Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Battle of Liegnitz/Legnica

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
EvilNed View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote EvilNed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Battle of Liegnitz/Legnica
    Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 16:20
Well, thanks for your help. That gas thing sounds kinda wierd.
TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2005 at 02:55

EvilNed,

You can find the same (as in SimaqianStudio)  description of Legnitz on our  site in the subforum Military History ( link ). Juniorgeneral is wargaming site and optional scenerios presented there (battle 1, battle2) have nothing to do with real historical battle which are shortly described in historical background chapter..

Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2005 at 00:28
I acctually read in one source that the Poles were doing very well but then the mongols used some kinda of gas, and I think one soldier thought he heard Henryk yell for retreat which confused the Poles and messed them all up...disorganizing them and making them easy targets for mongols
EvilNed View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote EvilNed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2005 at 19:09

I was always under the impression that the Polish were completly and utterly destroyed at the battle of Liegnitz and that they offered little resistance towards the Mongols. However, I came upon two sites offering completly different stories from the battle. Both of them claim that the polish actually fared pretty well (we all know they did better than the Hungarians), but one of them seems to suggest that the poles even did an extraordinary work at Liegnitz. Now, this site is mostly just filled with historical inaccuracies (it even claims that Duke Henry made it out of the battle alive) but, is there anyone here that can tell me what resistance the poles DID offer at Liegnitz? Were they utterly beaten or did they actually put up a tough resistance towards the mongols/tatars?

Site #1: (Seems to be the more accurate site)

http://www.simaqianstudio.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t2 152.html

Site #2: (Seems to be pieced together by a student, or so)

http://www.juniorgeneral.org/liegnitz/liegnitz.html

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12