Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mass rapes in Korea by Japanese in WW2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Argentum Draconis View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Argentum Draconis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mass rapes in Korea by Japanese in WW2
    Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 13:28

In a topic here someone mentioned about something like "mass rapes in Korea". I know Japanese were cruel in WW2 but i didn't know what did they do in Korea. What did they do in there?

I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 01:28

I don't think there was a single mass rape like the one in Nanking...

they did cause 9 million Korean casualties according to http://www.skycitygallery.com/japan/japan.html

They used Koreans as comfort women, as well as soldiers and slave labourers..

attemped to eradicate Korean culture... exploitation of Korean resources.. etc etc

pb91 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote pb91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 09:37

and sex slaves. they took hundreds of thousands of koreans into concentration camps and tortured them to death. They made students carry spears around so that they could kill U.S. parachuters. In fact, they trained students starting 5th grade to fight and kill. They elliminated all use of the korean language and forced the koreans to use japanese as the national language and those who didn't were executed. Japanese chopped off the arms of protesters in korea so that they couldn't hold up any placards during riots. and ofcourse guns. They used koreans as first row militia during battles. They ripped families apart. property was sold and used for japanese benefit, men into camps and the army, women into slavery and sex companions and children left on the streets or made to go collect sap from pine trees which could be used as automobile fuels. I can go on forever whith what hte japanese did to the koreans. But i'll stop here. I think i got my point through.

Samurai
Samurai

Quote Argentum Draconis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 11:27
Are there any Koreans who didn't suffer or any of his/her close relatives didn't suffer from japanese?
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 18:50
Originally posted by Argentum Draconis

Are there any Koreans who didn't suffer or any of his/her close relatives didn't suffer from japanese?

Probably those who collaborated with the Japanese.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Argentum Draconis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 05:15

Much of the Korean women who lived in WW2 was raped by Japanese?

Mughal e Azam View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 23:40
Sometimes i think the Japanese deserved Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Mughal e Azam
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 04:22
Originally posted by Mughaal

Sometimes i think the Japanese deserved Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Er, no Mughaal, you are confusing the actions of a military force with an attack against civilians. The military actions of a nation should never be used to justify attacks against innnocents. The entire nation cannot be held to account. Did the children of Hiroshima or Nagasaki deserve to be poisoned and killed? Of course not. Its just like saying, 'my cousin was killed by an American soldier, so an American civilian deserves to die for it'. Dangerous territory methinks
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 10:59
Is/Was the military a branch of the government? What did the Japanese people do to stop these atrocities, besides paying their taxes?

Sometimes, silent witness to crimes become accomplices.
Mughal e Azam
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 11:19

It doesn't matter. Civilians can never be held accountable to the point of death for the actions of their nation as a whole. If half or one or all of those who died in the bombings were against the actions of the japanese abroad, but of course had no power to do anythiong, do they deserve death? Does anybody deserve death? To quote J.R.R Tolkien - 

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Easternknight View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Easternknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 11:48

wow, old thread

40,000 Koreans were killed in the bombings and 30,000 were exposed to radiation.
Preobrazhenskoe View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Preobrazhenskoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 14:34
I think the vast majority of Japanese citizens didn't know what the hell was going on with their government. Same with troops in the field and out at sea. The troops and officers that weren't involved in war crimes, that is.

Eric

Edited by Preobrazhenskoe - 13-Jul-2007 at 14:35
galvatron View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote galvatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 22:01
The citizen of Hiroshima and Nagasaki get those bomb because this was action cause by the goverment, as the Chinese  proved  say  ,what come around ,go arounds  ,are the innocent young  children  female  South Korea deserved to be sex slave  and be raped ?

Edited by rodimus prime - 13-Jul-2007 at 22:02
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 00:59
Truth is its your JOB to know whats going around. There are 2 kinds of justices metered out in every society:

Collective Justice
Individual Justice

Collective Justice is when society is responsible for putting an end to the injustices of its own society and community.
Individual Justice is when society is responsible for putting an end to the injustices of its own individuals.

If you fail in either, more than likely consequences will befall you one way or another.

Japanese people claimed ignorance of their nations war crimes in China and Kores and all of East Asia; Americans claimed Hiroshima/Nagasaki was the only way to end the war in peace.

Tough, but thats life.

Edited by Mughaal - 14-Jul-2007 at 01:00
Mughal e Azam
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 08:21
Some Japanese still claim ignorance. For one who greatly appreciates the Japanese and their culture, this remains a blemish.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 12:33
Originally posted by pb91

and sex slaves. they took hundreds of thousands of koreans into concentration camps and tortured them to death. They made students carry spears around so that they could kill U.S. parachuters. In fact, they trained students starting 5th grade to fight and kill. They elliminated all use of the korean language and forced the koreans to use japanese as the national language and those who didn't were executed. Japanese chopped off the arms of protesters in korea so that they couldn't hold up any placards during riots. and ofcourse guns. They used koreans as first row militia during battles. They ripped families apart. property was sold and used for japanese benefit, men into camps and the army, women into slavery and sex companions and children left on the streets or made to go collect sap from pine trees which could be used as automobile fuels. I can go on forever whith what hte japanese did to the koreans. But i'll stop here. I think i got my point through.

I don't think there were mass rape in a single incident, but yes... the injustice still prevails.

My question is... what are we trying to get at? What's the conclusion are we getting at? Japan is still going to deny all the sickening past and the International Community are not going to care.

Edited by pekau - 14-Jul-2007 at 12:35

Join us.
ChickenShoes View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote ChickenShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 13:58
Originally posted by Dolphin

It doesn't matter. Civilians can never be held accountable to the point of death for the actions of their nation as a whole. If half or one or all of those who died in the bombings were against the actions of the japanese abroad, but of course had no power to do anythiong, do they deserve death? Does anybody deserve death? To quote J.R.R Tolkien - 

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

"in a war like this there are no civilians" to quote the late and terrible adolf hitler.
It is not enough that I succeed - everyone else must fail
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 17:36
Originally posted by ChickenShoes

"in a war like this there are no civilians" to quote the late and terrible adolf hitler.

Not true. Death of civilians would affect the economy of the nation. Economy is critical to almost all aspects of nation, including its military.

Join us.
ChickenShoes View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote ChickenShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 21:10
Originally posted by pekau

Originally posted by ChickenShoes

Not true. Death of civilians would affect the economy of the nation. Economy is critical to almost all aspects of nation, including its military.

what i meant by the quote is that everyone is a target, no one is innocent or safe, not that there aren't people in active duty.
It is not enough that I succeed - everyone else must fail
Easternknight View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Easternknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 21:20
I think he's trying to say Civilians are fair game?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>