Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Egyptian Origin of Macedonians and Alexander

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Egyptian Origin of Macedonians and Alexander
    Posted: 08-Jun-2011 at 20:54
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

About 2300 years ago someone named Alexander of Macedon conquered the Persian empire, If we want to know who he was and where he came from then we should read the historical sources of both sides, ancient Persian sources, like Arda Viraf Namag and Denkart, say that Alexander was an Egyptian and came from Egypt, the important point is about the name of Egypt,

Impossible. There is too much evidence of the Macedonian dynasty, and it's location in continental Greece; I personally regard the Macedonians as a "highland Greeks", "the red-necks of the Greeks" if you will, up to the time of Phillip the father of Alexander. This ancient Persian source may have been confused by the fact that Alexander conquered Persia after conquering Egypt, this making him the ruler of Egypt. So, form the Persian point if view, the ruler of Egypt, Alexander form Egypt, conquer it, not that Alexander was Egyptian himself. The fact that by this time Alexander saw himself as the son of Ammon /Zeus-Ammon, to be precise, seen is one and the same god/ the could have contributed to this conclusion  too.

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2011 at 08:38
Never say never Don!Look at the film where main character lives many virtual lives and die after he try to
kill himself believing it is virtual but true!Do you know meaning of"Si" slavic and italian?"Kak si","kako si"?
Wink Arabs call it "Misir" they call it "Mouth of the bird" it feeds them!And ancient name was AGjuPoToN.It means that,their mouth of the bird(Turkey?),covers&feeds&shelters them!Big smile
P.S.
Mouth of the Bird is Nile!

Edited by medenaywe - 06-Oct-2011 at 05:27
maks View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote maks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2012 at 15:39
@ Cyrus Shahmiri,

I checked out the Arda Namag's account but it contain no mention of Alexander as being Egyptian. Instead it states that Alexander was a Roman from Egypt (?). It was presumably a confusion with Egypt of Roman period, was not it?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2012 at 19:13
Alexander is depicted as fair-skinned, not black. If he was of Egyptian descent it would have to be many generations back (great-great grandparents or earlier)
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2012 at 00:10
Do not kidding me Nick!?!Color on pictures is Goddess color,brown-brick!Ancient "Greek" people have been part of Egyptian civilization.Do You know name of obelisk in Demotic?SmileIt is denial form in many "Slavic"
languages.LOL
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2012 at 02:12
I have to disagree with you, Master of Meaning. The Greeks became part of the Egyptian civilization only after Alexander, and only because Egypt became part of the Greek world. Before that there was some cultural influence fro Egypt on Greece - in the archaic art, possibly some medicinal knowledge, etc; but ethnically the Greeks are Indo-Europeans, and the Egyptians - Semites /and mixed wth others/some would say Black Africans/. Greek is Indo-European lanugage, Egyptian is Afro-Asiattic, with no more cnnection between then save this one that if all people came out from one little group iin Etiopia, then all languages did the same - sprang from the language of that small group.

So the connections that you found between Greek and Egyptian, IMHO, date from far older time, long before there were Egyptians or Greeks, but only some nebulous people living Africa like 70 000 years ago or so. This has nothing to do with Alexander, and the Greeks; nor were the Greeks ethnically  related to Egyptians, and tthe DNA tests nowadays prove that.

Edited by Don Quixote - 16-Aug-2012 at 02:12
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2012 at 06:47
Than we disagree about it!Words in Origins are Ancient Egyptian also...SmileAliens did it...Regards Don!
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2012 at 06:55
I told you my opinion about the words in Origin - since all languages have one sourse, as all people came from one gruop, it's normal some words to be the same; besides there are loaned words, and Greeks and Egyptians have connections etc. So not the aliens did it, humans did, but this happened long before Aexander.

Otherwise I don't mind little disagreement, Master of MeaningSmile
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2012 at 06:59
Let us enjoy our disagreement than!Big smile
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2012 at 11:52
Originally posted by medenaywe

Do not kidding me Nick!?!Color on pictures is Goddess color,brown-brick!Ancient "Greek" people have been part of Egyptian civilization.Do You know name of obelisk in Demotic?SmileIt is denial form in many "Slavic"
languages.LOL

The ancients (Greeks and Egyptians) were poles apart, actually. Their civilizations were as distinct as those of ancient China and India. Confused

Language, religion, culture, sports, arts etc. they were almost completely different, in fact. Even in terms of looks, the Greeks always described the Egyptians as of "dark complexion". 
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2012 at 03:11
Originally posted by maks

@ Cyrus Shahmiri,

I checked out the Arda Namag's account but it contain no mention of Alexander as being Egyptian. Instead it states that Alexander was a Roman from Egypt (?). It was presumably a confusion with Egypt of Roman period, was not it?

"Roman" meant "Westerner" in the Sassanid times, in fact Sassanids called all peoples who lived in the west of their empire as Roman, maybe for this reason modern Turkey was called "Rome" even in the Islamic times.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2012 at 07:00
Cyrus is close to the clue:Ex part of "Egyptians"&"Greeks" became Romans.Titan have a right century:4 hundred B.C,low part of it....It is connected with Alexander 3-The Great....And big migrations after His dead
from Asia&Africa(???) toward European continent.New Indu-Europeans  had  created next 2 known Empires:(One=Roman) East &West.History remake have been done during this period and we still live their
time.SmileRegards Cyrus.
Aleksandar makedon View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Aleksandar makedon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2016 at 10:46
Firstible i am one Macedonian boy and i will educate you now a little but becouse its really bif offending to me and my nation toa say that Alexander is egyptian...Come on guys r u ok with your mind?
Its correct to say that Alexander has win Egypt (the strongest and most powerfull empire in the age of Nefertiti and her stepson Tut).
Alexander was born in Pella.town in Macedonia.
If you like to see the rea$ site then you can google it and learn a little bit more .
ALEXANDER WAS MACEDONIAN AND OUR VEINS IS STILL HIS BLLOD AND WILL BE FOREVER!!!IS THAT CLEAR???
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2016 at 04:43
Personál feelings are not facts!Regards.
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2016 at 13:39
Strangely the Queen of Sheba is also called Makeda, and Hatshepsut is also called Makera.
Alexander said his ancestors were from India (either India or Ethiopia)
If Yauna is Javan then perhaps Macedon is Magog??
'Sharrukin' once mentioned that he had a theory on the origin of the Macedonians and i have always wondered what it was.

-----
Please hurry and support our fight against "kool-aid" water fluoridation (water poisoning) in NZ. People like me are suffering Hell because the regime here won't stop. I'm trapped & can't do anything without your help. You are either for us or against us. Boycot/blacklist NZ.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2016 at 22:57
Originally posted by Aleksandar makedon

<span style="line-height: normal;">Firstible i am one Macedonian boy and i will educate you now a little but becouse its really bif offending to me and my nation toa say that Alexander is egyptian...Come on guys r u ok with your mind?</span><div style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: normal;">Its correct to say that Alexander has win Egypt (the strongest and most powerfull empire in the age of Nefertiti and her stepson Tut).</span><div style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: normal;">Alexander was born in Pella.town in Macedonia.</span><div style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: normal;">If you like to see the rea$ site then you can google it and learn a little bit more .</span><div style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: normal;">ALEXANDER WAS MACEDONIAN AND OUR VEINS IS STILL HIS BLLOD AND WILL BE FOREVER!!!IS THAT CLEAR???</span>

And you are in violation of the CoC. Also all caps is shouting and the attitude is offensive.
A repeat offense and you'll be banned.

Is that clear?

Edited by red clay - 24-Jul-2016 at 22:58
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2016 at 10:32
JaUNaTaKaBaRa=Yauna takabara="Persians" in "Ancient Macedonian"=People's=Folk-Mortal=Lethal-?  mouth= declaration-confirmation-opinion=abstraction=concept is offered =proposed-rewarded-punished by beautiful-good-moral= instructive character-grade= graduation-decoration= medal of defense-forbidden-permissive=licence arm-operation= execution-uplift=mountain =sublime.
National=Populated--Mortal=Lethal-? mouth=declaration-confirmation-opinion=abstraction =concept offers=proposes-rewards-punishes beautiful-kind-moral=teaching character-grade= graduation-decoration=medal of defense-forbidden-permitted arm-operation=execution-uplift=mountain=sublime.

Edited by medenaywe - 26-Jul-2016 at 05:03
chicagogeorge View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote chicagogeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2017 at 22:56
Originally posted by Aleksandar makedon

Firstible i am one Macedonian boy and i will educate you now a little but becouse its really bif offending to me and my nation toa say that Alexander is egyptian...Come on guys r u ok with your mind?
Its correct to say that Alexander has win Egypt (the strongest and most powerfull empire in the age of Nefertiti and her stepson Tut).
Alexander was born in Pella.town in Macedonia.
If you like to see the rea$ site then you can google it and learn a little bit more .
ALEXANDER WAS MACEDONIAN AND OUR VEINS IS STILL HIS BLLOD AND WILL BE FOREVER!!!IS THAT CLEAR???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123