Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Egyptian Origin of Macedonians and Alexander

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Egyptian Origin of Macedonians and Alexander
    Posted: 03-Nov-2009 at 13:35
Originally posted by machaon

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Name of Alexander in other languages was a good mention, as you know his name in some eastern countries is Sekandar, the first part of his name could be the same ancient Egyptian word Sekhen which means Scorpion/Scorpion King, this word can be seen in the first part of some Egyptian pharaohs' names, such as Sekhenkare, Sekhenre, Sekhenkhet, ...
His Name is ALEXANDROS from ALEX and ANDROS = Protector of Man other example with ALEX is:ALEX-IKERAYNO = PROTECTION FROM  LIGHTNINGSALEX-ISFERO = PROTECTION FROM BULLETSSo u can see that , if the eastern people can't spell Alexandros... and they call him Shkander. No Alexander is a Greek Name used by Spartan Hellens (Greeks), Athenian Hellens, Ionian Hellens and of coarse Makedonian Greeks... and all the other Hellens (Greeks)MAY THE GODS PROTECT YA ALL...

I would first defy you to prove Alexander was a Greek! Yes I know the fecal matter might well hit the air moving device, with me making such a statement, but one can even find words of the so called real Greeks of those times, who seemed to place him as anything but a "real Greek!" Heck a better argument would be that the Emperors of Constantinople and their descendants might well be one of the few families who carry such "blood" if it is really such, in their veins!
I actually follow the attitude of some members of this forum who believe that it (Greek blood) is carried mostly by the descendants of Slavs and Turks!

I hope you do not take my words above as a personal affront, but rather a scholarly dispute?
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2009 at 12:26
machaon, I hid your last post, please use better words to post.

I think ancient Greek and Romans sources are obscure about conquest of Egypt by Alexander, they say he took the country without a battle because Egyptians were tired of Persian oppression, it is clear if Egypt were under Persian control then Persians would certainly fight against Alexander, like what happened in Gaza, and if not then there couldn't be any Persian oppression.
machaon View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote machaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2009 at 10:06
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Be Yunan zamin bud mavaye u
Be Maqdunieh khastar jaye u

Greek land was his place of residence
Macedonia was more precisely his location

Exactly...his from there.... his Home....
Jesus.exe , Mohammad.exe and Zion.exe are off! Universe will now restart
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2009 at 19:25
machaon, I am sorry that I do not understand your "siganture" ending your posts! Are you suggesting that sometime soon, or within your powers, that society will either "disappeare"" or will "Restart", either after your death or at the best, "after one of your 'curious' responses?
machaon View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote machaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2009 at 18:03
Originally posted by opuslola

machaon, I am sorry that I do not understand your "siganture" ending your posts! Are you suggesting that sometime soon, or within your powers, that society will either "disappeare"" or will "Restart", either after your death or at the best, "after one of your 'curious' responses?

Yeees!1 I am Mister Doomsday and I.........LOL ...and then...Cry
Jesus.exe , Mohammad.exe and Zion.exe are off! Universe will now restart
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2011 at 15:16
Now you are right Opuslola!Sorry that my train delay was more than a year here!Why do you are right?Will remind us again about Alexander and his holly wars for that time!What did were the main goals of hegemony?Danayan lands would have been liberated from Persians!Egypt was cradle of their civilization.They were white!Once again will say:They practiced religion,where Godess of Earth was supreme Godess once!Therefore name of the land of Alexander was MO Kye Do No.

Edited by medenaywe - 19-Mar-2011 at 12:38
archaiokapilos View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote archaiokapilos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2011 at 15:34
It is unbelievable how stupid some comments are in this forum. Opusola, did you say that modern Greeks are in fact Slavs and Turks and that Alexander was an Egyptian??? Well, you should better stay away from history forums, you semm to know nothing about history
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2011 at 18:21
Originally posted by archaiokapilos

It is unbelievable how stupid some comments are in this forum. Opusola, did you say that modern Greeks are in fact Slavs and Turks and that Alexander was an Egyptian??? Well, you should better stay away from history forums, you semm to know nothing about history

Perhaps you are correct? But, it seems I have over 3,000 postings on this very site!

But, of course, you in your infinite wisdom, could well prove that most of my ideas are not welcome here?

But, in gratitude to your posts, I will some what agree with you!

Thus, just what posts of mine are "stupid?"

Regards,
Ron

Edited by opuslola - 18-Mar-2011 at 18:22
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2011 at 19:03
"But, in gratitude to your posts, I will some what agree with you!"
this one is stupid!Approve
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2011 at 21:27
But, of course!

Regards,
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2011 at 11:29
The opening argument is an interesting one, and what immediately comes to mind is Greeks claiming some kind of Egyptian heritage to give themselves legitimacy.   Alexander is also said to be a son of a god.   Big smile  As a woman, I find this human behavior humorous.  Great men would never be so great, unless they could convince many to accept their leadership, and to follow them.  It is their armies that made great men great, not their personal accomplishments.   This requires a damn good story, such as being decended from a past ruler or a god.  

Secondly, what comes to mind is how the states of the United States became recognized states.  States wanted to be states of the US before they were accepted as states.   For sure the Greeks looked up to Egypt and wanted to be associated with Egypt.   But the Greeks themselves are a mixed lot.  

Thirdly, what would be the bureaucratic process of accepting a new state in ancient times?  The positions Egypt and the Greek city/states are not good for ruling the Greek city/states from Egypt, so although the highly developed Egyptian civilization.  Also, Greek city/states maintained the sovereignty.   They did not perceive themselves as one unite.   If I remember correctly, the Spartans were late comers, left with land no one wanted, forcing them to exist by raiding those with better land.   How could we call this diverse mess part of Egypt?  
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2011 at 11:55
Contemporary compared,situation is like this:USA is one of British Empire's colony.Macedon was colony of
people of Upper Egypt that colonized also all Mediterranean coastal area and valleys of big rivers that feed
this sea with water.This statement do not deny that Phoenician  state  colonies  and  other  migration  groups  were  not  there  also.
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2011 at 18:40
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonies_in_antiquity#Egyptian_colony

I don't think Egyptians did much colonization, because I believe they had to be ritually buried in Egypt to have immortality.   However, they did do some colonizing.  The link has very little to say about the Egypt process of colonization compared to Greek and Roman colonization. 
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2011 at 01:51
Trading and other types of migrations,did!Most of the world today was inhabited by ordinary migrations from
economical and political reasons.They are still on!
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2011 at 13:25
Quinn the eskimo was Scottish. 
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2011 at 13:36
Now i know where training was done:Do not spend money!Very obscure life conditions and no markets also. Smile

Edited by medenaywe - 29-Mar-2011 at 13:36
Janissary
Janissary

Quote archaiokapilos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 13:42
opusola my dear friend you could post 1000000 comments that are stupid, it has nothing to do with quantity
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 15:02
Opuslola was never wrong about it.Hope will finish my book till the end of the year and show you that facts
are on his side.Empires changed lot of history that is known today as ancient.Your blood has more Egyptian
than it could be supposed.Maybe of course?Ouch
Janissary
Janissary

Quote archaiokapilos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2011 at 13:26
Originally posted by medenaywe

Contemporary compared,situation is like this:USA is one of British Empire's colony.Macedon was colony of
people of Upper Egypt that colonized also all Mediterranean coastal area and valleys of big rivers that feed
this sea with water.This statement do not deny that Phoenician  state  colonies  and  other  migration  groups  were  not  there  also.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote archaiokapilos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2011 at 13:27
So the mediterranean is full of Egyptians and Phoenicians right?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>