Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Historical Dating / Base Years

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Historical Dating / Base Years
    Posted: 06-Mar-2010 at 08:57

As a side note, the Hadj or "base event" for the Islamic calender taken from the lunar phases.  Therefore, 100% accurate conversions to the Christian dating system are not always easy as one must take into account centuries of lunar phases. 

This can lead to discrepancies of 3-4 years (or more) in the conversion.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2010 at 16:14
Dear Cryptic!

Since these are considered as "intellectual" discussions, just how "intellectual" can I be before the "hammer" falls?

By the very definition of the word "intellectual" merely means "questioning?", maybe rather "thought and reasoning", see;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4ADBR_enUS315US315&defl=en&q=define:intellectual&ei=g-6SS_OCNZGwtgerjrzUCg&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title&ved=0CAYQkAE

Thus if I bring some subject that is mostly considered as "pseudo-science", will I be persecuted?

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Gueifu View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Gueifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2011 at 02:22
This is so exciting! Can't wait for the Special Friends edition.
Thanks for the links big bro!
I just want to say that you're doing a great job, keep it up!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2011 at 03:24
Was changing of calendar style to "now go forward",for new empire,just trial to hide or erase something?
I mean this above is excellent,but you miss subjective errors.Some of them are negligence or ignorance,but
also intentional change of time markers because of someone's personal interest.

Edited by medenaywe - 19-Jan-2011 at 09:35
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2011 at 04:41
By the way i found that 196b.c. 18th of march is New Year day ....Day of Deity Fire,Day of Life...
and script on stone is very example of intentional subjective error..Coronation of adolescent king and funeral of his father are virtually done or were stage performance...His father had died at least 10 years before.
   Same like Kadesh battle picture carved in stone with Ramses II.

Edited by medenaywe - 19-Jan-2011 at 04:47
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2011 at 12:20
Just do a Google search for "196BC" and read the entries!

Very interesting stuff!

Regards,
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2013 at 02:10
Perhaps, with some new blood on this site, we can again try to pin-down "absolute Dates?"

Mere common sense tells us that there had to be one non-controversial" date from which other dating's are derived!!!

So, just be the one who can find that said dating, based upon real evidence.

Myself, I would introduce to you all, that the Christian system of attempting to nail down the date of the first really, and well intested, or attested times, whereby all current dates or connected. That is a date all cultures could relate too, that is not connected to any dated that precede the flourishing of the "Printing Press?"

And I would suggest that that date was the one that narrowed down the dating of "Easter!"

Can any of you who are now conversant on this site suggest any better answers? Common sense makes my question relevant, does it not?

Regards, Ron

Edited by opuslola - 05-Dec-2013 at 02:21
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12