Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kurdish ancestry: what is true, and what isn't?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 25>
Author
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurdish ancestry: what is true, and what isn't?
    Posted: 08-Jan-2011 at 09:47
Originally posted by Putty19

Ince, the clothes the Kurds wear majority look like the pictures I posted, I've seen all Kurdish places in Iraq and some in Turkey to confirm that, I also know a Kurdish guy from Mahabad who said it's pretty much the same for Kurds in Iran.

As far as the Stele in Hakkari, that's Cimmerian, not Scythian, the two groups are not the same, the Cimmerians used to live around the black sea area then later the Scythians came and drove them out.

Those ones I posted are what Kurds from Syria,Anatolia and Iran and Iraq wear.  They all slightly differ from eachother.  The Anatolian and Syrian Kurds wear the pointy hat and the vest.   Even the Alevi Kurds clothes slightly differ from other Kurds from Anatolia. 

The Cimmerians are believed to have been Indo-Europeans speaking either Iranian and some believe even Celtic.  The Sycthian influence on Kurds is much greater then you give credit for.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2011 at 09:53
Some more Anatolian Kurds

http://www.25haber.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/20100105AY262730_03.jpg
http://www.bilinmeyendiyarbekir.com/musiki_clip_image004_0000.jpg
Zert View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Zert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2011 at 11:03
I don't know much about traditional wear, I do know however that Kurds are known for their pointy hats, even in this picture of Selah'edînê it is apparent.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2011 at 14:09
Others also know for their pointy hats;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitre
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
MediaWarLord View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2011 at 18:22

To my racist Turkish and Assyrian friends. Turkey is a finished country, it’s history. Turkey and the Turks don’t exist. It’s all illusion, a phantasm. Turks don’t have allies anymore to kill Kurds. Germany left the boat 10 years ago. And now the Americans, Jews and Israel left them. Without allies (and the whole world) is Turkey incapable fighting the Kurds. The Kurds are much more powerfull than the Turks.

Turkey is trying to get support from Al-Qaeda and other Muslim extremists. But they’re weaker than the Kurds. Turkey has got just one chance to survive and a nation who can help them is Russia; like the USSR (Lenin) did in 1920-1930. But the Russians will not help those finished and helpless Turks without demand things from the Turks. Things have changed and we live in an another time and era.

Russian has got it’s own agenda. Russia will help the Turks only if Turkey go in war and finish the USA. So, is ask those racist people, is this possible?

So my advice is get used to the Kurds, because we are the geo-political reality, and not just your nightmare. You can’t win from us. We are the Medes, and the Medes are returned on geo-political world stage. Nobody can stop the Medes…

Edited by MediaWarLord - 08-Jan-2011 at 18:34
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2011 at 18:25
Btw, Armenians are not the Indo-European (Iranian) people. Maybe they speak an Indo-European language, but they're a mix of the ancient Urartu people (Hurrians) and the Semites (Assyrians).

Edited by MediaWarLord - 08-Jan-2011 at 18:38
Putty19 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Putty19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2011 at 18:42
Originally posted by Ince

Ince, the clothes the Kurds wear majority look like the pictures I posted, I've seen all Kurdish places in Iraq and some in Turkey to confirm that, I also know a Kurdish guy from Mahabad who said it's pretty much the same for Kurds in Iran.

As far as the Stele in Hakkari, that's Cimmerian, not Scythian, the two groups are not the same, the Cimmerians used to live around the black sea area then later the Scythians came and drove them out.

Those ones I posted are what Kurds from Syria,Anatolia and Iran and Iraq wear.  They all slightly differ from eachother.  The Anatolian and Syrian Kurds wear the pointy hat and the vest.   Even the Alevi Kurds clothes slightly differ from other Kurds from Anatolia. 

The Cimmerians are believed to have been Indo-Europeans speaking either Iranian and some believe even Celtic.  The Sycthian influence on Kurds is much greater then you give credit for.

The Cimmerian language is actually unknown, it was assumed to be Iranian based on their steppe location, but to this date, this is just a speculation that has no evidence for it.

Also on the Kurdish clothes, I think you're being a little selective with your pictures, I'm not saying other styles don't exist, but the pictures I posted clearly show the most dominant style.

Originally posted by MediaWarLord

Btw, Armenians are not the Indo-European (Iranian) people. Maybe they speak an Indo-European language, but they're a mix of the ancient Urartu people (Hurrians) and the Semites (Assyrians).

The Kurds are mixed too, what's your point exactly?

Edited by Putty19 - 08-Jan-2011 at 18:43
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2011 at 18:49

The Cimmerian language is actually unknown, it was assumed to be Iranian based on their steppe location, but to this date, this is just a speculation that has no evidence for it.

Also on the Kurdish clothes, I think you're being a little selective with your pictures, I'm not saying other styles don't exist, but the pictures I posted clearly show the most dominant style.

Are you saying that the Kurds are not Indo-European (Iranian) people? How can you deny this fact. Every historian and scientist on earth is saying that the Kurds are Indo-European people.

Our language, culture, ethnicity, ancient religion (Zoroastrianism, Yezidism) and our history is Indo-European...

Maybe you're too young to know the Kurdish history. Or maybe you're a troll and just here to spread lies about us only to piss off the Kurds...

Edited by MediaWarLord - 08-Jan-2011 at 19:11
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2011 at 18:53

Everybody on earth is mixed. But Kurds are even less mixed than the Europeans.

The Turks, Armenians, Iranians, Azeris and Arabs are much more mixed than the Kurds.

Our ethnicity is still Indo-Iranian, our language is still Indo-European, religion (Yezidism) is still Indo-Iranian, our history is still Indo-European. What ethnicity do the Turks have? They don't even know they're Mongoloid (Turanian), Indo-European or Semitic... Their language is Mongoloid, their facial features are Arabo-Turanian, they live on the land of the Greeks. Who are they?

Btw, Christianity is a Semitic religion. Like Judaism and Islam. The ethnicity and culture of Jesus Christ is Jewish...

Edited by MediaWarLord - 08-Jan-2011 at 19:26
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2011 at 19:40

Yes it is still speculation and they might of come from Eastern Europe.   I was not been selective, here are Kurdish music videos of Anatolian Kurds.  Anatolian Kurds clothes slightly differes from some other Kurds and Anatolian Kurds do wear what you posted as well.   I go to Kurdish events here in London and I asure you that Northern Kurds do dress like that. 

From Diyarbekir

Alevi Kurds

We are Kurds

Edited by Ince - 08-Jan-2011 at 19:56
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2011 at 21:32

Are you saying that the Kurds are not Indo-European (Iranian) people? How can you deny this fact. Every historian and scientist on earth is saying that the Kurds are Indo-European people.

Our language, culture, ethnicity, ancient religion (Zoroastrianism, Yezidism) and our history is Indo-European...

Maybe you're too young to know the Kurdish history. Or maybe you're a troll and just here to spread lies about us only to piss off the Kurds...

Bro Kurds are just as mixed  as any other people in West Asia.   I know many Kurds who have Turkic ancestory.   Even on Y-DNA kurds are pretty much mixed.   Yes Kurds are Iranic people, but are they pure Iranic? No, niether is Iran or even East Iranians as mixing and blending was and is still common.   At the end of the day, we are all Humans and all this talk of purity is just nonsense.  

Edited by Ince - 08-Jan-2011 at 21:47
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2011 at 01:16

Bro Kurds are just as mixed  as any other people in West Asia.   I know many Kurds who have Turkic ancestory.   Even on Y-DNA kurds are pretty much mixed.   Yes Kurds are Iranic people, but are they pure Iranic? No, niether is Iran or even East Iranians as mixing and blending was and is still common.  At the end of the day, we are all Humans and all this talk of purity is just nonsense.  
We're not pure Indo-Iranians, because an important part of our ancestors were not Indo-European. Hurrians were not Indo-European. They were mixed (Guti, Elamites etc. with the Y-DNA hamplogroups I, J2 and G) and the native people of Kurdistan. But I think we're still the same as our ancestors (Medes & Hurrians). This can't be said about our neighbours. We mixed relatively less with other people because we have been living isolated in our mountains for ever. Sure, in the big cities and at the border some Kurds are mixed, but you can’t say that about all Kurds. Because that’s not true. In the heartland of Kurdistan, Kurds (Medo-Hurrians) are relatively unmixed!

Edited by MediaWarLord - 10-Jan-2011 at 02:09
Putty19 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Putty19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2011 at 06:14

I'm not too young nor am I not knowledgeable enough to discuss the subject, it's you that claims very absurd things, this is what you said:

I think it is you who's not knowledgeable enough to discuss this subject because the Armenians ARE Indo-Europeans in every sense the Kurds are, they're not Iranians in language, but they do speak an Indo-European language.

You need to understand something, Indo-European does not mean Iranian, Iranian is only one branch, there are other branches such as Armenian, Indo-Aryan, Slavic, Celtic, Germanic, Italic, Greek, Albanian, so on, these are all Indo-European branches, to say the Armenians are not Indo-European yet the Kurds are is pretty idiotic.
Putty19 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Putty19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2011 at 06:28
Ince, once again I'm not saying Kurds don't have diverse clothing, all I'm saying is the dominant dress they wear is similar over all, and it's basically like this:

Even in your videos, you could tell this is the dominant style, in Anatolia where Kurdish clothing seems to be more diverse, you still see this style:

It's pretty much very similar to the other Kurds in Iraq and Iran, the only major difference you see is some of them wrap the 'gal around their neck rather than around their head.

Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2011 at 09:28

Ince, once again I'm not saying Kurds don't have diverse clothing, all I'm saying is the dominant dress they wear is similar over all, and it's basically like this:

Even in your videos, you could tell this is the dominant style, in Anatolia where Kurdish clothing seems to be more diverse, you still see this style:

It's pretty much very similar to the other Kurds in Iraq and Iran, the only major difference you see is some of them wrap the 'gal around their neck rather than around their head.

I know what  you mean, I think due to been seperated from eachother and different tribal origins, they will show some differences.  

Edited by Ince - 10-Jan-2011 at 09:35
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2011 at 09:33

Bro Kurds are just as mixed  as any other people in West Asia.   I know many Kurds who have Turkic ancestory.   Even on Y-DNA kurds are pretty much mixed.   Yes Kurds are Iranic people, but are they pure Iranic? No, niether is Iran or even East Iranians as mixing and blending was and is still common.  At the end of the day, we are all Humans and all this talk of purity is just nonsense.  
We're not pure Indo-Iranians, because an important part of our ancestors were not Indo-European. Hurrians were not Indo-European. They were mixed (Guti, Elamites etc. with the Y-DNA hamplogroups I, J2 and G) and the native people of Kurdistan. But I think we're still the same as our ancestors (Medes & Hurrians). This can't be said about our neighbours. We mixed relatively less with other people because we have been living isolated in our mountains for ever. Sure, in the big cities and at the border some Kurds are mixed, but you can’t say that about all Kurds. Because that’s not true. In the heartland of Kurdistan, Kurds (Medo-Hurrians) are relatively unmixed!

Kurds are genetically the result of the people that settled in Kurdistan.  Also I do not think Haplogroup I is native to the Middle-East and likely come from Europe where it is found in high numbers, as it's highly found among Kurds and lower among other people in the Middle-east.  North Kurds have the highest percentage of I, where it is lower among Southern Kurds, where as R1b is higher in Southern Kurds, but a bit lower among northern Kurds.   

Edited by Ince - 10-Jan-2011 at 09:37
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2011 at 17:33

I think it is you who's not knowledgeable enough to discuss this subject because the Armenians ARE Indo-Europeans in every sense the Kurds are, they're not Iranians in language, but they do speak an Indo-European language.

You need to understand something, Indo-European does not mean Iranian, Iranian is only one branch, there are other branches such as Armenian, Indo-Aryan, Slavic, Celtic, Germanic, Italic, Greek, Albanian, so on, these are all Indo-European branches, to say the Armenians are not Indo-European yet the Kurds are is pretty idiotic.
I know that Iranian or ARYAN language is just a part of the whole Indo-European family. Kurdish is a northwestern Iranian (ARYAN) language of Satem isogloss (Baltic, Slavic & Aryan). Kurdish is closer to the original Proto-Indo-European language (PIE) than any other Indo-European language in the world. Kurdish didn't change as much as other Centum and Satem languages of Indo-European family. That's a fact and scientifically proven. In other words, Kurds speak almost the same language as their Indo-European ancestors!

Armenians are saying that they came from Urartu. Urartu were Hurrians. If Urartu were Armenian ancestros = Armenians are Hurrians and not Indo-European...

Urartu = Hurrian
Urartu = Armenians
Armenians = Hurrians

Armenians just adapted an Indo-European language, like Greeks or Laz (Georgians) of Turkey the Turkish language.

Armenians are NOT Indo-European. They just speak an Indo-European language. This is a fact!

We Kurds are saying that we came from the Medes (Guti, Medes, Kassites, Mittani, Scythians etc), and ofcourse also the Hurrians. The Medes were Indo-European people. So that makes us Indo-European. We speak the same language as our Indo-European ancestors. We didn't lost our language, but are using the same language inherited from our ancestors (and NOT from other people).

Medes = Indo-European
Medes = Kurds
Kurds = Indo-European

We're a product of the Hurrians and the Indo-Eurpeans, our Indo-European ancesotrs absorbed other people. Armenians are just a product of Urartu (Hurrians)...

Edited by MediaWarLord - 10-Jan-2011 at 18:36
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2011 at 17:48

Also I do not think Haplogroup I is native to the Middle-East and likely come from Europe where it is found in high numbers, as it's highly found among Kurds and lower among other people in the Middle-east.  North Kurds have the highest percentage of I, where it is lower among Southern Kurds, where as R1b is higher in Southern Kurds, but a bit lower among northern Kurds.
Every Haplogroup in Europe comes from somewhere else!

Haplogroup I is a subroup of Haplogroup IJ. Hg IJ is the ancestor of Hg I. The origin of Hg IJ is in Kurdistan, like Hg I, J2 etc.

Our ancestors from West-Asia or the Middle-East were also the ancestors of the most people of Europe. And I'm not talking about the Uralic people in the North, but about people from South-Europe (and the Indo-Europeans) .
We're the ancestors of the Europeans and not vice versa!

Edited by MediaWarLord - 10-Jan-2011 at 18:16
Putty19 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Putty19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2011 at 02:59

I know that Iranian or ARYAN language is just a part of the whole Indo-European family. Kurdish is a northwestern Iranian (ARYAN) language of Satem isogloss (Baltic, Slavic & Aryan). Kurdish is closer to the original Proto-Indo-European language (PIE) than any other Indo-European language in the world. Kurdish didn't change as much as other Centum and Satem languages of Indo-European family. That's a fact and scientifically proven. In other words, Kurds speak almost the same language as their Indo-European ancestors!

This is none sense, where did you come up with this mumbo jumbo? Listen, the Kurds (Along with all the other Indo-European speakers) have all evolved and there's no such scientific study that indicates Kurdish is closest to the Proto-Indo-European language, if there is, please provide your sources backed up by legit scholars.

In any case, scientific facts show similarities between ancient languages such as Sanskrit, Persian, Greek, and Latin which indicates that these languages all shared a similar ancestor, and if there's any claim about modern languages being closest to the Proto-Indo-European language, it's the Baltic family (Lithuanian and Latvian), not Iranian, the reason for that is because Baltic languages still retain many archaic features (Which are found in Proto-Indo-European language), but not found in other Indo-European languages.

Armenians are saying that they came from Urartu. Urartu were Hurrians. If Urartu were Armenian ancestros = Armenians are Hurrians and not Indo-European...

Urartu = Hurrian
Urartu = Armenians
Armenians = Hurrians

Armenians just adapted an Indo-European language, like Greeks or Laz (Georgians) of Turkey the Turkish language.

Armenians are NOT Indo-European. They just speak an Indo-European language. This is a fact!

We Kurds are saying that we came from the Medes (Guti, Medes, Kassites, Mittani, Scythians etc), and ofcourse also the Hurrians. The Medes were Indo-European people. So that makes us Indo-European. We speak the same language as our Indo-European ancestors. We didn't lost our language, but are using the same language inherited from our ancestors (and NOT from other people).

Medes = Indo-European
Medes = Kurds
Kurds = Indo-European

We're a product of the Hurrians and the Indo-Eurpeans, our Indo-European ancesotrs absorbed other people. Armenians are just a product of Urartu (Hurrians)...

What makes you think you're more Indo-European than an Armenian? This is rubbish, both of the Kurds and Armenians are mixed people and have some Indo-European roots along with native roots, the language happens to be Indo-European for both, but for most part the people are likely native to Eastern Anatolia and the Caucasus, please read more, you have a lot of learning to do.

Every Haplogroup in Europe comes from somewhere else!

Haplogroup I is a subroup of Haplogroup IJ. Hg IJ is the ancestor of Hg I. The origin of Hg IJ is in Kurdistan, like Hg I, J2 etc.

Our ancestors from West-Asia or the Middle-East were also the ancestors of the most people of Europe. And I'm not talking about the Uralic people in the North, but about people from South-Europe (and the Indo-Europeans) .
We're the ancestors of the Europeans and not vice versa!

No, you're not the ancestor of the Europeans, once again you come up with uneducated rubbish claims, just because haplogroup IJ was from the middle east that does not make the Europeans Kurds, haplogroup IJ is 40,000+ years old, civilization as we know it is not even 10,000 years old, how on earth you connect one with the other goes beyond my head.
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2011 at 10:16
Please don’t be an expert on Kurds if you can't handle it. You’re not a Kurd and never studied the Kurdish history and the Kurdish language! Don’t be ignorant and don’t be a troll.

You, sir, are a moron or a troll!

Hewrami dialect of Gorani (Kurdish language) is closely related to Avestan language. Avestan is an ancient language and was the language of Zoroaster.
Avestan is the oldest preserved ARYAN language. And Kurdish is closely related to that language! This is a fact.

Don't comapre Armenians with Kurds. Armenians are just a bunch of Hurrians heavily mixed with Gypsies and Kurds. Armenians assimilated all their Gypsy population. No country in the world did that, but Armenians dit. This is a fact!
And I don't hate Armenians. I'm baptized in an Armenian church and have an Armenians surname, ends with "- ian".

Kurds are more related to the ancient Indo-Europeans, because our culture (music, clothes etc.), language, religion (Zoroastrianism, Yezidism). Everything about us is Indo-European.
We're the descedance of the Medes!

If Hg I ever evolved in Europe, Hg IJ must moved to Europe. But Hg IJ never moved to Europe,  but evolved in Kurdistan in Hg I and J and then move to Europe. This is what I call the logical thinking.

The Europeans came from the East, the Middle East. People of the Middle East always have influenced people in Europe. Think about the first agriculture, Christianity etc. Why are you denying this fact!

Edited by MediaWarLord - 11-Jan-2011 at 10:27
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 25>