Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedillegals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: illegals
    Posted: 14-Apr-2005 at 19:24
Originally posted by hugoestr

Eaglecap,

Thanks for sharing this story about potential security weaknesses with us. You must remember though: the problem that this story highlights is lousy background checks, not illegal aliens.

You all should write letters to your congresspeople to request giving more funding to INS so that they can do their job correctly.

You may also ask that Homeland Security should do something about this.

Thank you!
I actually do but sometimes I think that the politicians do not listen, they have their own agenda. I sent two emails to Bush, just one on illegal immigration. I was talking to a Democrat on campus today and we both agreed about disliking Bush but for different reasons.

Frankly, I would rather discuss history than politics but that takes too much time to really support an argument.

I wish there was a simple solution for the poor and the illegal immigration.

Some of the shows on coast to coast am can be negative about our future- you have to take them with a grain of salt.

Here is the source of that article:
http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/

Edited by eaglecap
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2005 at 02:20
Canada also with the Minutemen,might be some illegal Greeks trying to sneak across the border-
inutemen could patrol Canadian border

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2005/04/21/1007411-cp.htm l

WASHINGTON (CP) - The Minutemen, a group of civilian volunteers who've been patrolling the Arizona-Mexico border in efforts to catch illegal immigrants, may start monitoring the Canadian border this fall for criminals and terrorists.

"That is entirely possible," said Fred Elbel, spokesman for the Civil Homeland Defense group in Tombstone, Ariz., a related organization.

"But we do not have specific plans yet. It will take a few months for that."

Some northern states have asked for help in setting up volunteer border watches, said Elbel, who added there's been evidence terrorists have tried to cross both the Canadian and Mexican borders.

The Minutemen have been criticized as vigilantes by President George W. Bush and Mexican President Vincente Fox has threatened to prosecute them.

But they've been receiving more favourable attention lately from some U.S. politicians.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2005 at 14:05
who cares about Mexican President, he should stay out of how Americans want their boarders, and the real question He should be asking is WHY SO MANY people leave HIS country..
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2005 at 18:14
Originally posted by strategos

who cares about Mexican President, he should stay out of how Americans want their boarders,

It is all about his countrymen. A pretty good reason methinks.
besides, if Americans inside Mexico would have been treated like many Mexicans inside the US now, America would probably have invaded Mexico.

Edited by Mixcoatl
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 14:49
Originally posted by strategos

who cares about Mexican President, he should stay out of how Americans want their boarders, and the real question He should be asking is WHY SO MANY people leave HIS country..

Strategos, clarify this ? are you greek or american ?
Let me remind you that next time you bash to turkish.
Fox and any other mexican president cares because of the large number of mexicans living in the USA. And before you do your bashing thing, let me remind you than 50,000 mexican born or mexican born descendent are elisted in the US Army, that during the WWII more than 375,000 up to 500,000 mexican descendent were fighting enlisted on the US Army. That many mexican fought on both sides during the Civil War, by saying this I'm bringing to discussion topics that you are not aware of. Why, because every time that you post something, you have nothing nice to say about any other country or people.

Again, I'm impatient to read an essay from you. A good article, at least a 2 lines post not bashing anyone. But you are uncapable to do such thing because your perjudices blinds you completely.

By saying this, I'm not stating any anti US or anti greek statement. I clarify this to defuse any attempt from you to open a controversy. I send this public, because your posts lower the IQ level on the discussions around. Have you think to visit the KKK forum ? I bet you are going to feel more comfortable around. Do not you see that you are not more than an inmigrant descendent born in a land that belonged and stole from someonelse ? Bashing illegal inmigration from whatever nationality is equal to spit to air.

...." Why the greeks leaves Hellas ?
They should remains there".....

It is a disgusting post. How does it taste ?

Go and get you a Yahoo account, there are zillions of morons, willing to participate on How post the dumbest, racist, red neck topic.

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
iskenderani View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 17:03

Mr Lancer ...

I think u r being unfair to Strategos...

U see , all is about numbers. 10 millions Mexicans in USA , is 3% to 300 millions of Americans , or 5% to 200 millions of Anglo-Saxon Americans....

But in Greece , 1.500.000 Albanians , illegal imigrants , to the 10.000.000 Greeks ( with a declining rate of population , 0.9 children per woman ) , are 15% and they can form a minority , which in 10-15 years will demand  certain rights....and it will be able to influemce even national elections.... ( as it happens in Germany with the 2.500.000 Turks voting there..) It is NOT the same...

Do not forged , also the religion factor....All Mexicans are devoted Christians , Catholics , while the American majority is Christian and Protestants , but Christian all the way , while in Greece most Albanians are Muslims and either we like it or not the mixture is quite unstable from both sides...Muslims looking at the Cristians as "infidels" and the Christians reacting to that attitude.

So , u see when Strategos talks like this , he is just thinking of our own problems.

Isk.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 19:09
Originally posted by iskenderani

Mr Lancer ...

I think u r being unfair to Strategos...

U see , all is about numbers. 10 millions Mexicans in USA , is 3% to 300 millions of Americans , or 5% to 200 millions of Anglo-Saxon Americans....

But in Greece , 1.500.000 Albanians , illegal imigrants , to the 10.000.000 Greeks ( with a declining rate of population , 0.9 children per woman ) , are 15% and they can form a minority , which in 10-15 years will demand certain rights....and it will be able to influemce even national elections.... ( as it happens in Germany with the 2.500.000 Turks voting there..) It is NOT the same...

Do not forged , also the religion factor....All Mexicans are devoted Christians , Catholics , while the American majority is Christian and Protestants , but Christian all the way , while in Greece most Albanians are Muslims and either we like it or not the mixture is quite unstable from both sides...Muslims looking at the Cristians as "infidels" and the Christians reacting to that attitude.

So , u see when Strategos talks like this , he is just thinking of our own problems.

Isk.

I agree and even though I am only half Greek I have great concerns over that issue. Most are Albania but when I was last in Athens, in 2001, I saw many from W. Asian countries like Afghanistan or Iraq, mostly Muslims. I know about the territorial claims in Epirus by some Albanians and I see the illegals as a threat to the borders, language and culture of Greece. They should be deported but I blame most of the fault on (some) greedy Greek business men and not on the Albanians, on the most part they only want work.
I feel the same way about our borders but America is a big country so legal immigration from Mexico is good for both countries; illegal immigration is only good for Mexico. There are more and more illegals coming across our borders who are other nationalities such as Middle Eastern, Russian, Chinese etc etc.
Oil to pay for the cost of illegal immigration was actually Michael Savages idea but it won't happen. Mexico has a huge reserve of oil but they will not allow foreign investors to develop it.

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 21:09
Isk,

I believe than Lancer is not talking about immigration issues of Greece, but about Greek immigrants to the U.S.. He is pointing out how offensive he perceives Stratego's statements about Mexican immigrants by changing the nationality of the immigrants to Greeks.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 21:57

Strategos, clarify this ? are you greek or american ?
Let me remind you that next time you bash to turkish.
Fox and any other mexican president cares because of the large number of mexicans living in the USA. And before you do your bashing thing, let me remind you than 50,000 mexican born or mexican born descendent are elisted in the US Army, that during the WWII more than 375,000 up to 500,000 mexican descendent were fighting enlisted on the US Army. That many mexican fought on both sides during the Civil War, by saying this I'm bringing to discussion topics that you are not aware of. Why, because every time that you post something, you have nothing nice to say about any other country or people.

Again, I'm impatient to read an essay from you. A good article, at least a 2 lines post not bashing anyone. But you are uncapable to do such thing because your perjudices blinds you completely.

By saying this, I'm not stating any anti US or anti greek statement. I clarify this to defuse any attempt from you to open a controversy. I send this public, because your posts lower the IQ level on the discussions around. Have you think to visit the KKK forum ? I bet you are going to feel more comfortable around. Do not you see that you are not more than an inmigrant descendent born in a land that belonged and stole from someonelse ? Bashing illegal inmigration from whatever nationality is equal to spit to air.

...." Why the greeks leaves Hellas ?
They should remains there".....

It is a disgusting post. How does it taste ?

Go and get you a Yahoo account, there are zillions of morons, willing to participate on How post the dumbest, racist, red neck topic.

The difference with that last statement, sir, is I was talkimng about Illegal Mexicans, and you talk about the Greek leaving Hellas. But I have not come across 1  illegal Greek inside the US, while there are millions of illegal Mexicans inside the US, so your "stab back" at me really makes 0  sense.

Now, you say you want me to write you a well formated essay or what not, but what exactly is your QUESTION, instead of you poking little jabs at me.

KKK forum? You are crazy! Me, as a Hellen, feels no great bond to  Anglo Saxons of the KKK. Maybe you should go visit some protests, and help the mayor of Mexico City not be barred from election, because Vicento Fox does not want to give up his post..

Prehaps you can answer more quickly, instead of taking a Week to make a comment, I know YOU must be quicker than that..

iskenderani View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 23:29

Originally posted by hugoestr

Isk,

I believe than Lancer is not talking about immigration issues of Greece, but about Greek immigrants to the U.S.. He is pointing out how offensive he perceives Stratego's statements about Mexican immigrants by changing the nationality of the immigrants to Greeks.

I agree Hugo , but my point was that "illegals" are what the word says..illegals. Out of the law .... which makes them easy victims.

Illegals , cause problems to both , there own country and the country that they go....safety problems , public insurance problems , black market in working rights , slave market on both women and men , they might even increase unemployment in one region ...

Generally speaking , this is why countries have laws and laws must be respected. Greek immigrants in all Europe , had to go by law .... There were of course incidents of illegal imigration , but they were minor incidents...

Today , unfortunately , the constant incopetence of many goverments , war , and the increasing gap between the wealthy states and the poorer ones causes of mass illegal imigration....internationally.

In Europe , things are on the limit .... the slave market flourishes . Women from the Eastern Europe , men from Pakistan , Afganistan , Kurdistan , India u name it u have it are beeing exploided from Turkish ( mostly ) black marketeers to pass them to the numerous islands of Greece , costing from 1500 $ to 3000 $ per head . We had lots of incidents in which these poor people were abandoned at high seas in winter and lots were drowned ... On the other hand hundreds if not thousands women from East Europe , are practicing prostitution for a living in all higways in Europe , without a proped medical care .An international ( in Europe ) truck driver , told me that the average age of these women is drcreasing and u can find today , even 16-17 years old girls prostituting in Summer , going around Europe , country seeing , and in winter they return back to their homes with some Euro more to spend . Allarming is also the fact that many of them do not return , falling victims to drunk drivers which they beat them badly , and to pimps ...

Again , generally speaking the situation is not good and from my point of view , is getting worse. Its not just a problem of Mexicans and Anglo's .It is a wider international problem.

And i will give u another point to think it over....China + India and the neighboring countries , Indonesia , Korea , SouthEast Asia ( in general ) , do have more than half the population of the whole world , besides beeing the future economic giants ( China + India ) , living in a very overpopulated area of this planet.....what do u think it may happen in a few years ???

Isk.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 00:48

Photo journal of the MinuteMan Project http://www.minutemanproject.com/Photos.html
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 10:19
Isk,

I really wished that the illegal alien problem were framed in the U.S. the way that you did. Not only are you worried about the nationals of the country but also for the condition of the immigrants

To be fair, many U.S. government officials, including Bush, have shown concern about the welfare of illegal immigrants in the U.S.. Unfortunately the public dialogue in the U.S. is constantly set up as a cultural invasion from the South. Lancer and I object to that point of view, although Lancer did it more strongly than I did.

I started getting worried about illegal-immigration supporters when I heard on the radio a person discussing his displeasure when he heard illegal-aliens speaking Spanish in the street. The radio host went along and endorsed the feeling, and a string of callers supported the feeling afterwards.

This is how I realized that for many the issue has nothing to do with immigration laws and everything to do with anti-Mexican sentiments. Quite simply, it is impossible to distinguish an illegal alien from a legal one or from a U.S. citizen from Mexican origin. The sight that offended the caller so much could have been me speaking with my infant daughter, and both of us were born in the U.S..

In other words, anti-illegal immigration supporters pose a threat to citizens of Mexican descent. Add to this the many anti-illegal immigration supporters who are fascinated with guns and violence, and you will see why I am worried about them.

Thanks again for your insightful post.
Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 12:03

The fact is that immigration levels today in Greece are way far higher than they were before and unfortunately it will keep this way if the greek gov. wont adopt the appropriate immigration policy.

I am also skeptical about the phenomenon of the last decade, whoever is against immigration, legal or not, to be called as "xenophobe", "racist"  and all these coloful names being used. Of course there are always people who support the correct ideas for wrong reasons but its doesnt mean the idea itself is wrong.

which in 10-15 years will demand certain rights....and it will be able to influemce even national elections....

Dont go so far. Think of the fact that in certain cities there have been concentrated illegal immigrants where they are now the majority and are terrorising the rest of the population with result forcing them to take their families and move to other provinces of Greece. I am thinking also the influence you are stating could be also for local elections....not just national.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 13:06
Originally posted by Aeolus

The fact is that immigration levels today in Greece are way far higher than they were before and unfortunately it will keep this way if the greek gov. wont adopt the appropriate immigration policy.

I am also skeptical about the phenomenon of the last decade, whoever is against immigration, legal or not, to be called as "xenophobe", "racist" and all these coloful names being used. Of course there are always people who support the correct ideas for wrong reasons but its doesnt mean the idea itself is wrong.

which in 10-15 years will demand certain rights....and it will be able to influemce even national elections....

It saddens me to hear this!! Forget about these so-called human rights groups and just deport these tresspassers from Greece but that won't happen. Once again it is about big buisness and the need for cheap labor. I was in Athens the fall of 2001 and I saw illegal immigrants from all over; China, Thailand, Poland, Russia, W. Asia and N.Africa. I barrow this from Michael Savage- the Greeks have the right to protect their borders, language and culture. But, also the illegal immigrants are being taken advantage of and abused, that is also wrong. I wish I had more time but off to class!!

Dont go so far. Think of the fact that in certain cities there have been concentrated illegal immigrants where they are now the majority and are terrorising the rest of the population with result forcing them to take their families and move to other provinces of Greece. I am thinking also the influence you are stating could be also for local elections....not just national.

Greece should deport them before they lose their borders, language and culture. Has it really gotten that bad in Athens since I was last there in the Fall of 2001. It was not so good then.

terrorising the rest of the population with result forcing them to take - where are they mostly from now? Deport them and save Greece.

Edited by eaglecap
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 16:23
Aeolus,

You are right about how we should avoid blanket statements about people who are opposed to immigration. What I described is the situation in the U.S.. I frankly dont know enough about immigration in Europe to have an intelligent opinion about it.

Even in the U.S there are some people who are honestly worried about illegal immigration from an economic or legal perspective without being bigoted against the ethnic group that is immigrating. We are fortunate enough to have one of them in our midst, Eaglecap.

In the U.S., I have a strong suspicion that those who are bigoted hide behind the illegal immigration issue. I have come to this conclusion not because they are against illegal immigration but from the cultural criticisms that are targeted to Mexicans, not to illegal Mexican immigrant. Because it is not socially acceptable to talk against Mexicans, they talk about illegal aliens instead, wink, wink.

Also specific to the U.S. is how so many anti-illegal immigration proponents fail to see how dependent the economy is to illegal immigration. I do not expect them to give up their position because of this, but they have to take this fact into consideration when coming up with possible solutions for the problem. Any solution that ignores the economic dependency to black market labor is nave and impractical, and politically impossible.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 23:38
Illegal aliens run for your lives!!

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 14:10

Jalisco Lancer

I do not like to reopen topics that havn't been responded to for a long time, but I think if you are going to make a post and attack me, and I respond back, at least you would go and rerespond. I am not here to start a fight, but if your going to call me out, at least respond back to me.

Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 14:59

why ? you are not worthly of a reply. Period.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 18:49
Don't make comments, if you cannot back up a respond. That is quite childish, but then again, no surprize.
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 19:19

who cares about you ?
get a real life,
probably you need a girlfriend or a little bit of Prozac , dude

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>