Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

America’s what one country can do and not do policy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: America’s what one country can do and not do policy
    Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 19:32

The US,as we all know,is a country on the western hemisphere,(or eastern,depending on your point of view and symmetry),however,it has troops occupying various countries,and tells many countries(countries that have very rough relations with the US)what to do,and not to do.In the case of Nuclear Weapons,the US was searching for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.One may not know,however,is that,in the 80s,the US gave Saddam Hussein weapons of destruction to bomb Iran,and northern Iraq,populated by Kurds and such.The US has NO RIGHT to violate other country's affairs.That is why,I call America,The International Dictatorship.I know they think it is for the safety and security of others,but has anyone ever had the idea,that the US might turn corrupt one day,(or maybe it is)and turn its back on those countries.

US foreign policies intergrate with these.Many US policies include the handling of nuclear weapons(particularly for Middle East and Asia,and yet,barely Europe),weapons in general as well.And the US tries to rebuild the countries it bombed and such,and turn them into democratic(or seemingly)nations.Does anyone here think,that the US has the right to do this,or not?Give your own opinions.

In Honor
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 20:49

the right? yes, do I agree with it? sually not, depends....

To remake the world into an idealized image of yourself is something all powerhouses do, and hypocrisy is the part of any foreign policy.  However since the collpase of the Soviet Union I dont see the point in doing it anymore, especially being expensive and divisive and gaining little return for the effort.

Throughout history I am always fascinated with the superpowers of any given time and I can see how the US really isnt different from any of those, but also being here now shows me its downside as well.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2005 at 03:38
Many countries that had US power would be twice as mean.
You can disagree with US policy, but considering its power it is a gentle giant.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 22:37

In the case of Nuclear Weapons,the US was searching for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.One may not know,however,is that,in the 80s,the US gave Saddam Hussein weapons of destruction to bomb Iran

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  Iran was by far the bigger threat at that time and it was very smart to give Saddam weapons to hold them off.

What should America do?  Isolate ourselves and let our enemies become powerful and overrun our interests all over the world.  If violating some country's internal affairs is needed to keep us safe, then so be it.  Any other country would do the exact same thing in our position, and a lot more ruthlessly.  No other country became a great state otherwise.

The goal of any state is survival because in this world there is only a finite amount of power and to be safe you have to grab as much of it as you can. 

I feel no guilt that America uses whatever means necessary to defend itself and its interests.

Edited by Genghis
Member of IAEA
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 22:38

edit: double post

Edited by Genghis
Member of IAEA
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 16:37
do you have any moral arguments to justify that?
iskenderani View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 17:14

### I feel no guilt that America uses whatever means necessary to defend itself and its interests.I feel no guilt that America uses whatever means necessary to defend itself and its interests.###

This is how racism and Hitler started...He used exactly the same meaning of words..

In our ages no empire is suitable to last long. A CIA paper , already forsees that America's supremacy will last , mostly , another 20 years...Afterwards , is the turn of China , India and Indonesia...

As for USA , the greater they r , the greater is the noise they make when they fell. And USA , will have an ugly fall...

Isk.

Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Le Renard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 17:51
Originally posted by iskenderani

### I feel no guilt that America uses whatever means necessary to defend itself and its interests.I feel no guilt that America uses whatever means necessary to defend itself and its interests.###

This is how racism and Hitler started...He used exactly the same meaning of words..

In our ages no empire is suitable to last long. A CIA paper , already forsees that America's supremacy will last , mostly , another 20 years...Afterwards , is the turn of China , India and Indonesia...

As for USA , the greater they r , the greater is the noise they make when they fell. And USA , will have an ugly fall...

Isk.

I would agree with you on how the US will not be as much of a super power in 20yrs as it is or was.  China I believe will become the next superpower.   America will be brought down not to far maybe to #5 or so on the list, but other countries will step up and take the US place

"History repeats itself because nobody listened the first time."
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 21:12

Americas downfall will come from within, not from without

I am by no means nationalistic or even patriotic but I hope American power does not crash down too fast, power vacuums can be dangerous things, for all countries, best to have more of an ottoman style gradual decay if possible.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 21:23
Originally posted by iskenderani

Isk.

I'd like to see this paper, and I highly doubt Indonesia is included in that as in 20 years it might not even exist.  I believe it's probably an urban legend.

Member of IAEA
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 21:31

Originally posted by Mixcoatl

do you have any moral arguments to justify that?

As an American I believe I have the moral duty to defend my country from our numerous enemies and secure our position as the world's preeminent power fpr the good of the American populace.  I would be violating my duty to the United States if I did not try to make her strong at every opportunity.  As Machiavelli said, "the greatest good one can ever do is to do good for their country".  Those who have tried to make any international system of peace and brotherhood have failed and I will work hard to keep America from repeating their folly.

It is with this in mind I plan to enter a career that will further the power of my country.  I have the choices as Engineer for a defence aerospace firm, or professional officer in the US Army, and hopefully later as a politician as well.

Member of IAEA
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 22:30

Originally posted by Catt

Many countries that had US power would be twice as mean.
You can disagree with US policy, but considering its power it is a gentle giant.

Exactly, I'd love to see former Iraq, Iran, Syria, Pakistan, and many other countries with the power and influence that the US has..

Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 22:51
Why do you only mention Middle Eastern Countries?

In Honor
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 22:57
Corrupt Islamic or Disctatorship based governments.. I guess except for Pakistan. Those were just some examples of course.
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 23:05

Not only Fanatial Muslim Countries can do damage if they had the power of the US.You are forgetting,all countries can become corrupt with power.Ask Spain in the 16-18 centuries,and Germany in the early 20th Century.Not only Muslim States have become corrupt,but radicalistic Chrisitians and Catholic States have become corrupt with power,including the Papacy.You can not forget that the papacy has helped catholic dictators.

The US is also decreasing other countries security,like India.India and Pakistan are enemies,are they not?The US,for the help they gave during the war on terrorism in Afghanistan,gave permission for Pakistan to purchase weapons from US.This could hurt India's security badly.Lets not forget,the US did remove Saddam(for good purposes)from power,and even though there is president,at Iraq's current state,a power-vacuum can occur,and other countries near Iraq can take advantage of the situation.

In Honor
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 23:13
How will they take advantage of this, realistically? With the U.S. military now in Iraq, no country will dare attack it, for a long time, or at least while there is still a strong U.S. military presence. I was just saying those radical countries were an example, of course theres always more. This security issue actually will help make the U.S. money by selling planes, ANd the U.S. said if India was interested, they couild buy these planes too, so actually they could increase there security if needed.
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 23:52
Even with the US Military in there,I don't mean they could attack,but they could get stronger while the US is dealing with Iraq.I never said anything about them attacking.

In Honor
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 18:41
Well, I just don;t think any real advantages can be taken.
Omnipotence View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Omnipotence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 19:38
As an American I believe I have the moral duty to defend my country from our numerous enemies and secure our position as the world's preeminent power fpr the good of the American populace.

how about as a world citizen? Nationalism is the reason why the reputation of certain countries are so low. It's not mainly how powerful it is<because every country's going to fall>, but the public's perspective it gained in history.

Anyway, all nations are sneaky, behind the scenese backstabbers. Power only means they're less sneaky, more blunt, and annoys others by talking too much, thus the rep problem.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 21:06

Originally posted by Omnipotence

As an American I believe I have the moral duty to defend my country from our numerous enemies and secure our position as the world's preeminent power fpr the good of the American populace.

how about as a world citizen? Nationalism is the reason why the reputation of certain countries are so low. It's not mainly how powerful it is<because every country's going to fall>, but the public's perspective it gained in history.

Anyway, all nations are sneaky, behind the scenese backstabbers. Power only means they're less sneaky, more blunt, and annoys others by talking too much, thus the rep problem.

I owe no allegiance to the idea of a world citizen, it is laughable to think that a Lapp from Finland, a Pygmy from the Congo, a Fulani from the Sahara, and myself should be bound together because we are human.  If someone asked me to describe myself would "well I'm a human being" mean anything?  If I said, well I'm American, Dutch, Malagasy or anything like that it would tell you about my ethnicity (usually), culture, and a lot about the way I live.  Nation-states are the highest order of allegiance that carry any real meaning.

Talking about public perspective, the victors write the history books.  The reason we love Alexander the Great, Rome, and others like them are because they were successful and powerful. 

I also do not think that popularity should ever be the goal of a state, it's goal is to ensure the betterment of its own citizens who created said state to defend them.

Member of IAEA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>