Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anthropology of Indo-European peoples

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anthropology of Indo-European peoples
    Posted: 02-Nov-2009 at 12:45

What do you think about it?
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2009 at 13:35
I think this kind of interpretation has no scientifical ground.

The shape of skulls seems for me rather an adaptation to climatic and social conditions than a genetic heritage. People living in some geographic conditions, having a specific way of life develop a similar shape of skulls. The skull and the entire human body is shaped according to life conditions.

As for the origin of Euopean population, The more Western the more pure, Paleolithic original is. In Balkans the percent of mixing with ME Neolithic farmers is ~30%, in Spain or Ireland the percent is almost zero. The Basques are the most ancient people of Europe, both genetically and linguistically, yet they are rather dark skinned and haired.

I put again this link because it has pictures with anthropomorphology of Europeans and you can see that the most ancient people of Europe, Spaniards, Basques, Irish, has not "long heads":
http://racialreality.110mb.com/

The European population is mainly the Paleolithic population, which was the result of Neaderthalian race mixed ~40,000 years ago with Homo Sapiens. The oldest remains of this result or of Homo Sapiens in Europe have been discovered in Romania:

In 2002, the oldest modern human (Homo sapiens sapiens) remains in Europe, have been discovered in the "Cave With Bones" (Peştera cu Oase), near Anina. Nicknamed "John of Anina" (Ion din Anina), his remains (the lower jaw) are approximately 42,000 years old.

As Europe’s oldest remains of Homo sapiens, they are likely to represent the first such people to have entered the continent. According to some researchers, the particular interest of the discovery resides in the fact that it presents a mixture of archaic, early modern human and Neanderthal morphological features, indicating considerable Neanderthal/modern human admixture, which in turn suggests that, upon their arrival in Europe, modern humans met and interbred with Neanderthals. Recent reanalysis of some of these fossils has challenged the view that these remains represent evidence of interbreeding. A second expedition by Erik Trinkaus and Ricardo Rodrigo, discovered further fragments (for example, a skull dated ~36,000, nicknamed "Vasile"). wo human fossil remains, found in the Muierii (Peştera Muierilor) and the Cioclovina caves, in Romania have been radiocarbon dated, using the technique of the accelerator mass spectrometry to the age of ~ 30,000 years BP. These are the most ancient dated human fossil remains from Europe, possibly belonging to the upper Paleolithic, the Aurignacian period

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistory_of_Southeastern_Europe

Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2009 at 15:28
Originally posted by Menumorut

The European population is mainly the Paleolithic population, which was the result of Neaderthalian race mixed ~40,000 years ago with Homo Sapiens.
 I disagree. Though a single excavation in Spain has uncovered fossil remains suggesting that Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals may have inter-mixed, scientists have not been able to find any Neanderthal DNA in modern Europeans. This lack of Neanderthal DNA includes the Basque people who have continously inhabited one of the last Neanderthal strongolds in Europe since before the Indo European migration.

If Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens did mix, these occurances must have been very rare and not led to numerous offspring.
Originally posted by Menumorut

I think this kind of interpretation has no scientifical ground.
I agree.  As a side note, the English words and sentence syntax used in the paper are slightly archaic. It suggests that the paper was written pre 1950s.  If this is correct, the paper was probably directly influenced by either the NAZI movement or an earlier Ango Saxon attempt to "trace" the claimed British cultural / ethnic supereority.  

Edited by Cryptic - 02-Nov-2009 at 15:37
 Post Reply Post Reply