Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ivar "the Boneless"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ivar "the Boneless"?
    Posted: 13-May-2016 at 01:40
There was a blog post on this at
http://historum.com/blogs/sigurdrifa/30977-ivar-boneless-son-lodbrok.html

If the boneless was not a falsely made up tale (like Sidney's "baneless"), then from the sources that Sidney posted it sounds like he was just disabled in some way that he couldn't walk (maybe back bone, or pelvis, or leg bone). (Bones ~ skeleton.) Being carried around on shield sounds abit like being in a wheelchair. It may not be surprising then that he was strong in upper body, and the other qualities. Btw it is admirable/enviable how Sidney always thinks to check/post original sources. (Where do you get all the early sources from Sid? I know there is Sacred Texts site which i have kept forgetting about.) Its abit of a strange contradiction that one says he did have children and other source says he didn't (perhaps reflecting some people's materialistic/religious "eugenics/evolution" opinions?).

My comment on that historum blog article a year or so ago has been deleted it seems. I was unfairly "indefinitely suspended" (banned) from Historum forum after lowlives there were attacking me on my Arthur's 12 battles and my Wonders of Britain theses. They deleted my Arthur's battles found thread/topic in which some people said very bad things to me (like they deleted my evidences, and deleted the evidence of bad things said to me).

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 13-May-2016 at 05:09
Mijal View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mijal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2016 at 03:24
I read once a version that said it may have been a spelling error between the Latin for "boneless" and "terrible"? Can't remember where I read it.

Extasis; Exosso

Edited by Mijal - 14-Aug-2016 at 03:27
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12