Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Nationalist ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Proud Arabian View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Proud Arabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Nationalist ?
    Posted: 25-Jul-2009 at 22:20
why are we allowing these people to steal history?, just today i had a argument with one person because he was claiming that arabs from arabia were blacks and prophet Muhammad(pbuh) was also black LOL

There are so many videos on youtube of them claiming that moors were blacks, egyptians were black, mesopotamians were blacks, greeks were blacks, Indus valley civilization was black and so on.....

The problem is they are effecting a lot of black people and their youth with their propoganda, and i am worried about this.

how come there is no effort to stop them or atleast correct them?
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2009 at 11:45
It is really possible that a large number of black-skinned peoples lived in the Middle East in the ancient times, of course they seem to be a miniority in the modern times, as I said in this thread, some years ago I visited the museum of Susa and then the Elamite ziggurat of Chogha Zanbil near Susa.

Relief of an Elamite guard at Susa:

A local man near the ziggurat of Chogha Zanbil:

Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Proud Arabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2009 at 12:24
^ ofcourse they lived there and i am not denying it, but they were mostly brought fom africa as slaves and workers(which was unfortunate ofcourse)
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2009 at 15:35

Many of the people who live in Eastern/Southern Arabian Peninsula have their root in East Africa, If you see many people from countries like Ethiopia and some Arabian regions you maybe surprised on common physical appearances. I am not sure how they made their way to where they are make much of difference

Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Proud Arabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2009 at 16:37
^ I am from saudi arabia and yes there are several tribes who live in arabia today that are from africa. They were brought here as slaves before islam, but when islam came it made many of those blacks slaves as equals to arabs and they became part of the arab islamic empire.  But that doesn't mean that the civilization was founded by blacks from africa ( this is what I am against) They claim so many things that are so absurd
Genetics wise most arabs of saudi arabia have very little to do with sub saharan africa, Most saudis and gulf people are very similar to their neighbours to the north in the fertile cresent, syria, Iraq etc...
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2009 at 21:47

Before the modern period the major settlement in Arabian Peninsula was where present day Yemen is located. Much closer to the location of Yemen were the civilizations in the horn Africa approximately where Ethiopia is today, not the Northern middle East separated from southern Arabian peninsula by the vast desert. Interchange with East African was very natural. The civilizations of East Africa were at par or at times ahead of Yemen. In fact some east, African kingdoms such as Aksum ruled portions of southern Arabian peninsula for a limited period of time.

From anthropological point of view Africa has one the most diverse population bases found The term Black is modern English is usually is used to refer to African-American who most trace back their ancestry to the west Africa. Also, the subject of who is an Arab does not have a simple answer. Today many Arabic speakers are called Arabs regardless of ethnicity

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2009 at 09:50
I don't know why some people think Africa = Black = Slave, it is really possible that ancient Elamites, one of the major powers of the Middle East in the ancient times, were black skinned, also some other peoples who lived in this region like the people whom Herodotus calls "Eastern Ethiopians" (Asiatic Ethiopians).
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2009 at 13:31
[QUOTE=Proud Arabian] ^ I am from saudi arabia and yes there are several tribes who live in arabia today that are from africa. They were brought here as slaves before islam, but when islam came it made many of those blacks slaves as equals to arabs and they became part of the arab islamic empire.  But that doesn't mean that the civilization was founded by blacks from africa ( this is what I am against) They claim so many things that are so absurd

Genetics wise most arabs of saudi arabia have very little to do with sub saharan africa, Most saudis and gulf people are very similar to their neighbours to the north in the fertile cresent, syria, Iraq etc...

This is not the issue and would make another thread but many indeed were brought in after Islam rose- see Legacy of Jihad by Dr. Bostom- one of many sources but the issue here is black afro centracism which is sometimes quite bogus. Martin Bernal who wrote Black Athena is an example of an afrocentrists but Diop is even worse. If the ancient Greeks were black then I wonder why their art shows Caucasians and in fact images of blacks are rare in Greek vase paintings. I have spent time in many museums from the USA to Europe looking at Greek art; both statues and vase painting. It is total nonsense and yes the Arabs were not black nor more than the ancient Greeks. As an ethnic Greek I find their attempts to claim Greek culture as humorous as their claim to Arab culture. This does not exclude that there were not blacks in that region' especially in the Hellenistic period and throughout the Roman/Byzantine era.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
AksumVanguard View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AksumVanguard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2009 at 15:40
Not all people of African descent condone the stealing of other peoples  heritage such as radicals who claim the early caliphites of Islam,the Moors, and the Greeks were black. They are many "Black Africans" from the continent itself who ridicule  Blacks in the Western Hemisphere  that try to claim other heritages from other ethnic groups outside of the Africa. These Africans would ask are you not proud of your own heritage.

The main problem is that not enough research is being done in certain  archeological sites in Africa.Places like Tichitt Walata and Taganant cliffs who have some of the oldest adobe structures on the continent and are located in Maurenatania,Jenne Jeno in Mali,the kingdoms of Kerma in Sudan, and Yeha  in Ethiopia,and Adullis in Eritrea.

http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/archaeology/sites/africa/jennejeno.html

The Taganant CLiffs and Tichitt walatta cliffs or Maurentania have not been excavated or studied since the 1960's. Even the ancient kingdoms of Ta Neter(Eritrea and Somalia)  also called the land of Punt or the Land Of The Gods to the Egyptians have not been properly excavated to find  the true concrete evidence of the inhabitants and anclient lifestyles of thses past civilizations.

Now when it comes to the actual race of the Egyptians that is a different story. All that I will say is that  last dynasty of Egypt which was considered an official Egyptian Dynasty and not an Intermediate Dynasty  was the XXV Dynasty which was from Nubia.One of the last pharoahs called Taharqa was very prominent in Egyptian literature,but it is obvious that the Egyptians had mixed heritiage that of the Berbers and that of East Africans.

The only claim to a civilization that was on Non-African soil  and was located outside of Africa was Sumeria. Sumeria may of had a possibility of being orginated of people of African decent, they were called the black headed people. But they could have also been from India.I would like to know their true  origin and has there been any study of their linguistics.

The people of Arabia in places like Yemen can have alot  of affinities to the people of East AFrica. E-123 and E-M34 are located in Yemen and Oman and are also found in Eastern Africa also.Lets not falso include  the huge sub claude family of E-M78 which is found in East Africa and Felix Arabia.There is also theJ2-M172 that is shared among East Africans that are shared in Arabia and middle east.To say Sub Saharan Eastern AFricans have little relation with Arabians is untrue,although I agree this doesn't mean they built the civilizations of Asia and Elsewhere.

As Cyrus mentioned, the people of the Middle East may have had darker color and there may have been alot of admixture and inetrmarrying during the Ottoman Turk Occupation.That still doesn't mean they were black either.

To add to another reason why there has been alot of black nationalist groups arising is because they have gotten the support of the government. If you  look at the Moorish Science Temple of America they actually have some kind of agreement with the US government that I really don't have full knowledge of in full detail. The Black Israelite Nation would try to claim that the Jews such as Ashkenazi and the Sepharadic are false .But Wentworth Arthur Mathew has been able to establish synagouges of the Black Hebrew Israelites in Israel and has the backing of other Jewish groups who are not of black origin.So there ispeople to blame are on both sides.

Alot of these groups are mainly prominent in New York and North East Region of the United States and are birthed there. It just as the New Black Panther Party which have started in Harlem,have no relation to the original Black Panthers in Oakland. The New Panther Party has extreme views that are giving the original Panthers a bad name.

I myself do have heritage in the Indus Valley as I am part Indian, I have family memebers who are Italian or Mediterenean,some who are spanish I have some family links to Chinese,Portugese and all other like that doesn't give me the permission to take anyones heritage if its not African.As with Noble Drew Ali who may have been part Semitic and has chosen to do so. So I wouldn't take these black nationalist seriously.

Edited by AksumVanguard - 28-Jul-2009 at 20:11
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2009 at 18:34
Originally posted by eaglecap

If the ancient Greeks were black then I wonder why their art shows Caucasians and in fact images of blacks are rare in Greek vase paintings. I have spent time in many museums from the USA to Europe looking at Greek art; both statues and vase painting. It is total nonsense and yes the Arabs were not black nor more than the ancient Greeks. As an ethnic Greek I find their attempts to claim Greek culture as humorous as their claim to Arab culture. This does not exclude that there were not blacks in that region' especially in the Hellenistic period and throughout the
Roman/Byzantine era.

This is a different subject, possible connection of people of southern Arabian peninsula to Sub-Saharan Africans and what eventually constituted the people of classical period in Greece or Northern Middle Eastern are not necessarily the same. A lot of different groups are getting bundled in this thread.

That said it is just as far fetched to try to connect ancient Greeks and Macedonians to the present day ethnic Irish and have Irish actors portray Greek and Macedonians in every movie

Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2010 at 20:35
I have come across a lot of these Afrocentrics on the web.  They claim everyone with dark skin as Black.  I've even seen some claim Ancient Persians were black, because of the curly hair in the reliefs in Iran, which is either a helmet or a style. 
 Post Reply Post Reply