Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parthians looked like which modern people?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parthians looked like which modern people?
    Posted: 02-Apr-2010 at 14:18
I would go as far to say that one could well place Ali Larijan, Mohammad-Ali Ramia, and Muhammed-Bager Qualibaf, upon any street corner in Denmark, and they would be indistinguishable from any other Dane!

But, I could have mentioned most any street corner in the West! But, to me at least, they most resemble Danes!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Shield-of-Dardania View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2010 at 20:02
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Head of a Parthian soldier, one of the earliest Parthian one, in Nisa, the first capital of Parthian empire in modern Turkmenistan:

They look like classical Patrician Romans, to me.
History makes everything. Everything is history in the making.
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2010 at 20:12
Originally posted by opuslola

I would go as far to say that one could well place Ali Larijan, Mohammad-Ali Ramia, and Muhammed-Bager Qualibaf, upon any street corner in Denmark, and they would be indistinguishable from any other Dane!

But, I could have mentioned most any street corner in the West! But, to me at least, they most resemble Danes!

Regards,
You could have also said Dutch, German or Anglo-Saxon, and I still wouldn't have disagreed with you. Only Qalibaf's eyes, to me, have that distinct Mediterraneanish, or perhaps, Indo-Europeanish, look.

Edited by Shield-of-Dardania - 05-Apr-2010 at 20:14
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2010 at 20:55
Since most all "White" people here in the South, where I was born and raised, can or did call England or Scotland, etc., as their home-country, I can tell, it seems, a difference between Danes and Germans, and even French, on a general basis, as well as Finnlanders, Swedes, etc.

Interestingly, Spain gives me more of a problem?, especially in Madrid! Catalonia is different entirely!
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2010 at 21:28
You sure? I can tell too, but only when they start speaking.LOL

Seriously though, Opus. I lived in England for seven years, and I never could tell between Anglo-Saxon, Dutch, Dane or German. Especially if they're all of similar coloured hair.

Finns I could begin to suspect a bit, their head and face shape tending, very slightly, toward Asiatic, I think. Whereas some dark haired, Mediterraneanish Frenchman(woman) also I could hazard a guess.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2010 at 21:50
Maybe it is an age situation? I am old by most accounts, and I have traveled throughout a lot of this planet! Or, perhaps some of us can see things as well as hear things tht others do not, or cannot?

But, I do seem to have an "ear" for languages and accents!

But, perhaps that is just an "old man" speaking? laugh!

Edited by opuslola - 05-Apr-2010 at 21:51
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2010 at 04:04
if partian looked like the guy on this picture, then sure they look like many kurdish people in southern kurdestan . kermanshah and surrounding!

Edited by kalhur - 09-Apr-2010 at 04:12
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2010 at 03:36
Persian soldiers from Achaemenid times through the eyes of the ancient Greeks

The original image of Darius The Great from antique Greek vase. He had red hair and beard.

Not like this reproduction:

Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2010 at 22:23

Parthian Prince

The greatest kurdish commander of all time.

Deathless View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Deathless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2010 at 08:10
Originally posted by Shield-of-Dardania

Phrygia and Troy were just place names. My view, based on literature surveys, is that the people who inhabited them were basically Thracians, although Greeks would prefer to believe that Phyrygians and Trojans were Ionian Greeks.

If we consider that Ashkanians a.k.a Ashkuzai a.k.a. were Scythians, and that Scythians were in turn descended from Thracians before them, then it makes sense that an Ashkanian battalion would have fought on the side of the Trojans.

Really.. so Trojans were not genetically or culturally related to Greeks?

I don't want to be disrespectful my friend but you need to dig a bit more regarding Thracians.

-----

New in town.
Props for the site and a hi to all the nerdy addicted to history peeps LOL
Attis of Anatolia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Attis of Anatolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2014 at 07:12
Parthians are iranian i think they have lot infulence of greeks :D
Attis of Anatolia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Attis of Anatolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2014 at 07:16
LOL

Phrygians and Trojan are Anatolian!!! ionian civilization originated Anatolia too i heard they are descend of luwians :D

Karlaswagnaz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Karlaswagnaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2014 at 01:41
I think they looks like North Mediterranean people, I think the Goths, Alans, Vandals and Sueves come from the same people as the Parthians.
Stars die and reborn...
Vispaiti View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Vispaiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2014 at 07:23
Originally posted by Karlaswagnaz

I think they looks like North Mediterranean people, I think the Goths, Alans, Vandals and Sueves come from the same people as the Parthians.

Parthians had nothing to do with Germanic people of Europe.They orginated in modern Turkmenistan and spoke originally an eastern Iranian language but later they adopted Persian language and culture.It is very likely that modern turkmens look like the ancient Parthians.Most of them are turkized Iranian people
Vispaiti View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Vispaiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2014 at 07:25
Originally posted by Shield-of-Dardania

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Head of a Parthian soldier, one of the earliest Parthian one, in Nisa, the first capital of Parthian empire in modern Turkmenistan:

They look like classical Patrician Romans, to me.

he looks for me typical for a Scythian and we must remember that Parthians were originally an nomadic eastern Iranian tribe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123