & Saturn (3 x in Pisces) 5months in ((20th/endFeb, Apr12th), 20/21/29thMay, sep/(2)3rdOct, 4thDec, (endJan)) 7/6bc/{7bce/feb6bce}?
- double occultation of JupiterbyMoon close to sun in Aries 17april 6bc? / ((sun&) jupiter&moon&saturn in aries (ven&mar in neigh consts) 6/17apr6bc.) [~Herod's eclipse?]
- conjunction Uranus&Venus 6bc?
- object/comet/nova 5bc (70days,China)?
- comet withnotail thatdidn'tmove 4bc (korean)?
/ - comet & conjunctionseveralplanets inpisces ca4bc (dss)?
[- lunareclipse 13/15mar4bc?]
(- conjunction of Venus&Saturn (in eastern sky) in 12Jun3bc?)
(- conjunction of Jupiter and Venus in Leo in 12thAug3bc?)
- conjunction Venus & Mercury 31aug3bc?
[7conjuncts 3-2bc?]
- conjunction of Jupiter&Regulus in Leo (1st of 3x over 8mo) between 14Sept3bc & Jun2bc?
/ - conjunction of Jupiter&Venus near Regulus in Leo in [West at] sunset in 17Jun2bc?
- Venus rose to mark sceptre in Leo 18/20/24aug2bc?
- Jupiter stationary 25dec2bc
- jup&ven in virgo in sw [july1bc]?
[- no/nonein yr0bc(e)]
- Venus rose in Aries 27mar 1ad?
- 2&1supernovas (1toolowonhorizon, kes75, aquilaeV603) [no date given in my source]?

The eclipse of Herod might be the double occultation of Jupiter?

-> herod the great 40-4bc/-1bc? (eclipse shortly before death)
-> augustus caesar 19bc-ad14
-> star of bethlehem 12/11bc (halley's), 9bc, 7/6bc (j&s in pisces), 6bc, 5bc, 3bc, 3-2bc (j&v etc), 2bc, 1ad.
-> cyrinus 10-7bc, ad6-7-12 ?
-> census/indiction 12bc, 8bc (3x), 7bc, (mass oath Aug) 3bc, ce/ad6/7, 20, 34.

= only one date in common and that is 7bc?
[Though the bible doesn't actually say that the decreed "census" and Jesus birth were the same as the 1st census at time of Cyrinus? Also the star was visible between his birth and upto 2yrs later (or 2 years before)?]

Jesus was (between 12 and) "about 30" y.o. in the 15th regnal year of Tiberias (ad28/29?)
Some revisionists claim Jesus [was baptised at age 33 not 30 y.o., &/or] died at age 36 not 33 y.o. (after 1-2-3 years ministry). However it may even be possible that he [was baptised at 36 not 33 or "30" y.o., &/or] died at 39 [40] not 36 or 33 y.o.?
Psalms 22:30 (and Isaiah 53:8 ) says his "generation" (40 years)? (Unless its not counting tribulation? &/or Though a generation can be 33/30 [32] yrs (compare Gen 11, Joseph "about 30", Herodotus)?)

Ministry & Crucifiction/eclipse/resurrection:
[ad 15? - Tiberias reign began.]
<<27ad?>>
"27"/28/29ad, 15th yr Tiberias;
<<5apr30ad?>>
4/5 mar 31 ad "ladder formed by all wandering stars" [Transfiguration?];
15 aug 31 ad "Venus rose in sextans (included as part of leo)";
32ad darkness/eclipse (Thallus/Africanus); /
/ fri 3 apr 33 ad "eclipse/blood-moon"?
(19 mar-)5 apr 33 ad "Venus (& sun) rose in pisces".
34 census [tax?]
"35 british evangelised"
36 pilate rule ends.
37 tiberias reign ends.
46 famine
70 destruction jerusalem.

The saying of 'Tammuz' that "great Pan is dead" in the reign of Tiberias (15-37) is possibly connected with the death of Jesus? (Ref. JC Cooper.)
556ad minus 525yrs = 31ad????

My tentative theory is that Jesus was born 7bc, baptised at 36 in "27"/28/29 ad, 3 & a 1/2 yrs ministry, died/rose 39 yrs old in 32/33ad. However I feel that I'm probably wrong, esp as the alternatives of others of star in 3/2bc and of 30/33/36 yrs old are also convincing/convicting. (The alternative is thus: born 3/2bc, baptised 29ad aged 33, died 32/33 aged 36?) The birth/xmas date is therefore the more uncertain, the crucifiction/easter one seems more certain.

The time of 46 yrs to build Herod's temple in Jesus' time may either confirm or contradict my dating:
They say Herod's temple was built in 17th/18th yr of Herod (about 21/20/19 bc), which would make my date 3yrs out. However it is said that Herod had to quary the stones before demolishing and rebuilding temple (the found quary site/finds date to 19 bc), &/or Jewish tradition says temple took 3yrs to build (JC's 3 days?), so that might make my date not 3yrs out. The year of Herod's reign is either 15th or 17th/18th yr. The date of temple (re)building/expansion/construction begun could have been anywhere between 21 to early17bc.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2014 at 00:00
Can't you see Arthur-Robin that it is all "smoke and mirrors?"

There does not exist any reputable date, that cannot be challenged before the general usage of the "Printing Press!"

Mein Gott!

Have you read the Koln Cathedral thread lately?

By the way you post above was remarkable! Thanks!

Regards, Ron   

Edited by opuslola - 15-Jan-2014 at 22:07
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2014 at 22:05
I remain continually amazed that more of you so-called historians, do not really understand the importance of this date!!!
Ron
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2014 at 00:54
Ron: You're wandering again! It's difficult to find what you really mean in your original post. So as to try to clarify historical events, it is necessary to relate the event to a place in time. There is no need, under ordinary circumstances, to question the definition of time, it's a given accepted by all of us, except you. As to the fact that certain events have been allocated to a space in time, does it really matter, except for clarifying historical chronology? Where would we be if we continually questioned the dates upon which events have been said to have occurred throughout history. I could go on-
1. What is your name?
2. How do you know?
3. Did your parents tell you?
4. They may have lied.
5. Is there an historical record of your naming?
6. Who wrote it?
7. Where did they get the information from?
8. Your parents. see 4. above.
9. When were you born?
10.How do you know?

Do you see what I mean
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2014 at 21:28
Certainly toyo....., you cannot be serious? Just how do you believe our historical chronology was written? Have you never read any serious criticisms of it? Hundreds of minds have searched this very problem over the centuries? And, you remain dumb to them?
Even the most serious evidence is mostly here say or worse!

Please tell me where I am incorrect?

And then you send to me that stupid list of ten dumb things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO! I DO NOT SEE WHAT YOU MEAN!

Do you even have any way to understand what I mean? Please?

Yes, in my case there exist numerous records of both my birth day and name, and they all exist in "public" records that are still extant in the original, as far as I know!

Sorry you do not have such!

And neither do most all personages that are thought to have lived before the 10th or 11th century of the current era.

But, perhaps you can provide us or me, with some convincing evidence?

Start with Caesar, and Gaul, and Jesus, and hundreds of others? Just provide me with some extant evidence that cannot be challenged?

The so called "History" of this world is full of fakes! The Roman C. C. has revealed hundreds of them and historians have revealed hundreds more! So, sometimes these "reveals" contradict one another.

If so, just upon which side to you reside?

Regards, Ron

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 22-Jan-2014 at 21:45
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2014 at 21:42
By the way, I am still waiting with "bated breath" the volumes of evidence promised by our esteemed leader. (RC)

Regards, Ron
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2014 at 21:50
Originally posted by Arthur-Robin

I not quite sure I understand. I thought you meant the date of creation/bc. Do you only mean key date for all AD dating? or that it is also key for bc in relation certain amount of years from creation date (like yr 4000 / etc in Barbara Thierring's Apocalypse book). I thought Fomenko reckons that all history before Charlemagne is made up duplications? For some reason the figure 525 yrs [phoenix?] sounds possibly familiar from somewhere else, all i can find is Amasis/Psamtik/Cambyses/evelthon 525bc, Welsh Annals/ 19 or 84 yr easter cycle/Rothmund/catastrophe event/Drest 525ad [also similar to 532/537/542/547 of Nennius/Geoff of Mon], 36525yrs. Sorry for the impersonality Ron(ald). (Sean.)

-----

Dear Arthur-Robin, there exists literally dozens of dates done my past masters of religion, science and mathematics that differ in the date you proposed above by hundreds if not thousands of years! Just how can we predict it?

My regards, Ron

The Star of Bethlehem (& Herod's eclipse):
[- 17bce comet]
- Halleys 12/11bc Aug25th 56/63days china?
- Uranus&Saturn 9bc?
- conjunction of (mars &) Jupiter & Saturn (3 x in Pisces) 5months in ((20th/endFeb, Apr12th), 20/21/29thMay, sep/(2)3rdOct, 4thDec, (endJan)) 7/6bc/{7bce/feb6bce}?
- double occultation of JupiterbyMoon close to sun in Aries 17april 6bc? / ((sun&) jupiter&moon&saturn in aries (ven&mar in neigh consts) 6/17apr6bc.) [~Herod's eclipse?]
- conjunction Uranus&Venus 6bc?
- object/comet/nova 5bc (70days,China)?
- comet withnotail thatdidn'tmove 4bc (korean)?
/ - comet & conjunctionseveralplanets inpisces ca4bc (dss)?
[- lunareclipse 13/15mar4bc?]
(- conjunction of Venus&Saturn (in eastern sky) in 12Jun3bc?)
(- conjunction of Jupiter and Venus in Leo in 12thAug3bc?)
- conjunction Venus & Mercury 31aug3bc?
[7conjuncts 3-2bc?]
- conjunction of Jupiter&Regulus in Leo (1st of 3x over 8mo) between 14Sept3bc & Jun2bc?
/ - conjunction of Jupiter&Venus near Regulus in Leo in [West at] sunset in 17Jun2bc?
- Venus rose to mark sceptre in Leo 18/20/24aug2bc?
- Jupiter stationary 25dec2bc
- jup&ven in virgo in sw [july1bc]?
[- no/nonein yr0bc(e)]
- Venus rose in Aries 27mar 1ad?
- 2&1supernovas (1toolowonhorizon, kes75, aquilaeV603) [no date given in my source]?

The eclipse of Herod might be the double occultation of Jupiter?

-> herod the great 40-4bc/-1bc? (eclipse shortly before death)
-> augustus caesar 19bc-ad14
-> star of bethlehem 12/11bc (halley's), 9bc, 7/6bc (j&s in pisces), 6bc, 5bc, 3bc, 3-2bc (j&v etc), 2bc, 1ad.
-> cyrinus 10-7bc, ad6-7-12 ?
-> census/indiction 12bc, 8bc (3x), 7bc, (mass oath Aug) 3bc, ce/ad6/7, 20, 34.

= only one date in common and that is 7bc?
[Though the bible doesn't actually say that the decreed "census" and Jesus birth were the same as the 1st census at time of Cyrinus? Also the star was visible between his birth and upto 2yrs later (or 2 years before)?]

Jesus was (between 12 and) "about 30" y.o. in the 15th regnal year of Tiberias (ad28/29?)
Some revisionists claim Jesus [was baptised at age 33 not 30 y.o., &/or] died at age 36 not 33 y.o. (after 1-2-3 years ministry). However it may even be possible that he [was baptised at 36 not 33 or "30" y.o., &/or] died at 39 [40] not 36 or 33 y.o.?
Psalms 22:30 (and Isaiah 53:8 ) says his "generation" (40 years)? (Unless its not counting tribulation? &/or Though a generation can be 33/30 [32] yrs (compare Gen 11, Joseph "about 30", Herodotus)?)

Ministry & Crucifiction/eclipse/resurrection:
[ad 15? - Tiberias reign began.]
<<27ad?>>
"27"/28/29ad, 15th yr Tiberias;
<<5apr30ad?>>
4/5 mar 31 ad "ladder formed by all wandering stars" [Transfiguration?];
15 aug 31 ad "Venus rose in sextans (included as part of leo)";
32ad darkness/eclipse (Thallus/Africanus); /
/ fri 3 apr 33 ad "eclipse/blood-moon"?
(19 mar-)5 apr 33 ad "Venus (& sun) rose in pisces".
34 census [tax?]
"35 british evangelised"
36 pilate rule ends.
37 tiberias reign ends.
46 famine
70 destruction jerusalem.

The saying of 'Tammuz' that "great Pan is dead" in the reign of Tiberias (15-37) is possibly connected with the death of Jesus? (Ref. JC Cooper.)
556ad minus 525yrs = 31ad????

My tentative theory is that Jesus was born 7bc, baptised at 36 in "27"/28/29 ad, 3 & a 1/2 yrs ministry, died/rose 39 yrs old in 32/33ad. However I feel that I'm probably wrong, esp as the alternatives of others of star in 3/2bc and of 30/33/36 yrs old are also convincing/convicting. (The alternative is thus: born 3/2bc, baptised 29ad aged 33, died 32/33 aged 36?) The birth/xmas date is therefore the more uncertain, the crucifiction/easter one seems more certain.

The time of 46 yrs to build Herod's temple in Jesus' time may either confirm or contradict my dating:
They say Herod's temple was built in 17th/18th yr of Herod (about 21/20/19 bc), which would make my date 3yrs out. However it is said that Herod had to quary the stones before demolishing and rebuilding temple (the found quary site/finds date to 19 bc), &/or Jewish tradition says temple took 3yrs to build (JC's 3 days?), so that might make my date not 3yrs out. The year of Herod's reign is either 15th or 17th/18th yr. The date of temple (re)building/expansion/construction begun could have been anywhere between 21 to early17bc.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2014 at 21:52
Does anyone have any idea what the name "Herod" means?   

Hello Mend......?

Ron
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2014 at 21:55
I would refer to you all to again read my original post!

"
Hello members, and others! This post is a question designed to find out a basic truth or truism!

That is, when our history and chronology was first placed into writing or print, the collecters of this mass of information had to have derived a date, from which all other dates could be related! Thus the following post;

AD / BC means very little if one does not really know the correct generation / period / century / millennium in which to begin!

Pray tell me just what date is the starting point? That is, by what standard does anyone determine just what epoch was used as the "prime" number? I would suggest that it is mostly a "tradition" that keeps it going?

But, this is a question for everyone, just what event in history can be fully justified as a "real time?"

And if it was a "real time", then by what evidence is there presented, to make it acceptable to us today?

Was it a celestial event?
Was it an eruption?
Was it a flood?
Was it a plague?
Was it a lineage from someones family that exists today, that is traced back over 2,000 years?
Was it merely? astronomical?
Was it a drought?    
Was it a "little Ice Age?"
Was it the birth of a King or Queen?
Was it the birth or death of a Saint?
Was it a military victory or defeat?
Was it merely the "general opinion?"

Pray, I plead, just what do each of you place complete / unequivocal (meaning " Admitting of no doubt or misunderstanding; clear and unambiguous", evidence towards that you would bet your life upon it, was the date, you would chose, by which all other dates are to be constrained or considered?

It is obvious if you considered the last addrress I left on this site (http://skeptically.org/oldtestament/id15.html), that a great many "great minds" who actually live much closer to the event(s) in question, and in eras where there still might well have existed original documents to prove or disprove ones opinion, that many dates have been presented for the "begining" have been considered! Each of these dates directly addresses the "birth of the Saviour!", however?

Do we all disregard Velikovsky, or Isaac Newton?

It is most obvious that each and every one of you has to rely upon "some one", or a "group of someones", who(m) presented some point(s), by which you place your faith, in both their words and their dates / datings! / Chronologies!

If there exists some date in what we call AD, times that you can rely upon to count backwards to the "birth of the Christ", then present it please? (I.E. can anyone prove a direct lineage between their famiy and Christ?, or Herod?, or Caesar?, or anyone else from that period?)

If so, is there also some date, that preceedes the birth of the Christ, that is so verifible? If so, then please present it?

Can it really be either way? Can any of us really be sure?

I would hope you could leave "faith" out of the responses?

It is by "faith" that I await!, in some repose!

Regards,

Ron

Capishe? Is that word actually Italian? LOL

"History is more or less bunk. It's tradition. We don't want tradition. We want to live in the present, and the only history that is worth a tinker's damn is the history that we make today."

Edited by opuslola - 22-Jan-2014 at 22:06
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2014 at 22:10
Look ya'll! History seems to tell us numerous times that certain men and councils went into long investigations as to the dating of Easter or the Jewish Paschal!

It seems that our ancestors were not very sure of this event?

Can any of you history experts list all of those men and all of those councils who regarded the importance of this date?

I contend that all dating systems are a derivative of this dating? But just whose dating was finally accepted?

Certainly one of you should know the answer? After all, some of you probably have "Doctor" somewhere in your resume'? LOL

Regards, Ron

Edited by opuslola - 22-Jan-2014 at 22:24
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2014 at 01:01
Originally posted by opuslola

Certainly toyo....., you cannot be serious? Just how do you believe our historical chronology was written? Have you never read any serious criticisms of it? Hundreds of minds have searched this very problem over the centuries? And, you remain dumb to them?
Even the most serious evidence is mostly here say or worse!

Please tell me where I am incorrect?
Ron

Opuslola
1. Yes, I'm serious;
2. I believe that our historical chronology is composed from research into historical writings, archaeology and genetics;
3. I don't believe that I'm dumb; and
4. The word is "hearsay".
Where a statement is purely hearsay, I would not expect it to be considered fact until it's corroborated in some material particular by physical evidence.
The ten points I put to you are not rubbish, based on your theories, you probably don't exist, were probably never born, and probably don't have parents. Everything is determined by provable fact-evidence peer reviewed and published for general review.

I don't agree with what you say when you go on these rants, and I'll continue beating you over the head until you start researching your posts before you send them.
Comprendes?
Verstanden sie?
And the word "capice" is indeed Italian!

Edited by toyomotor - 23-Jan-2014 at 01:04
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2014 at 01:10
Originally posted by opuslola

Look ya'll! History seems to tell us numerous times that certain men and councils went into long investigations as to the dating of Easter or the Jewish Paschal!

It seems that our ancestors were not very sure of this event?

Can any of you history experts list all of those men and all of those councils who regarded the importance of this date?

I contend that all dating systems are a derivative of this dating? But just whose dating was finally accepted?

Certainly one of you should know the answer? After all, some of you probably have "Doctor" somewhere in your resume'? LOL

Regards, Ron

OpuslolaJust a further point in this conversation. What was the point of your original post? Was it to encourage debate or was it just one of your more "convivial" moments? We currently have a fairly sensible conversation running about Standards and Heraldry-why not stick to sensible topics?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>