Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sino-Japanese relations through history.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
jiangweibaoye View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sino-Japanese relations through history.
    Posted: 31-Mar-2005 at 10:31

I must agree with red guard.  The Japanese students I meet have a very strong interest in Chinese and Chinese History.  It is a shame the interest is not the same with Chinese Americans over here.

I think some of the hatred against the Japanese stems Kozumi annual visit to that war shrine.  Relations was not good to begin with & his action just makes the situation worse.  Also, the government will not apologize for WWII and even try to marginalize incidents like the Rape of Nanjing stating that the casualitie numbers is inflated.  Again, I speak from my experience with Japanese students, they realize what the truth is and the Japanese Government position is not what they believe. 

On the same token.  There is a Korean girl I use to know and she stated "I hate Japanese people for what they did to us (Korea)!"  She was referring specifically to a Japanese friend (male) that I had.  I just like to state that attitude is just plain wrong.  One must seperate individuals & government policies.

Mperor View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Mperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 22:32

Hi everyone.

I must say we have a really interesting forum here! So, being the newbie here, I'll like to say "hi" to everyone!

About the topic...

I agree with jiangwei. Germany admitted what they have done during WW2, and condemned what the Nazis did. I at first thought like Red Guard.

"It's sooooo long time ago, why hate them still?" My father told me: "You never had the feeling of witnessing your nation's struggle to live, did you?" He was clearly referring to the crazed massacres of Chinese civilians during WW2. "But the army is to be blamed, not Japan itself!" I told him. He shook his head in disappointement and told me: "Think as you wish then."

I personally think that the Japanese (generalizing and excluding the enlightened ones) look down on Chinese (I might be VERY wrong). After all, they once called the Chinese "The Sick of East-Asia". Some stories told by Japanese POWs say that they were very frustrated when they heard about the Chinese success in the Korean War. They were thinking: "How can this army, that we once crushed so easily, drive back the ones who defeated us, the US?" This bad opinion of them might very well change if they actually admit what they did during WW2 as agression and not as "Liberation" as some of them called it. And I really think they shouldn't glorify those military campaigns (ought not to be called campaign, just pushing back the army and killing everything in the path...) like they do in certain books...

I wish to see Japan and China becoming good friends one day too... but that day might be quite far away. (Especially that now, Japan is exposing some will to.. "expand its political influence...")

I also have trouble understand why they have this paranoia of China bombing and invading Japan... It's hard to understand. They were the agressors in the first place!

babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 02:31
Originally posted by Mperor

I also have trouble understand why they have this paranoia of China bombing and invading Japan... It's hard to understand. They were the agressors in the first place!

if you killed my father, you too, will live forever with the fear of me repaying this debt to you one hundred fold...

...btw, welcome...

General_Zhaoyun View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote General_Zhaoyun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 03:47
Originally posted by RED GUARD

Today, almost everyone in China hates Japan after what they did in WW2. But in Japan, people seem to like the Chinese and some of video games and amine are related to China. I don't why my people still dislike the Japanese, while in Japan, they are treated with amazement. I mean come on, WW2 was like 50 years ago.

The chinese has been brought up with an anti-Japanese attitude b'cos the historical text in China tends to demonize the Japanese as evil and the aggressor, due to the war-time atrocities in China by Japanese. The Chinese Communist Party, which was founded on the basis of anti-Imperialism,  tends to treat any other 'imperialistic' countries such as war-time Japan as evil, and thus such hatred was never erased.

I'm sure Japanese is the most hated people in China, while American is the 2nd most hated people in China. The CCP utilized the hatred/nationalism against imperialism to transform this into a powerful force against external force.

You did notice that CCP's government likes to play around with the emotions of the chinese people, who are sometimes too ignorant to believe that they are true.

Edited by General_Zhaoyun
Founder of China History Forum
Elanjie View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Elanjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 08:00

Originally posted by General_Zhaoyun

You did notice that CCP's government likes to play around with the emotions of the chinese people, who are sometimes too ignorant to believe that they are true.

I'm not member of the CCP, but i am sucked of your words that treat chinese people as stupid as you are.

RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2005 at 07:02
Originally posted by Mperor

"It's sooooo long time ago, why hate them still?" My father told me: "You never had the feeling of witnessing your nation's struggle to live, did you?"

That's what my daddy used to say!
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Elanjie View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Elanjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2005 at 07:35

Although in my family no one had suffered so much from the invasion of Japan.

But I also hate the invasion for some special and individual reasons. 

eg.  Japan airforce had dropped a bomb not explosed  in my high school's guarden in 1941,  only till recently my school had it digged out .Because of my curiosity ,once I had sneak into the locked garden and pissed in the man-made lake that lay the the bomb, what a f*c*, had i know this ,i would'nt do that.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2005 at 16:45
pretty surprised there's noone japanese here
General_Zhaoyun View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote General_Zhaoyun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2005 at 01:35
Originally posted by Elanjie

I'm not member of the CCP, but i am sucked of your words that treat chinese people as stupid as you are.

Can mod pls edit Elanjie's post? I believe that is personal insulting, flaming, slander and verbal attack.

I am not criticising mainland chinese people, heck, I'm a chinese myself. Neither am I anti-CCP. I'm just pointing out the historical root cause of why the anti-Japanese sentiment has been deeply rooted amongst chinese people. When examining history, we need to investigate the inside fact. We cannot deny the fact that chinese historical text did portray a negative image of Japanese. Japanese has been an 'historical' enemy of Chinese.

My girlfriend is from mainland China and she told me that when young, some of their classes involve watching 'war-time movie' of PLA fighting against the Japanese. After that, they were told to write reports and commentaries on such incidence. Such was to instilled Patriotism in the chinese people. But equally, the aim was also to re-inforce the idea that Japanese had committed atrocities in China.

However, many young chinese grew up not able to differentiate between patriotism and irrational nationalism. They think that 'boycotting' Japanese products is considered 'patriotism', not knowing that currently Honda car is made in China (Guangzhou), through a joint-venture between China and Japan. Sometimes, irrational nationalism was seen when anything associated with anti-Japanese was seen as 'patriotism'. Now, is hatred equal to patriotism?

Somehow, the Japanese war against China had already been 60 years. The Japanese atrocities committed in China was unprecedented and should be heavily criticised. Japanese should learn to recognise history and learn to apologise to chinese people.

But I feel that the mainland chinese people should also learn to be more civilized and be more moderated. Such will prevent chinese from becoming mobs and gangsters during their anti-Japanese riots.  I don't deny the chinese press had played an important role in stirring up anti-Japanese feelings among the chinese people. And thus, I do not blame these irrational chinese rioteers.

Historical grudge was created by the past generation and IMV, most japanese people are quite moderate today, apart from right-winged group  and we should not be so anti-Japanese, because of the atrocities commmitted by their ancestors. "Blaming on historical atrocities" and  "blaming it on Japanese people today" should be separated.

Edited by General_Zhaoyun
Founder of China History Forum
Elanjie View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Elanjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2005 at 07:30

My girlfriend is from mainland China and she told me that when young, some of their classes involve watching 'war-time movie' of PLA fighting against the Japanese. After that, they were told to write reports and commentaries on such incidence.

It's true, we even shout like thouder in the hall , it is excited. I don't think it is wrong . Without such taught,  we would hate Japanese too.

They think that 'boycotting' Japanese products is considered 'patriotism', not knowing that currently Honda car is made in China (Guangzhou), through a joint-venture between China and Japan. Sometimes, irrational nationalism was seen when anything associated with anti-Japanese was seen as 'patriotism'. Now, is hatred equal to patriotism?

[QUOTE]

They protest, while others buy more , even when those boys grow up they would also do it. You don't know what the cultural influence in china and the civilization is , you are not a complete chinese.

[QUOTE=General_Zhaoyun]
But I feel that the mainland chinese people should also learn to be more civilized and be more moderated. Such will prevent chinese from becoming mobs and gangsters during their anti-Japanese riots. 

[QUOTE]

Well, it is my word call you stupid , but you throw your verbal attack to all mainland chinese again!!! So ,how civilized you are? I stick to my judgement on you, you are stupid , while childish at the same time.

[QUOTE=General_Zhaoyun]

Historical grudge was created by the past generation and IMV, most japanese people are quite moderate today, apart from right-winged group  and we should not be so anti-Japanese, because of the atrocities commmitted by their ancestors. "Blaming on historical atrocities" and  "blaming it on Japanese people today" should be separated.

That is the only words i appreciate.

I know you are some kind of chinese  , if not, I would have more sharp criticize.       Don't just stay in that area the size of Nosesh*t on map, try go around.

The last, i  apologize to all the forumers , I don't hope such quarrel advance to a higher grade. So ,general_Zhaoyun , i would like to discuss with you personally , i offer you a channel , write to me or left your message.

Elanjie View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Elanjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2005 at 08:11

Originally posted by YAFES

No one  like to be target.   

King Chulalongkorn View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 11:33
lol. In my college we have Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Filipino and American students and the fact is no one really hates the Japanese people. Its the government that angers the opposition due to rammifications in historical difference and promulgation of facts.

I think that the Chinese people need to cool down..its not healthy for their image to be seen as protesting and agitated.

Kha Wora Phutthachao Nop Phra Phumiban Bunya Direk
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 11:41
      Yeah, it's only the Japanese gournment we should hate, not the people.
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 12:05

Yup besides..look at the contributions the japanese people gave to us..anime, ddr, karaoke-jam, video games for ps2 etc..lol!!

c'mon!

Elanjie View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Elanjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 23:00

Originally posted by King Chulalongkorn

I think that the Chinese people need to cool down..its not healthy for their image to be seen as protesting and agitated.

Many chinese also have such thoughts and always being cool and peaceful, but when they walk onto the street, nobody force them, they just join the protesting and demostration.

Acoording to someone's logic, we generation of mainland chinese grow up under the anti-japanese taught, that is why we hate japan. Basiclly, I don't think so, we could distinguish what the Japan government does and common japanese people. But we are also quite aware what the spirit nature and unique japanese cultureral influence  are, they are "dangerous" in some sense, easy to be inflamed to extreme. They once learned much from China, but they didn't learn to be honest and sincerely. Japanese are real hard-working under high pressure , I don't expect some of them have good health both with body and minds.

It is not only about the remodify on school books whick would be only a trigger, but also their dirty works done to the Diaoyu island and taiwan issue.

So, your country had never been real controlled by China as you say, but you are always having strong sensitive and easily to be angered in many areas ,sometimes in words.

Do you think the image were more important than your country's intergrity and respect?

Well, well, I lost my way, for discussion history not to be emotional.

Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 01:03
Originally posted by Elanjie

Many chinese also have such thoughts and always being cool and peaceful, but when they walk onto the street, nobody force them, they just join the protesting and demostration.

Acoording to someone's logic, we generation of mainland chinese grow up under the anti-japanese taught, that is why we hate japan. Basiclly, I don't think so, we could distinguish what the Japan government does and common japanese people. But we are also quite aware what the spirit nature and unique japanese cultureral influence  are, they are "dangerous" in some sense, easy to be inflamed to extreme. They once learned much from China, but they didn't learn to be honest and sincerely. Japanese are real hard-working under high pressure , I don't expect some of them have good health both with body and minds.

It is not only about the remodify on school books whick would be only a trigger, but also their dirty works done to the Diaoyu island and taiwan issue.

So, your country had never been real controlled by China as you say, but you are always having strong sensitive and easily to be angered in many areas ,sometimes in words.

Do you think the image were more important than your country's intergrity and respect?

Well, well, I lost my way, for discussion history not to be emotional.

So you justify the anger and the protest of the Chinese because of Japan's exercise of its national right to claim its territoriality? You do understand that the islands that Japan claims are recognized by the international community as well as from the United States.

As for the Japanese claim to protect Taiwan, its mere strategy with Taiwan and the United States. Its their national practice to uphold the continuation of the democratic state of Taiwan. Nothing wrong with that.
TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 02:13

im 1/2 

True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 06:35
Originally posted by TheOrcRemix

im 1/2 

Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 09:22
welcome! 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 17:20

welcome! 

then I should open a new topic in the Tavern. see you there

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>