Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iran and Israel!?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iran and Israel!?!?!?!
    Posted: 21-Apr-2009 at 15:48
wow, I am surpirsed no one on here has mentioned this current crisis. unless it was vaguely mentioned in a post, anyone care to talk, I gotta go to class...
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2009 at 15:45
I'm talkin about the possible airstrike the Israeli's are threatening the Iranians with. Waht do you gouys think will happen?
Sun Tzu

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2009 at 23:24
Isrdael has been threatening airstrikes in one way or another for 5 years at least. According to israel Iran would have been nuclear armed by2006. What you see here at work is a very well oiled propaganda machine which seeks to sensationalize western countries to attempt what Israel could never hope to achieve.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2009 at 23:27
Let's talk of a real. Crisis: the Taliban in Pakistan in the face of an indifferent Pakistani regime. Echoes of Iran 1978 except pakistan has nukes... There's a real crisis.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2009 at 19:48
That is "Iran vs. Israel and Arab countries", it seems to be considered really a conflict between Semites and Anti-Semites!!

WASHINGTON (JTA) -- Hillary Clinton said Israel could lose Arab support for countering the Iranian threat if Israel does not pursue peace negotiations with the Palestinians.

"For Israel to get the kind of strong support it is looking for vis-a-vis Iran, it can't stay on the sidelines with respect to the Palestinians and the peace efforts," the U.S. Secretary of State said Thursday at a House Appropriations Committee hearing. "They go hand in hand."

Arab countries "believe that Israel's willingness to re-enter into discussions with the Palestinian Authority strengthens them in being able to deal with Iran," she said.

Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2009 at 04:39
Originally posted by Zagros

Isrdael has been threatening airstrikes in one way or another for 5 years at least. According to israel Iran would have been nuclear armed by2006. What you see here at work is a very well oiled propaganda machine which seeks to sensationalize western countries to attempt what Israel could never hope to achieve.
Second that.
Anfører
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2009 at 11:27
Hello to you all

Israel wants to take Iran down. There is no way it could take Iran alone for many reasons not the least is that Iran is bigger than Israel to swallow or even digest.

The current policy is this. With a popular and stupid ideologue leading Iran that is most likely will be reelected, Israel is now mustering support from every corner in the world, painting themselves as the lambs in the middle of a wolfpacks, taking opportunity of every mistake the Iranian leader makes, like his comments in the racism conference, and making its massive spin machine twist facts and turn the world population against Iran (Iran and its president got more slamming coverage because of the racism conference than Israel got from its massacres in Gaza).

The final nail in the coffin will be an air strike that will achieve nothing except a hefty and swift Iranian response on those poor lambs which will justify an unjustifiable intervention from EU/US.

Al-Jassas
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2009 at 04:13
yea, I don't have many good things to say for their president. I don't believe he represents Iran's intentions as a whole, Iran would even be tough for the U.S. to attack being that there would be a strong insurgency and it is somewhat mountainous. Not to sound Elitist but what is with that old man's jacket he wears all the time, at least wear a decent to suit to look a little professional; I mean he represents Iran on the world stage.
Sun Tzu

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2009 at 06:49
The Iranian president has no power over security or foreign affairs, his job is domestic and internal economics.

the focus on him by our media is just a another way to twist the way we look at iran. You want to talk to the guy running the real game, talk to the Ayatollah. He is the puppet master
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2009 at 15:27
oh Yea I knew that I was just talking about their figurehead, and the Ayatollah would probably not want to talk with the U.S. anyway.
Sun Tzu

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2009 at 11:55
the Ayatollah can talk to the USA. He said he would after the US change their ways first. That is stop the threats to IRan, get out of Iraq, give Israel a really good clip around the ears and have a just settlement over the holy land. Its reasonable but unrealistic in the near term.

Obama might suprise on the upsise going forward but the militray-industrail machine in washington is a big block to a more accpetable ME policy.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2009 at 17:39
His attire is a part of his facade. A common man for the common people. What Iran has is more like a common idiot. As far as his powers go: funny how he is painted as the be all and end all of Iranian politics and policy ad nauseam by mass media propaganda machine in the west when all they ranted and raved about was the hollowness of his ostensibly well intentioned predecessor because he lacked any meaningful power and whom answered to the same ayatollah. Why I wonder is that?

Edited by Zagros - 29-Apr-2009 at 17:44
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2009 at 03:25
what do you mean by a clip around the ears, and a just settlement? I would think the Ayatollah would want the complete destruction of Israel and all the Holy land for the Arabs, unless I am wrong.
Sun Tzu

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2009 at 05:50
Originally posted by Sun Tzu

what do you mean by a clip around the ears, and a just settlement? I would think the Ayatollah would want the complete destruction of Israel and all the Holy land for the Arabs, unless I am wrong.
Clip around the ears i mean,  put US support on ice until Israel changes its bellicose behavoiur. The Gaza war needed some real criticism from Washington not protection in the secuirty council.

As for Iran they want an end to Zionism, not the jewish presence in the holyland - which is what is intrepeted in the west. Isreal is a jewish state first, which is exclusive to the non jeiwsh locals while expanding jewish settlements at the cost of local property rights, thats the rub for most in the ME. Most would be happy with Isreal staying behind its old borders.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2009 at 07:41
Originally posted by Sun Tzu

The Iranis have never said that. That's what the propaganda arm of the Israeli government says that the Iranis say.

(The idea that the Iranis want anything just for the Arabs is highly amusing LOL)
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2009 at 05:49
Well they wouldn't want it for the Israelis lol. And I wasn't talking about the Iranian people, I don't beleive they hate us (at least most of them) even thought sometimes even I hate my government. I guess it's just their so-called leader Ahmadenajhad who misrepresents them.

As for the Israelis enroaching on neighbors borders has really pissed me off. Especially a story I heard on 60 minutes where Israeli troops were using a Palestinian house for their own pleasure. The homeowners were under the pretense that they were going to use it for one night base to search the neighborhood and watch the town (as the house was on a hill). anyways they tried interviewing the soldiers aking why they were there and they wouldn't even answer the door. Aren't there laws on how troops are quartered in areas like Palestine?? It just really bothered me.
Sun Tzu

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2009 at 01:50
I wonder what the propaganda machine is conjuring up to peddle aggression against Iran when Ahmadinejad's out of the picture soon - they won't have much material to work with. 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2009 at 04:12
I just find it a little hypocritical that people are so strongly criticising Ahmadinejad, who don't get me wrong is racist and troublesom, when people seem content to often ignore the current Israeli administration. Not too long ago the Israeli foreign minister said something to the effect that Palestinians would need to acknowledge Israel as a strictly and wholely Jewish state if there was to be peace.

Regarding Israel attempting to gather support against Iran, I believe they are faiing in this regard. While people are generally opposed to Iran's position, people are not in any way allying themselves with Israel. Even the United States is taking a step backward. All I can say is that it's about time and hopefully some international law can start to be enforced in the region, against both parties involved.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2009 at 13:48
Who says he is racist?  He isn't, he isn't anti-semitic either. He's just a populist idiot who seeks grandeur among his fanatical peers and the poor.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2009 at 14:53
Originally posted by Zagros

I wonder what the propaganda machine is conjuring up to peddle aggression against Iran when Ahmadinejad's out of the picture soon - they won't have much material to work with. 
  It wont stop with that little turd being replaced with another, even if they bring in someone more polished and smart like Rafsanjani. The western media will pick on something else, the republican guard or the mullahs themselves. Minorities, democracy, people being hanged etc etc. It all gets wheeled out. When turkey said no to the US over Iraq, all of a sudden the kurdish rights became an issue in the western media, no one is safe from such games.

If washington doenst want to confront Iran, which i think is it is now shifting to, the media will tone it down as well. im not as worried about the US as i once was.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>