Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kurdish ancestry: what is true, and what isn't?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 25>
Author
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurdish ancestry: what is true, and what isn't?
    Posted: 07-May-2010 at 17:01
Originally posted by kalhur

xorto
when i listen to kurdish music from turkey it sounds that the pronounciation of words are much similar to persian than our own dialect in southern kurdestan, but as you say the  kurmanji gramatic is very different from  farsi .
i don't know why, but somehow the words are pronouncrd much more like persian in kurmanji.
 i listened to ibrahim tatlisa song . shemame the words for things are often very identical to persian.
i have noticed too that:
 kurmanji berf = barf persian wafer in my dialect.
               baran= baran persian . waaran in my dialect 
often B is changed to W i southern kurdestan but it is B in north like in persian!!
unfortunately in our days after the iran iraq war which resulted to the devastation of many vilages and cities . many people from our tribe have  left thier homes and setteled around  persian speaking cities like kermanshah and our dialect is changed too i see when younger people are speaking kalhuri often they use persian words instead of using their own and the result is slowly the language changes !! and an old dialect is disapearing Unhappy

The first time I had heard Persian I noticed how similar it was to Kurmanji.  I also find it more easiar to understand then Zaza and times.  I think their is also the Kh sound that Kuramnji tend to use more Xwode,Xwasin.

I had a Persian friend at school and I showed him some Kurdish songs, he said he found the Kurmanji/Sorani ones easier to understand then Gorani and Hawrmani, it was only a few songs so I not sure if it could be the case.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 17:06
Kalhur, heres a Kurmanji video of a conversation, what do you think,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APm0BoE0xgo&feature=related
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 17:42
i saw the clip . i will say i don't understand the most of it only some words and some sntences , maybe he is not speaking very clear and also because the gramatic of kurmanji is very different from my  own dialect and  from farsi too, but i can understand much more easier  hawrami Shocked  or ardalani(senandaji).or sorani i can follow the  news in sorani  too, but not in  kurmanjiDisapprove
but when it is writen then it becomes easier to undersand, maybe because i am not used to listen to kurmanji!!
i don't know why kalhuri is classed as a kurmanji dialect? i am not expert in language, but it seems the north kurdish dialects are much far away from our dialect in southern parts, it seems you use more auxiliar verbs in kurmanji and som pre-fix and sufix which we don't use in our dialect.

in my dialect we do not use pre -fix like other dialect
exemple

zanem in kalhuri  and A- zanem or Da-zanem in other dialects

Edited by kalhur - 07-May-2010 at 18:15
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 18:17

i saw the clip . i will say i don't understand the most of it only some words and some sntences , maybe he is not speaking very clear and also because the gramatic of kurmanji is very different from my  own dialect and  from farsi too, but i can understand much more easier  hawrami Shocked  or ardalani(senandaji).or sorani i can follow the  news in sorani  too, but not in  kurmanjiDisapprove
but when it is writen then it becomes easier to undersand, maybe because i am not used to listen to kurmanji!!
i don't know why kalhuri is classed as a kurmanji dialect? i am not expert in language, but it seems the north kurdish dialects are much far away from our dialect in southern parts, it seems you use more auxiliar verbs in kurmanji and som pre-fix and sufix which we don't use in our dialect.

I notice that the man did not speak very clear,, but that was the only one I had found that I had not posted before, the lady in the video spoke more clealer.

Regarding the Kalhuri been regarded as Kurmanji, My first assumption was that after seen a Kurdish language chart that somebody had made, after looking more into it,  Kalhuri is closer to Gorani and Hawramni then Kurmanji.

So many dialects, I wonder who out can speak all of them, even dialect with dialects Big smile

Edited by Ince - 07-May-2010 at 18:18
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 18:40
ince
please watch this clip and tell me how much you can understand .

it is in my dialect

Edited by kalhur - 07-May-2010 at 18:56
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 19:02

ince
please watch this clip and tell me how much you can understand .

it is in my dialect

My Kurdish is not that good but I can pretty much understand my family.  The song was hard to understand, I did understand some parts of it and other parts I could not put my finger on, I seem to have the same problem with Gorania and Hawramani,  I find Sorani easy to understand, but it does have it's difference.

I did find this easier to understand, maybe every 2nd or 3rd word, the artist speaking rather then singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG-qaZsR_bI&feature=related

Edited by Ince - 07-May-2010 at 19:03
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 19:45
ha ha  when he sings it is much more kalhuriBig smile, but when they talk it is more farsi than kalhuriDisapprove  the young generation  can't speak real kalhuri !!!they use more and more farsi words instead of genuine old kalhuriUnhappy
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 19:57

ha ha  when he sings it is much more kalhuriBig smile, but when they talk it is more farsi than kalhuriDisapprove  the young generation  can't speak real kalhuri !!!they use more and more farsi words instead of genuine old kalhuriUnhappy

Even in Turkey and here in England young Kurds don't even speak Kurdish, they speak Turkish or English. 
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2010 at 13:03

@Kalhur-Ince  Like i said this is because Kurmanci was used as conversation language between Persian and Kurds. I would not rely on Ibrahim Tatlises´s Kurmanci he uses many Arabic Words because he is an half Arab and the biggest Problem is the guy even can´t speak realy Kurmanci he just knows some words. Kurmanci influenced by Persian yes but not so much like many people thing. It are just a few Words. Kurmanci has it own Grammer. unfortunately some Kalhur-Lek Kurds get assimilated by Persian language like the Lori People which were for sure former Kurds!  And no of course Zazaki is closer to Kurmanci than Persian much closer! Some Kurmanci speakers just have the persianized Speaking art. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7TZTNARxe4

Edited by Xorto - 08-May-2010 at 13:08
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2010 at 13:18
it depends to regions . higher in R1a1 in turkish kurdestan and much lower in southern.

iran at the time of achemenid empire was more mixed than USA is today.iranian were very tolrent toward other non iranian nations.
 only reading the scriptors of cyrus the great about the respect of defeated babylon's population give us a great insight in the iranian culture at that time.
today even in the most remote and unreached tribal places in iran like lorestan and zagros mountain the population are result of racial mixture of many ancient non aryan population with later  arrived aryan imigrants.
what made iran  a great nation is the teaching of zaratostra which is our cultural father.
 the shape of face or special phenotype is not of importance. 
you can have in a same family brothers and systers with different colour of eyes and hair and skin in iran due to the such a rich racial mixture.
 one thing for the sure there is no danger of inbreding in iranBig smile

Even Kurds who claim they are pure are even mixed.  As it depends on the location.   Genetic testing found that Kurds of Georgia are closer to Georgians where as Kurds of Turkey were closer to Turks of turkey and Iranians.  Kurds of North Iraq were related to Iranians and populations that live in Northern Iraq like Assyrians and Arabs.  

Here Y-DNA results for average per country or population so not every ethnic group will have the same make up certain citys will be different to another.  http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml

Kurds have no J1 Big smile

Region/Haplogroup
I
R1a
R1b
G
J2
J1
E
T
L
Q
N
Others

Syria

Georgia
Iran
Iraq

Armenia
Azerbaijan

Kurdistan (Turkey)

Region/Haplogroup
I1
I2a
I2b
R1a
R1b
G2a
J2
J1
E1b1b
(+L)
Q
N1c1

Turkey

Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2010 at 17:27
Originally posted by Xorto

@Kalhur-Ince  Like i said this is because Kurmanci was used as conversation language between Persian and Kurds. I would not rely on Ibrahim Tatlises´s Kurmanci he uses many Arabic Words because he is an half Arab and the biggest Problem is the guy even can´t speak realy Kurmanci he just knows some words. Kurmanci influenced by Persian yes but not so much like many people thing. It are just a few Words. Kurmanci has it own Grammer. unfortunately some Kalhur-Lek Kurds get assimilated by Persian language like the Lori People which were for sure former Kurds!  And no of course Zazaki is closer to Kurmanci than Persian much closer! Some Kurmanci speakers just have the persianized Speaking art. 

I know that Zaza is much closer to Kurmanji but what I was trying to say is that at times it is more easier to understand Persians, because Kurmanji speakers tend to pronounce some words more similar to Persian.

For example,. I listen to Kurdish music alot and find it hard to understand Gorani and Hawrmani. 
I showed my mum these music videos and she could only understand a few words and her Kurdish is very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gtPeTs8jaI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8xUIrvIfC0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GERJdZl5goo

Also for example here are Persian clips, I can understand like every 2 to 3rd word.  But some Persian speakers are also very hard to understand , maybe do to different accents. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANgfs-ssDhM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi0ysyyCMd4

Edited by Ince - 08-May-2010 at 17:43
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2010 at 17:48
Kalhuri

those Persian clips I posted above are they Farsi or Tajik or Dari? The video says Afghani it could be any of them?
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2010 at 18:04
Hey Kalhuri, I saw this on Youtube and thought you'd like to see it, it shows what the Kurds suffer in Turkey.  I've even lost a few family members, who joined the PKK and were killed by Turks Cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm9GQ7gFdKM

Edited by Ince - 08-May-2010 at 18:05
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2010 at 21:20
i saw that clip
first i have to salut all the kurdish martyrs which they have given their lives to defend their homeland.
 . it is very sad that kurdish problem should not  be solved in a peaceful way. 
in one side the governemnt in turkey is blamed, but for a people  like kurds divided between larger nations with large military power like turkey iraq, iran and syria we  should be very cautious to do not put in danger the civil population by taking  in arms and fight for a liberation  when the chance of wining  is slim.
 in modern war a few hundred man armed with light machin gun have no chans to win a battle . they can survive themselves in the mountain , but the cities and villages are left to the merci of barbarian enemies. the civilian populatin are exposed to mass murder, rape and so on.Unhappy
 i believe the kurdish political organisations are also responsible for a great part of this tragedy,
i saw in the tv here in sweden that in iraq how the two major political kurdish  fractions faught each other one supporting saddamShocked  for taking control over a city Cry and calling each other  JASH.
often damage done by political organisation is worse than enemies!! 
i am glad that american liberated iraq and kurdish population can enjoy a freedom.
 i am realy grateful of USA for what they did in iraq.
i wonder if sadam was still in power in iraq . how  was the situation  there?
i believe human right and national right of kurdish populations in all the countries like turkey , iraq, iran , syra is tied to the right of rest of population and  armed action against these governeent can't solve this problem. 
we need a great political and culturel effort to bring  democracy to these countries not by armed strugle by fighting politically and culturaly to save our language and culture  in the first hand.
kurds should be engaged for the legitamate right of both turks , iraqian arabs, iranian fars and naturally  kurds.
i see on internet many racistical word against arabs and turks . it is not right even i see that turks and arabs are insulting kurds all the time
. we should not do like they do . we shall show civilised manner and use civilised words.
 if we shall  put ourselves in a separatist position, we loose the support of turks . arabs, iranian populations and if by grace of god kurds win the war against all of them what they will get is a country  encircled by enemies with  no acces to the sea and in permanat war with their neighbours.
  i believe a federal and democratic solutionfor the region is the best goal.

Edited by kalhur - 09-May-2010 at 05:09
ideas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote ideas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2010 at 12:36

i saw that clip
first i have to salut all the kurdish martyrs which they have given their lives to defend their homeland.
 . it is very sad that kurdish problem should not  be solved in a peaceful way. 
in one side the governemnt in turkey is blamed, but for a people  like kurds divided between larger nations with large military power like turkey iraq, iran and syria we  should be very cautious to do not put in danger the civil population by taking  in arms and fight for a liberation  when the chance of wining  is slim.
 in modern war a few hundred man armed with light machin gun have no chans to win a battle . they can survive themselves in the mountain , but the cities and villages are left to the merci of barbarian enemies. the civilian populatin are exposed to mass murder, rape and so on.Unhappy
 i believe the kurdish political organisations are also responsible for a great part of this tragedy,
i saw in the tv here in sweden that in iraq how the two major political kurdish  fractions faught each other one supporting saddamShocked  for taking control over a city Cry and calling each other  JASH.
often damage done by political organisation is worse than enemies!! 
i am glad that american liberated iraq and kurdish population can enjoy a freedom.
 i am realy grateful of USA for what they did in iraq.
i wonder if sadam was still in power in iraq . how  was the situation  there?
i believe human right and national right of kurdish populations in all the countries like turkey , iraq, iran , syra is tied to the right of rest of population and  armed action against these governeent can't solve this problem. 
we need a great political and culturel effort to bring  democracy to these countries not by armed strugle by fighting politically and culturaly to save our language and culture  in the first hand.
kurds should be engaged for the legitamate right of both turks , iraqian arabs, iranian fars and naturally  kurds.
i see on internet many racistical word against arabs and turks . it is not right even i see that turks and arabs are insulting kurds all the time
. we should not do like they do . we shall show civilised manner and use civilised words.
 if we shall  put ourselves in a separatist position, we loose the support of turks . arabs, iranian populations and if by grace of god kurds win the war against all of them what they will get is a country  encircled by enemies with  no acces to the sea and in permanat war with their neighbours.
  i believe a federal and democratic solutionfor the region is the best goal.

When PUK and PDK fought each other, a maximum of 4000 people died, of whom were all troops, no civilians! and every country has had a civil war, this things happen and its all behind us now.. a kurdish state is bound to happen sooner or later.
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2010 at 12:54
thank god that this civil war is over, because it was  REALY a great shame!! 
 when a people is in fight for their freedom and their land is occupied  and their cities and vilages are bombed and thousends of populations are jailed  by a powerful enemy .
 is it wise to fight each other instead of gathering force and fighting the enemy? 
the sorrow over our ruined cities and villages and our  people moved to iranian city and urbanised was not enough and see our brothers in iraq are killing each other by thousends and insulting each other and accusing each other as JASH on forigne TVDisapprove
 i hope this kind of fight for power  will never happened again! 
ideas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote ideas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2010 at 12:57

thank god that this civil war is over, because it was  REALY a great shame!! 
 when a people is in fight for their freedom and their land is occupied  and their cities and vilages are bombed and thousends of populations are jailed  by a powerful enemy .
 is it wise to fight each other instead of gathering force and fighting the enemy? 
the sorrow over our ruined cities and villages and our  people moved to iranian city and urbanised was not enough and see our brothers in iraq are killing each other by thousends and insulting each other and accusing each other as JASH on forigne TVDisapprove
 i hope this kind of fight for power  will never happened again! 

Yeah it was a shame, but not to worry, we are now unitied with a decent army ;)
and kurdistan is the best place in the whole of iraq right now, I don't know if you seen the new cities, if not ask and I will post you some photos.
Azadi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
retired AE moderator

Quote Azadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2010 at 13:06
We're far from united, what illusion are you trying to set up... but it's a beginning.
ideas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote ideas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2010 at 13:10
Originally posted by Azadi

We're far from united, what illusion are you trying to set up... but it's a beginning.

Im talking about kurds in iraq.
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2010 at 13:10

The Clips you have posted are Tajik. And this is one of the explainings why it is so near to kurmanci. It is well known that from persian dialects Tajik is much closer to kurmanci than farsi. the tajik speakers use the loud like kurds do. for example persian you is To in kurmanci tu and tajik also tu.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 25>