Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which revolutionary do you idealize?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which revolutionary do you idealize?
    Posted: 04-Jan-2010 at 14:46
Your choices are Marx, Mao or James Madison?

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2010 at 15:54
How about "Mayonaisse?" Laugh!

Hey the "Earl of Sandwich" whould have loved it!

Edited by opuslola - 04-Jan-2010 at 15:55
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2010 at 12:58
Marx wasn't one. A intellectual yes.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2010 at 19:04
James Madison! Of course!
Deano97 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Deano97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2010 at 17:42
Well if Marx wasnt a revolutionary he certainly inspired many!Marxism and the Communist Manifesto led to Lenin bringing Communism to Russia and overthrew the last of the Tsars!You should make this into a poll
I fart in your general direction!Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of Elderberries!
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2010 at 20:05
Yes, maybe a poll it shoud be? But, since the American revolutionary nation has exceeded the Marxist / Leninist by a good margin, I would guess Madison was the victor?

"Men that go Ni!"

"It is only a flesh wound!"

I also fart in your general direction! Laugh!

Edited by opuslola - 09-Mar-2010 at 20:20
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2010 at 06:15
Ron, I think the line was- "knights who say knieh!".Big smile

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2010 at 18:37
You say potato and I say potatoe! Laugh! But, it all seems to wash out! I am glad there are other fans of the group here!
Deano97 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Deano97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2010 at 19:53
Are you suggesting Coconuts migrate?
HELP HELP!Im being reppressed!
I fart in your general direction!Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of Elderberries!
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2010 at 19:43
But when the do migrate, they sound a lot like horses moving? Or trotting, etc.!

King, you are not my king! You don't even have a horse! etc.!
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2010 at 13:15
Che Guevara, Malcom X, Martin Luther King, Ghandi, Mossadegh just to name a few.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2010 at 19:10
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

Che Guevara, Malcom X, Martin Luther King, Ghandi, Mossadegh just to name a few.

What? There are no WASP's in your list? How strange? Are you somewhat racist?

Certainly you might well include at least one?

How about Martin Luther?

Regards,
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2010 at 22:30
Originally posted by opuslola

Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

What? There are no WASP's in your list? How strange? Are you somewhat racist?

Certainly you might well include at least one?

How about Martin Luther?

Regards,

Martin Luther was a revolutionary, certainly, but I'm not Christian, so hes not necessarily someone I look up to, although I'm glad he challenged the power of the Church and he was a key figure in bringing about secularism and the separation of Church and State. He was a progressive and he would certainly be on my list, but not in my top ten.

Also, Che was white, he was of European Spanish and Irish descent, did you not know that? So I do have a white person on my list buddy. Nice try though, but as usual you only succeed in showing your own ignorance. Bravo.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 14-Mar-2010 at 22:31
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2010 at 07:56
UH! Dear TGS, I feel that you accidentally mis-read my question?

WASP, stands for White Anglo Saxon Protestant!

You really need to catch up on your knowledge of famous acronyms?

I really doubt that Che', was raised as a Protestant! But, maybe he was raised in the Church of England, or Lutheran, or Methodist? I merely assumed that 98%+ of Cubans, in that era, were Roman Catholics! And, I also doubt that many Irish consider themselves as Anglo-Saxons, nor do the Spanish in general. And Martin Luther never considered himself anything but Roman Catholic!

But, of course I could be wrong!

Regards,
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2010 at 14:26
Wow...just wow, opuslola, pick up a dictionary please...

UH! Dear TGS, I feel that you accidentally mis-read my question?

WASP, stands for White Anglo Saxon Protestant!

I know what WASP stands for, but you said that I may be somewhat racist, which implies WHITE, as protestant is a religion, and not an ethnic group. I merely pointed out to you that I did, indeed, have a white person on my list. So what if hes not anglo-saxon, do you simply insist that if I did not include an anglo saxon on my list that I hate the English?

Grow up, seriously, grow up.

You really need to catch up on your knowledge of famous acronyms?

and perhaps you should catch up on everything else? Smile

I really doubt that Che', was raised as a Protestant! But, maybe he was raised in the Church of England, or Lutheran, or Methodist? I merely assumed that 98%+ of Cubans, in that era, were Roman Catholics! And, I also doubt that many Irish consider themselves as Anglo-Saxons, nor do the Spanish in general. And Martin Luther never considered himself anything but Roman Catholic!

But, of course I could be wrong!

Regards,

Wow, Che was not even Cuban....HE WAS ARGENTINIAN.

Seriously opuslola, you have the entire world wide web at your disposal yet you make no effort whats so ever to do any research of any kind...

Seriously, everyone, this guy is a troll.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 15-Mar-2010 at 14:28
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2010 at 17:14
Was he a Cuban citizen? Or was he a mercenary? Or was he an "illegal alien?"

You are the expert! Tell us, please!

Is he also considered as a "hero" of Argentina?

Would there be much difference in religious status or choice in either state? If not then my statement is still meaningful! If not "exactly" correct as you seem to desire!

PS: "In February,(1959) the revolutionary government proclaimed Guevara "a Cuban citizen by birth" in recognition of his role in the triumph."

Source; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_Guevara

So, maybe I am not as wrong as you seem to think?

Edited by opuslola - 16-Mar-2010 at 17:30
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2010 at 21:18
Your choices are Marx, Mao or James Madison?

this is far too narrow a choice of "revolutionary" considering that this forum is regarding the "Americas".  From that perspective, only Madison is relevent, but since the list implies a global list, Che and others outside the list have been considered.  I'll add Villa, Zapata, and Vicente Guerrero, to give a Mexican perspective.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2010 at 09:29
Going way back was a man who stood up against the Romans- Spartacus!

I wonder who would be considered heroic revolutionaries during the Greek revolution against the Ottoman Empire?

I wonder if Jesus would be considered a revolutionary? He stood up against the established Jewish religious leaders but look what happened to him.

I like George Washington and would add him and Paul Revere Has anyone ever read Revere's full speech where he states "give me liberty or give me death?"

I am not sure if Constantine Palaeologus XI would fit here but he stood up against the Ottomans despite the odds and is a hero to modern Greeks.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2010 at 15:20
I can with some sincerity conclude that Jesus was a "large" revolutionary! And, some historians of pseudo-historians, can even conclude that it was really "Jesus" who was released to the crowd!

But, it is a most only "pseudo-history", and/or?

Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2010 at 00:59
Going way back was a man who stood up against the Romans- Spartacus!

Well, we can go even further back to such "revolutionaries" as Zoroaster, Buddha, and Confucius, or even earlier with Akhenaton, Hammurabi, or UruKAgina, but, hey, we are now way off topic Ermm

Just a suggestion - maybe we should restrict the list to favorite revolutionaries of the Americas.  While it is obvious that ideologies of Europeans and Asians (i.e. Marx and Mao) were influencial in the Americas, there were revolutionaries in the Americas which espoused their philosophies - Che, for instance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>