Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Of what Religion are you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Poll Question: What Religion are you?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [10.39%]
27 [17.53%]
19 [12.34%]
14 [9.09%]
0 [0.00%]
8 [5.19%]
7 [4.55%]
1 [0.65%]
51 [33.12%]
11 [7.14%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Of what Religion are you?
    Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 04:21
As there have been such interesting discussions about religions lately, I thought there might be time to do a (another ?)survey.
There are only ten slots for poll choices, so I firstly had to make a selection of the largest world religions by numbers and secondly throw some religions, which might not really belong together, in one slot.
I do apologise if I have left out any religion you may belong to.
For a more comprehensive list look here:

Largest World Religions
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Capt. Lubber View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Capt. Lubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 04:31
Atheist. Who'da thunk it?
Loke, Attila, the grete conqueror,
Deyde in his sleep, with shame and dishonour,
Bleedinge ay at the nose in dronkenesse,
A captayin shoulde live in sobrenesse
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 04:37

I say, atheist. You really can't be a part of most of those religions. Christianity, Islam long poisoned with power, false ideals, hierarchy. A really hardnut could find a true path with those two.

Protestants - believe in science and materialism and make man look divine while at the same time say that they believe in God as their spiritual leader, pathetic, the dilemma of views is far too great, maybe if you want to be more modern than Catholics you should choose to be protestant, but not for any other reasons, certainly not religious.

Hinduism - The caste system. Not an option for me. It works for Indians probably as class discrimination is a thing you might get used to within 3000 years. And also, the west has distorted Hinduism into freaky little cults and make it more comfortable for dumb little pacifists to "believe".

Buddhism - A nice religion, but far too foggy for westerners like me. Filled with mysticism and rituals where it ends for most. Sitting inside smoke and thinking of Buddha might be cool for Americans and Europeans, but that is where their faith ends.

Maybe only Shintoism is the only real religion i would choose as it seems most primitive, also the closest to paganism and as common knowledge tells, pagans were the most religious people in mans history.  

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 05:08
Born as a Muslim, but now just a God believer.

BTW, Komnenos, I'm not so sure about the accuracy of ur link. By a glance i noticed Shia Muslim we not even included.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 06:29
Originally posted by ramin

Born as a Muslim, but now just a God believer.

BTW, Komnenos, I'm not so sure about the accuracy of ur link. By a glance i noticed Shia Muslim we not even included.

Yeah, I noticed that as well, strange.
Anyway, there are probaly around 1 Billion Muslims around the world of which are 15% Shiites, so that makes about 150 Million.

Edited by Komnenos
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 06:42

since you put different typs of Christanity you might make Islam two as Shia and Sunnah

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 06:43
Agnostic, i don't claim to know.

Figures for number of members of a religion are iffy at best, i'd take any site's claims with a pinch of salt.

And  Kalevipoeg, your summary of religions is frankly bizare. The caste system is not an essential component of Hindusim, but rather more of a generic Indian thing that affects christians, hindus, muslims and buddhists alike, though more of a rural thing. And your pacifist stereotype is usualy the thing for buddhists, though there are plenty in Europe who take it seriously, so i wouldn't be so quick to dismiss its followers. Its not the 60s anymoer incase you hadn't noticed.
Arrrgh!!"
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 07:32
born catholic but now agnostic.
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 08:50
    Atheist, cause I don't want to get caught into some religious quarrel.
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Teup View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Teup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 08:52
Since I was having doubts as for what to vote, I took agnosticism
Whatever you do, don't
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 09:05
Sunni Muslim,and happy for this.
white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 12:50
im mormon, so would that be other christian?
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 13:38
Originally posted by white dragon

im mormon, so would that be other christian?

The opinions were divided if Mormonism is a Christian religion, but it's your choice of course.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 14:04
I am an Islamic submitter. Neither Sunni nor Shia. My belief is in the one God as written in appropriate religious texts. The final authority of written religious guidance as per the Koran.
Winterhaze13 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Winterhaze13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 14:25
You forgot to list Jewish.
Indeed, history is nothing more than a tableau of crimes and misfortunes.

-- Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)
Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Le Renard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 14:33
If you can't tell I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints "LDS" or "Mormons" we are also known by.
"History repeats itself because nobody listened the first time."
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 14:48

Wot no Rastafarian or Satanist.

Why do we atheists get lumped together with those agnostic wimps?

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 15:05
Look guys, there are only ten slots available in a poll, so don't crucify me if I haven't listed any of your religions. I didn't forget any, just didn't have room for all.
Well, I did forget Satanism and I do humbly apologise for that, oh cloven-hoofed, goats-headed Great One.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 15:32
And Jedi
Arrrgh!!"
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 16:28
Originally posted by Cywr

And Jedi

What I always wanted to know, but never dared to ask: What religion do Hobbits have?
There doesn't seem to be any evidence of organised religion or worship in the book.
Does anybody know?
Answers on a postcard!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>