Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Asian giant is getting old....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Asian giant is getting old....
    Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 08:55
China will have a serious demographic problem concerning the analogy between old people and young people which came up with the law of the one child per family 25 years ago.According to research,in 20 years there will be 300.000.000 old people,that is the 30% of the Chinese population which also means fewer working hands.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Le Renard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 10:52

Here is the projected population pyramid of China in 2050.  between 50- 100 million will be over 85yrs old

Edited by Le Renard
"History repeats itself because nobody listened the first time."
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 10:56

If you start from 60-64,then the number will be bigger.

--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 14:33
SO China will be just like Japan and a bunch of N. American and European countries. Big deal.
Arrrgh!!"
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 16:33
I doubt the age demographic is what the Chinese should eb scared about, they should be more concerned with the male-female ratio.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 06:57
What's happening with male-female ratio?
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 07:58

Originally posted by Spartakus

What's happening with male-female ratio?

means there aren't enought chics to go around and may soon have to look outwards..

MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 16:08
My theory (it'd only be popular for Chinese men): Chinese men should start marrying American girls.  I could be wrong but it seems that the female population in America is higher than male.  May be it can help balance things out.  =)
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 16:43

I hear the female population is higher in Morrocco too, so those Chinese men can have some variety
Arrrgh!!"
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 17:27

the female population is higher in hong kong as well. a lot of hong kong women are going to mainland china to look for descend men now.

well, i dun really like women's personality tho. and dun be mistakened. i'm not gay. i just dun like the way women are all the time.

when u care about them, they hate u.

when u are an asshole to them, they love u.

���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 21:05
the Chinese still have antiquated ideas about offspring and gender, however the Chinese people I have met stateside tend to have a higher proportion of gays then other demigraphics so perhaps they are already adapting to this male/female disparity.
-Alexander Hamilton
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 03:48
Originally posted by coolstorm

the female population is higher in hong kong as well. a lot of hong kong women are going to mainland china to look for descend men now.

well, i dun really like women's personality tho. and dun be mistakened. i'm not gay. i just dun like the way women are all the time.

Now you understand women.    But what's wrong with hating you when you care about them, and loving you when you are a jerk to them?  It just makes it so interesting doesn't it?  I rather like women that way.  Otherwise they bore me.

Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 10:07

Originally posted by Tobodai

however the Chinese people I have met stateside tend to have a higher proportion of gays then other demigraphics so perhaps they are already adapting to this male/female disparity.

Jai Badri Vishal
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 16:30
Originally posted by coolstorm

Your evaluation of women is so true. I know a guy who is simply a master with the ladies. He employs what he calls @ssh*le factor. He is really nice to a girl he likes for the first few times, giving all the right signals. Then suddenly for no reason he changes and acts like an @ssh*le, the confused girl being stupified by it and at the same time more attracted. She is soon eating out of his hand.

Note: this tactic is only to be used by a professional.

Apparently the tables do turn though, I have noticed by observation of elders that once adults hit their thirties the men seem to have a much easier time of it.
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 18:27
If China supports homosexual marriages, I think the problem is solved and all is well
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 20:51
Probably, If I had to guess I would think that 40% or more of the Chinese male community at Rutgers U is gay.  Either they send all their gay students here, their student population is gay, or there are alot of gay Chinese people.  Im thinking its the latter as repressive socieites tend to secretly act out more against norms.  Either that or its because they are so misoginist...
-Alexander Hamilton
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 23:14
So.........you go to Rutgers Tobodai, do you use facebook?
AAAAAAAAAA

Pharoah View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Pharoah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 23:17
Pharaop:

As part of the Staff at AE, I would like to request you do not post derogatory messages towards sexual orientation, gender, nationality or religion.
Your post has been edited. Further violations of the Code of Conduct will be reported to issue a warning and/or a permanent/temporal banning.

Please kindly by Adviced.

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 23:23
Originally posted by Pharoah

Originally posted by Tobodai

Probably, If I had to guess I would think that 40% or more of the Chinese male community at Rutgers U is gay.  Either they send all their gay students here, their student population is gay, or there are alot of gay Chinese people.  Im thinking its the latter as repressive socieites tend to secretly act out more against norms.  Either that or its because they are so misoginist...

Yes

easier for chinese men to have a relationship with other chinese men. All chinese men are hairless and all chinese women are flat chested. So it will be easy to switch from straight to homosexual, what are you really losing on your partner side?

Hey watch it!   Be careful what you say because you are being rude.  Most East Asian men, not just Chinese, tend to have lesser hair than Europeans because of genetic makeup.  The same goes for African men. 

But all in all, since I am a die-hard liberal, I would love to see the PRC government sanction homosexual marriages.   

AAAAAAAAAA

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 23:29
African men can be pretty hairy, its just tightly curled, so it doesn't get in the way.
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>