Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Kush/Nubia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vitalon1152 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vitalon1152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Kush/Nubia
    Posted: 22-Nov-2009 at 11:25
I am having a bit of writers block. I have chosen to write a research paper on the Kingdom of Kush but I am  having a bit of trouble forming topics to talk about (Yes, im that blocked). If anyone could give me some suggestions or if you happen to have any pear reviewed article's id apperciate it. Thank you
kaznder View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote kaznder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2009 at 02:18
ummmmm, well, you can organize your thoughts, what is the goal of the research to begin with? is there anything you want to prove, if not, and if it was a common research just documenting history then do a brief time line of the kingdom and try to find out important events to talk about, I know I'm not helping in the topic itself and that is because i no nothing about the kingdom of Kush except for trading journeys between pharonic Egypt and kush in ancient times,at the age of queen Hatshepsut, they were famous for jewelery and ivory to the Egyptians...that's it, so, you actually have a good chance to talk about anything you want in this area since you got nothing in mind now, you can write about their culture or history or anything else.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2009 at 19:05
If I may interject? First of all you must be sure that the people you call the "Kush" are the same as those that you, as well as others, might also call "Nubians?"

Firstly, from what sources do you tend to use to make just such a comparsion? Are the "Kush" and "Nubians" always mentioned as one and all? Are there ever any distinctions made? Are the both of them always told to have lived in the same part of the world?

Of course there probably exists numerous other points that need to be connected until one can without a doubt, connect one group from another!
Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2009 at 12:39

Originally posted by Vitalon1152

I am having a bit of writers block. I have chosen to write a research paper on the Kingdom of Kush but I am  having a bit of trouble forming topics to talk about (Yes, im that blocked). If anyone could give me some suggestions or if you happen to have any pear reviewed article's id apperciate it. Thank you

I believe that the Nubian language is still spoken in southeren Egypt and Northeren Sudan. Ethnologue is a good on line source for language research.  language may make a good topic.

Originally posted by opuslola

If I may interject? First of all you must be sure that the people you call the "Kush" are the same as those that you, as well as others, might also call "Nubians?"
As a very side note....

Kush in the great Conan the Barbarian series was to the south of Aquilonia. It was inhabited by darker complected, ethnically sub Saharan Africans.  This would make the Kushites different from Nubians.  At least in the Hyborian Age of Conan anywaysWinkEmbarrassed

Edited by Cryptic - 02-Dec-2009 at 12:44
 Post Reply Post Reply