Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Imia or Kardak?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Imia or Kardak?
    Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 13:10
Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 13:12
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 13:15
let me guess, some stupid dispute about some tiny, uninhabited rocks?
Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 17:41

Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

Yesssss

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2005 at 13:46
Is this issue really important? I mean, the main conflict is only about some worthless peace of rock in Aegean Sea, so I dont think it is worth debating on it...
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 12:10

Originally posted by Mixcoatl

There is not stupid dispute in diplomacy.

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 13:29
Paying attention to this kind of silly disputes only create problems. Diplomats'd better spend their time with more serious disputes.

To me there are two suitable ways of resolving disputes over small islands:
1) if the island is inhabited, let the inhabitants decide.
2) if the island is not inhabited, ignore it.
Colchis View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Colchis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 16:41
It's not even an island, just a couple pieces of large rocks shaping an island like formation actually. 
Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 06:28

Originally posted by Colchis

It's not even an island, just a couple pieces of large rocks shaping an island like formation actually. 

yes.. but they r greek territory and turkey whant  it..

its a examble of turkish imperialism....they dont respect the international law

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 09:50

Any map of a country can not be a subject of international law unless this map has been approved by the parliament of this country.

A Britsh map or any other Turkish map proves nothing.  In some maps in large scales they lack Cyprus. Does it mean that Cyprus doesn't exist.

I hope we are clever enough not to fight for an empty rock. 

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 10:34
Originally posted by Ionian

Kardak doesnt exist int Greek seaborders. It is in the middle of the border, that is why we had a conflict.

I thought that you opened this topic to discuss properly, without blaming Turkey as being "imperialist". )Imperialis, which Turkey doesnt, and cannot have anything to do with it, isnt for some rock pieces in the middle of Aegean sea. The only confict was because Greek government declared its authority on a piece of rock in the sea, and tried to place its flag onto that piece of rock. This is kind of a mentality of "inferiority complex"...

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 10:34

No it's also in our territory.I heard about these rocks,we almost fought for it.And also the islands in the agean is an our territory but greece has them.how can we talk of  international law?And the story began when a greek man put a flag over there but the crisis was stopped.Now neither country has it

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 14:10
Originally posted by Alparslan

Any map of a country can not be a subject of international law unless this map has been approved by the parliament of this country.

A Britsh map or any other Turkish map proves nothing.  In some maps in large scales they lack Cyprus. Does it mean that Cyprus doesn't exist.

pls look better the map.. its a map of turkish government ....

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 14:52

The map says forbidden areas.Put pictures that you undestand

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 14:53

What's wrong with you?All the Yesssss'es and .....'s?Are you a spy?

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 14:56

Government?Ah you mean belonging to.Yes it does.

Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 09:03
Originally posted by aknc

No it's also in our territory.I heard about these rocks,we almost fought for it.And also the islands in the agean is an our territory but greece has them.how can we talk of  international law?And the story began when a greek man put a flag over there but the crisis was stopped.Now neither country has it

????????  we have a border line in aegean or not?

dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote dark_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 16:53
 Remind me again how some rocks in the middle of the sea are important.
Conectrate on land that is actually land.
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 06:07

No border.It's all mixed up.So Turkey had an equal chance of taking it but now it's international territory.As i said; your map mentioned it as forbidden areas.

Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 07:48

No border.It's all mixed up.So Turkey had an equal chance of taking it but now it's international territory.As i said; your map mentioned it as forbidden areas.

no border? no border between greece and turkey...well that is new!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>